Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m an atheist and I could have come up with a more pastor-ish response.

I think we could pull random people off the street and they could cobble together a more pastorly response!

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I don't hate the words on the shirt just the font.  I'd probably be the kind of person who bought a shirt like that if I could afford it and it was legible.  

This is a really good point. 

I think the wrong script shows that they and their representatives aren't up to doing what they need to do or at least aren't giving matters enough thought at this point.

I expect that's a saying that Jinge feels strongly about.....And as you mention, it's one that likely resonates with many of the people she can connect with and would like to connect with.

But script that's really hard to read is for tee-shirt sayings that you and your potential buyers see as merely decorative. Sayings that you're serious about should be legible if you want people to be excited about wearing the tee-shirt. 

If you're really trying to be a business, it's these little things that can doom your chances.

I understand why this wouldn't occur to Jinger -- she's not used to thinking in business terms like that. But it seems they've hired a fair number of people. And those people are in business....and the business of communications, probably. So they should think of it -- and help her to learn to think that way, too, I'd say. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

At least he responded. From what I’ve read Jinger never bother to respond to anyone at all. Even after soliciting others’ opinions.

In that scenario, I'd almost say not responding looks better than responding with cheerful indifference to someone's story about a relative with terminal cancer. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I started to click on their site...fortunately, it took forever to load and I came to my senses and noped on out. It still slapped a cookie on my iPad.👿

Seriously, she’s selling a tee shirt with that logo??? Who would possibly wear such a thing, other than maybe an unusually immature ten-year-old girl?

The same people who bought Mrs. Timberlake shirts back in the day. 

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger's giving away a lot of money, but she says it's not sponsored. Is that so she won't lose yet another gig? 

Okay. So here's the deal of Blue Check Marketing -- They build brand awareness for you, including with stuff like making you likable by handing out money.....

About BCM

Blue Check Marketing, LLC has established a reputation of proven success over the past 5 years of running successful giveaway campaigns in the United States, Mexico, and beyond.

We are proud to partner with the world’s most influential celebrities and social media stars to drive followers directly to your brand. Our client's are offered an exclusive opportunity to gain worldwide exposure and growth of their brand.

Businesses and Bloggers should complete the “Want to Know More” form on the Home page to request access to our marketing email list.

We work with small businesses, large companies, nonprofits, and influencers to build and increase brand-awareness digitally and physically.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 10
(edited)

Here's how this works, according to the NYT (article's part of their free-to-all coronavirus coverage)-  The bolded part below is it in a nutshell......Basically you are getting people who are attracted to you and also want money to give likes and followers to OTHER entities that PAY the marketing company you're working with to get on the list of those who'll receive likes....and then you get a cut from what those companies pay the marketing company. So you're renting out your followers to a bunch of other companies who are paying to have those followers like them too. 

Apparently this is ramped way up right now because the coronavirus is leaving so many people desperate to win one of these giveaways. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/style/instagram-cash-giveaways-coronavirus.html

By Taylor Lorenz

April 27, 2020

...As the coronavirus has continued to disrupt American lives and livelihoods, Instagram has been overrun with cash giveaways ...

To the more than 26 million U.S. residents who have filed for unemployment over the past five weeks and millions more who are struggling to cover unforeseen costs such as medical bills and weeks worth of food purchased all at once, these cash offers may look like lifelines. But though they are frequently framed as charity, the giveaways are part of a growth scheme that has become pervasive on Instagram.

Ms. Hathaway, for instance, was paid thousands of dollars by the social media marketing firm Social Stance to promote the giveaway on her feed. Potential entrants were instructed to follow a list of around 70 accounts that Social Stance was following. The company charged $900 for a slot on the list. Those who purchased “sponsor” slots could expect to earn thousands of new followers overnight.

...Not all giveaways are run with the same level of transparency. ,,, Liraz Roxy, a social media influencer in Los Angeles, said she’s refused to participate in any sponsored giveaways. “It’s all very shady,” she said.

A Facebook company spokesperson said that many cash giveaways could be in violation of the company’s community guidelines. ...Additionally, according to Robert Freund, an attorney who offers a legal training course for influencers, many of these cash giveaways could violate state sweepstakes laws.

“There are a lot of state, federal and local laws that regulate the sweepstakes promotional space and there are special considerations when you run promotions online with influencers,” he said.

,,,Influencers should also disclose that they are being paid to promote these giveaways.

“Right now there’s a trend where influencers are making it seem like these cash giveaways are out of the goodness of their heart because of Covid,” said Mr. Freund. “But, if they’re getting compensated, they need to disclose that fact when they promote the giveaway and make posts about it. Disclosure in influencer marketing is an area that the F.T.C. is paying a lot more attention to recently and regulators are watching.”

2 hours ago, P2C2E said:

I don't have instagram, who are the 46 accounts that she wants people to follow in order to be entered? Is it all J&J buddies?

Nope. It's people who've paid Blue Check Marketing to get them likes. They get the likes because people who want the money Jingle's offering have to like those companies' instas to qualify for the cash.....And then Jingle gets a cut of the money those insta owners have paid Blue Check Marketing. 

This explains why Jingle and Jer have been writing about the quarantine and Covid 19 so much.

People who are getting desperate for cash because of coronavirus trouble and, I suppose, just some people who are bored because they're stuck in the house are very highly motivated to enter giveaways like this ......

So when Jingle and Jer wrote lately about the quarantine, the purpose was to get a lot of their followers who are very quarantine-conscious glued to their feed.....on the assumption that quarantine-conscious people will jump at the chance to get this cash and be willing to jump through the required hoops to qualify for the money. 

(Also suggests that they didn't give a crap about quarantine or anybody's experiences with it ..... They were ONLY doing as directed to gear up for this money-making opportunity created by one of their new marketing agencies, Blue Check.....If any of their actual followers and fans figure that out, I don't see it helping their authenticity and likability quotients -- i.e., the only capital they have that could make them into actual influencers....As opposed to just people selling their followers for money. )

Odd and kinda sick capitalism at its finest. 

Jingle doesn't disclose that she's getting paid for this, as far as I can see. And she sort of implies, it seems to me, that she's doing it out of the goodness of her heart.......That may be kinda sorta against the law. 

It's also a really bad look for a future pastor's life if anybody finds out that she was supposed to disclose this as a flat-out commercial enterprise but didn't, seems to me. .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 15
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well that’s just icky. RFP, just get a damned job already.

Never! “Jeremy Vuolo smugly smirking from a free expensive house. The only work I do is organizing my clothes alphabetically.“

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

We are proud to partner with the world’s most influential celebrities and social media stars to drive followers directly to your brand.

Then what the hell are they doing hanging out with these two dingdong‘s? 

• LOL 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well that’s just icky. RFP, just get a damned job already.

Nah. He'd rather prove that he not only lacks empathy and has a lazy streak a mile wide but he isn't particularly interested in ethics either. 

There's the godly leader of their home and Jingle's great catch for you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Then what the hell are they doing hanging out with these two dingdong‘s? 

I think the "world’s most influential celebrities and social media stars" is a euphemism for "desperate greedy dumb-asses who have trouble influencing much of anyone." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

I really hope this is sarcasm. Because if it is, it is awesome.

But what a kind, giving, generous thing she is doing. She looks so much like Jesus! ❤️

If it's not, yikes. 

• LOL 12
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think the "world’s most influential celebrities and social media stars" is a euphemism for "desperate greedy dumb-asses who have trouble influencing much of anyone." 

I read that NYT article and didn’t recognize a single name...although somebody or another from Teen Moms really tells me all I need to know...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Can you report an Instagram post for not disclosing it is paid?

Absolutely. She's claiming it's not an ad when in essence she's repping 46 or so companies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Absolutely. She's claiming it's not an ad when in essence she's repping 46 or so companies. 

Okay I just reported it for false information. I've had mixed results with reporting stuff to Instagram in the past (not Duggar-related.) 

• Love 6

I looked through the accounts she wants people to follow and they're mostly young women and mommy bloggers.

Screenshot_20200517-191419_Instagram.thumb.jpg.671ef72e1f7323a0198535d06479f219.jpg

Way to take advantage of people during this time. If you look at the recent posts of some of those accounts, they have now been flooded with tons of comments. Of course, Jingy does not want her name mentioned. They are desperate. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

From the FTC (below)  --

I assume they and their various agencies think it's enough disclosure for  her to say that the "official details" are available at bluecheckmarketing.com......But since she absolutely does not say that she's being paid for doing this and since her video essentially states that she's doing it as an act of charity and gratitude.....seems to me they're way on the wrong side of the truth-in-advertising laws here.....

Also -- this is ostensibly all Jingle and not Jer (even though I KNOW he's the driving force....). So...way to hang your wife out to dry, holy pastor man. 

Not that they'll get caught out. The FTC doesn't have nearly enough resources to chase after all the violators. But .... not bloody ethical....

November 5, 2019 by 

Lesley Fair

Attorney, FTC Division of Consumer & Business Education

Chances are you know an influencer – a person who works with a brand to recommend or endorse a product in social media. Maybe you work at a company that uses influencers or perhaps that describes you, a friend, or a family member. Then you should read a new FTC brochure: Disclosures 101 for Social Media Influencers.

Influencers have an obligation to stay on the right side of the law. If you endorse a product or service through social media, your message should make it obvious when you have a relationship – a “material connection” – with the brand. That could be a personal, family, or employment relationship or a financial relationship – for example, if a brand pays you or gives you free or discounted products.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2019/11/new-brochure-social-media-influencers

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Of course, Jingy does not want her name mentioned. They are desperate. 

If it wasn’t so pathetic, the desperation would be entertaining.

• Love 11

If Jeremy had more ambition or charisma, I could totally see him as a Jim Jones type. But he doesn't, so he has to scavenge the bowels of Instagram to scam Mommy bloggers through his wife. Keep it classy, assholes. 

• Love 22

This is just pure sleazy grift. And I can't see how Jer himself could escape knowing that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's convinced inexperienced, naive Jingle that she's actually doing a work of charity -- but he has to see how far into the sleaze this goes, on several grounds. He's not that uneducated. 

So what I wonder is .....To us, it's clearly an act of desperation. It gains them nothing of value but a few thousand bucks that'll almost surely be here today and gone tomorrow. It does absolutely nothing to build their case as actual influencers. In fact, given the sleaziness of it, it could even harm their chances with more reputable companies.....So is Jer able to admit to himself that it is desperation?  And where the hell does he think he's going to go from here? 

• Love 9

I could see an advisor telling them to do this to gain followers but not signing off on the false info. At this rate, they're liable to be fired as clients pretty soon. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I could see an advisor telling them to do this to gain followers but not signing off on the false info. At this rate, they're liable to be fired as clients pretty soon. 

I suppose it depends on how useful they turn out to be as a font of followers who can be sold to others.

That's the one thing an agency would know they can get from them. Whether anything else works out depends on whether J&J can muster the talent and work to do it.....So that's not what the agency signed them for. If they're good at podcasts, then that's icing. But nobody at the agency is counting on it -- and they probably won't work very hard to help J&J accomplish anything like that. 

What the agency wants is the million-and-some followers. And I expect they have more ways than this particular ploy to use them for their (not Jingle's and Jer's) purposes. If the followers perform well -- and maybe if they turn out to represent the right demographics -- then J&J will stay on the roster............Otherwise, their position becomes slippery -- 

Terrifying shit to try to pin your future on, I'd say. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Nah. He'd rather prove that he not only lacks empathy and has a lazy streak a mile wide but he isn't particularly interested in ethics either. 

So basically, your typical television grifter preacher?

I lurk at a snark board for YouTube Mama Drama channels and this type of paying for followers is extremely popular on Instagram among the Mama Vloggers. I wouldn't mind $4000 cash right now, but I'm too lazy to like 40+ and comment on 3 pictures each. I've got to wash my hair tonight.

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I looked through the accounts she wants people to follow and they're mostly young women and mommy bloggers.

Screenshot_20200517-191419_Instagram.thumb.jpg.671ef72e1f7323a0198535d06479f219.jpg

Way to take advantage of people during this time. If you look at the recent posts of some of those accounts, they have now been flooded with tons of comments. Of course, Jingy does not want her name mentioned. They are desperate. 

Yet another way to try and circumvent Instagram's algorithms, shitty as they may be.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

When I first read it I thought it said Jgrifting.

That might have been a better logo/slogan for Jeremy and Jinger than the one that looks like it says "Finger Jeremy." 😉 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

I went to the pages of a few of these women and asked if they paid @jingervuolo for followers and one of them responded that she had no idea who that was.

Edit: she deleted the post. But the gifting page @jgiftingtoyou still exists.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 11

There’s a line in the movie Bull Durham that goes, “This world was made for those who are not cursed with self-awareness.” And the past 3.5 years have done nothing but prove that point, IMO.

But that’s really what “J+J’s” primary problem is: they have zero self-awareness, at least  in the context of the larger world. And for once, maybe that isn’t going to pay off all that well?

• Love 15
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Nysha said:

It doesn't help that I think vulva every time I see their last name.

I choked on a glass of milk laughing over this. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Commenting on Jeremy's response on Instagram: Nonverbal communication is KEY, which is something that sorely lacks in any social media post, text, etc. (not just by him but in general). If he had looked sad and used a sad tone while stating: "Wow, thanks for sharing," it would have come off much better than how it came off on Instagram. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Commenting on Jeremy's response on Instagram: Nonverbal communication is KEY, which is something that sorely lacks in any social media post, text, etc. (not just by him but in general). If he had looked sad and used a sad tone while stating: "Wow, thanks for sharing," it would have come off much better than how it came off on Instagram. 

I still think you need to work something along the line of "I'm very sorry to hear that" in there to not sound like a psycho. Because otherwise, even if he looked sad, the emphasis is just basically "Follower engagement--check mark!" 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Zella said:

If Jeremy had more ambition or charisma, I could totally see him as a Jim Jones type. But he doesn't, so he has to scavenge the bowels of Instagram to scam Mommy bloggers through his wife. Keep it classy, assholes. 

Nah, he'd be Joel Osteen if he could. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I'm sure there's a IG handbook somewhere. With helpful hints like, always provide a full response to sad posts. Don't engage in arguments. Answer first 10 posts, then drop off.

For influencing to work, the influencer has to give something. They have to give a connection, a dream, helpful content, etc. It's not just sitting home and posting pictures.

I can't see Jinger's post, posted above, because it disappeared. Carlin and Josie Bates seem to be trying the influencer gig too. I have no idea if they're successful. Carlin regularly posts new family stuff along with all her tagged posts and Josie is doing the hair thing.

What are the Vuolos giving? It's not helpful content, it's not a dream lifestyle and it's not connection. IG alone, could be seen as a fan club for celebrities, but influencing is more than that.

• Love 12
(edited)

Well, that didn't last long. 

Blue Check has learned that j&J's followers can't be monetized via illegal practices as easily as the followers of people whose only fame comes from blogging and influencing. 

I want to say, 'Well, why didn't she just modify her post to note that she's getting paid by a marketing company for making this request?' I.e., do what the law requires. But I guess the whole thing depends on the illusion that this person you follow is offering money to struggling people because she's generous and wonderful. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure there's a IG handbook somewhere. With helpful hints like, always provide a full response to sad posts. Don't engage in arguments. Answer first 10 posts, then drop off.

For influencing to work, the influencer has to give something. They have to give a connection, a dream, helpful content, etc. It's not just sitting home and posting pictures.

I can't see Jinger's post, posted above, because it disappeared. Carlin and Josie Bates seem to be trying the influencer gig too. I have no idea if they're successful. Carlin regularly posts new family stuff along with all her tagged posts and Josie is doing the hair thing.

What are the Vuolos giving? It's not helpful content, it's not a dream lifestyle and it's not connection. IG alone, could be seen as a fan club for celebrities, but influencing is more than that.

You are right.  The only people who can ignore their followers are the Kardashian-Jenner clan.  Everyone else has to give the illusion of connection.  Jeremy and Jinger need to have a roster of responses so they look like they care.  Their followers see these comments and replies, and then feel like someone is listening and leave their own comment.  Then the number of comments and likes increases, and maybe the number of followers as well.  Right now, people are sitting at home wanting connection.  Give it to them and they will respond.  That response will generate the money.  One person killing it on Instagram during this pandemic is the actor Leslie Jordan.  He has been posting hilarious videos throughout the pandemic.  He has over 4 million followers and his latest video has been seen by a million of them.  Getting the attention of 1/4 of your followers is some amazing stats.  It can be done if you actually have content.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

Between jgrifting and finger, J&J  are batting 1000. It doesn't help that I think vulva every time I see their last name.

You're not the only one who thinks that about the name. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

That might have been a better logo/slogan for Jeremy and Jinger than the one that looks like it says "Finger Jeremy." 😉 

hehe, that reminds me of George Carlin saying, "you can prick your finger, but DON'T finger your prick."

Jer IS a prick, fingered or not!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I want to say, 'Well, why didn't she just modify her post to note that she's getting paid by a marketing company for making this request?' I.e., do what the law requires. But I guess the whole thing depends on the illusion that this person you follow is offering money to struggling people because she's generous and wonderful. 

Do we know if Jinger took down the post or if Instagram removed it? I agree if left to her own devices, she may have just edited the post, but their social media guru may have also made them take it down. I can't even imagine trying to herd these morons through social media without snapping.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Nah, he'd be Joel Osteen if he could. 

Yeah that's true. Jim Jones, for all of his other sins, actually did help desegregate Indianapolis in the 1950s. I could never see Jeremy doing anything like that because I really don't think Jeremy can even pretend to give a flying fuck about anything except for himself. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do we know if Jinger took down the post or if Instagram removed it? I agree if left to her own devices, she may have just edited the post, but their social media guru may have also made them take it down. I can't even imagine trying to herd these morons through social media without snapping.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Yeah that's true. Jim Jones, for all of his other sins, actually did help desegregate Indianapolis in the 1950s. I could never see Jeremy doing anything like that because I really don't think Jeremy can even pretend to give a flying fuck about anything except for himself. 

Nope. So far as I know, we don't have any idea who took the post down. Could've been her, her social media manager, instagram itself......or anybody else....If it were either her or her social-media manger, though, either would have had the option to add the language that would make it legal, seems to me! They just don't want to, I expect!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Nope. So far as I know, we don't have any idea who took the post down. Could've been her, her social media manager, instagram itself......or anybody else....If it were either her or her social-media manger, though, either would have had the option to add the language that would make it legal, seems to me! They just don't want to, I expect!

I'm wondering if they feared the backlash once people noted the change in wording. The comment section was already getting a touch hostile with people saying they were surprised Jinger was doing this. Have no idea why they were surprised--they must not have been paying attention to the desperate fame whoring Jinger and Jeremy have been doing for awhile. But I could see that really escalating once Jinger tacitly admitted that she had lied. Because that's what she did. 

• Love 13