Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

I found Jeremy's reference to Drew Barrymore a bit ham-fisted and badly integrated into his post (you would think a grad student would be better at integrating other sources into their writing or would realize a comment about parenting in general rather than pandemic parenting specifically would work better), but otherwise I thought that was actually a pretty nice tribute. It's a good picture of Felicity and Jinger together too. At the very least, Felicity seems to be having a blast on that piano. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15

I thought the post was too abstract, not really personal enough or focused enough on Jinger...BUT my own father always refused to do anything for my mom on Mother’s Day because “she’s not MY mother” and right this minute my friend is “enjoying” her “present” of getting time to clean while her husband watches their kid 🙄 So I guess at least Jeremy’s trying. Relationship dynamics like that are why I’m single, though 😂

Anyway, who knows if they’re using birth control. It’s possible Jinger and/or Jeremy just aren’t all that fecund. Felicity came quite a while after the wedding, too. Regardless of whether it’s purposeful or not, though, I’m glad for all their sakes that their baby train isn’t moving too fast. Jeremy clearly adores Felicity, but he also seems like the type to hand her off to Jinger whenever it’s convenient or he might risk getting his hands dirty. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has changed <1% of the diapers, for example. But maybe I’m casting aspersions 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 15

Wtf did I just read? Both posts were kind of strange and obviously both written by Jeermey or their publicist. I'm surprised he even mentioned Drew,  where tf did he read that if he doesn't follow her? Just saw Drew's mother's day post and she says she always puts her kids first, never herself. These fundies believe it's always husbands first and kids last.

Also, seems like Jeremy's post was edited.

Screenshot_20200510-103832.thumb.jpg.95d961c58215afac45fcbb3fbb983120.jpg

• Love 10
(edited)

The Drew Barrymore reference is odd. Is Drew known for anything specific in terms of social issues and politics? The reason I ask is maybe Jeremy's trying to reshape their images by making it appear he follows someone who's liberal and socially conscious. Otherwise, I can't figure out why he'd mention her over any other celebrity.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The Drew Barrymore reference is odd. Is Drew known for anything specific in terms of social issues and politics? The reason I ask is maybe Jeremy's trying to reshape their images by making it appear he follows someone who's liberal and socially conscious. Otherwise, I can't figure out why he'd mention her over any other celebrity.

Wonder why they didn't quote this hateful bitch. They both follow her on Instagram and Jinger actually liked this post. Maybe she'll quote her on Father's Day. 

Screenshot_20200510-144955_Instagram.thumb.jpg.da8d4ec7f408884b75556b2084861cd9.jpg

• LOL 1
48 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Wonder why they didn't quote this hateful bitch. They both follow her on Instagram and Jinger actually liked this post. Maybe she'll quote her on Father's Day. 

Screenshot_20200510-144955_Instagram.thumb.jpg.da8d4ec7f408884b75556b2084861cd9.jpg

I could drop Jingle's drop your prissy husband like a bag a dirt. I wouldn't even shriek.

I'd watch my likes if I knew UTA was watching!

• LOL 4

Pretty much answers the question of whether Jinger believes the crap the men in her life spew or if she's just along for the ride. You don't like toxic posts like this unless you really agree with them.

• Love 20
(edited)

Jeremy Vuolo and Allie Stuckey on youTube -- a-chattin' and congratulating each other on, um, their shared Victorian views....

Drew Barrymore and her LBGQT advocacy? I don't think so......It's a smoke screen. 

So much for choosing a consistent influencer lane and sticking to it. Jer should change his name to "I Want to Have It BOTH Ways!!!"

But he really can't have it both ways. And he seems to be incapable of accepting that. Or maybe incapable of figuring it out. If he weren't such an arrogant little jerk I'd feel sorry for him because he's so dense. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

This would be a nicely composed pic if someone (ahem...photographer Jing) edited out that grey pipe.

I thought the Xfinity jean-jacketed baby WAS Felicity. Figured they got her a gig, since theirs weren't working out.

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200510-103832.thumb.jpg.95d961c58215afac45fcbb3fbb983120.jpg

"Good catch" is what I would say if someone caught a typo or grammar error. If someone gently pointed out I was being a dumbass--using tortured metaphors involving a sport I know nothing about, for instance--my response would be more along the lines of "Boy, my face is red! I really got that wrong, huh?" Jer, if you're reading this, that's what non-narcissists call being "self-deprecating."

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

That’s a shit ton of shrieking to be complaining about others shrieking.

(And if any of this is actually true we are so completely fucked...)

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s a shit ton of shrieking to be complaining about others shrieking.

(And if any of this is actually true we are so completely fucked...)

The Transformed Wife posts this crap almost daily. 

• Love 5

17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I pointed this out on Reddit, but Drew Barrymore is openly bisexual. So good on Jeremy for comparing his Duggar wife to a liberal queer lady?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I pointed this out on Reddit, but Drew Barrymore is openly bisexual. So good on Jeremy for comparing his Duggar wife to a liberal queer lady?

Does he know that she's bisexual? Something tells me he probably doesn't.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

Does he know that she's bisexual? Something tells me he probably doesn't.

I expect he kind of randomly picked a famous woman/mother that he knows a bunch of mainstream people like. And maybe he was subconsciously pulled to choose her because she comes from a famous family and was a child star -- in line with the newly invented "Vuolo Family" that's just signed with a big talent agency and with its third member,  the tiny breakout star. 😁

Maybe he aspires to see "Vuolo" become the prominent family name in the future that "Barrymore' has been in the past -- and that "Duggar" is in the present. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

I'm guessing Jeremy chose Drew to quote because her article was picked up by a number of online sites. I know I read it once and saw at least half a dozen headlines on various sites. Drew was very careful to acknowledge how privileged she is during this time, so Jeremy probably thought she'd be safe to quote. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Jeremy chose Drew to quote because her article was picked up by a number of online sites. I know I read it once and saw at least half a dozen headlines on various sites. Drew was very careful to acknowledge how privileged she is during this time, so Jeremy probably thought she'd be safe to quote. 

Yeah, I expect that was his "thought process." 

He chose her randomly and without any scrutiny because her stuff was being frequently quoted and was therefore easily available. Emphasis on "easily." 

Trouble with that, Jer, is that influencers and, especially, aspiring influencers have to put thought into the stuff they post. And that goes double for the ones who imagine they're going to make a living adequate to life in an expensive city doing it. 

They can't just lazily grab whatever's most readily available without considering potential ramifications and how it's likely to be received by the particular audience they're aiming at.....(Pro tip: They need to have some idea who that particular audience is, too.)

Jer's somebody who badly wants -- but doesn't yet have, whatever he may think -- an "influencer career." And so far he's finding it an uphill climb, littered with red flags like repeatedly losing gigs.... But a person in that position who's too lazy and thoughtless to start scrutinizing everything they post with a specific audience in mind will never succeed at this, absent a complete personality and character transplant. 

And Jingle is too far behind the curve in sophistication and knowledge of the world -- as well as too much in thrall to Jer the godly husband and leader of her home -- to push them to be smarter either, I imagine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Was gonna post that with all the gaffes he can cram into one post, Jeremy shouldn't quit his day job to take up influencing. But he'd have to have a day job for the quip to work. 😉

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I expect that was his "thought process." 

He chose her randomly and without any scrutiny because her stuff was being frequently quoted and was therefore easily available. Emphasis on "easily." 

Trouble with that, Jer, is that influencers and, especially, aspiring influencers have to put thought into the stuff they post. And that goes double for the ones who imagine they're going to make a living adequate to life in an expensive city doing it. 

They can't just lazily grab whatever's most readily available without considering potential ramifications and how it's likely to be received by the particular audience they're aiming at.....(Pro tip: They need to have some idea who that particular audience is, too.)

Jer's somebody who badly wants -- but doesn't yet have, whatever he may think -- an "influencer career." And so far he's finding it an uphill climb, littered with red flags like repeatedly losing gigs.... But a person in that position who's too lazy and thoughtless to start scrutinizing everything they post with a specific audience in mind will never succeed at this, absent a complete personality and character transplant. 

And Jingle is too far behind the curve in sophistication and knowledge of the world -- as well as too much in thrall to Jer the godly husband and leader of her home -- to push them to be smarter either, I imagine. 

I agree about the laziness of Jeremy, and Jinger, and all of the Duggarlings when it comes to attempting influencing.  I think it comes down to how easily they got followers.  All they had to do was create an account and bam they have hundreds of thousands of followers.  Or, Jeremy marries Jinger and her followers start to follow him.  They did not do anything to get these followers.  They don't know how to create content, plan out their posts, etc like others because they never worked to get those numbers.  He has never considered which version of "Jeremy" he wants to promote on his social media.  Because, no one who wants to make money off of their social media is their authentic self on there.  You craft a marketable version of yourself and all of your posts support it.  This is something that the Kardashians and Jenners understood back when Twitter was in its infancy and they have exploited it for years.  Decades from now, social historians will look back on the Kardashian/Jenner women and marvel at the way they understood their target audience and gave them exactly what they didn't know they needed.  

They also do not understand the next step of monetizing their social media--engagement.  I took a look, and Jeremy has over 600,000 followers, but only around 40,000 of those liked his post.  Even then less than 300 of those 40,000 felt the need to comment.  I do realize that Instagram allows Jeremy to delete comments, but deleting hurts his numbers.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree about the laziness of Jeremy, and Jinger, and all of the Duggarlings when it comes to attempting influencing.  I think it comes down to how easily they got followers.  All they had to do was create an account and bam they have hundreds of thousands of followers.  Or, Jeremy marries Jinger and her followers start to follow him.  They did not do anything to get these followers.  They don't know how to create content, plan out their posts, etc like others because they never worked to get those numbers.  He has never considered which version of "Jeremy" he wants to promote on his social media.  Because, no one who wants to make money off of their social media is their authentic self on there.  You craft a marketable version of yourself and all of your posts support it.  This is something that the Kardashians and Jenners understood back when Twitter was in its infancy and they have exploited it for years.  Decades from now, social historians will look back on the Kardashian/Jenner women and marvel at the way they understood their target audience and gave them exactly what they didn't know they needed.  

They also do not understand the next step of monetizing their social media--engagement.  I took a look, and Jeremy has over 600,000 followers, but only around 40,000 of those liked his post.  Even then less than 300 of those 40,000 felt the need to comment.  I do realize that Instagram allows Jeremy to delete comments, but deleting hurts his numbers.  

Yeah, I think you're exactly right about this. Born (or "married") on third base, thinks he hit a triple. So why would he need to work at batting, anyway? 

And, as you say, same with the rest of the crew. After all, Jessa designated herself an "author" in her online profiles after the book written by David Waller and the prominent ghost writer came out and sold a fair number of copies with her and her sisters' names on the cover. So that should mean she'll be automatically great at writing hot social-media posts and creating fascinating videos, right? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That was the most offensive thing to me about his word salad about Mother's Day. The arrogance you'd have to have to watch an Olympic gymnast (or any other Olympian for that matter) compete and think, "I could do that." Like no, there's no way I could even stand on the balance beam with the confidence that Simone Biles does, much less her routine, you jackass.

I mean, I get the metaphor he's going for, but even then, I'm not a mom (for a good reason) and I don't think I could do it better than other moms. That's just a fact.

Oh agreed 100%. I haven't watch the Olympics in years, but I've never once watched an Olympic sport and thought, "Out of my way, Olympians! I could get off my fat ass and do what you've trained for years to do." And for that matter, I've never once watched ballet and thought, "Yep. I could do that." 

I think as with most Duggar and Duggar-adjacent inept social media posts, they are seizing on something they think makes them relatable, but they are so tone deaf that they miss how unrelatable it makes them seem. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That was the most offensive thing to me about his word salad about Mother's Day. The arrogance you'd have to have to watch an Olympic gymnast (or any other Olympian for that matter) compete and think, "I could do that." Like no, there's no way I could even stand on the balance beam with the confidence that Simone Biles does, much less her routine, you jackass.

I mean, I get the metaphor he's going for, but even then, I'm not a mom (for a good reason) and I don't think I could do it better than other moms. That's just a fact.

I wonder if this amounts to a possibly inadvertent admission by Jer that when he looks at anyone doing anything, no matter how difficult or distant from his wheelhouse, his thought is always "I could do that!" ....

This would explain quite a bit. Mainly that, yeah, he really is that clueless and that impressed with himself.

And it would explain specifics, too --Like, for example, how he can possibly have made recordings of all those super-lame sermons he's delivered....and still present himself as somebody fully qualified to give sermons for a living -- And probably at some snobby venue that pays a big salary -- without having to exert himself much doing seminary homework. 

Unfortunately (not for Jeremy, but for the rest of us), much of the world seems to be very easily impressed by unwarranted confidence. Maybe that's because people with unwarranted confidence often seem so very confident?  Anyway, I think his unwarranted confidence has already been frequently rewarded, so I suppose he's likely to get hired and promoted beyond his actual deserts for a lifetime.

Don't think it'll be happening in the influencer realm, though. There you're generally expected to produce numerical results after a while.....and people will buy or not buy based on the image and words you present on the page, not by how puffed up and sure of yourself you are in a job interview. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if this amounts to a possibly inadvertent admission by Jer that when he looks at anyone doing anything, no matter how difficult or distant from his wheelhouse, his thought is always "I could do that!" ....

This would explain quite a bit. Mainly that, yeah, he really is that clueless and that impressed with himself.

I think you're onto something! And I don't think there's anybody in his life who can or will tell him, "Um, no, dude. Just no." Though to be fair to the people around him, I'm not sure he would listen if there was someone there who was willing to be honest with him. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Over-estimation of one's talents and abilities is typical of narcissists, as is the practice of diminishing and discrediting others' hard work and accomplishments. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Unfortunately (not for Jeremy, but for the rest of us), much of the world seems to be very easily impressed by unwarranted confidence. Maybe that's because people with unwarranted confidence often seem so very confident?  Anyway, I think his unwarranted confidence has already been frequently rewarded, so I suppose he's likely to get hired and promoted beyond his actual deserts for a lifetime.

In the field of social psychology, what you are describing fits the peripheral route of persuasion, which reflects being persuaded by someone's message based on his perceived level of expertise, his looks, charm, etc., rather than the actual content of the message. Whereas the central route of persuasion involves being persuaded by the content of the message itself. Unfortunately, it's entirely plausible that Jermy may be rewarded based on those peripheral factors rather than the actual substance of his message. 

22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The irony is, Jeremy should have an idea of practicing over time to become really good at something based on his history as a soccer player. No, he was no Pele, but he did well enough to play professionally.

• Love 13

I don't know. Every four years my friends and I would put on our skates with renewed goals and high hopes. Not hopes and dreams of becoming an olympian, but dreams of skating better. It didn't take but two seconds of being on the ice, to fall in fits of laughter, to realize not falling should remain our primary goal, but for a few days we had dreams of spinning and jumping.

We quickly adjusted our expectations, as well as being in more awe of what olympic skaters can achieve.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not hopes and dreams of becoming an olympian, but dreams of skating better. It didn't take but two seconds of being on the ice, to fall in fits of laughter, to realize not falling should remain our primary goal, but for a few days we had dreams of spinning and jumping.

To me, there's a difference between someone seeing an Olympic-level figure skater do awesome spins and jumps and being inspired to want to emulate them doing a cool thing and seeing them at work and being like "Well, of course glorious me can do that too." What you and your friends did sound like the first category. Jeremy decidedly sounds in the latter category. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

The irony is, Jeremy should have an idea of practicing over time to become really good at something based on his history as a soccer player. No, he was no Pele, but he did well enough to play professionally.

I think Jeremy does have that idea and doesn't want to do that. He saw an opportunity/shortcuts he thought would make everything easy.

Marry a Duggar, with some sort of fame, lots of followers.

Get in with Macarthur/move to L.A. get a free house

Have a cute baby,

sign with a talent agency as a family and never do any real work

• Love 14

Okay, I have exactly zero athletic ability (I still kick ass on the dance floor, though...just sayin’), so is it possible that during his soccer “career” he had coaches telling him exactly what to do so that no independent thinking was required?

I just wonder why he seems to have zero understanding of how to look at a goal, career-wise, and then evaluate the huge gap between his own abilities and that goal and then figure out steps to get there.

Why he lacks this basic ability is another question altogether...

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I have exactly zero athletic ability (I still kick ass on the dance floor, though...just sayin’), so is it possible that during his soccer “career” he had coaches telling him exactly what to do so that no independent thinking was required?

I just wonder why he seems to have zero understanding of how to look at a goal, career-wise, and then evaluate the huge gap between his own abilities and that goal and then figure out steps to get there.

Ewwww. This sounds like work. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So, not saying #AllAthletes, but when I was a teaching assistant at the U of A, I saw a lot of athletes who got away with a lot of shit academically. And I don't mean football players and basketball players who you kind of expect to be coddled because they're moneymakers. I'm also talking track--which, admittedly, is a big deal there--and also soccer, among other sports.

If they were doing poorly in class, I'd get emails from their coaches or someone affiliated with the team. And it was all framed around, "How do I get Lazy Loser Athlete to do better in your class?" And honestly the idea the little pricks had someone running interference for them when they couldn't be bothered to turn shit in really bothered me, so I sent back really nasty sarcastic emails that said, "How about he turns shit in?" They stopped emailing me. 🙂 The athletic teams even had their own tutors. Actually, many of the tutors were from the English department TAs because you could make extra money that way.

Now, that is not to say every athlete I had in class was like that. I had a lot of student-athletes who were good kids who were either good writers and good students or who tried really hard even if college comp wasn't their thing, did their assignments, and were responsible--including in those same sports where some of them were absolute assholes--despite balancing a pretty heavy load of full load of classes plus practices and games and travel, so I learned never to assume anything based on a student being athlete. (I did notice though that the girls tended to be more responsible than the guys, though that was true of the general student population too.)

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if Jeremy (despite not being a top-notch player) was successful enough that he basically had everyone managing his life for him, even as far back as high school and college, until he left professional sports. It also wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go farther professionally, not because of a lack of talent but because he his coaches considered him sort of lazy. You always hear about those athletes who are the first one in and the last ones out at practice? I seriously doubt that was ever Jeremy. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 14
(edited)

Guess their manager realized these two don't come off well in videos so they've moved their Q&A to Instagram stories. These two are so boring an dull they can't even come up with their own content. This is the question I sent.

Screenshot_20200511-181025_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d99bebabe6b49d71dc45b276dcd6152b.jpgScreenshot_20200511-181000_Instagram.thumb.jpg.860ae274375e37220975dacaeaacbd48.jpgScreenshot_20200511-180956_Instagram.thumb.jpg.50ed182d63afea8613e3d5effbac29b1.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I think Jeremy is doing exactly what MacArthur & Company wants him to do, and he's on the path to get where he wants to go.  Wherever that is.  There's nothing either one of the Vuolos do or say that's contrary to that.  No career angst, unlike Deertick and his revolving "callings". 

As for gaps between Jer's abilities and his goals, I haven't actually seen what his goals ultimately are, though I may have missed that somewhere.  Thus, I don't see the gaps.  

I don't know or care where their money comes from, but they seem to have sufficient.  I don't know or care about their contract with TLC, but they seem secure.  I don't know or care about their next home, but they don't seem concerned.  They eat well, dress well, socialize with a diverse group of friends, have a adorable happy toddler and appear very devoted to each other. 

Nope, don't see any worry, discontent or confusion.  YMMV

• Love 1
On 5/10/2020 at 4:33 PM, BitterApple said:

The only two things I remember her for are terrible post partum after the birth of her first daughter and being People Magazine most beautiful one year!

Personally I never cared for her.

• Useful 1
On 5/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, questionfear said:

Lol that's as good as Jeremy thinking ballet is an Olympic sport!  Lol

• LOL 6