Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I thought the same thing, it looks like she bit into it like an apple.  I don't think orange peels are meant to be consumed, Jeremy, you idiot.

You can eat orange peels. When I was a little older than Felicity, I used to love eating orange slices with the peels. My dad would wash the orange well, slice it up and split it with me, and I'd eat my portion peels and all. I still love citrus peels. Sometimes if I have extra oranges around, I'll slice them with peels in rounds and dehydrate them. Dehydrated orange peel is extra delicious. And yes, I'm a weirdo. I will also eat lemon and lime slices straight up. At least I won't get scurvy...

It's still weird as hell to eat an orange like an apple though. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
On 5/14/2020 at 7:32 PM, leighdear said:

My son's favorite food from the age of about 6 was Alaskan King Crab legs.  Made the mistake of introducing him to them at a Red Lobster and was on the hook until he went to college.  Thankfully he can afford them himself these days.  Never thought of a kid being pretentious for liking seafood, 

But let’s remember, the Duggars we’re living in poverty for the majority of Jinger’s childhood.  They survived on cream of crap soup, tater tot casserole, and charity love offerings.  The closest they probably ever got to shrimp cocktail was a generic box of breaded fish sticks. 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, GeeGolly said:

OMG. His response is horrible.

I think we give Babe too much credit by assuming he even read it. He glanced, didn’t see his or Jinger’s name, then gave a generic response, which happened to be inappropriate. He truly does not care.  I pity the person who posted and assumed that Babe gave two shits. 

15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The no faces creeps me out. Where is his pocket square and a sweet friend taking pictures of them strolling aimlessly? Also neither is holding a beverage!

Even with no faces, you can still tell that Jinger is gazing up adoringly, while Babe is pontificating on some subject that Jinger will have no idea that he may be pulling out of his ass, while he gestures self-importantly. 

• Love 23
(edited)
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

But let’s remember, the Duggars we’re living in poverty for the majority of Jinger’s childhood.  They survived on cream of crap soup, tater tot casserole, and charity love offerings.  The closest they probably ever got to shrimp cocktail was a generic box of breaded fish sticks. 

It was Jeremy's childhood favorite food, not Jinger's though. He seems to come from a fairly well-off middle-class background, so I don't doubt that he ate shrimp cocktail and seafood somewhat routinely as a child. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Zella said:

It was Jeremy's childhood favorite food, not Jinger's though. He seems to come from a fairly well-off middle-class background, so I don't doubt that he ate shrimp cocktail and seafood somewhat routinely as a child. 

Ah, I missed that part. I’m sure he wiped his mouth with a silk napkin. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I’m sure he wiped his mouth with a silk napkin. 

That made me laugh hard because I can totally see it! Maybe this is where he got the fixation on pocket squares from? LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

These two are getting to into Jill and Derick territory for me. Every time I'm here they're one of the most talked about couples and yet it's never anything positive, uplifting, or even exciting. It's boring, petty, mundane, attention-seeking bs. I'm tired of both of these couples. I wish they would both quit public life as celebrities and become ordinary people. I know that's not going to happen. I think people follow the Duggars to see Christian extremists and these people aren't extreme enough. 

At this point, the best thing for their careers as public figures would be to announce a pregnancy.  Jinger won't have the most kids, but the Duggar/Bates fans love pregnancies so the leghumpers will be happy. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

These two are getting to into Jill and Derick territory for me. Every time I'm here they're one of the most talked about couples and yet it's never anything positive, uplifting, or even exciting. It's boring, petty, mundane, attention-seeking bs. I'm tired of both of these couples. I wish they would both quit public life as celebrities and become ordinary people. I know that's not going to happen. I think people follow the Duggars to see Christian extremists and these people aren't extreme enough. 

At this point, the best thing for their careers as public figures would be to announce a pregnancy.  Jinger won't have the most kids, but the Duggar/Bates fans love pregnancies so the leghumpers will be happy. 

To be fair, there is never anything positive, uplifting, or exciting in ANY of these people’s lives. Not one.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

When I was growing up my mom would by shrimp cocktail in a glass at the grocery store. Maybe that's Jeremy's favorite. 😂

image.png.c273c1668cd760352f3f0c65b82fa707.png

I ADORED shrimp cocktail as a kid and we had the juice glasses to prove it! Sadly, this was a treat we got once a year on New Years Eve, but I also remember fried shrimp being a favorite on the rare occasions we ate out. Now I wouldn’t touch fried shrimp with a ten-foot pole - breading is evil - but those were simpler times. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

Folks in coastal Maine tend to eat a lot more lobster than those in the midwest.  I don't think that means they're pretentious or snotty about it.  I imagine Alaskans eat a lot of King crab, and folks from the Pacific Northwest eat a lot of Salmon.  Geography is key. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

The question was answered by Jeremy, not Jinger.  I don't believe he & his family existed on handouts, like the Duggars did.  

Jeremy's family wasn't living in poverty, and the shrimp cocktail answer was his, not Jingers. 

Yes, thank you. I was corrected above as well. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Folks in Maine tend to eat a lot of lobster.  I don't think that means they're pretentious or snotty about it.  

Proximity to lobster would be my reason to move to Maine. I don’t think I would ever tire of it. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Proximity to lobster would be my reason to move to Maine. I don’t think I would ever tire of it. 

Ahem. Before we moved to the Maine coast and lived there for 14 years, I loved lobster. In Maine we could buy it off the docks for $2 a pound.

But after a few years of driving behind bait trucks and smelling what lobsters like to eat, (old herring, mostly...very VERY odiferous)...the thrill was gone. I don’t think I ate it the last five years we lived there!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ahem. Before we moved to the Maine coast and lived there for 14 years, I loved lobster. In Maine we could buy it off the docks for $2 a pound.

But after a few years of driving behind bait trucks and smelling what lobsters like to eat, (old herring, mostly...very VERY odiferous)...the thrill was gone. I don’t think I ate it the last five years we lived there!

I’d be willing to attempt to get sick of lobster. For science. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

They've heard our criticisms.   "Jinger and Jeremy don't actually do anything. All they do is shop and eat. Jeremy's in seminary/graduate school, and he never studies. ..."

This what we used to call the F-U internets, where the Duggars do something to prove their haters wrong. Usually Michelle hanging out with one of her kids, who isn't Jessa, Josie, etc. 

• Love 18

Many schools have already begun their summer sessions, especially private ones that don't follow the traditional University schedules.   

I had a Summer Term I class begin on the 11th, for a program I'm in at my local U.   

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

can you hear Jinger using the term "delightfully quick" in real life?

this is so staged - there is no food in the hidden pan, no utensils near the stove, no ingredients etc

and Jer just now, months into stay home/stay safe in L.A. acknowledges online classes when semester is over in most schools?

Unless he's decided to attend the summer session, the semester's over at The Master's Seminary, too. The last day of finals was May 8. 

Now he may have decided to go to the summer session, of course. It started on May 11. It'd be a little surprising if he were that industrious, I think. To immediately start more classes with only a two-day break. But if he is doing that, he would have had some strong evidence of a work ethic to brag about....so I'm surprised we didn't hear about it, if it's true. 😄

According to the academic handbook, for his program about the only thing you can usually take in summer is Greek.....Seems possible that he dropped that Beginning Greek course he started last fall to make his schedule easier and he's starting it over again now or is taking the second semester of Greek now to clear his fall schedule a bit.....Maybe they arrange the schedule to make that possible because many people find it much easier to take the Greek courses on their own to be able to concentrate more on all the memorization and such. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Folks in coastal Maine tend to eat a lot more lobster than those in the midwest.

There is a farm on the Kennebec that has been in the same family since before 1776. Back then the laborers were promised that they wouldn't be served salmon more than three times a week.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s a $75,000 kitchen, and I may be underestimating since I can’t see the flooring.

WTAF? How long does this mega-grift continue? JillRod must be hysterical with envy and admiration...

She is! but she also is marrying into the Duggar family (sort of). Anna Duggar is going to be in laws with her 🤣🤣🤣.

• Love 3

Family favorites? I hope she is not referring to the Duggars. Their idea of Italian comes in a can, and 5 stars is Olive Garden. Not buying it.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Family favorites? I hope she is not referring to the Duggars. Their idea of Italian comes in a can, and 5 stars is Olive Garden. Not buying it.

Hopefully Grandma Vuolo's recipes. She seemed to put out a good spread. 

But. Does Jinger actually eat pasta?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Remember the first time Jeremy came to dinner at TTH?  They were so proud of serving him Italian food.  It was a tin foil pan of frozen lasagna served on paper plates and plastic forks.  Josie ate with her fingers and Jessa reprimanded her, since obviously Michelle didn't care.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're definitely trying to cultivate a more friendly tone. 

Not a shred of food visible. You haven't been cooking, Jingle. You might be wearing yoru baking sleeves, though. I can't really tell.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s a $75,000 kitchen, and I may be underestimating since I can’t see the flooring.

WTAF? How long does this mega-grift continue? JillRod must be hysterical with envy and admiration...

Well, Jer's other talents may be kinda meh, but he's a helluva little grifter. JB might even want to take some lessons. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Not a shred of food visible. You haven't been cooking, Jingle. You might be wearing yoru baking sleeves, though. I can't really tell.

Her baking sleeves are part of the dark green top with the lacy insets. I kind of hate myself for knowing that. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

this is so staged - there is no food in the hidden pan, no utensils near the stove, no ingredients etc

Hey, she's got her hair pulled back. So, FU internet.

6 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

You never make delightfully quick genuine Italian pasta dishes wearing all light colors and a long sleeved shirt?

.....a long sleeved shirt which I would like to own. Love the buttons on the back.

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

...a $75,000 kitchen which I would like to own.

• Love 8

Ugh what are those captions? Fake, so fake. And why? It’s not like the Vuolos are even trying to pretend they’re doing cool stuff. I can believe they actually do eat pasta for dinner and study sometimes, those are ordinary activities. So what’s with the creepy charade, as though they have to fake boiling pasta or w/e “for the fans.” If you’re cooking spaghetti carbonara lately, Jinger, just say that and take a picture one of the nights you make it. Jeez Louise.

Why are they the most awkwardly pretentious people on the planet?

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

She’s probably making eggs like her mama, (that’s the only thing they would show Michelle making anyway) or that one time she made the kids noodles and said it was a good source of protein 🙄

• LOL 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's a nice house, but a rental.

A real "grifter" would convince these people to give it to them. 

Maybe he already did but he's keeping it on the downlow till he graduates....

I'm pretty sure his fellow divinity students are pissed that he's getting free rent. If they found out he'd scored an actual free house, he might get beaten to a pulp in a narthex or an out-of-the-way side chapel by a mob of angry Calvinist pastors-to-be. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

It’s in pristine condition, never used! 

Jana can stop by, rip out some cabinets and paint the rest white. It'll look used then.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jana can stop by, rip out some cabinets and paint the rest white. It'll look used then.

Yeah, and then Jana and Jingle can spend some camera time pretending they know and like each other! The visit would be a twofer.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How to make a $75,000 kitchen look like a $75 kitchen would probably get them a lot of YouTube hits.

17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, and then Jana and Jingle can spend some camera time pretending they know and like each other! The visit would be a twofer.

“Which one are you again? Oh yeah, let me review your file”

Jingle only seems to have family over now so she can feel superior to them. Not that I really blame her. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jingle only seems to have family over now so she can feel superior to them. Not that I really blame her. 

The great irony--not that I think Jinger would ever see it--being that she and Jeremy are no better than her family. Sure, they're upscale now, but they are still just self-absorbed famewhore grifters like her parents. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Does Jinger routinely stare at him adoringly as he does his "schoolwork"

Watch for Jill to do a copycat pose, watching Derek do his law school studying.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I love that kitchen, though, I prefer a white one for myself, but, I did laugh when I read that caption.  The FIRST thing I do when I go near RED sauce is take off any white clothing.  lol  For ME, I can't get near it in white, without getting  a spec on my clothes.  Maybe, she was preparing white sauces, but,  it didn't sound that way.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Watch for Jill to do a copycat pose, watching Derek do his law school studying.

And then a couple months after that Jessa will do one......Except Bin will be studying...uh....what now? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12