Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Short answer:  resurrection glory.

Long answer: 

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into A LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance THAT CAN NEVER PERISH, SPOIL OR FADE. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1:3-5)

• Useful 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

"Imperishable Hope"--Jeremy's influencer motto

No matter how many times he gets fired and how bad he sucks, he keeps being thirsty. 😉 

Yep, never once thinks maybe their signs from God. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

and those words are a major eye trap!

Yeah, nothing like plastering a motto in hard-to-decipher script right across your boobs to divert attention away from your boobs.....Heh......Guess Jingle wasn't paying as much attention as she ought during that ultra-important Wisdom Book lesson. Nike! 

Good for you, Jingle. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Did neither of them notice how that photo lovingly highlights the zits on her chin?

I think that's asking a lot for Jeremy to notice someone other than himself. 😉

For real, though, for people who seem to spend most of their lives taking overly posed pictures of themselves, they are not very good at it. They couldn't have just taken another snapshot of her? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Also, she's missing a word: "Let’s play a little game😉 Here are 6 facts that you might know about me from following on the gram!"

I think she means might NOT know about me from following the gram. Because if we know them from following her instagram, then why post them again?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Also, she's missing a word: "Let’s play a little game😉 Here are 6 facts that you might know about me from following on the gram!"

I think she means might NOT know about me from following the gram. Because if we know them from following her instagram, then why post them again?

Actually, I was wondering about the choice of facts for both of them. Maybe I already know Jinger is a lefty because I'm a lefty and we tend to notice that about other people (my brother is also left-handed and anytime we're watching anything together, we actually both shout "Lefty!" if we spot one of the actors doing something left-handed 🤣), but I thought the fact she was the only sinister-handed one in the Duggar family was already established. She even admits that people already know the puzzle one, and last year she had a video of her playing the harp. In a game where you're supposed to reveal unknown trivia, she can't even come up with anything new? That's actually really sad and just makes it seem like she has no personality whatsoever. 

As for Jeremy, is it really that big of a stretch for a guy from the Philly area to be a sports fan of Philly teams? LOL 

• Love 14

I'm surprised that Jim Bob and Michelle didn't force Jinger to learn to use her right hand when she was little. Given their ignorant and punitive approach to child-rearing, beating the left-handedness out of a kid to make her "normal" seems like the kind of thing they would fixate on.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm surprised that Jim Bob and Michelle didn't force Jinger to learn to use her right hand when she was little. Given their ignorant and punitive approach to child-rearing, beating the left-handedness out of a kid to make her "normal" seems like the kind of thing they would fixate on.

I'm surprised too. However, they may have tried and given up. My mother was not a fan of the left-handedness and tried to force me and my brother to both be righties in the 90s, and she didn't even have the excuse of being a fundie. My brother resisted pretty mightily. It worked better on me for whatever reason, though he is more naturally ambidextrous. Though I do most things left-handed, I actually do write right-handed, and my penmanship is fucking awful as a result. No joke, but I have been banned from handwriting memos at multiple jobs. I can't even hold a pen right right-handed (I do the lefty crab claw thing and smear ink horribly. I actually do hold a pen correctly left-handed, but it takes me forever to write anything.) 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm surprised too. However, they may have tried and given up. My mother was not a fan of the left-handedness and tried to force me and my brother to both be righties in the 90s, and she didn't even have the excuse of being a fundie. My brother resisted pretty mightily. It worked better on me for whatever reason, though he is more naturally ambidextrous. Though I do most things left-handed, I actually do write right-handed, and my penmanship is fucking awful as a result. I can't even hold a pen right right-handed (I do the lefty crab claw thing and smear ink horribly. I actually do hold a pen correctly left-handed, but it takes me forever to write anything.) 

@Zella, that’s really interesting. Oddly enough, I’m a righty but despite years of teachers telling me my technique was wrong, I do the crabby claw grip with my right hand as well!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

@Zella, that’s really interesting. Oddly enough, I’m a righty but despite years of teachers telling me my technique was wrong, I do the crabby claw grip with my right hand as well!

Oh how interesting! I've never noticed another me before in the wild, but I always get comments (and sometimes stares) from people when I write. LOL

9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

maybe they never noticed

That seems like the most likely explanation with these people!

• Love 6

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on Jeremy being a Philly sports fan.  No way any Phillies fan would ever be caught dead in Dodgers apparel.  Philly fans may (and I really mean may here) give him a pass for supporting an AL team like the Angels,  but the Dodgers are in the same league as the Phillies.  What a poseur.

I honestly think Philly fans are worse than us Cleveland fans.  We may have caused a ruckus in the Dog Pound, but we never had to have a magistrate and jail in our stadium. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

My son's favorite food from the age of about 6 was Alaskan King Crab legs.  Made the mistake of introducing him to them at a Red Lobster and was on the hook until he went to college.  Thankfully he can afford them himself these days.  Never thought of a kid being pretentious for liking seafood, 

• Love 14

Yeah, my brother's favorite food as a kid was grilled swordfish. My mom could have killed my dad for introducing him to that, so I won't call Jeremy pretentious for liking seafood. I will call him a pretentious ass for everything else though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

I have to say really liked shrimp cocktail as a kid, too. We had it for Christmas dinner every couple years or so......And I was always quite bummed in the years that we didn't.....Wouldn't say it was my absolute favorite food, but that might have been because I hardly ever got to eat it....

I have a hard time dealing with his favorite Old Testament verse, though, which is the beginning of Isaiah's account of how he was called to be a prophet.  

Does Jer see himself as Isaiah?!! Somebody who's actually seen God in a vision like this? I guess in the end of this passage Isaiah says that, like everybody else, he's unworthy, so I suppose that softens it somewhat? 

Nevertheless, the whole thing is about him having a real vision in which God talks to him personally and is about to make him one of the precursors of Christ and somebody charged with telling the whole damn world what the deal is with God himself, basically...Wow.......

I suppose there are other preacher types out there besides Jeremy who somehow see themselves in this verse. I've never run into any that I know of, though, so I'm pretty taken aback that he just casually mentions it like this....I suppose it must be something that preachers he knows routinely say --

But as somebody who doesn't come from that kind of milieu, naming this as your favorite verse when you say you aspire to be a preacher seems kind of breathtaking. Taking arrogance to a whole new level..... And he's so offhand about it. Mentions it in the same breath as saying he's a Phillies fan....Don't know what to make of this, really. 

'6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

'“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”

'4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

'5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”'

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Is left-handedness regarded as a sin in the Bible?

16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

The only instances in the Bible that I remember of people being left-handed, they're badass warriors. 🙂 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Isaiah sees God and his posse, God tells him he’s His guy...and his response is “woe is me”?

There is no pleasing some people...🙂

P.S. Although the part where he’s bewailing having to live surrounded by unclean lip people does have a RFP air of loftiness about it, so...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So Isaiah sees God and his posse, God tells him he’s His guy...and his response is “woe is me”?

There is no pleasing some people...🙂

P.S. Although the part where he’s bewailing having to live surrounded by unclean lip people does have a RFP air of loftiness about it, so...

Actually, I think Isaiah's having more of a Wayne's World "We're not worthy" moment than an "I'm better than you" thing, so it's hard for me to see how RFP relates to that since he clearly seems to have a rather high opinion of himself. Unless RFP really does think he is very humble, and that would be so astonishingly clueless that I could actually see JereMe thinking that about himself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jer and Jing are trying to change the flavor of the responses to their posts. The responses usually turn into - they're are great/no they suck, arguments.

Exactly. Plus, I think they're also trying to be more like the audience that's the best fit for them -- people who are into conservative Protestantism while also wanting to be upscale LA types to some degree......

My bet is that their new agent must be giving them some advice because they need to appeal to one suitable audience and those "great/suck" comments aren't good....

Not clear that it'll work out, even with the advice, because as influencers they'll still need to be good at implementing the advice on their own. 

But I do think they're trying to go in a sensible direction at the moment. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. Plus, I think they're also trying to be more like the audience that's the best fit for them -- people who are into conservative Protestantism while also wanting to be upscale LA types to some degree......

My bet is that their new agent must be giving them some advice because they need to appeal to one suitable audience and those "great/suck" comments aren't good....

Not clear that it'll work out, even with the advice, because as influencers they'll still need to be good at implementing the advice on their own. 

But I think they're going in a sensible direction at the moment. 

Those posts scream--someone told me I need to work on engaging my followers.  It's all about engagement which is something they need to work on.  I was curious and took a peek.  Jinger could not be bothered to respond to the comments.  Way to half-ass it there Jing.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Those posts scream--someone told me I need to work on engaging my followers.  It's all about engagement which is something they need to work on.  I was curious and took a peek.  Jinger could not be bothered to respond to the comments.  Way to half-ass it there Jing.  

I'm afraid Jer sold her on his (apparent) idea that being a top influencer is easy money and fame. All you need to do is get pics taken of you looking cute! 

Not hardly. 

It's always possible to learn, though.....We all start out doing new things awkwardly.....Can't say they look to have learned much from their string of previous attempts, although even taking some reasonable advice could be kind of a baby step in the right direction......Maybe if they had to pay a Los Angeles-level rent, it'd motivate them more strongly. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I can't find anything religious about it, it seems to be mostly a societal issue. My grandma, my mom and myself were all lefthanded,  but I am the only one who was allowed to remain one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm afraid Jer sold her on his (apparent) idea that being a top influencer is easy money and fame. All you need to do is get pics taken of you looking cute!

well that would have been an easy sell to Jinger.

she is old enough to remember the pre TLC days and how the Duggar family was enriched by basically being their same lazy and boring selves, doing lazy and boring things, but doing them on a tv show.

surely she would buy into that would work for her and Jer in L.A. as influencers, after putting out there they are the "breakout stars" of counting on.

that is her experience, be boring, get a house, get to travel, get to be on TV, never work, etc

• Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

well that would have been an easy sell to Jinger.

she is old enough to remember the pre TLC days and how the Duggar family was enriched by basically being their same lazy and boring selves, doing lazy and boring things, but doing them on a tv show.

surely she would buy into that would work for her and Jer in L.A. as influencers, after putting out there they are the "breakout stars" of counting on.

that is her experience, be boring, get a house, get to travel, get to be on TV, never work, etc

Good point.  The Jingle Apple may have moved to California but she still didn't fall far from the mindset tree. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Surely Jeremy the Great has a smart phone with all the apps ! I doubt Jinger ale is looking through his phone daily either.

Has Jeremy ever acknowledged that his claims about restricting his phone usage appear to be . . . no longer true? I don't think they ever were true, but I'd be willing to play along if he admitted he was no longer as strict about his phone usage as he once claimed to be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I'm sorry to all the left-handers who had to go through that crap. It is such crap. Its a freaking hand. It doesn't mean anything. My mom was a lefty and her teacher tried to pull that crap on her but her parents' who were both lefties so weren't having it. They went to the school and went off on her and when she tried to insist they went to the principal all fired up and wouldn't back down until she dropped it. Which she did. She barely spoke to Mom the rest of the school year. Mom ended up doing the same thing for me when my first grade teacher didn't want to pass me because she thought I was too short for the second grade. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It's not in the Bible, but, dating back to the Middle Ages, left-handedness was thought to be a mark of the Devil. The word "sinister" comes from the Latin word for "left". I wouldn't be surprised if this belief is still alive among the more whacked-out Fundies.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, the devil. Two of my older siblings went to school in the 60s, both lefties. Do mainstream schools try to change that anymore?

Not that I'm aware. The interference on me and my brother both came at home and not in public schools. 

• Love 3

How the heck did Jinjer learn to ride a unicycle in a long denim skirt?  Unless she learned after she got married and started wearing pants, but how can one modestly hop up on a unicycle and then ride it safely in those skirts they wore?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9