Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

There are different degrees of fundie. I feel like Jill/Derick and Jer/Jinger are already doing "fundie lite." Of the younger generation I feel like Jessa, Joy, and Josh/Anna are all-in on maintaining the more pure fundie-ism. IDK about Joe/Kendra, JD/Abbie, or Josiah/Lauren. They're actually all to me little kids who don;t know what they want yet. 

Jeremy's not young anymore. I feel like his lifestyle and preferences are really set and he doesn't have the kind of zeal and willpower to really do the hardcore fundie life. Certainly he'd never want to be at a Sunday service where the wives don't look like Betty Draper.

Yes, I agree there are many degrees of Fundy. I wouldn't say that the Dillards and Vuolos are Fundy lite though. I think they've only dropped some superficial Gothardisms.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, I agree there are many degrees of Fundy. I wouldn't say that the Dillards and Vuolos are Fundy lite though. I think they've only dropped some superficial Gothardisms.

I wouldn't say they are necessarily Fundie-Lite either, but their lifestyle might mean that some of their kids, if they have anything like the sort of mind which has a natural bent toward abstract, philosophical, or critical thinking might find the space to actually chip away at the fundiness.

Most of the others are probably another generation out from branching out...but having cousins who end up a bit more liberal in their thinking might help.

• Love 2

Unlike many opinions on here, I find Derick much more scary in regard to Fundiness and folks' rights than Jeremy. I think Jeremy is a follower and signed that document for the prestige more than actually doing what it says or promoting it. Derick on the other hand, is crazy deep into the bullshit and insists we all believe like him.

Sometimes it's the quiet ones who are dangerous and sometimes it's not.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Most of the others are probably another generation out from branching out...but having cousins who end up a bit more liberal in their thinking might help.

I think that the more "liberal" family members will be ostracized, much like Jill's status at the Big House these days. She's just the first. Sure, Jessa and Jill saw each other last week, but as Izzy and Sam go to public school, I expect Jessa to pull away to keep her kids from asking questions.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

There are different degrees of fundie. I feel like Jill/Derick and Jer/Jinger are already doing "fundie lite." Of the younger generation I feel like Jessa, Joy, and Josh/Anna are all-in on maintaining the more pure fundie-ism. IDK about Joe/Kendra, JD/Abbie, or Josiah/Lauren. They're actually all to me little kids who don;t know what they want yet. 

Jill/Derick are SBC.  Derick always has been.  Most in the evangelical world would not consider that fundie.  Jer/Jinger are also at a church that most evangelicals would consider regular evangelical not fundie.  The rest, I'm not sure.  A goodly number of them still seem stuck in IFB churches.

Derick and Jeremy were never Gothard followers so they haven't needed to drop his wacked out beliefs.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill/Derick are SBC.  Derick always has been.  Most in the evangelical world would not consider that fundie.  Jer/Jinger are also at a church that most evangelicals would consider regular evangelical not fundie.  The rest, I'm not sure.  A goodly number of them still seem stuck in IFB churches.

Derick and Jeremy were never Gothard followers so they haven't needed to drop his wacked out beliefs.

I should have specified that Jill and Jinger dropped some Gothard beliefs.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

They aren’t even looking at each other ...

“Marriage is a beautiful reality, now that I’ve changed to be exactly the preppy short-haired blonde that he’s always wanted!”

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2020 at 7:34 AM, Churchhoney said:

That's it, exactly. 

I do think it may partly be a sexist thing, too, with the Vuolos. In the Duggar/MacArthur rule book, females need to be pretty and passive and ornamental.  They need to be fulfilling their God-given role. They shouldn't look like they're ready to jump in the mud or, dog forbid, preach. 

I'd expect photos of a Vuolo son to be a bit more sedate than Joy/Austin's photos of Giddy, just because of the kind of image Jer/(Jinge?) tries to portray in general. Jer's cherished and carefully cultivated image is of a leader of pretentious conservative men, not of a manual worker who enjoys mud. But I expect they'd still be somewhat more active and spontaneous than the ones they post of Felicity. Their son, like all males, is destined to be a leader, after all. Unlike their daughter. 

Little late commenting on this, but totally agree that the Vuolos and the Forsyths are at opposite ends of the spectrum in some respects - Vuolos are more city while Forsyths are more country. 

If you want to control for gender, another comparison could be made between Felicity's carefully curated posts versus Ivy. I think Ivy (and really, the Seewalds) fall in between the Vuolos and Forsyths. Not as pretentious as the Vuolos, but seem to be a little more high maintenance than the Forsyths, who seem probably the lowest-maintenance of all the couples.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

A few thoughts:

1. I'm so happy Jinger is for marriage equality. Yes, I know she's not, but the way she's worded this has left it up for interpretation and I love that error. 

2. Rev. Fancy Pants' hairline has seriously receded all of the sudden. I can't picture him bald, I feel like it will be all lips and wonky teeth.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Gah! Posed much??? Wedding ring is front and center so we all know they are, indeed, married. I just can't with these people anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Ugh, Jeremy’s poses and facial expressions are already embarrassing all on their own, and now he’s also got to wear a black leather jacket and white t-shirt for the shoot? 🙄 Such a pretentious dipshit.

I’ve actually always thought he was a handsome man, but he’s aging in dog years during this quarantine. Which is weird, I mean if anything I would think he’d have more time to primp, and I doubt he was wearing makeup before! But in this shoot he suddenly looks so much older, and not in a great way. Who knows what’s going on with that. Maybe the three of them are not so happy being cooped up together and it’s wearing them down 🤷🏻‍♀️

These weird pics of her looking at him adoringly while he glares into space like this is a Marlon Brando picture are not making me think “gee, they’re more in love than ever, ain’t marriage grand!” Lol.

But honestly, their marriage dynamic always seems awful to me, because while they’ve clearly got sexual/romantic chemistry, that seems like ALL they’ve got. They don’t seem like friends, let alone partners. I can imagine being happy with that as a 20 year old woman, but as a 40 year old? I dunno, Jingle. But in any case...glad she’s happy now, I guess, and maybe she always will be 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 8

Well, unlikely as it is for me to defend Jer, I think he's turned his eyes very sharply to the right and is looking directly into Jingle's eyes. 

It's unfortunate that that's unclear in the picture. But I'd place a bet on its being the case.....So.....he really is trying for a picture about connection. It's just that the camera angle doesn't show it. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, unlikely as it is for me to defend Jer, I think he's turned his eyes very sharply to the right and is looking directly into Jingle's eyes. 

It's unfortunate that that's unclear in the picture. But I'd place a bet on its being the case.....So.....he really is trying for a picture about connection. It's just that the camera angle doesn't show it. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Exhibit A:

F718A111-5C66-4576-A26A-C973BC637468.jpeg

• Love 8
4 hours ago, emma675 said:

1. I'm so happy Jinger is for marriage equality. Yes, I know she's not, but the way she's worded this has left it up for interpretation and I love that error. 

I think it might not be a mistake. I could see them wording it like that to keep their homophobic views off their instagram and not scare away potential sponsors. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think it might not be a mistake. I could see them wording it like that to keep their homophobic views off their instagram and not scare away potential sponsors. 

I don't think he'd be licking MacArthur's ass if they actually felt that way. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think he'd be licking MacArthur's ass if they actually felt that way. 

I think they are totally homophobic and anti same-sex marriage. But they lost sponsors because of it and They may not want to be so openly obvious about it. Anyone doing some minum internet search will find it, but if companies only checks recent Instagram posts, they might miss it. Also, money often speaks louder than God for some.

• Love 11

I'd like to know how she is staying so blonde, what with hair salons closed and all.

Jer will be looking into that, whatzit?  Bosley Hair thing very soon.  Not sure that's what it's called, but Chris Knight aka Peter Brady swears by it, according to the commercials.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think they are totally homophobic and anti same-sex marriage. But they lost sponsors because of it and They may not want to be so openly obvious about it. Anyone doing some minum internet search will find it, but if companies only checks recent Instagram posts, they might miss it. Also, money often speaks louder than God for some.

Now this I could see them doing. But they often seem to spectacularly miss the point of why they keep getting cancelled. Until they actually come out and say something, that petition Jeremy signed will always bite them in the ass, no matter what else they try to do, because people will always make a point of telling a company. And as you say, they're never going to disavow their beliefs because it reflects how they actually think. Guess they'll just have to get used to the constant cycle of getting fired. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
On 4/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, Churchhoney said:

Totally agree. Evidence is that neither knows the first thing about doing this right.

I honestly think Jer's just too dumb and tin-eared to find out -- and maybe just too lazy. I haven't got the impression that he's been a particular striver in any of his jobs so far, so why would he be in this one? He seems to think he's just a natural star who shouldn't need to strive.....

And the whole thing is primarily his project, not Jingle's, so that has to sap her motivation, at least a bit.

Plus, her own lifelong isolation and ignorance-lockdown means she doesn't really know much at all about the kind of people they're trying to attract with their online personas. And, you know, when it comes to marketing, if you don't know your audience....you're screwed, basically. 

I think that's pretty much it. Jer's too dumb, lazy and has too big of an ego to think he has to do anything but just show up to get the fame he wants. Even in the face of all signs that he does. He's crappy soccer career, his crappy job as whatever he was for the small church in Laredo, and being an influencers. He was failure at all of these because of him. He wouldn't bother to work, practice and listen to the coaches his soccer career. He did absolutely nothing in Laredo except get coffee, go on trips a lot and update the church blog about how great he was. He has yet to figure out he has no achievements. I doubt he ever will. He's "influencer" career he's pretentious and does nothing. They keep getting fired because of their beliefs which highlighted by the petition he signed but also due to his pal MacArthur. He could have gotten better at any of these jobs but that would require work. Something Jeremy doesn't seem to think he ever needs to do. Crashing and burning in more then one field hasn't clued him in. When he crashes and burns with MacArthur he'll move onto something else still convinced of how great he is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

The blonde makes Jinger’s entire head and face just one color. It really washes her out.

Also, she is DEAD TO ME.

I was thinking about this as I put my makeup on this morning.  Jinger dyed her hair blonde but still does the same makeup she did as a brunette.  This flat out doesn't work.  I say this as a natural pale blonde.  We need makeup to define our features so we don't look washed out.  This means eyeliner, mascara, brows filled in, something to add color to our lips, and most importantly blush.  Blush is a necessity when you wear foundation.  Her hairstylist should have discussed this with her before drastically changing her hair color.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is the most pretentious, boring fop I've ever seen in my life.

The word "fop" reminded me of O Brother Where Art Thou, and now all I can think is that Jeremy is no Dapper Dan man. 😉 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

JereME is getting raked over the coals in the Would You Rather post. People, even leghumpers, are taking offense to his arguing Jinger's every response. Jinger did try to defend her positions but didn't do the greatest job. JereME basically steamrolled her.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

That can be on a cover of a Dutiful Christian Wife Monthly. 

50 ways to use Frozen Tater Tots

50 ways to gaze at your headship adoringly 

50 ways to save $ so the headship can afford $85 pocket squares 

50 ways to grift food/drinks

50 ways to convert your neighbors 

50 sex tips Jesus would approve of

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

What is up with this sudden frenzy of SM posting?

There is nothing special about these three.  Nothing.

What? Nothing special about the Breakout Stars of the TLC Channel's Counting On?

😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

What is up with this sudden frenzy of SM posting?

I'm guessing the academic semester is finished at Jermy's school?

Shouldn't he be fairly proficient in Greek and Latin by now?

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm guessing the academic semester is finished at Jermy's school?

Shouldn't he be fairly proficient in Greek and Latin by now?

Like he's been keeping up with the online classes. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 5