Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

OMG. 🙄 That’s some of the most pretentious bullshit that I’ve ever read.  And who says “nearly-daily”?  Shouldn’t it be “almost daily”?  Or even “nearly everyday”?  I would love to have a look at that journal, because I’ve been needing a good laugh.  I don’t know how Jinger can stand it.  I really don’t. 

• Love 24

I think the blame for their failure as influencers falls mostly on Jeremy. He's the one who keeps trying to suck up to the super conservative elite by signing that stupid anti-social justice petition and pledging his allegiance to MacArthur et al. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they'd be super successful if they were only marketing themselves as an aspiring young couple excited to be in LA because that's not much of a hook, but as it is they've alienated the conservative side by wearing pants, cutting hair and 'being worldly' and seriously ticked off the liberal side by their religious politics. It's a no-win situation, really, that they wouldn't be in (as much) if Jeremy had backed far away from the keyboard. 

• Love 21
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I do! I need a laugh and to roll my eyes.

Well... I am not on SM, but if someone who is were to throw enough* flattery RPP’s way in response to this post, I bet he’d share a few pages of his genius with the unsaved masses....😈

* And by “enough” I really mean any, really....

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well... I am not on SM, but if someone who is were to throw enough* flattery RPP’s way in response to this post, I bet he’d share a few pages of his genius with the unsaved masses....😈

* And by “enough” I really mean any, really....

NM

Edited by farmgal4

I say this as someone who has journaled on and off since I was, well, a kid. (I started my first one when I was 5, which lasted all of 3 days and mainly focused on my disappointment with Christmas that year, and currently have kept one for a couple of years.) 

But all I can think of about Jeremy's diary is what Ambrose Bierce had to say about them in The Devil's Dictionary:

"DIARY, n. A daily record of that part of one's life, which he can relate to himself without blushing."

As arrogant and tone deaf as Jeremy is, I'd say it's a pretty high bar of what he can write glowingly about himself without feeling awkward. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, he's his own best fan. 😁

He's the type of person my dad would mockingly sing "How Great Thou Art" to, but I doubt Jeremy would get the joke. 

I can just see him being like, "Yes, I am great. I'm so happy you agree! Do you like my pocket square?"

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Influence gig is up indefinitely. Jer needs to look for a real job. Wouldn’t surprise me if they move back to Texas.

Unless he's impressing MacArthur in ways we don't know about -- 👿 -- seems like he'll have to move somewhere....although it'll break his heart unless it's the Hamptons or something, I would guess.  I kinda doubt a Texas gig exists for him any more, though.

After Tim Conway gave him that first gig (for which he had no training or experience (or talent, as far as I can tell)), Jer literally never mentioned him, said thank you, or goodbye or anything on the church website or his social media the whole time he was there or during his farewell to Texas.

Instead, he praised himself and his father, clearly trying to leave the impression that they were the  only people responsible for Jer's greatness and for landing him the job he had.

He also never mentioned any of the other people who were part of Conway's operation and worked at the church. Nobody got a thank you or a mention, ever. He tried, again, to give the impression that he managed the whole thing and managed it alone. He didn't. Not even close. But that's the way he portrayed it on the church website and in his own communications.

I'd be surprised if, after that, Conway's enough of a wimp to say, "Sure, Jer, come on back and dis us again!" should Jer suggest returning.

Of course, Laredo'd be out of the question for Jer, I think, even if Conway was misguided enough to offer that posting to him. He's in the market for the most upscale and high-visibility place he can get, I expect. I'm assuming he'll eventually find some other prominent phony horse's ass giant hypocrite guy in an upscale town who wants a toadie and lickspittle.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, awaken said:

Please, someone take one for the team and post that screenshot to his IG!  

1 hour ago, EVS said:

I can’t see it either. 

I don’t know? just edited and changed the photo to see if that helped? I can still see it as normal 🤔

• Love 4
6 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Why can’t I see this???

1 hour ago, EVS said:

I can’t see it either. 

Look a few posts above at sofa sloths post. It’s amazing and so spot on!  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I don’t know? just edited and changed the photo to see if that helped? I can still see it as normal 🤔

Thank you. I can see it now. Hilarious and spot on!

• Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 4:35 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I actually find Jill to be somewhat authentic, certainly more so than the others. For most of us, authentic means vulnerable and awkward at times, and Jill seems the least afraid of doing that.

I very much agree. And while we snark on her dismal cooking/ risky parenting, her posts have a whole lot of people talking about her social media and what she could do better ect. I can tolerate Jill's hot mess of social media. It's almost endearing?

Jinger is just a boring try hard. The preachy parenting posts, over use of the word 'stroll', desperate attempts to corral her toddler into a cute picture...it is super lame. 

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

He looks better with the mask on. 

Not sure where he wants the Dodgers to go.  He's such a poser, he probably doesn't know the baseball season is on hold.  I think the mask improves his looks because it kinda resembles a gag and it is when Jeremy communicates that we see how ugly he really is.

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Not sure where he wants the Dodgers to go.  He's such a poser, he probably doesn't know the baseball season is on hold.  I think the mask improves his looks because it kinda resembles a gag and it is when Jeremy communicates that we see how ugly he really is.

Now if we could just break his fingers...

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He needs to part his hair on the other side. His eyes are a tad uneven and the part accentuates it.

It's hard to fight a natural part. Maybe he needs to learn to raise the eyebrow on the other side. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think another issue is the mask is basically underlining his eyes and also drawing attention to the fact they're uneven. I'd never noticed that before until he stuck the fabric equivalent of a level underneath his eyes. 

Another question I have . . . did this dipshit literally just put on a mask on a day he was at home with nowhere to go just so he could post a picture to Instagram? It's not even like he's showing off a new mask, and as other people have noted, the Dodgers aren't doing anything that would warrant cheering them on today.

I think the mask is his new favorite fashion accessory, taking the place of the pocket square, and he's such a attention whore that he had to post something, even though there was literally nothing to say. 🙄

Edited by Zella
  • Love 24
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's using mask cotoure as his new profile pic. 😷

If being a pretentious dipshit were an Olympic sport, he'd win a gold medal every day. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe he’s been watching international baseball, like the rest of us desperate fans?  Mr. Blevins and I were watching a CPBL (Taiwanese) game a few days ago and if you squinted hard enough, one of the teams had uniforms that kinda looked like the Dodgers ...

That’s probably giving him too much credit. 

ETA - if I’m trying to be nice to Jeremy, I guess I have to try and be nice to Jinger, too. Didn’t she work on a puzzle when she was in labor with Felicity?  So there’s a precedent, I guess. Ugh, I feel weird, defending them. 

Edited by jennblevins
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's hard to fight a natural part. Maybe he needs to learn to raise the eyebrow on the other side. 

I hear you, but nothing natural is going on with Jeremy's hair. It's forced much like everything he does.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now Jinger's trying to be relatable. 

This just makes me sad.

Imagine if you felt your livelihood somehow depended on forging a "connection" to a big, undefined crowd of "followers" you don't know in the least and who don't know you.....People who mostly started "following" you because they gawked at your family freak show that existed only because your parents had a bazillion kids....

And now your parents and your husband insist on perpetuating this "follower" thing based on their arrogant notion that you're all somehow leaders of the people and worthy of being admired and seen as role models for some reason.....Except these "connections" and the supposed important role-modeling you do actually have no substance whatsoever....

But because this is somehow the family "business" you keep on limply trying to "reach out," trying to be a "breakout star" but "relatable"....to hundreds of thousands of people you don't know the first thing about and with whom you've never had and never will have a back-and-forth relationship...

No wonder this social media stuff they do is so lame and vapid and Jingle's sitting there with that forced, vacant smile on her face, looking like somebody in a bad stock photo. It's all meaningless drivel and basically in vain....but she keeps on doing it because they've all come to believe that a public persona is actually central to their lives....

Forcing yourself to "communicate" with a "public" you don't even know and when you actually have nothing you really want to communicate to those people is as empty, futile and frustrating a pursuit as I can imagine. And I think it must seem that way to her, too, although she probably doesn't dare admit that to herself. It certainly looks to me as if that's how it feels to her,  way down underneath. 

Very depressing. And probably now one of the barriers that's keeping her from living a fuller real life with actual people and real communication and relationships in it, I would guess.  

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now Jinger's trying to be relatable. 

Probably more JereMe is trying to make Jinger more relatable. There's no doubt in my mind these posts are all his idea. He suggests something and she nods and goes along. She'd never disagree with her headship.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its just a picture of a girl in front of a puzzle. I doubt Jinger is having any negative feelings about it, or any feelings at all for that matter.

It's not just one photo, though.

Day after day Jer gives them the task of putting stuff out there that will "connect" with their great "following." He clearly hopes this will be a main source of his family's livelihood -- and at the core of whatever meaning their lives have -- forever. It couldn't be clearer that he has far less interest in a private life than he does in a life where they're showing off for the public all the damn time.

Why else do you write such a vapid comment obviously aimed at EVERYONE....the way Jingle just did and the way they do over and over and over and over in their social media? They're trying to be public communicators while building their popularity.....

That's not even possible, for the most part....And trying to do it has to be frustrating and weird, as well as empty -- because you're not actually communicating with anyone....You're just somehow trying to demonstrate your value to everyone in the public even though you don't have any value for the public.  But ... C'mon, Jingle, write another post that'll cement our FOLLOWING!!! says Jer. 

Jingle's parents and now her husband have spent her whole life insisting that she and they are public figures who have to be constantly "on" and creating themselves in some kind of form that will keep them in the public eye and make them admired figures. 

They're constantly trying to figure out how to create some image that will link them in a profitable way with hundreds of thousands of people. If they weren't, they wouldn't be hiring photographers and writing these vague social-media posts that are clearly intended to be everything for everybody......

And doing it has been a huge driver of the Duggar parents' income.....and Jeremy wants it to be a huge driver of his family's income as well. It's going to be impossible for Jer to have that outcome....He doesn't have 19 kids.....

But he's going to keep them scrambling to do the impossible as long as he possibly can -- because living as a public figure who gets significant cash by being a public figure is clearly Jer's big dream.

That was clear even from interviews back in his soccer days. He moved toward MacArthur and to LA because MacArthur has managed more than most of the other upscale-neighborhood Calvinists to become rich by being a public figure and because LA is a dream town for a lot of people who want to become rich by being public figures. And he married Jingle in part because he also saw her as someone who'd be helpful in his quest for that. 

I'm sure Jingle feels full well the pressure of the not-quite-as-good-as-it-needs-to-be income that she and Jer surely have. As well as the pressure to construct some kind of face to present to the public that will keep the show and the income going -- and increasing....She's known that pressure for most of her life...

And now she's supposed to package her life for eager public consumption even more often than when she was at the TTH -- she's supposed to do it in her social-media posts.

And yet there's really no way for people as ordinary, stiff, generic and dim as Jingle and Jer are to do that, long term.

We can see that clearly in the posts above. ...... Those posts are absolutely nothing. They're boring.  They're unfelt.  But they clearly made them in an effort to earn a long-term living by keeping a large public hooked on "the Vuolos."

Because otherwise nobody'd even think of posting such generic crap. If you were posting because you wanted to say or show something,  you'd automatically post something at least a little more vivid and specific because you'd have friends, family, kindred-spirit thinkers, or a community with shared interests in mind when you thought about posting. You'd make a private joke or something. 

You wouldn't come off as somebody who's posting because they have to. But that's how they come off constantly. And it seems to me there's no way that isn't at least a bore....and also frustrating and even a bit scary -- if you believe your livelihood even partly depends on its "succeeding."

Yet Jer -- and thus JIngle -- is clearly desperate to make their livelihood depend on that.

Jeremy Vuolo is not going to go gently into the good night of becoming "only' a private person who earns his entire living from something other than fame. Any more than Jessa is willing to be in that position. And if Jer's desperately striving to avoid that, then so is Jinger, whether she really wants to or not.

I can't imagine that she doesn't feel at least a little vague discomfort or confusion about that...."What are we doing and why? Do I really have to go on making these dumb unmotivated posts forever? Supposedly this is my job, but it is really going to make our lives better? ....

"Even though I asked the question, I don't want a bunch of strangers to tell me what they're doing in lockdown. I don't even read the comments they make on my posts, except maybe to look for mean ones. So do they want me to ask -- when they probably know I don't give a crap what their answer is? Are we really going to become more famous and make more money because I told a bunch of people who don't actually know me that I'm doing jigsaw puzzles? And then asked them a question whose answers I have no intention of ever reading?"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17