Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'd say that by not posting photo evidence of family get-togethers, neighborhood walkabouts, jaunts to grandma's house to eat 6 feet from her door and probably other stupid public activities, Jing & Jer are doing just fine with posting some housebound shots.  They don't seem to be flaunting the logical guidelines, unlike some of the others. 

And we have groups selling masks with local sports teams, cartoon characters and other popular designs in places like Lowe's, grocery stores and Target, for people that don't sew.  And since most craft stores are not essential businesses (Despite what Hobby Lobby idiots think), people who don't sew have to buy what they can find at the essential stores or borrow.  They ARE in LA.   

At least they don't cover themselves with Razorback and Oklahoma crap.  A little originality is welcome. 

• Love 5

Jeremy and his puppy dog, Jinger, posted a video filming the In-N-Out crew saying "Definitely no social distancing happening at In-N-Out" with a shocked emoji. Then said "But they're definitely an essential business, for sure." Fuck these assholes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

If I thought the restaurant was unsafe, I wouldn't buy anything. I haven't seen the video, but some fastfood places have very tight behind the counter spaces that would make 6 feet apart very hard. That's especially true of every Dunkin Donuts I've ever been in. Off-Topic: The drive through line at D &D in my hometown is crazy. I bet the employees aren't 6 feet apart all the time given how hectic rushhour is. I haven't eaten there, but it's near the supermarket.  Sh*t! I hope it's not making people sick. 

Maybe the fastfood workers feel, because they're around each other so much, they will probably get sick if anyone else who works does. Also if one employee comes down with COVID, they should probably close the restaurant for a while. COVID can live on surfaces for few days. I wouldn't want to order food at some place where someone had the virus. I guess they should take the 6 feet diligently. 

I can't find the video, but I hope they're not mocking people making their food. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If I thought the restaurant was unsafe, I wouldn't buy anything. I haven't seen the video, but some fastfood places have very tight behind the counter spaces that would make 6 feet apart very hard. That's especially true of every Dunkin Donuts I've ever been in. Off-Topic: The drive through line at D &D in my hometown is crazy. I bet the employees aren't 6 feet apart all the time given how hectic rushhour is. I haven't eaten there, but it's near the supermarket.  Sh*t! I hope it's not making people sick. 

Maybe the fastfood workers feel, because they're around each other so much, they will probably get sick if anyone else who works does. Also if one employee comes down with COVID, they should probably close the restaurant for a while. COVID can live on surfaces for few days. I wouldn't want to order food at some place where someone had the virus. I guess they should take the 6 feet diligently. 

I can't find the video, but I hope they're not mocking people making their food. 

I didn't get the sense they were mocking the employees at all. It seemed like an observation and one that is valid of most fast food restaurant workers right now. Shame on the restaurants for not providing masks or at least providing materials (scrunchies and bandana's) to allow their employees a little peace of mind. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It's an IG story on Jeremy's page.

• Useful 1

Jeremy just posted an IG video for Good Friday. I watched a few minutes and noticed he wears his watch and wedding band on his right hand. Is this something he's always done? I don't recall noticing before!..

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Jeremy just posted an IG video for Good Friday. I watched a few minutes and noticed he wears his watch and wedding band on his right hand. Is this something he's always done? I don't recall noticing before!..

This new look of his is . . . not flattering. But I guess we know what he has been doing in quarantine. Deciding how he was going to restyle his hair. 🙄

• Love 2

I also just watched the In-N-Out Instagram story, and I thought they came across like condescending assholes. They're filming the employees like something out of a National Geographic special while Jeremy notes with this hoity-toity tone they're not maintaining social distancing and then they both smugly agree that despite that In-N-Out is essential. They don't appear to give a shit about the poor workers or anything but the fact they want to stuff their fucking faces with In-N-Out burgers. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

It's filmed in reverse. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I also just watched the In-N-Out Instagram story, and I thought they came across like condescending assholes. They're filming the employees like something out of a National Geographic special while Jeremy notes with this hoity-toity tone they're not maintaining social distancing and then they both smugly agree that despite that In-N-Out is essential. They don't appear to give a shit about the poor workers or anything but the fact they want to stuff their fucking faces with In-N-Out burgers. 

I watched it too, and they are both pretentious af.  I can’t believe they used to be my favorite couple.  I haven’t mentioned this but even Felicity gets on my last nerve now.  I realized what a little show off she’s become when I watched a video of her playing outside at the water table.  I didn’t realize that kids that young COULD show off but by george, she was giving it her all that day.  She’s her father made over.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched it too, and they are both pretentious af.  I can’t believe they used to be my favorite couple. 

I used to be fairly neutral on them myself! I honestly don't remember Jeremy being quite as pretentious as he is now. When he first appeared on the radar, to the best of my memory, he wore normal clothes even. Then I can't remember at what point it was in Laredo, he went through an old man phase with his clothing and then he reached peak hipster and seems to have stayed there ever since and then nosedived into a weird world of gourmet food pretension as the cherry on his shit sundae. LOL 

Have no clue how in the world anything he or Jinger did in that video was very "Christian" in demeanor. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I didn’t realize that kids that young COULD show off but by george, she was giving it her all that day.  She’s her father made over.  

At that age kids respond to positive reinforcement.  If they’re filming her and not getting a good response or she gives a side eye, they might react negatively (probably unintentionally) and she would pick up on that energy.  If they film her and she hams it up, she gets a positive response from them and again, picks up on those cues.  She might eventually be a natural show off but I would bet that Jinger and Jeremy encourage her hamming it up more than normal parents would. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

At that age kids respond to positive reinforcement.  If they’re filming her and not getting a good response or she gives a side eye, they might react negatively (probably unintentionally) and she would pick up on that energy.  If they film her and she hams it up, she gets a positive response from them and again, picks up on those cues.  She might eventually be a natural show off but I would bet that Jinger and Jeremy encourage her hamming it up more than normal parents would. 

Jill has had a constant verbal commentary running over every video of her kids, with the incessant "Yay!" and "Aren't you having fun?", "Don't you love that?", "Isn't that great?", etc.  Unending and demanding the appropriate replies. Her kids are programmed by now to only give approved responses and reactions, sometimes fearfully. And she has 2 little robots. 

At least Jinger only has one so far.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jill has had a constant verbal commentary running over every video of her kids, with the incessant "Yay!" and "Aren't you having fun?", "Don't you love that?", "Isn't that great?", etc.  Unending and demanding the appropriate replies. Her kids are programmed by now to only give approved responses and reactions, sometimes fearfully. And she has 2 little robots. 

At least Jinger only has one so far.  

In one sad video where Jill was grilling Sam if he was having fun yet, Sam ignored her.  Jill sternly said Yes Ma'am!  So really, she asks stupid questions and the kids can answer only one way. Why can't she just leave them alone!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Zella said:

So . . . turning your kid into a robot is fine if you only have one? 😕

No, but the feeling of many on this board is that the child is simply a prop, with no other worth to her parents.

However, many of us do NOT see that.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

No, but the feeling of many on this board is that the child is simply a prop.

However, many of us do NOT see that.  

But that's not what you said. You said "And she [Jill] has 2 little robots. At least Jinger only has one so far," implying it was just fine for Jinger to have a robot as long as she has only one of them. How is a robot any different from or better than a prop?

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11

Loving your kid is not mutually exclusive from other behaviors. I believe JB & M love their kids, and I believe the Duggars who are parents love their kids. With that said every parent, and some more (& some way more) than others, make parenting mistakes. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jeremy must be acing his classes at seminary if his main contribution to the solemnity of Good Friday is a trip to In 'n Out.

I scared my dog laughing at this. For real!

And not just a trip to In 'n Out but a trip in which he and his holier-than-thou wife mock the poor workers. It just oozes piety. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Of course they do, and, Felicity, as the daughter of pretentious show-offs sees that behavior being modeled and it is how she will act, too.

I need to get in touch with the priests at my church.  On Good Friday, they posted a traditional Catholic Good Friday service and a prayer session on line.  I have no inkling how they feel about the local fast food place.  Clearly, they are out of touch with modern ministry.  Jeremy must be acing his classes at seminary if his main contribution to the solemnity of Good Friday is a trip to In 'n Out.

Maybe he was purposely trying to taunt the ebil Catholics by eating meat on Good Friday?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe he was purposely trying to taunt the ebil Catholics by eating meat on Good Friday?

I believe the Catholic church already says meat on friday is ok during lent this year given stay at home orders and lack of ability for people to get food on any given day

not a catholic, so I found it amusing the cardinals or whoever could change an almost etched in stone rule. My MIL is still driving to arby's for her fish sandwiches every friday

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, galaxychaser said:

I hope Felicity doesn’t turn into a spoiled child. 

It’s funny to me that Jer is losing his hair. He is so vain. 

I think that ship has sailed.  Felicity is most likely spoiled already.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when her parents bring home Baby #2.  She may try to smother it with a pillow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think that ship has sailed.  Felicity is most likely spoiled already.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when her parents bring home Baby #2.  She may try to smother it with a pillow.

Israel was a few months younger than Felicity when Jill started going on about she didn't want him to think he was the center of the whole world and how he needed to learn not everything was about him. I remember thinking that seemed very severe for child under two years old. And other people commented that at that age it was normal and even right for kid to be the apple of their parents' eyes. I don't know what Felicity will be like when she is older, but at 21 months, she is still developing. Most children enjoy younger siblings until they are too many of them and they either lose almost all of their parents attention or have to help raise the younger ones as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

As long as they're teaching Felicity manners and sharing, are saying no when appropriate and letting her play independently, she'll be fine.

The only overindulgence I see are Felicity's clothes, and that's about Jeremy and Jinger. Felicity doesn't give a shit about what she wears as long as it's weather appropriate and comfortable.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never noticed the second piercing until you mentioned it. How 1985 of her! 😂

I noticed because I just got mine pierced again a few months ago. Nice to know I'm out of style, I guess.

For Jinger, I feel like it's a big deal since none of the other girls have theirs pierced more than once. I can't see Jim Bob approving of that.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never noticed the second piercing until you mentioned it. How 1985 of her! 😂

Hey, I have a second piercing in one ear that I got in... oh, wait.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, emma675 said:

I noticed because I just got mine pierced again a few months ago. Nice to know I'm out of style, I guess.

For Jinger, I feel like it's a big deal since none of the other girls have theirs pierced more than once. I can't see Jim Bob approving of that.

I’m a 34 year old attorney and if I got a second piercing my Mom wouldn’t approve either!!! 😂😂

Im just laughing hysterically because if this is “rebellion” on Jinger’s part, good for her doing something she wants. Jill got a nose piercing didn’t she?

i don’t pay attention, is it common to get a second piercing in only one ear?

• Love 7

When I watched the handwashing video, I couldn't turn my eyes off the running water. How  wasteful!!! Here every kid learns that you turn off the water while soaping your hands, your hair, body, whatever. 

Besides that I don't understand the criticism of Felicity. She is a little child. Most kids I know have phases in which they are little show offs. And I hope every child thinks they are special and mean everything to their parents. At least I hope my son knows that (and that doesn't mean he is spoiled). 

• Love 17
On 4/13/2020 at 9:01 AM, emma675 said:

I'm equally out of style.  My husband gave me pair of diamond studs for our anniversary last year, and I got the 2nd piercings so I could always wear them, even with other earrings.  I say good for Jinger finding things that make her happy. 

• Love 11