Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Who took the picture if mama is home? Hmmm me thinks Jinger took the picture. 

Maybe they're paying their photographer to social distance with them.....They have a big house....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

That's a whole lot of hashtags. .... "#me"?  Seriously? 

Well, it is a stupid leghumper's page. Probably not more than 14.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

JereME is getting raked over the coals in the Would You Rather post. People, even leghumpers, are taking offense to his arguing Jinger's every response. Jinger did try to defend her positions but didn't do the greatest job. JereME basically steamrolled her.

Wow! He sounds so much like his in-laws here. The whole point of the game is that there isn't a right and wrong answer and yet like JB or some other Duggar males, he has to get the little woman to agree with him.  Also this was supposed to be a fun, easy post about playing a game and he found a way to completely botch it which is also just like so many of his in-laws do on their social media. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I’m 100% sure even if he is looking in her eyes, it’s only to check out his own reflection in her pupils 😉 

ABB1E4D9-951D-4E27-8036-2A6E2CD73A4F.thumb.jpeg.8999bb03e5b93e7daa92e85834a95792.jpeg

Mirror, mirror, on the eyeball, who is the fairest influencer of them all?

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Who took the picture if mama is home? Hmmm me thinks Jinger took the picture. 

It looks like both of the pictures (the one with Jinger by the bushes and the one with Jermy/Felicity by the bushes) were probably taken around the same time. 

• Love 3

Jeremy can't look directly at her, because she's upstaging him and we wouldn't be able to see his face and that of course is unacceptable.  So instead he's giving her the side-eye, basically.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Mirror, mirror, on the eyeball, who is the fairest influencer of them all?

Certainly not Jeremy and stepford wife. 

Fixed it for you:

Mirror, mirror, on the eyeball, who is the most failed influencer of them all?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Certainly not Jeremy and stepford wife. 

Fixed it for you:

Mirror, mirror, on the eyeball, who is the most failed influencer of them all?

For sure, but he's never going to admit that to himself as he stares at the mirror on the wall, er, his wife's face. 😉 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

The video with Felicity and the book of emotions was adorable. Hopefully she's going to be allowed to express all those emotions growing up and will never be told to "keep sweet" instead.

• Love 23
(edited)
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Did John Travolta dress in a leather jacket in Grease?

I think Jeremy is trying to look like John or Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

He must be really looking forward to the Top Gun sequel. 😉

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Their "Would You Rather" s a perfect summation of what I hate about these two being paired up. He wanted a "meek" woman; in other words, he wanted a "weak" woman that he could constantly feel superior to and demean back down to her secondary position in the relationship if she did try to stand up for herself. I feel that no matter what he answers were on the game, he'd contradict them and basically tell her that her decision was dumb/incorrect. This arrogoant POS reminds me a lot of my sister-in-law's husband and I genuinely think she's subtly being mentally abused and grdually being molded into what HE wants. This couple is, I think, the worst of the marrieds now with the exception of Josh. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jeremy's jacket leather? I thought it was either jean or a nylon cotton.

Pleather? In any case, it was probably free or at least used. Jer isn't going to pay retail for his image. 

• Love 4

But is used clothing acceptable to the aspirational Jeremy? I wouldn't blame Jinger for never wanting to wear used clothes again after having hand-me-downs and Goodwill clothing from the girls' community closet, so I wouldn't fault her at all for wanting new. I could see that being beneath Jeremy in fear that someone would find out somehow that his stuff had been previously worn by someone else. 

• Love 5

There's a real difference between wearing secondhand clothing from Good Will and wearing new clothing from, say, Target. I don't think Jinger would be opposed to the latter, but Jeremy might. 

• Love 5

Didn't Jim Bob make comments about Jeremy being able to support Jinger's thrift store habit? Little did Big Daddy Jim Bob know that JereMe was a bigger clothes horse than Jingle. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Didn't Jim Bob make comments about Jeremy being able to support Jinger's thrift store habit? Little did Big Daddy Jim Bob know that JereMe was a bigger clothes horse than Jingle. 

I was thinking this earlier, and wondered, though I was sure I was probably being ridiculously optimistic, whether Jinger gave Jer some pointers and showed him that he could, indeed, look like a clothes horse for pennies on the dollar. It IS possible. I really doubt that Jeremy could really be convinced to slum it to that extent, but it IS  possible.

• Love 4

Some comments under the video. Jeremy will not let her answer any questions without challenging her. I'm surprised they didn't delete part 1 because there are even more comments pointing this out.

Screenshot_20200503-105509.thumb.jpg.fda897bbdb48a492a97bdc0c6eb217a7.jpgScreenshot_20200503-105641.thumb.jpg.5634f4fb7de45b089dc537cc7e15f4c5.jpgScreenshot_20200503-105521.thumb.jpg.98955e0b0897ca5506560cdf380ee514.jpgScreenshot_20200503-105611.thumb.jpg.4db99a3b9d248a602dcf8534e90fef45.jpgScreenshot_20200503-105355.thumb.jpg.e9ab35ce7a189b558fa3291fd09a3c75.jpg

Also, Jingie is wearing new $90 UGG slides. Pretty fancy for a girl who grew up wearing dollar store flip flops. 

• Love 4

"Jinger hates animal hair." Well, now we know why they ditched Jake.

It's really interesting to watch their dynamic. You get the sense that Jinger isn't an equal partner in the game, but merely a prop and a jumping off point for Jeremy to voice his (lengthy) opinions. If she wasn't becoming as equally self-absorbed as her husband, I might feel bad for her. 

• Love 21
(edited)

Most folks that hate hair animal do this wild and crazy thing called vacuuming. It's shedding time for our dog right now and I too hate animal hair all over the place. The dog is getting extra brushing and the house and furniture is vacuumed daily. 

Jing does appear to worry that she'll pick the wrong answer. I think it's more about her realization of what she was sheltered from and what she knows she doesn't know, than she is worried about Jeremy being judgmental. Too bad Jinger didn't realize the questions weren't tricks - there's no wrong answer.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

I don’t think not liking animals is a Duggar thing. It’s been mentioned several times that Michelle LOVES animals and is constantly bringing home strays 

LOVES her children, too.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
(edited)

i was wondering if Jinger confused animal hair with human hair in the TTH. 

all that long, untied hair of duggar girls and all that hair that the duggar boys have lost due to balding starting at about 18 or 20 it seems.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Stupid me. I clicked to watch that video. Then I got sick of him and I couldn’t turn it off!!! Yikes. I finally figured out a way to mute them. Thank goodness. 

I did, too, thinking it couldn't be as bad as people were posting. I gotta work on my trust issues b/c Jeremy sucks as much as everyone said.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

I can't even bring myself to watch the Would You Rather videos. I used to play Would You Rather with my students as a lazy but fun end of the semester exercise in providing support for their opinions/arguments. It was stuff like would you rather fight a giant snake or a bunch of piranhas (giant snake always won 🤣), but the idea that someone would take that fun game and use it as a cudgel on the other player really rubs me the wrong way. 

• Love 15

It makes me sad that Jinger married such a tool.  IMO there’s not one thing to like about the guy.  He’s an egotistical, pretentious, self-absorbed asshole.

• Love 19
Just now, farmgal4 said:

It makes me sad that Jinger married such a tool.  IMO there’s not one thing to like about the guy.  He’s an egotistical, pretentious, self-absorbed asshole.

The only saving grace is Jinger's too naive to realize it. She still thinks she hit the husband jackpot. 

• Love 5

Doesn't say much for JimBob's example if his daughters married controlling tools. 

Although, I guess their god expects the girls to be told how to walk, talk, think, and breathe by a man. Maybe some day one of them will actually read their bible and discover all the kick-ass women in it.

• Love 12