Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure that they will be chartering the entire ship for the G3 2021.  That ship carries 3,114 passengers, so if the attendance was over 5000 in 2020, I'm sure they'll get enough to nearly fill the ship.  I was once on a Christian music cruise with a friend several years ago and while they did have alcohol, the crew were told NOT to sell it.  (I tried to buy a beer and was refused)  When a company charters a ship, they can dictate a lot of things.

I would be very surprised if a cruise ship agreed to NOT sell alcohol on a cruise. Liquor  sales are a huge part of their profits. I bet the price of the tickets are raised to compensate if alcohol sales are forbidden.

Edited to add: I posted before reading @Fosca’s post letting us know the ship is also selling tickets to non-conference passengers. Man, the cruise line better hope these non-G3 cruisers buy a LOT of drinks to make up for the conference attendees if alcohol is sold. (They will probably mutiny if it isn’t.)

And I agree, I’d be very upset to find that I am part of a very small number of passengers stuck on a cruise with the vast majority of passengers being G3 attendees. Ugh. Although the late night “adult” comic shows probably will have plenty of seating! 😉

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 6

With all of the picture taking, traveling and now cruising, when is Jeremy IN CLASS? I truly believe that he is not liked among his fellow 'classmates'. It's obvious to me, from what the Vuolos post about their day to day activities, free house and travel that Jeremy received over the top favoritism from that school.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Yes I second this. In fact i wonder if TTH ever tips for the swaths of pizza they order.

Well, the boys may have "tipped" your delivery truck over for laughs once or twice....

....and maybe stuck a million-dollar tract under your windshield wiper a time or two...

but "tips" as in "money"? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I would be very surprised if a cruise ship agreed to NOT sell alcohol on a cruise. Liquor  sales are a huge part of their profits. I bet the price of the tickets are raised to compensate if alcohol sales are forbidden.

Edited to add: I posted before reading @Fosca’s post letting us know the ship is also selling tickets to non-conference passengers. Man, the cruise line better hope these non-G3 cruisers buy a LOT of drinks to make up for the conference attendees if alcohol is sold. (They will probably mutiny if it isn’t.)

And I agree, I’d be very upset to find that I am part of a very small number of passengers stuck on a cruise with the vast majority of passengers being G3 attendees. Ugh. Although the late night “adult” comic shows probably will have plenty of seating! 😉

I'm pretty sure the alcohol question gets mixed answers from this group. Most view themselves and comport themselves as part of mainstream culture, not in the Gothard way. And that usually means that you'll have people strongly disapproving of drinking and others saying  it's okay. 

For example, the Missional clothes company that sells the Spurgeon shirt and so on also sells a major selection of beer glasses, bottle openers and flasks with theologians' faces and various Calvinist sayings all over them. (which...well, I have nothing against responsible drinking, but I do find carrying a flask around in modern society a little ... odd.....It was one thing back before there were cars and you were gonna walk 10 miles to the next village on a cold night or something but now.... It seems, um, kind of ostentatious and frat boy to me....LIke something Roger Stone would do.....But I gather there is a frat-boy-ish contingent of Reformed men these days....)

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/flasks

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/pint-glasses

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/bottle-openers

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

With all of the picture taking, traveling and now cruising, when is Jeremy IN CLASS? I truly believe that he is not liked among his fellow 'classmates'. It's obvious to me, from what the Vuolos post about their day to day activities, free house and travel that Jeremy received over the top favoritism from that school.

Well, those who complain of MacArthur always tend to mention these things -- 'John MacArthur is probably the best known Bible teacher in the world today but there is a fundamental lack of integrity in his life.  That is apparent in his nepotism, cronyism,  treatment of “whistleblowers”'......

Grades, financial aid and degrees awarded for...reasons of friendship, and stuff, and without consultation with faculty and so on....

So I suppose nobody's surprised when cronyism strikes again (or at least the suspicion of it strikes -- always possible there's some innocent explanation...) ...Whether Jer's the beneficiary, or others....

The business below about grades and degrees and money all being handed out just cuz, when everybody else feels they have to earn them, seems as if it might be relevant here. Given what at least looks like a very casual and unusual approach by Jeremy to his first year in what others seem to feel is a fairly demanding and expensive grad-school experience.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/08/17/john-macarthurs-the-masters-university-has-been-put-on-probation-by-the-western-association-of-schools-and-colleges/

https://www.gatekeepersonline.com/post/is-john-macarthur-above-reproach

(Students who are children of donors seem to get better institutional aid:)

The AVT noted with concern the auditor findings that “multiple students who are family members of donors or related parties at TMUS received institutional aid … [which] appeared to be above what is typically offered to all students and is an inconsistency in awarding … according to the currently policy.” This is troubling, both for students without such connections, but also as a matter of integrity with donor, tax-exempt donations, and financial aid practices. The lack of timely responsiveness to auditor reports is concerning .

(Grades overridden and PhDs awarded outside of usual practices:)

As noted previously, grading and degree integrity emerged as an area of concern relative to incidents of a grade change in the seminary, outside usual and customary practices. The report was that a faculty member gave a student a failing grade. When the student appealed the grade, the TMS leadership had the assignment regraded by someone other than the professor of record; this second individual issued a passing grade that was recorded in lieu of the faculty member’s assigned grade. Multiple reports were received — through the confidential email file and in conversations with TMS staff and leadership — of doctorates being awarded outside defined program and degree requirements. Faculty processes and voices appear to have been silenced and/or overridden by competing concerns from other sectors of leadership. These are alarming reports as they speak to the meaning, quality, and integrity of a degree from TMS, the integrity of the institution and its leaders, and the fidelity to approved standards

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

I read the thread on reddit. The waitress also said Jeremy ordered for both of them and Felicitywas very fussy. Jinger was on her phone the whole time while RFP droned on. 

Well that sounds like a fun evening. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Well that sounds like a fun evening. 

To their credit, they weren't insisting on sitting glued to each other's side, holding hands and gazing longingly at each other to show off to the world how much in looooove they are, unlike Jinger's parents and siblings.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, those who complain of MacArthur always tend to mention these things -- 'John MacArthur is probably the best known Bible teacher in the world today but there is a fundamental lack of integrity in his life.  That is apparent in his nepotism, cronyism,  treatment of “whistleblowers”'......

Grades, financial aid and degrees awarded for...reasons of friendship, and stuff, and without consultation with faculty and so on....

So I suppose nobody's surprised when cronyism strikes again...Whether Jer's the beneficiary, or others....

The business below about grades and degrees and money all being handed out just cuz, when everybody else feels they have to earn them, seems as if it might be relevant here. Given what at least looks like a very casual and unusual approach by Jeremy to his first year in what others seem to feel is a fairly demanding grad-school experience.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/08/17/john-macarthurs-the-masters-university-has-been-put-on-probation-by-the-western-association-of-schools-and-colleges/

https://www.gatekeepersonline.com/post/is-john-macarthur-above-reproach

(Students who are children of donors seem to get better institutional aid:)

The AVT noted with concern the auditor findings that “multiple students who are family members of donors or related parties at TMUS received institutional aid … [which] appeared to be above what is typically offered to all students and is an inconsistency in awarding … according to the currently policy.” This is troubling, both for students without such connections, but also as a matter of integrity with donor, tax-exempt donations, and financial aid practices. The lack of timely responsiveness to auditor reports is concerning .

(Grades overridden and PhDs awarded outside of usual practices:)

As noted previously, grading and degree integrity emerged as an area of concern relative to incidents of a grade change in the seminary, outside usual and customary practices. The report was that a faculty member gave a student a failing grade. When the student appealed the grade, the TMS leadership had the assignment regraded by someone other than the professor of record; this second individual issued a passing grade that was recorded in lieu of the faculty member’s assigned grade. Multiple reports were received — through the confidential email file and in conversations with TMS staff and leadership — of doctorates being awarded outside defined program and degree requirements. Faculty processes and voices appear to have been silenced and/or overridden by competing concerns from other sectors of leadership. These are alarming reports as they speak to the meaning, quality, and integrity of a degree from TMS, the integrity of the institution and its leaders, and the fidelity to approved standards

Yuck.  And who would want an ill begotten degree.  Is that even correct?  But you know what I mean.  Like honorary doctorate.  Meaningless in the real world.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Yuck.  And who would want an ill begotten degree.  Is that even correct?  But you know what I mean.  Like honorary doctorate.  Meaningless in the real world.

I guess if you get the diploma/certificates that just say "doctorate" and don't add the "honorary," nobody's going to know it isn't real. I assume that's what the intention is here!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

So basically the Jesus they claim to worship doesn't care about any kind of integrity. Ok good to know.

Well, I don't think we should conclude that everybody secretly operates that way.....But the person on whom Jer's future apparently depends at the moment, MacArthur? Apparently so. Or at least there's been a whole lot of grousing to that effect. 😁

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

So basically the Jesus they claim to worship doesn't care about any kind of integrity. Ok good to know.

Literally anything is acceptable as long as it is in the Lord’s name. Even stuff the Lord explicitly prohibits! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Secretly operates that way? Nope, they do it blatantly. RPF and his betters demonstrate that every day.  Their flavor of christianity is a good old boys club. No girls allowed, no integrity, no playing by the rules, no tolerance. But that's how Jesus wants it. 

It's all about obtaining "power" and then maintaining.

I don't buy what they are selling but then I'm a woman so they just don't care what I think.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 17
17 hours ago, JoanArc said:

FYI there’s a post on Reddit by waitstaff that had to wait on Jeremy and Jingle a few months ago. Apparently Felicity isn’t the only prop, Jingle seems like a prop wife, and they seem disconnected from each other. Nothing really shocking or surprising, other than a tip to 25%. 

Nice for discussion purposes but I could make up a story like that in my sleep.  So could most of the people who post here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

If I were one of the poor delusional schmucks actually paying tuition and working my ass off learning Greek and Latin while this poser does nothing, pays nothing, learns nothing, yet ends up with exactly the same degree on his resume, I would go BALLISTIC. 

I just hope some of them get together and file a lawsuit...but here’s the thing: if they go public, it devalues the degree they’re working and paying for. ☹️

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I could make up a story like that in my sleep

I was rather suspect of the story myself.  Especially when I read the comments and the OP thought it was so strange that Jer did the ordering.  I would think that a wait person with even a minimal amount of experience would know that's a thing.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Secretly operates that way? Nope, they do it blatantly. RPF and his betters demonstrate that every day.  Their flavor of christianity is a good old boys club. No girls allowed, no integrity, no playing by the rules, no tolerance. But that's how Jesus wants it. 

It's all about obtaining "power" and then maintaining.

I don't buy what they are selling but then I'm a woman so they just don't care what I think.

Yeah, I agree. I just didn't know how far the "they" extended. ....

It sounded to me as if you may have meant it to include everybody in MacArthur's orbit, and while I know he's got a ton of misogynists in his orbit, I'd hesitate to say that it's everybody at his seminary, for example, or everybody who attends the Atlanta conference.

I expect some people in those aren't necessarily hypocritical or misogynist but just don't notice how much of that stuff goes on because they're focusing on some innocuous part of the message. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

I'd say it's everyone in his orbit and in the "seminary" (quotes as I don't see RPF getting much of any education). He's too busy flying here and there and eating his way across LA toting his accessories.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

If I were one of the poor delusional schmucks actually paying tuition and working my ass off learning Greek and Latin while this poser does nothing, pays nothing, learns nothing, yet ends up with exactly the same degree on his resume, I would go BALLISTIC. 

I just hope some of them get together and file a lawsuit...but here’s the thing: if they go public, it devalues the degree they’re working and paying for. ☹️

Well, I guess a lot of people did go ballistic to WASC. That's why MacArthur's schools are in their pretty unprecedented second successive year of probation from the accreditation board.

Supposedly March of this year is the deadline for something to happen, one way or another. So we may find out then whether all the complaints got the full attention of the WASC people or whether enough other heads-of-colleges figure religion-allows-you-to-do-exactly-what-you-want is the way to go and will let him off the hook. 

I'd love to see him lose his accreditation for imposing standards on everybody but his buddies, while still taking federal financial aid and letting incoming students and faculty think he runs things fairly.  But, as you say, at the same time the consequences of it, including to people who tried to be whistleblowers, are sad to contemplate. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I was rather suspect of the story myself.  Especially when I read the comments and the OP thought it was so strange that Jer did the ordering.  I would think that a wait person with even a minimal amount of experience would know that's a thing.  

To me it’s very telling about their relationship if he orders for her regularly. I bet he never lets her drive either.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'd say it's everyone in his orbit and in the "seminary" (quotes as I don't see RPF getting much of any education). He's too busy flying here and there and eating his way across LA toting his accessories.

Well, I'm just not willing to say "everyone" when I don't know anything about all those people! And from my observations, any institution of much size usually includes at least a few people who are operating in good faith, so I figure this one must include a few as well. 

For example, I've read enough about what goes on at the seminary (and I've read a lot...from students, alumni, faculty, ex-faculty) to believe that Jer is very much  an outlier when it comes to gallivanting around, being a clothes horse, not seeming to have any work to do. By and large, it seems that most of the seminarians there work pretty hard..... So I wouldn't tar them with Jer's brush

I'm sure a lot of them are "complementarians," which I believe is misogynist. But I've also read enough about seminarians who've expressed good-faith disagreements with TPTB there and suffered consequences to know that just having enrolled in that seminary doesn't mean that you actually buy into everything MacArthur and his best pals preach. The misogyny and the racism and such aren't actually on the curriculum. And some people apparently come for the non-hateful Calvinism and get some shocks as other things unfold...

I certainly don't disagree with you about there being a ton of misogyny and a ton of hypocritical cronyism and so on among this group. I'm the one who's brought most of that information here!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I never ordered from the "children's" menu when my kids were Felicity's age.  All that faux, processed, breaded and fried crap, where kechup was considered a vegetable, was a waste of money and incredibly unhealthy. 

And trying to make kids adhere to the usual adult food schedule can sometimes be unhealthy for them too.  My peds always told me to give them several small meals throughout the day, so if husband & I were out to eat, they may have already eaten.  You can't just make all toddlers magically adapt to a 3-meal a day schedule the way adults can. 

And servers that get off on tattling about other's eating habits are just looking for attention.  I usually give them a credibility score of about a 2.   Idiots. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I also very much doubt they would go to a restaurant, order food for themselves, and refuse to give Felicity anything to eat. First of all, I think they actually like their child, and second, someone who knows who they are might see and it might end up in In Touch.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

I never ordered from the "children's" menu when my kids were Felicity's age.  All that faux, processed, breaded and fried crap, where kechup was considered a vegetable, was a waste of money and incredibly unhealthy. 

And trying to make kids adhere to the usual adult food schedule can sometimes be unhealthy for them too.  My peds always told me to give them several small meals throughout the day, so if husband & I were out to eat, they may have already eaten.  You can't just make all toddlers magically adapt to a 3-meal a day schedule the way adults can. 

And servers that get off on tattling about other's eating habits are just looking for attention.  I usually give them a credibility score of about a 2.   Idiots. 

Nowadays kids’ menus are different. The main courses are still generally things like chicken nuggets, hamburgers, and Mac and cheese, but they include options for fruits and vegetables as sides, and you can get milk instead of juice/soda. That said, we didn’t start ordering off the kids’ menu until Mini Mistake was 3, because it would have been a waste of money to do so earlier since she would have eaten two bites, gotten full, and refused to touch the leftovers. Felicity is what, 18 months? I think it would have been weird if they had ordered her something off the kids’ menu. I do think they would have shared their food with her, however, or brought something else for her to eat.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

These are alarming reports as they speak to the meaning, quality, and integrity of a degree from TMS, the integrity of the institution and its leaders, and the fidelity to approved standards

So...pretty much what you'd expect from a religious school attended by a Duggar or Duggar adjacent. Does the commandment against falsehoods only apply to heathens?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

So...pretty much what you'd expect from a religious school attended by a Duggar or Duggar adjacent. Does the commandment against falsehoods only apply to heathens?

It probably does. In fact that's probably how they see most of the Biblical rules. They apply only to heathens and certainly not them. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

Apparently that's in the fine print. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

My daughter is about Felicity's age, and we usually order her something off the kid's menu or an appetizer that's easier for her to eat. The places we eat at, the kid's menu is a normal entree that has a much smaller portion size. Otherwise we were sharing half our plate with her (well half of my plate and maybe a bite or two off Dad's...) We only eat out once a month or so, because being strapped into a high chair and then having to wait 15-20 minutes to eat, and then an additional 30 minutes to leave, is no toddler's idea of a good time. I can't imagine Felicity doing that daily and not having any food to play with. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

We only eat out once a month or so, because being strapped into a high chair and then having to wait 15-20 minutes to eat, and then an additional 30 minutes to leave, is no toddler's idea of a good time. I can't imagine Felicity doing that daily and not having any food to play with. 

My granddaughter is only two, and has never eaten in a sit down restaurant for that very same reason.  She wouldn't put up with sitting in a highchair for long, and make herself and everyone else miserable.  Her parents get a sitter if they want to eat out.  Otherwise they go to drive throughs or one of them goes and gets take out food.

When my own kids were small, we'd bring things for them to do while waiting, and otherwise entertain them until the food arrived.  They were all pretty good about it, but if necessary, one of the adults would walk around the restaurant with them or take them outside until the food arrived.  We weren't the type of people to linger after we were done eating, so it worked out well.

Now my father and stepmother had some stories about my half brother.  They ate out a lot, and had two older kids that easily learned the routine when eating out.  When my brother came along, the little guy just couldn't sit long enough to wait for the food to arrive.  He didn't want to talk softly.  He wanted to get down and walk around.  He wanted to interact with the other customers and the wait staff, and expected them to talk back to him or share their food.  Walking around in the parking lot didn't work, as baby bro would get bored with that and throw a fit when taken back inside to eat.  He'd decided he hated restaurants.  

So step mom would borrow the house phone (no cell phones back then) and call up the babysitter while Dad drove brother there.  Dad used to say that he didn't have a hot meal in years, because the food had already been served and was cold by the time he got back.  Eventually Dad and Step-mom would simply drop bro off at the sitters and go eat.

Things changed when my brother was five or six.  He was tired of eating at the sitters house.  His older siblings would talk about how good the restaurant food was, while he was stuck eating whatever the babysitter had on hand.  They acted superior because they were able to go to restaurants and he wasn't allowed to. Baby brother decided that he had to go to these restaurants.  It was a classic case of sibling rivalry.  But it worked.  Bro learned to sit still, talk softly, color with crayons while waiting, try new foods, etc.  He just had to get old enough for him to appreciate the experience.

• Love 8
Spoiler

There is nothing in the spoiler box. I accidentally hit the button and can't figure out how to make the box go away.

In the picture of Jeremy's massive burger Felicity has a couple of fries on the table in front of her. I'm hoping that this means they fed her something more substantive earlier and not that her meal consisted of fries and water. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 4

Maybe, just maybe, poor little Felicity should have some opportunity to eat at home instead of being dragged around town to pose for a fucking picture for her parents' Instagram account. No life for a kid , in my opinion.

No damn wonder she was fussy (if the account was accurate, which I happen to believe). Her life is being trotted to the most worthy of places to take a quick pic. I don't recall any pics of Felicity being a kid, doing kid things, having fun like a kid should, eating kid foods, learning a kids world, baking fun kid things with  mom or dad. She is a fucking mini-me of the what Jeremy wants.

I can't remember where I read it (reddit maybe) but Felicity was known as PUBLICITY.

Funniest damn thing I've heard in a long while.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I think that's the first Jinger dress since her wedding that I absolutely hate.  It was a lovely cake and the party was nice idea.  I think if he'd done it just for instagram that he'd have posted it sooner and with more photos.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

I've been speculating this since October, but she looks pregnant in that dress. It could just be the style. On the other hand, her dresses are usually more form-fitting than that. Why would they leak her birthday photo now--- literally a month later? My guess is they going to announce a pregnancy soon. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

It’s nice that Jeremy threw her a surprise party for her closest friends.  It just makes me wonder how many people showed up.  Does Jinger have friends other than Jeremy’s friends or Duggar adjacents?  

Although it IS telling that he specified friends and not a single Duggar was invited, unless this is why Jessa showed up last month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It’s nice that Jeremy threw her a surprise party for her closest friends.  It just makes me wonder how many people showed up.  Does Jinger have friends other than Jeremy’s friends or Duggar adjacents?  

Although it IS telling that he specified friends and not a single Duggar was invited, unless this is why Jessa showed up last month.

Jessa and Bin were there around the time Jeremy's friends visited. It was most likely filmed and Jessa showing up was the surprise. The rest of the people were probably "sweet friends" from church.

• Love 3