Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

40 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure that they will be chartering the entire ship for the G3 2021.  That ship carries 3,114 passengers, so if the attendance was over 5000 in 2020, I'm sure they'll get enough to nearly fill the ship.  I was once on a Christian music cruise with a friend several years ago and while they did have alcohol, the crew were told NOT to sell it.  (I tried to buy a beer and was refused)  When a company charters a ship, they can dictate a lot of things.

What is the cost of attending this conference?  What is the cost of the cruise?

I'd guess the difference is considerable, which may diminish the number of attendees.  I would guess this cruise is not a substitute for the conference but something new and different.

Though,  I have been very wrong before.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

What is the cost of attending this conference?  What is the cost of the cruise?

I'd guess the difference is considerable, which may diminish the number of attendees.  I would guess this cruise is not a substitute for the conference but something new and different.

Though,  I have been very wrong before.  

Hard to tell. It is scheduled for January, though, which is the same month in which the conference seems always to have been held....

Maybe some regular attendees have suggested they're getting bored with hanging out in that Atlanta hotel year after year? 

• Like 6

It appears to be a 5 night cruise which depending on the cabin selected could work out to actually be less than hotel + food in Atlanta for several days.  Of course the attendees need to get to Miami.  I suppose some people won't go because it's a cruise yet many others will go because it's a cruise.  They're just trying to mix things up.

I can't wait to see if we get a glimpse of Jin in her modesty swimwear on the pool deck!?! Jermy will be in a speedo for sure.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Put a straw boater hat on him and he'll be ready to sing in a barbershop quartet.

And we all know there’s nothing hipster cooler than that!

6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jermy will be in a speedo for sure.

Annnd now I can’t eat my toast. 🤮

• Laugh 13

Well the cost of the cruise might be less as they don't have to staff the numerous bars on the ship, so less crew= less $. And if they book the entire ship they probably get a lower cost.

It sounds like the 6th circle of hell. The 7th circle is being stuck with my religious family for a day.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Poor Jinger. All those days of wrangling Prop, who I suspect is entering the “NONONONO” stage, while RFP preens.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 5

The actual tickets to attend the conference have been pretty cheap. -- Here's the price list for this year. Highest-dollar ticket seems to be $239. Plus an extra $89 if you want to go to the expository-preaching sessions. And an early-bird ticket was just $119.  Very cheap for a three-day conference. ... But they pulled quite a crowd. 

Don't know how many went to breakout star Jer's breakout session. Probably not that many....They hold those right after lunch....But...plenty of schmoozing possibilities. And that's one of his top talents. 

He likes schmoozing with Allie Beth Stuckey, who's a Fox News commentator and thus may be one of the more widely known people at the conference...Like Jer and Jingle, she's on TeeVee regularly...

The photos she chooses of herself are quite different from the way she looks in candid shots, too -- 

image.png.9ff861cf9d8b929dd63af79543cf008f.png

G3 CONFERENCE 2020

DetailsPriceQty

"Pay It Forward" Scholarship$10.00 (USD)  Sold Out

"Pay It Forward" Scholarship (Gold)$50.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Early Bird Registration$119.00 (USD)  Sold Out

General Registration$239.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Free Children (under 17) *Limited$0.00 (USD)  Sold Out

G3 Expository Workshop (January)$89.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Student Registration$199.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Group Registration$209.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Missionary$189.00 (USD)  Sold Out

Skip the Line (Receive G3 Badge by Mail) - *US Only$12.00 (USD)  / bundle Sold Out

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5

4 hours ago, LilJen said:

Put a straw boater hat on him and he'll be ready to sing in a barbershop quartet.

not a good one!

• Laugh 4

I really wonder how Jin (or any Duggar really) handles themselves at these sorts of conferences. These conferences tend to have faux-intellectual academia tone. For people who have never had any sort of schooling about anything I can imagine it being a lot of "blah blah blah ..."

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I really wonder how Jin (or any Duggar really) handles themselves at these sorts of conferences. These conferences tend to have faux-intellectual academia tone. For people who have never had any sort of schooling about anything I can imagine it being a lot of "blah blah blah ..."

She's a woman. She's not expected to "know things" or "have opinions." She's expected to be attractive and submissive, and express admiration for the men around her. I imagine she does just fine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 18

I think they both look great.  I don't see any extra weight on Jeremy that others seem to see.  His pants are well fitted without being the ridiculous skinny, too-short pants so many guys wear.  And I like the non-matching jacket, as an actual matched suit is a bit more stuffy. 

Jinger wears that suit well.  And she looks damn happy. 

I love cruises, so If I had to listen to fundie blabber, I'd definitely want to do it onboard.  And I think Royal Caribbean has the best food.  I actually bought their cookbook to recreate some of their amazing dishes.    

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FD0A0899-B3C5-4CB3-9925-83396FD85CCA.jpeg

It's going to be like that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where the gang goes on the Christian cruise 🤣.

• Laugh 5

I bet Jill Rod would love to go with Shrek and all the kids for free of course! She could be matchmaking while Shrek eats and eats.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Theology at sea - very reminiscent of Scientology!

Sea Org!

• Like 12
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Bold of them to assume Jeremy will actually still be a “celebrity” and desired commodity in 2021. The second the show goes he goes, I would imagine.

Have the Duggars ever taken a cruise?  Should be a nice experience for Jingle.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Bold of them to assume Jeremy will actually still be a “celebrity” and desired commodity in 2021. The second the show goes he goes, I would imagine.

Have the Duggars ever taken a cruise?  Should be a nice experience for Jingle.

Too bad she won’t get to eat much of the cruise food.

I fee sorry for all the poor suckers that have to sit and listen to Jeremy drone on.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy wouldn’t last 1 day in sea org. 

Imagine being the cult member forced to work 55,000 years next to Jeremy. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Royal Caribbean is selling cabins to the public for that cruise.  It's going to Nassau and Labadee (which is Royal Caribbean's private compound on the north shore of Haiti).  Interior cabins start at $385/person, Outside view $478/person, Balcony $554/person, and Suite $1028/person.  And no mention on the website that this conference will also be there.  I would be so freaking pissed if I went on that cruise without knowing this.  It's probably worse than the LuLaRoe one.

• Like 12
  • Useful 8
  • Sad 2

FYI there’s a post on Reddit by waitstaff that had to wait on Jeremy and Jingle a few months ago. Apparently Felicity isn’t the only prop, Jingle seems like a prop wife, and they seem disconnected from each other. Nothing really shocking or surprising, other than a tip to 25%. 

• Useful 16

4 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

To me, complmentarianism is inherently misogynistic. I definitely would have pitched a fit on the cruise you described. I don’t know why women like Jinger go along with this stuff. 

She knows nothing else. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 8

39 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

To me, complmentarianism is inherently misogynistic.

Yep. It’s basically “separate, but unequal.”

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 14
  • Sad 4

43 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

To me, complmentarianism is inherently misogynistic. I definitely would have pitched a fit on the cruise you described. I don’t know why women like Jinger go along with this stuff. 

I'm not Jocelyncavanaugh, but she didn't describe a cruise she went on, but regular conferences.  You may want to read her post again.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

As Leighdear noted, I never went on a cruise like this. Not nitpicking, just want to be clear that I wasn’t claiming to have done that particular event. 

This isn’t the thread for getting into theology, so I’ll just say that complememtariansim is a matter of perspective. People who live by it don’t see it as “unequal,” and women at these conferences generally did not present themselves as inferior or out of place. I’m sure some men thought that, since there are pigs in every facet of society (see above re: academia. I have stories...), but it wasn’t stated or implied in any official capacity. There is nothing curious to me about a woman like Jinger finding fellowship and interest in events like these. I guess you “just have to be there,” as the saying goes. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I read the thread on reddit. The waitress also said Jeremy ordered for both of them and Felicitywas very fussy. Jinger was on her phone the whole time while RFP droned on. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 8
  • Surprise 2

11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I read the thread on reddit. The waitress also said Jeremy ordered for both of them and Felicitywas very fussy. Jinger was on her phone the whole time while RFP droned on. 

I also noticed the waitress said they didn't order anything for Felicity off the kids' menu and she kept grabbing for stuff on Jinger's plate, but she wasn't allowed to have any of it. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

I agree with this.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Ok, I'm just going to say it.

*DEEP BREATH*

Good for Jeremy. Because y'all KNOW that generosity isn't coming from a Duggar. 

Yes I second this. In fact i wonder if TTH ever tips for the swaths of pizza they order.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Yes I second this. In fact i wonder if TTH ever tips for the swaths of pizza they order.

No.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

FYI there’s a post on Reddit by waitstaff that had to wait on Jeremy and Jingle a few months ago. Apparently Felicity isn’t the only prop, Jingle seems like a prop wife, and they seem disconnected from each other. Nothing really shocking or surprising, other than a tip to 25%. 

The tip is the only thing that surprises me. I would have guessed a crappy tip if even that from Jeremy. Good for him. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Fallacy said:

Thanks, I was about to write the same thing!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zella said:

I also noticed the waitress said they didn't order anything for Felicity off the kids' menu and she kept grabbing for stuff on Jinger's plate, but she wasn't allowed to have any of it. 

I wonder if Jinger was allowed to eat all of it.

• Like 4

Just now, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if Jinger was allowed to eat all of it.

Waitress claimed Jeremy was eating off Jinger's plate. It's an unconfirmed Reddit poster, so I do take with a grain of salt, but on the other hand, nothing she said really shocked me. Except for the 25% tip. I can't stand Jeremy, but if he's a good tipper, I will give him credit for that. 

• Like 12

16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure that they will be chartering the entire ship for the G3 2021.  That ship carries 3,114 passengers, so if the attendance was over 5000 in 2020, I'm sure they'll get enough to nearly fill the ship.  I was once on a Christian music cruise with a friend several years ago and while they did have alcohol, the crew were told NOT to sell it.  (I tried to buy a beer and was refused)  When a company charters a ship, they can dictate a lot of things.

I would be very surprised if a cruise ship agreed to NOT sell alcohol on a cruise. Liquor  sales are a huge part of their profits. I bet the price of the tickets are raised to compensate if alcohol sales are forbidden.

Edited to add: I posted before reading @Fosca’s post letting us know the ship is also selling tickets to non-conference passengers. Man, the cruise line better hope these non-G3 cruisers buy a LOT of drinks to make up for the conference attendees if alcohol is sold. (They will probably mutiny if it isn’t.)

And I agree, I’d be very upset to find that I am part of a very small number of passengers stuck on a cruise with the vast majority of passengers being G3 attendees. Ugh. Although the late night “adult” comic shows probably will have plenty of seating! 😉

Edited by Love2dance
  • Like 6

With all of the picture taking, traveling and now cruising, when is Jeremy IN CLASS? I truly believe that he is not liked among his fellow 'classmates'. It's obvious to me, from what the Vuolos post about their day to day activities, free house and travel that Jeremy received over the top favoritism from that school.

• Like 16

7 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well, the boys may have "tipped" your delivery truck over for laughs once or twice....

....and maybe stuck a million-dollar tract under your windshield wiper a time or two...

but "tips" as in "money"? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I would be very surprised if a cruise ship agreed to NOT sell alcohol on a cruise. Liquor  sales are a huge part of their profits. I bet the price of the tickets are raised to compensate if alcohol sales are forbidden.

Edited to add: I posted before reading @Fosca’s post letting us know the ship is also selling tickets to non-conference passengers. Man, the cruise line better hope these non-G3 cruisers buy a LOT of drinks to make up for the conference attendees if alcohol is sold. (They will probably mutiny if it isn’t.)

And I agree, I’d be very upset to find that I am part of a very small number of passengers stuck on a cruise with the vast majority of passengers being G3 attendees. Ugh. Although the late night “adult” comic shows probably will have plenty of seating! 😉

I'm pretty sure the alcohol question gets mixed answers from this group. Most view themselves and comport themselves as part of mainstream culture, not in the Gothard way. And that usually means that you'll have people strongly disapproving of drinking and others saying  it's okay. 

For example, the Missional clothes company that sells the Spurgeon shirt and so on also sells a major selection of beer glasses, bottle openers and flasks with theologians' faces and various Calvinist sayings all over them. (which...well, I have nothing against responsible drinking, but I do find carrying a flask around in modern society a little ... odd.....It was one thing back before there were cars and you were gonna walk 10 miles to the next village on a cold night or something but now.... It seems, um, kind of ostentatious and frat boy to me....LIke something Roger Stone would do.....But I gather there is a frat-boy-ish contingent of Reformed men these days....)

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/flasks

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/pint-glasses

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/bottle-openers

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 7
  • Useful 7

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

With all of the picture taking, traveling and now cruising, when is Jeremy IN CLASS? I truly believe that he is not liked among his fellow 'classmates'. It's obvious to me, from what the Vuolos post about their day to day activities, free house and travel that Jeremy received over the top favoritism from that school.

Well, those who complain of MacArthur always tend to mention these things -- 'John MacArthur is probably the best known Bible teacher in the world today but there is a fundamental lack of integrity in his life.  That is apparent in his nepotism, cronyism,  treatment of “whistleblowers”'......

Grades, financial aid and degrees awarded for...reasons of friendship, and stuff, and without consultation with faculty and so on....

So I suppose nobody's surprised when cronyism strikes again (or at least the suspicion of it strikes -- always possible there's some innocent explanation...) ...Whether Jer's the beneficiary, or others....

The business below about grades and degrees and money all being handed out just cuz, when everybody else feels they have to earn them, seems as if it might be relevant here. Given what at least looks like a very casual and unusual approach by Jeremy to his first year in what others seem to feel is a fairly demanding and expensive grad-school experience.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/08/17/john-macarthurs-the-masters-university-has-been-put-on-probation-by-the-western-association-of-schools-and-colleges/

https://www.gatekeepersonline.com/post/is-john-macarthur-above-reproach

(Students who are children of donors seem to get better institutional aid:)

The AVT noted with concern the auditor findings that “multiple students who are family members of donors or related parties at TMUS received institutional aid … [which] appeared to be above what is typically offered to all students and is an inconsistency in awarding … according to the currently policy.” This is troubling, both for students without such connections, but also as a matter of integrity with donor, tax-exempt donations, and financial aid practices. The lack of timely responsiveness to auditor reports is concerning .

(Grades overridden and PhDs awarded outside of usual practices:)

As noted previously, grading and degree integrity emerged as an area of concern relative to incidents of a grade change in the seminary, outside usual and customary practices. The report was that a faculty member gave a student a failing grade. When the student appealed the grade, the TMS leadership had the assignment regraded by someone other than the professor of record; this second individual issued a passing grade that was recorded in lieu of the faculty member’s assigned grade. Multiple reports were received — through the confidential email file and in conversations with TMS staff and leadership — of doctorates being awarded outside defined program and degree requirements. Faculty processes and voices appear to have been silenced and/or overridden by competing concerns from other sectors of leadership. These are alarming reports as they speak to the meaning, quality, and integrity of a degree from TMS, the integrity of the institution and its leaders, and the fidelity to approved standards

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Well that sounds like a fun evening. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

20 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Well that sounds like a fun evening. 

To their credit, they weren't insisting on sitting glued to each other's side, holding hands and gazing longingly at each other to show off to the world how much in looooove they are, unlike Jinger's parents and siblings.  

• Like 16
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, those who complain of MacArthur always tend to mention these things -- 'John MacArthur is probably the best known Bible teacher in the world today but there is a fundamental lack of integrity in his life.  That is apparent in his nepotism, cronyism,  treatment of “whistleblowers”'......

Grades, financial aid and degrees awarded for...reasons of friendship, and stuff, and without consultation with faculty and so on....

So I suppose nobody's surprised when cronyism strikes again...Whether Jer's the beneficiary, or others....

The business below about grades and degrees and money all being handed out just cuz, when everybody else feels they have to earn them, seems as if it might be relevant here. Given what at least looks like a very casual and unusual approach by Jeremy to his first year in what others seem to feel is a fairly demanding grad-school experience.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/08/17/john-macarthurs-the-masters-university-has-been-put-on-probation-by-the-western-association-of-schools-and-colleges/

https://www.gatekeepersonline.com/post/is-john-macarthur-above-reproach

(Students who are children of donors seem to get better institutional aid:)

The AVT noted with concern the auditor findings that “multiple students who are family members of donors or related parties at TMUS received institutional aid … [which] appeared to be above what is typically offered to all students and is an inconsistency in awarding … according to the currently policy.” This is troubling, both for students without such connections, but also as a matter of integrity with donor, tax-exempt donations, and financial aid practices. The lack of timely responsiveness to auditor reports is concerning .

(Grades overridden and PhDs awarded outside of usual practices:)

As noted previously, grading and degree integrity emerged as an area of concern relative to incidents of a grade change in the seminary, outside usual and customary practices. The report was that a faculty member gave a student a failing grade. When the student appealed the grade, the TMS leadership had the assignment regraded by someone other than the professor of record; this second individual issued a passing grade that was recorded in lieu of the faculty member’s assigned grade. Multiple reports were received — through the confidential email file and in conversations with TMS staff and leadership — of doctorates being awarded outside defined program and degree requirements. Faculty processes and voices appear to have been silenced and/or overridden by competing concerns from other sectors of leadership. These are alarming reports as they speak to the meaning, quality, and integrity of a degree from TMS, the integrity of the institution and its leaders, and the fidelity to approved standards

Yuck.  And who would want an ill begotten degree.  Is that even correct?  But you know what I mean.  Like honorary doctorate.  Meaningless in the real world.

• Like 6

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.