Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Spurgie-like curls

Spurge's curls are on their last legs....  

I was going to make a comment about her hair.  It looks like she was just rolling around with a blanket on her head or something.  They should really comb her hair!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2020 at 12:57 AM, kokapetl said:

Kind of a dressy top for cooking.

Isn’t that the same green top from the baking photos? All taken on the same day and being drip fed to make it seem like Jing cooks regularly 

• Love 10

Babies definitely don't ever go through phases that might affect how they respond to external stimuli differently than how they did in the past. Babies are rigidly fixed at birth and never change their reaction to stimuli.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

13 HOURS AGO,  GEEGOLLY SAID: 

I think some women wear the nylon no-show type peds, when wearing dresses or skirts with bare legs.

galaxychaser said:  I do.

———————————————————————

I have tried many brands of ped type nylons, but they tend to slip off my toes or heels. Also, in most of my shoes you can see them down the sides of my shoes....very unattractive. 😥 Is there a secret I don’t know about wearing them? I can’t stand the feeling of my bare feet in closed shoes.

OT: I don’t find Jinger’s legs unattractive, but maybe she could use the ped’s secret too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

I think some women wear the nylon no-show type peds, when wearing dresses or skirts with bare legs.

———————————————————————

I have tried many brands of ped type nylons, but they tend to slip off my toes or heels. Also, in most of my shoes you can see them down the sides of my shoes....very unattractive. 😥 Is there a secret I don’t know about wearing them? I can’t stand the feeling of my bare feet in closed shoes.

OT: I don’t find Jinger’s legs unattractive, but maybe she could use the ped’s secret too.

In addition to Jinger, I think Joy would find no-show peds helpful. While I don't wear pumps, I do wear flats and clogs. My feet are small, the key for me was finding ones that fit - or too small even. If the peds are too big, the heel part sticks out and the peds slide down into the shoe - ALL day. It also depends on the shoe. For clogs like Michelle wears, my favorite brand are, ironically, Nike. For flats like Joy wears, with a peek of toe cleavage, I have a couple of pairs from, I think Kohls.

To avoid gross feet like Joys, I'd rather deal with readjusting my sock once or twice throughout the day if they slip down.

I'm guessing Jinger and Grandma gave up on washing socks for 9 girls in addition to the 10 boys. I think Jinger and her sisters wear ankle boots (maybe all shoes?) without socks. You really can't take all the Duggar out of these girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well we know Joy doesn't mind having filthy feet unless Austin, the boss of her, tell her to clean them up.  Not everyone's feet sweat and smell.  I am not bragging because I am cold all the time unless I am outside in the dead of summer in high humidity. Then I will sweat. I go to zumba and while the others are sweating, the most I can get is my hands to finally warm up. It is my nature.  I am old.  Always have been this way and have a regulated thyroid.  So, my feet don't sweat.  Even in gym shoes.  So my shoes don't get awful.  Honestly.  Also, Mr lookeyloo doesn't have body odor.  How odd is that?  Since the ex Mr. lookeyloo didn't either.  I have a good nose and can tell on others.  There are invisible ped like things now that have a strip of sticky across the heel.  I wear them sometimes because they looked intriguing.  I haven't ever sweat through them though.  I doubt any Duggars would check out Amazon!  Oh wait, Jessa admitted to it.  I don't know if Jinger wears pantyhose, invisible ped like things, or even if her feet smell.  I would think if she were uncomfortable from blisters she would have the sense to address that.  I know, Duggars, we do things different, but, Jeremy isn't a Duggar and wouldn't he maybe say "Babe, here's a magic thing called a band-aid.  Maybe you should wear - what are those things ladies wear? Pantyhose, sock?"  PS I don't wear pantyhose anymore even with dresses.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

———————————————————————

The Bombas brand of no-show are wonderful. Maybe Jinger has found them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Can't fault his post.  Short and sweet and he referenced all of the victims.

Agreed! I already mostly expressed my opinion about this in the other thread, but I think if someone is going to do a reference, this is the way to do it. It is a terrible tragedy that transcends just a famous person with a problematic past. 

• Love 13

Jeremy annoys the crap out of me, but I'll give him points for acknowledging all the victims. To hear some media tell it, you'd think Kobe was the only one on that chopper.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy annoys the crap out of me, but I'll give him points for acknowledging all the victims. To hear some media tell it, you'd think Kobe was the only one on that chopper.

Yeah I've seen so many headlines that don't reference anyone else's death. I get that most people won't know who the other people are but that shouldn't prevent them from being acknowledged. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Who took that short vide of them walking?

Jeremy, I think. That's his brother walking with their dad, not Jer, isn't it?

I see three women and then two men in Felicity's wake, or did I miscount....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Yet one more posed, pre-determined little stupid post. It's so calculated and measured. I hate that.

I have a feeling little PubliciTEE is just trying to run away from her crazy, awkward family.

Run, Lizzy. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Yet one more posed, pre-determined little stupid post. It's so calculated and measured. I hate that.

This. All their posts seem incredibly calculated and not at all natural or in the moment. I am sure the others are calculated with their posts, but most of them do not seem as blatant as JinJer's.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This. All their posts seem incredibly calculated and not at all natural or in the moment. I am sure the others are calculated with their posts, but most of them do not seem as blatant as JinJer's.

Exactly. JinJer have timing for everything. Nothing is real life about it.

Look at the way Jing is walking in the video. It's showing off as I see it. I don't have a clue what she is showing off, LOL, but I feel it's about her change of style etc.

I would love to see a pic/post of FeliciTee just playing like a normal, average kid. With a doll,  a stuffed animal, a kid appropriate toy. That would seem more authentic than the way they prance her around like an adult who enjoys restaurants and other adulty things.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Well, I think Jer and Jingle are more conscious of really really trying to monetize their social media as a major moneymaker than the others, for whom it's more of a sidelight, suggested in some cases by the family PR person, most likely, and not necessarily something they think of as a career themselves. 

Plus, being so far from Arkansas -- and Jer not even being a part of that world at all -- I think they're probably a lot more conscious of the audience of strangers they're trying to address .... and in their case it's more consciously both the public and corporations they hope to woo.... 

Put all that together and it's going to make most of us stiff and unnatural communicators. It's the difference between the cover letter for your resume and notes to your best friends. It's nearly impossible for us to write those cover letters with the naturalness and relaxed tone we use with friends.....even in cases where that would be appropriate and we're strongly advised to do it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

I would love to see a pic/post of FeliciTee just playing like a normal, average kid. With a doll,  a stuffed animal, a kid appropriate toy. That would seem more authentic than the way they prance her around like an adult who enjoys restaurants and other adulty things.

Then you should look at their instagram stories. I saw Felicity playing soccer, playing with a doll, wooden toys (which I really give them credit for, I hate most of the plastic toys), spending time at a playground etc. . When I look at their insta stories I see a normal joyful kid. 

With Jinger and Jeremy constantly posting old pictures I think they don't spend as much time in restaurants as most people think. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Love this!!!

I love that it rhymes with Felicity. I usually don’t call the young children anything but their names, but I will not be able to resist calling Felicity this from now on. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 3:06 PM, Lunera said:

Jeremy posts about the victims.

Screenshot_20200128-115133_Instagram.thumb.jpg.cc6f344b11f41b8004c840258d96ea5b.jpg

I like this post. It;s short and to the point and appropriate and references the fact that this was a huge loss for several families. I also think it's strange that Jessa, Jinger, and Jill all married jocks who are/were pretty into sports, and they show no interest in sports. Sports is often an easy way for married couples to bond. Actually it's a way for families with small kids to bond too.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I like this post. It;s short and to the point and appropriate and references the fact that this was a huge loss for several families. I also think it's strange that Jessa, Jinger, and Jill all married jocks who are/were pretty into sports, and they show no interest in sports. Sports is often an easy way for married couples to bond. Actually it's a way for families with small kids to bond too.

I wouldn't say Jill married a jock. Derick was a mascot, right? Not an actual athlete. And what did Bin play? Was he a jock?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I wouldn't say Jill married a jock. Derick was a mascot, right? Not an actual athlete. And what did Bin play? Was he a jock?

Derick was on the track team in high school and still wears his varsity jacket on occasion. The Seewald family does recreational sports like ice skating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Derick being on the track team doesn't make him a jock, imo. And just because someone was a jock doesn't mean they follow basketball. Even Jeremy being a former professional soccer player doesn't mean he ordinarily gives a shit about basketball.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy and Kobe are both from suburban Philly. I'm sure Jeremy knew of Kobe's roots and possibly followed his career. 

I understand that, but I'm just confused by the reasoning that all jocks would care about basketball. I know a lot of people who are "jocks" and don't follow all sports. Unless one of the Duggar in-laws has shown an actual interest in basketball, I would hesitate to assume they followed Kobe's career or had any interest in him until his recent death made headlines.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7

I'm only speaking for Jeremy, not the rest of the Duggars. He certainly seems invested in Kobe's death, even tweeting that he too was a #girldad. For whatever reason, this struck a chord with him. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm only speaking for Jeremy, not the rest of the Duggars. He certainly seems invested in Kobe's death, even tweeting that he too was a #girldad. For whatever reason, this struck a chord with him. 

Because it’s the hot news story du jour?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The fact he lives in L.A. so it's a local story for him might be part of it too.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was wall to wall news in LA. But Jeremy thought enough of it to make multiple posts on Twitter about it. I imagine most Angelinos didn't take it to that point.

Could just be one of those news stories that randomly got him. Perhaps it was the girl dad aspect that got him in light of his own daughter and made him start contemplating how sudden you can be out of here. I am happy to be proven wrong, but I've never seen any evidence Jeremy follows basketball, so I think whatever it is that is pulling at his heartstrings doesn't have anything to do with being an NBA or Kobe fan.

• Love 3
Just now, Zella said:

Could just be one of those news stories that randomly got him. Perhaps it was the girl dad aspect that got him in light of his own daughter and made him start contemplating how sudden you can be out of here. I am happy to be proven wrong, but I've never seen any evidence Jeremy follows basketball, so I think whatever it is that is pulling at his heartstrings doesn't have anything to do with being an NBA or Kobe fan.

If Jeremy cared so much about his daughter he would do as Kobe and his wife did - never fly together on the same flight. But poor little Jinger provably couldn’t handle staying home or traveling without a man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If Jeremy cared so much about his daughter he would do as Kobe and his wife did - never fly together on the same flight. But poor little Jinger provably couldn’t handle staying home or traveling without a man.

To be fair, though, one is more likely to die in a car crash than an air accident, but I don't know anyone who drives in separate cars for that reason. I've had family die in wrecks and we still ride together. It doesn't mean we love each either or other relatives who would be affected any less.

I'm NOT a Jeremy fan at all, but I guess I have so many random news stories that stay with me that I don't know that he has to have a reason why this one seems to have affected him. I suppose it could be him being a fame whore in general, but it does seem to have struck a chord with him.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

He could have been a Kobe fan, but not necessarily an NBA fan. A lot of people follow a particular athlete without following the entire league. I followed local boy Gary Payton's career without following the NBA at large. 

• Love 6