Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

1 hour ago, Zella said:

TBH, I think Jinger may find Jeremy exhausting at times because I suspect she might be somewhat introverted, but I doubt she has any embarrassment over Jeremy's grifting. Her dad is just as shameless and embarrassing in public. I doubt she even realizes how embarrassing it comes across from either one of them.

Jinger and Jessa seemed to be the only ones with enough sense to be embarrassed by their family when they were teens. Jeremy is as much of a grifter as JB but mostly without the ridiculous antics, so it's likely she sees him as a huge step up. Grifting is fine as long as you look "good" doing it, I guess.

Or maybe she's still dickmatized and doesn't notice.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I picture it more like their agent making the contacts in an exchange of mutual publicity.  

For a lunch? I have zero idea how this works, but the effort seems out of proportion to the payoff?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

For a lunch? I have zero idea how this works, but the effort seems out of proportion to the payoff?

Building up a large and attractive enough photo resume hoping to get paid more than giant sandwiches?  As Churchie has said, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive message to their attempts at influencing.  Donuts,  burgers and pocket squares, oh my!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Building up a large and attractive enough photo resume hoping to get paid more than giant sandwiches?  As Churchie has said, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive message to their attempts at influencing.  Donuts,  burgers and pocket squares, oh my!

Oh, listen to Little Miss “I use a napkin to wipe my mouth after downing a greasy burger and fonut”.  You’re supposed to wipe yourself down with a pocket square, it’s a classical way of doing things. 

• Laugh 13

I have no idea whether Jin has the mental acuity to put together the idea of gritfy father = grifty headship, or not.  In her case, ignorance probably does equal bliss.  

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have no idea whether Jin has the mental acuity to put together the idea of gritfy father = grifty headship, or not.  In her case, ignorance probably does equal bliss.  

I don't think she makes any connection.  She's been immunized against noticing anything unusual in that behavior.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

I think Jinger's picked up on the fact she is from a family of hicks, and that embarrasses her. But her and Jeremy's behavior in that one episode--which I didn't watch--in which they apparently acted superior to Joe and Kendra makes me think they are their own form of snobby gauche boors. 

And yeah I totally think the grifting doesn't bother her. Hell, she joins in! 

• Like 20
  • Sad 3

Jeremy was especially bad at that dinner with JoKen, but Jinger wasn't entirely without blame either. Definitely condescending. 

• Like 18
  • Sad 2

On 1/6/2020 at 9:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

As I said above, she probably didn't even eat the bun. 😕

But. Did she eat ANYTHING? It looks like maybe a little bite out of whatever circular item is at the top.

Jing doesn't eat. Much.

• Like 9

Just now, Fig Newton said:

But. Did she eat ANYTHING? It looks like maybe a little bite out of whatever circular item is at the top.

Jing doesn't eat. Much.

I agree and still suspect that she has an eating disorder of some kind.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My opinion is that Jinger is living the life she imagined for herself. 

I think she's living the life she imagined she could never live. Yet, here she is living it. Good thing she didn't listen to her sisters and pray to be happy living next to a Walmart.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 4

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I think it was Mechelle who brought up Walmart.

Yup, I was mixing the two to be funny.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

To me it just seems like Jingle thinks she is better than everyone else because she fancies herself an "influencer" in LA. LA! She can't be bothered with the Arkansas people anymore.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

What's up with RFP's hair? That pouf is channeling Danny Zuko. 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

I wonder if Jinger realizes that a one year old taking daily afternoon strolls with both her parents is rare. A one year old taking daily afternoon walks with one parent is even rare these days, because in many families both parents work.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

I’m starting to pick up a toddler pageant vibe...

It’s always Prop or food. There’s nothing else to photograph in LA?

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Maybe someone else can crop a screenshot of Jinger's (I tried, too big). Lissy is RFP's doppelganger.

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's up with RFP's hair? That pouf is channeling Danny Zuko. 😂

Please don’t be mean to Danny Zuko!!!

• Laugh 7

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jinger realizes that a one year old taking daily afternoon strolls with both her parents is rare. A one year old taking daily afternoon walks with one parent is even rare these days, because in many families both parents work.

That was my thought as well. Also, I wonder why she loves dressing like an 80's realtor so much. Does she secretly wish she had an office job, or is that just the look that Jeremy prefers? Somewhere in Jeremy's childhood, a hot blonde realtor must have sold them a house, and boom! His ideal woman was conceived in his mind. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 21

3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That was my thought as well. Also, I wonder why she loves dressing like an 80's realtor so much. Does she secretly wish she had an office job, or is that just the look that Jeremy prefers? Somewhere in Jeremy's childhood, a hot blonde realtor must have sold them a house, and boom! His ideal woman was conceived in his mind. 

I'm torn between the laugh and the cry response. 

I've been hoping that Jingle secretly covets a career.......Taking off only from the report of her comment regarding the Chaplin-related house and its potential to spark their "career." ....Think I'll continue hoping that and just ignore my strong feeling that you're right about Jer's lifelong fantasy. 🙄

• Laugh 6

14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger looks like she's on her way to her office job. She looked the most natural with Felicity when she got papped. The power suits and church dresses age her. 

I love her purple shoes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger looks like she's on her way to her office job. She looked the most natural with Felicity when she got papped. The power suits and church dresses age her. 

I love her purple shoes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm torn between the laugh and the cry response. 

I've been hoping that Jingle secretly covets a career.......Taking off only from the report of her comment regarding the Chaplin-related house and its potential to spark their "career." ....Think I'll continue hoping that and just ignore my strong feeling that you're right about Jer's lifelong fantasy. 🙄

Jeremy met this woman in the nineties, and nothing has been the same since!

i get the feeling...and I hope I'm wrong...that either:

1. Jeremy didn't really like who Jinger was, but married her for the fame, knowing she was "meek" enough to conform to his ideal of a woman, or...

2. Jinger is changing herself into the kind of woman Jeremy fantasizes about, because he shares so many of his "temptations" with her. 

IMG_6690.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Is it my imagination or is Jinger wearing pumps?  I don't remember ever seeing the Duggar and Bates' girls wearing heels, only wedges.  First pants and now heels; okay Jing; I see you.

I think the purple shoes are flats, but her feet are raised since she's in a mid-stride position. It's hard to tell if they're heels or flats. If they're heels, they're very low. 

• Like 2

I think JInger's outfit is fine.  I have no idea what is so egregious about it.  I'm not fashion-blind, just accepting of someone wearing an item that is not the trend of the hour (minute).

• Like 9

I don't think anyone is saying that her outfit is egregious, it's just rather formal and not what one would expect when taking a stroll with your toddler daughter.  Now, of course, we really don't know where she was prior to this photo being taken.  The only thing I can imagine was that they were at church.  If someone didn't know her better, they might think it's after work and she hasn't had time to change.  But we know she doesn't work.

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Is it my imagination or is Jinger wearing pumps?  I don't remember ever seeing the Duggar and Bates' girls wearing heels, only wedges.  First pants and now heels; okay Jing; I see you.

OMG. The Bates girls wear F*** Me Baby shoes all the time.

Remember: Jinger had no fashion role model growing up....only Mull in her puffy green blouse and nun-aspirant shoes. Or when she and JB dolled up for one of the weddings as Jim Bobber and the Silver Mullet Band.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

My guess is they’re Rothys. Over $100/pair. https://rothys.com/products/the-point-berry-lattice-stitch

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

I don't think the Duggars wear pumps a lot or at all, but I think that's more because they're rural rather than their modesty standards. As much as they have modesty standards about a lot of things, there are no modesty standards re: footwear.

• Like 3

We've been talking about how Jeremy doesn't bring any perspective to his food posts other than he likes to eat. If this is his attempt to upgrade his content . . . I think he should go back to posting about liking food. 😉 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 8

Is it possible he has some other stealth account somewhere where he posts actual religious and/or pastoresque and/or scholarly posts that have something, anything to do with what he’s supposedly going to school for?

I am more and more suspicious that the MacArthur bros shitcanned RFP before Christmas and he’s just keeping it quiet.

If in fact they originally gave him a free ride as the new, younger, hipster face of MacArthurville, he’s doing less than nothing, SM-wise, to earn it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Ben is on point. He likes healthy foods.

Jeremy is...well, showing his true colors...he's a FOODIE!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it possible he has some other stealth account somewhere where he posts actual religious and/or pastoresque and/or scholarly posts that have something, anything to do with what he’s supposedly going to school for?

I am more and more suspicious that the MacArthur bros shitcanned RFP before Christmas and he’s just keeping it quiet.

If in fact they originally gave him a free ride as the new, younger, hipster face of MacArthurville, he’s doing less than nothing, SM-wise, to earn it.

Do they have a publicly viewable student directory? We had a private one at my undergrad college, which we referred to as stalkernet. LOL 

I'm not finding an obvious one. 😞

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do they have a publicly viewable student directory? We had a private one at my undergrad college, which we referred to as stalkernet. LOL 

I'm not finding an obvious one. 😞

Me, either, but then I lack your ninja investigative skills...

I do note that he’s not listed anywhere on the site...not even in the “Admissions Team” which would be a logical place to put an insincere schmoozer. I did a search on his last name and zilch.

But then I started to have an allergic reaction to so many smug middle-aged white guy faces and had to exit and clear my cookies. So to speak.

ETA: Five minutes on that site put 13+ MEG of cookies and tracking crap on my iPad. Euewwww....

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 9
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I do note that he’s not listed anywhere on the site...not even in the “Admissions Team” which would be a logical place to put an insincere schmoozer. I did a search on his last name and zilch.

But then I started to have an allergic reaction to so many smug middle-aged white guy faces and had to exit and clear my cookies. So to speak.

I'm wondering if more and more schools are making them private--only accessible with a log-in. My friends and I were such little creeps with our stalkernet. The minute someone's name was mentioned, off we'd go for a peek! 😂

• Laugh 6

8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

ETA: Five minutes on that site put 13+ MEG of cookies and tracking crap on my iPad. Euewwww....

I believe he's said that his job is at the church, not at the seminary, actually. 

.And there he's probably just some kind of office flunky.

I've looked around there a bit, and as far as I can tell, all the members of the church staff they deign to mention are also elders of the church. There's a big page of photos of those guys and the ones who also hold paying jobs at the church have their jobs listed. (such as Jer's pal Mahoney)

But a church of that size is obviously going to have numerous office workers (many of them women) and maintenance staff and so on. And none of those people are even named on the website that I can see, let alone pictured. (which annoys me -- I'm used to churches where the whole staff is acknowledged because they do the work that keeps the organization functioning, day in and day out....but I digress.)

Anyway, I expect Jer's currently in that category, since his job is basically a student-aid job to give him walking-around money while he's in LA, I think. So since he's not an elder of the congregation, his name won't turn up. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

I find it somewhat odd that he has a job at all.  I would think that he would need as much time as possible to study, especially with a toddler daughter.  Of course many people have worked and went to school at the same time, me included but we really do not know their true financial situation, but they make it appear as if they are quite well off, so why work when school is your number one priority?  It could be he just enjoys working...   Could the job be some sort of requirement of his program?  Could it be connected to the housing they have been given?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

15 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It could be he just enjoys working.

As there is ZERO evidence that he either works or studies, I suspect they call it some form of Work Study thing that goes with his scholarship, just like the freebie housing.

I just wonder how long this whole cushy setup can last. Unless Jer’s doing an amazingly stealthy and thorough job of kissing MacArthur’s behind when he’s not playing with Instagram, I just can’t see it. Especially since guys like MacArthur usually want their beneficence acknowledged loudly, publicly and frequently.

• Like 13

I either forgot or didn't know Jer was working at the school.

I know we only see pic here and there and Jer really could be devoting a lot of time to school and work. I managed to complete my Master's as a mom/wife and work a full-time job. I'm guessing he can manage school and dining out. But what is odd is he never mentions school at all.

If it's because Influencers should be neutral, it's a little to late for that. In addition to Jinger's Fundy status, Jeremy's is out there too.

Someone needs to ask him how his studies are going on SM.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.