Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Is it possible he has some other stealth account somewhere where he posts actual religious and/or pastoresque and/or scholarly posts that have something, anything to do with what he’s supposedly going to school for?

I am more and more suspicious that the MacArthur bros shitcanned RFP before Christmas and he’s just keeping it quiet.

If in fact they originally gave him a free ride as the new, younger, hipster face of MacArthurville, he’s doing less than nothing, SM-wise, to earn it.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it possible he has some other stealth account somewhere where he posts actual religious and/or pastoresque and/or scholarly posts that have something, anything to do with what he’s supposedly going to school for?

I am more and more suspicious that the MacArthur bros shitcanned RFP before Christmas and he’s just keeping it quiet.

If in fact they originally gave him a free ride as the new, younger, hipster face of MacArthurville, he’s doing less than nothing, SM-wise, to earn it.

Do they have a publicly viewable student directory? We had a private one at my undergrad college, which we referred to as stalkernet. LOL 

I'm not finding an obvious one. 😞

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do they have a publicly viewable student directory? We had a private one at my undergrad college, which we referred to as stalkernet. LOL 

I'm not finding an obvious one. 😞

Me, either, but then I lack your ninja investigative skills...

I do note that he’s not listed anywhere on the site...not even in the “Admissions Team” which would be a logical place to put an insincere schmoozer. I did a search on his last name and zilch.

But then I started to have an allergic reaction to so many smug middle-aged white guy faces and had to exit and clear my cookies. So to speak.

ETA: Five minutes on that site put 13+ MEG of cookies and tracking crap on my iPad. Euewwww....

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I do note that he’s not listed anywhere on the site...not even in the “Admissions Team” which would be a logical place to put an insincere schmoozer. I did a search on his last name and zilch.

But then I started to have an allergic reaction to so many smug middle-aged white guy faces and had to exit and clear my cookies. So to speak.

I'm wondering if more and more schools are making them private--only accessible with a log-in. My friends and I were such little creeps with our stalkernet. The minute someone's name was mentioned, off we'd go for a peek! 😂

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

ETA: Five minutes on that site put 13+ MEG of cookies and tracking crap on my iPad. Euewwww....

I believe he's said that his job is at the church, not at the seminary, actually. 

.And there he's probably just some kind of office flunky.

I've looked around there a bit, and as far as I can tell, all the members of the church staff they deign to mention are also elders of the church. There's a big page of photos of those guys and the ones who also hold paying jobs at the church have their jobs listed. (such as Jer's pal Mahoney)

But a church of that size is obviously going to have numerous office workers (many of them women) and maintenance staff and so on. And none of those people are even named on the website that I can see, let alone pictured. (which annoys me -- I'm used to churches where the whole staff is acknowledged because they do the work that keeps the organization functioning, day in and day out....but I digress.)

Anyway, I expect Jer's currently in that category, since his job is basically a student-aid job to give him walking-around money while he's in LA, I think. So since he's not an elder of the congregation, his name won't turn up. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I find it somewhat odd that he has a job at all.  I would think that he would need as much time as possible to study, especially with a toddler daughter.  Of course many people have worked and went to school at the same time, me included but we really do not know their true financial situation, but they make it appear as if they are quite well off, so why work when school is your number one priority?  It could be he just enjoys working...   Could the job be some sort of requirement of his program?  Could it be connected to the housing they have been given?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It could be he just enjoys working.

As there is ZERO evidence that he either works or studies, I suspect they call it some form of Work Study thing that goes with his scholarship, just like the freebie housing.

I just wonder how long this whole cushy setup can last. Unless Jer’s doing an amazingly stealthy and thorough job of kissing MacArthur’s behind when he’s not playing with Instagram, I just can’t see it. Especially since guys like MacArthur usually want their beneficence acknowledged loudly, publicly and frequently.

• Love 13

I either forgot or didn't know Jer was working at the school.

I know we only see pic here and there and Jer really could be devoting a lot of time to school and work. I managed to complete my Master's as a mom/wife and work a full-time job. I'm guessing he can manage school and dining out. But what is odd is he never mentions school at all.

If it's because Influencers should be neutral, it's a little to late for that. In addition to Jinger's Fundy status, Jeremy's is out there too.

Someone needs to ask him how his studies are going on SM.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I find it somewhat odd that he has a job at all.  I would think that he would need as much time as possible to study, especially with a toddler daughter.  Of course many people have worked and went to school at the same time, me included but we really do not know their true financial situation, but they make it appear as if they are quite well off, so why work when school is your number one priority?  It could be he just enjoys working...   Could the job be some sort of requirement of his program?  Could it be connected to the housing they have been given?

Yeah, I think the job may be connected to the housing, ostensibly at least. I don't think the housing was any kind of official thing. I've read through their handbook and looked around the website and nothing I've seen says anything either about the school helping students afford LA housing or about the existence of any kind of campus jobs or work-study.

But I expect that, since MacArthur apparently arranged for the free housing, he may have given Jer a job at the church -- and portrays it as what Jer's doing to earn the house, should anyone inquire -- so people can't complain that he's getting a house for nothing except being the big boy's little pet.

Playing favorites -- including by directing money to people for no reason except that they're his bros -- is one of the many things complaining students, faculty and alumni have stressed about MacArthur.  And WASC definitely recognized those complaints. So I would think he'd have to be a little careful right now to avoid having any of his faves appear to get something that no other students get -- and to get it for nothing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I find it odd that we don’t hear anything about RFP doing any sort of preaching these days. Many years ago I attended divinity school (not to be a minister) and all of the students in the ministry program did guest preaching or something similar. It’s interesting to me that ever since he left his church in Laredo, we rarely hear anything about him doing any kind of ministry work.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

They did go to Florida several months back and he did a preaching gig, but crickets after that.  Of course, he thinks that he is an expert and probably feels he should be the one teaching the classes.

After their move to LA, his social media presence barely reveals that he was/is or is going to be a pastor.  I was expecting much more fanfare about his courses, studying and using his God-given gifts.

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I find it odd that we don’t hear anything about RFP doing any sort of preaching these days. Many years ago I attended divinity school (not to be a minister) and all of the students in the ministry program did guest preaching or something similar. It’s interesting to me that ever since he left his church in Laredo, we rarely hear anything about him doing any kind of ministry work.

It is SOP in our synod that the seminarians spend the Christmas holidays and part of summer working on their pastoral skills. Which includes counseling parishioners and ministering to the disabled and elderly.

Then, if qualified, they are placed in a year long Vicar position based on their current skill level.  And after all that, they still have to be called by a congregation to serve as their pastor.  I am beyond clueless about how this works with Jer's career goal of what???

I want to add that I didn't  realize he is already 32, two plus years older than my oldest nephew.  My nephew is now well established in his career and recently upgraded from a condo to a house.  I guess not being an influencer can be a better career track.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They said on the show that they would have to move in six months. 

Guess what? 😁

They don't have to move?

11 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Have we ever heard about him doing any kind of ministry work? (Not just joke, but I'm seriously asking.)

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Have we ever heard about him doing any kind of ministry work?

Nope, but that doesn't mean he isn't doing it.  The last thing a pastor should do is broadcast his ministering to the public.  He may actually be bright enough to know this.

• Love 6

Nope, but that doesn't mean he isn't doing it.  The last thing a pastor should do is broadcast his ministering to the public.  He may actually be bright enough to know this.

He had no problem posting religious stuff on social media before he moved to LA but has dialed it down. Ministers post plenty on social media - including RFP’s favorite, McArthur. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

They don't have to move?

Have we ever heard about him doing any kind of ministry work? (Not just joke, but I'm seriously asking.)

It doesn't look like they're going anywhere. 

And no, we haven't heard anything about RFP's ministry work since he started school, other than that one gig he had that was mentioned above. That, however, didn't seem to have anything to do with the Master's Seminary. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

He had no problem posting religious stuff on social media before he moved to LA but has dialed it down. Ministers post plenty on social media - including RFP’s favorite, McArthur. 

Which fits with my theory -- which is that while he courted an invitation from MacArthur to go the LA seminary he secretly (maybe even secretly from himself) went to LA mainly for the purpose of getting to LA....and, as a result of getting to LA, becoming some kind of famous media guy.

...A famous media minister, if absolutely necessary, but preferably one who has to do as little ministering as possible except for show-offy ministering......and -- in his biggest dreams -- some other non-ministerial kind of famous person -- who'd have to work less and get to flaunt his charms in front of the general public via the media much more. 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

His head looks weirdly small...maybe it’s shrinking...

...because there's so little inside to help it keep its shape? 

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

School starts next week, but someone in the comments said that they couldn't wait to hear him speak at G3 ( in Atlanta, IIRC) next week.

This'll be his third year there, I think? So that's his minist-ery thing. He only speaks to large crowds that come from a distance to hear him. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm shocked that there are women in the roster.

Two of them, Peace and Jankovic, write books in slightly different flavors telling women to stay in their place. (I'm pretty sure they're mainly there to speak to separate sessions attended only by the accompanying wives...)

The third one -- Stuckey -- is basically a conservative political commentator who probably appeals to this group because she's under 30, female and blond, all of which they like in women generally but especially in conservative political commentators. She pretends to dislike sexism, but I'd hate to think what she actually means by that. .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 13
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Is he serious? He's the guy posting staged pictures and trying to make a career as an influencer and he's calling out people for being fake on social media. 

Also, he's only friends with these guys because they're rich and letting him live in their house for free.

And the worst part is, he imagines we'll think he means all this bull and consider it a sermon we should take to heart since it's coming from such a role model.

....Well, no, I guess the worst part is that an alarming number of people will think he means all this bull and will consider it a sermon they should take to heart since it's coming from such a role model. 

Also: I think he's auditioning for modeling agencies again in this shot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And the worst part is, he imagines we'll think he means all this bull and consider it a sermon we should take to heart since it's coming from such a role model.

....Well, no, I guess the worst part is that an alarming number of people will think he means all this bull and will consider it a sermon they should take to heart since it's coming from such a role model. 

Also: I think he's auditioning for modeling agencies again in this shot. 

Except male models are skinny, pale, very young anorexics with full heads of hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder if he's disenchanted with Masters for some reason and he's distancing himself online because he may make a change......

He'll make a change if Wilhelmina or Ford Models calls! 

2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Except male models are skinny, pale, very young anorexics with full heads of hair.

I don't think Jer's aware that he doesn't look like this....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The third one -- Stuckey -- is basically a conservative political commentator who probably appeals to this group because she's under 30, female and blond, all of which they like in women generally but especially in conservative political commentators. She pretends to dislike sexism, but I'd hate to think what she actually means by that. .... 

I looked through her Instagram. She did a video with Fancy Pants in October. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yet he didn’t post anything about that?

You’d think he’d be all over that if he were serious about this whole ministry thing.

It would have required him to put down his gourmet burger and latte. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I've been tempted to ask him how his first semester went, but I'm afraid to get blocked if things didn't go well. 😁

I asked how he’s posting to social media without the apps on his phone. I’m sure that’s the last straw and I’ll be banned. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 3

Several times or more he has done a “sermon” on Instagram stories on Sunday mornings before church. I haven’t made it through any of them, but that’s the only pastoral type post I’ve seen from him since moving to LA

• Useful 7
On 1/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, Zella said:

Ah okay that makes sense about the intercession. I can't see Jeremy taking that voluntarily. LOL 

@galaxychaser I don't know how to do this. Apologies if I screw it up. LOL

When is he gonna stop posting the awkward eating faces?! It always looks like some weird combo of having constipation, taking a shit, and having an orgasm.

Good lord.....  he looks like Dracula chomping into a neck!  😲

• LOL 14
On 12/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, Christina87 said:

It mClass akes zero sense to me...Jinger could either be a dark haired woman of above average attractiveness, or a hot mess who looks like she's living out a nightmare of a midlife crisis. Go back to black, Jing!

I really believe that the personality can make a troll look like Heidi Klum, and vice versa, but looks-wise, Jinger is a strong 7.   Personality brings her to an 8, but her trying to impress Jeremy brings her back to a 7.  She needs to deepen the brown and get some honey highlights or balayage to warm her up.  Jeremy would do well with a brown paper Kroger bag over his head.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I really believe that the personality can make a troll look like Heidi Klum, and vice versa, but looks-wise, Jinger is a strong 7.   Personality brings her to an 8, but her trying to impress Jeremy brings her back to a 7.  She needs to deepen the brown and get some honey highlights or balayage to warm her up.  Jeremy would do well with a brown paper Kroger bag over his head.

I always thought Jinger was sort of cute but never really a looker. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, zenme said:

What personality?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4