Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I wonder if Jinger isn’t exhausted and mortified by RFP trying to grift all these meals. I can see him walking in with her and Prop, asking to speak to the manager and then doing the “breakout stars” song and dance to have the meal comped. Then Jinger gets to eat two whole bites while wrangling a fractious toddler while he stuffs his maw.

I would rather stay home and eat corn flakes and maybe, at this point, she would, too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I wonder if Jinger isn’t exhausted and mortified by RFP trying to grift all these meals. I can see him walking in with her and Prop, asking to speak to the manager and then doing the “breakout stars” song and dance to have the meal comped. Then Jinger gets to eat two whole bites while wrangling a fractious toddler while he stuffs his maw.

I would rather stay home and eat corn flakes and maybe, at this point, she would, too.

I wonder if Jinger has had any buyer’s remorse regarding this tool that she married?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why would that bother her?  Isn't that just a variation on what she saw from her grasping, entitled father her entire life? JB was shameless in his expectations of special treatment, certainly more blatantly than Jeremy.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Why would that bother her?  Isn't that just a variation on what she saw from her grasping, entitled father her entire life? JB was shameless in his expectations of special treatment, certainly more blatantly than Jeremy.

True...but TLC had usually paved the way anyway. 

I have to wonder if RFP hasn’t been laughed out of the building and more than once with this shtick. And Jinger’s uneducated and brainwashed...but she’s not blind. Or deaf. She may have some ability to read a room.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

True...but TLC had usually paved the way anyway. 

I have to wonder if RFP hasn’t been laughed out of the building and more than once with this shtick. And Jinger’s uneducated and brainwashed...but she’s not blind. Or deaf. She may have some ability to read a room.

I picture it more like their agent making the contacts in an exchange of mutual publicity.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

TBH, I think Jinger may find Jeremy exhausting at times because I suspect she might be somewhat introverted, but I doubt she has any embarrassment over Jeremy's grifting. Her dad is just as shameless and embarrassing in public. I doubt she even realizes how embarrassing it comes across from either one of them.

Jinger and Jessa seemed to be the only ones with enough sense to be embarrassed by their family when they were teens. Jeremy is as much of a grifter as JB but mostly without the ridiculous antics, so it's likely she sees him as a huge step up. Grifting is fine as long as you look "good" doing it, I guess.

Or maybe she's still dickmatized and doesn't notice.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I picture it more like their agent making the contacts in an exchange of mutual publicity.  

For a lunch? I have zero idea how this works, but the effort seems out of proportion to the payoff?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

For a lunch? I have zero idea how this works, but the effort seems out of proportion to the payoff?

Building up a large and attractive enough photo resume hoping to get paid more than giant sandwiches?  As Churchie has said, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive message to their attempts at influencing.  Donuts,  burgers and pocket squares, oh my!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Building up a large and attractive enough photo resume hoping to get paid more than giant sandwiches?  As Churchie has said, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive message to their attempts at influencing.  Donuts,  burgers and pocket squares, oh my!

Oh, listen to Little Miss “I use a napkin to wipe my mouth after downing a greasy burger and fonut”.  You’re supposed to wipe yourself down with a pocket square, it’s a classical way of doing things. 

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have no idea whether Jin has the mental acuity to put together the idea of gritfy father = grifty headship, or not.  In her case, ignorance probably does equal bliss.  

I don't think she makes any connection.  She's been immunized against noticing anything unusual in that behavior.

• Love 12

I think Jinger's picked up on the fact she is from a family of hicks, and that embarrasses her. But her and Jeremy's behavior in that one episode--which I didn't watch--in which they apparently acted superior to Joe and Kendra makes me think they are their own form of snobby gauche boors. 

And yeah I totally think the grifting doesn't bother her. Hell, she joins in! 

• Love 20
On 1/6/2020 at 9:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

As I said above, she probably didn't even eat the bun. 😕

But. Did she eat ANYTHING? It looks like maybe a little bite out of whatever circular item is at the top.

Jing doesn't eat. Much.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My opinion is that Jinger is living the life she imagined for herself. 

I think she's living the life she imagined she could never live. Yet, here she is living it. Good thing she didn't listen to her sisters and pray to be happy living next to a Walmart.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I wonder if Jinger realizes that a one year old taking daily afternoon strolls with both her parents is rare. A one year old taking daily afternoon walks with one parent is even rare these days, because in many families both parents work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jinger realizes that a one year old taking daily afternoon strolls with both her parents is rare. A one year old taking daily afternoon walks with one parent is even rare these days, because in many families both parents work.

That was my thought as well. Also, I wonder why she loves dressing like an 80's realtor so much. Does she secretly wish she had an office job, or is that just the look that Jeremy prefers? Somewhere in Jeremy's childhood, a hot blonde realtor must have sold them a house, and boom! His ideal woman was conceived in his mind. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That was my thought as well. Also, I wonder why she loves dressing like an 80's realtor so much. Does she secretly wish she had an office job, or is that just the look that Jeremy prefers? Somewhere in Jeremy's childhood, a hot blonde realtor must have sold them a house, and boom! His ideal woman was conceived in his mind. 

I'm torn between the laugh and the cry response. 

I've been hoping that Jingle secretly covets a career.......Taking off only from the report of her comment regarding the Chaplin-related house and its potential to spark their "career." ....Think I'll continue hoping that and just ignore my strong feeling that you're right about Jer's lifelong fantasy. 🙄

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger looks like she's on her way to her office job. She looked the most natural with Felicity when she got papped. The power suits and church dresses age her. 

I love her purple shoes. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger looks like she's on her way to her office job. She looked the most natural with Felicity when she got papped. The power suits and church dresses age her. 

I love her purple shoes. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm torn between the laugh and the cry response. 

I've been hoping that Jingle secretly covets a career.......Taking off only from the report of her comment regarding the Chaplin-related house and its potential to spark their "career." ....Think I'll continue hoping that and just ignore my strong feeling that you're right about Jer's lifelong fantasy. 🙄

Jeremy met this woman in the nineties, and nothing has been the same since!

i get the feeling...and I hope I'm wrong...that either:

1. Jeremy didn't really like who Jinger was, but married her for the fame, knowing she was "meek" enough to conform to his ideal of a woman, or...

2. Jinger is changing herself into the kind of woman Jeremy fantasizes about, because he shares so many of his "temptations" with her. 

IMG_6690.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Is it my imagination or is Jinger wearing pumps?  I don't remember ever seeing the Duggar and Bates' girls wearing heels, only wedges.  First pants and now heels; okay Jing; I see you.

I think JInger's outfit is fine.  I have no idea what is so egregious about it.  I'm not fashion-blind, just accepting of someone wearing an item that is not the trend of the hour (minute).

• Love 9

I don't think anyone is saying that her outfit is egregious, it's just rather formal and not what one would expect when taking a stroll with your toddler daughter.  Now, of course, we really don't know where she was prior to this photo being taken.  The only thing I can imagine was that they were at church.  If someone didn't know her better, they might think it's after work and she hasn't had time to change.  But we know she doesn't work.

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Is it my imagination or is Jinger wearing pumps?  I don't remember ever seeing the Duggar and Bates' girls wearing heels, only wedges.  First pants and now heels; okay Jing; I see you.

OMG. The Bates girls wear F*** Me Baby shoes all the time.

Remember: Jinger had no fashion role model growing up....only Mull in her puffy green blouse and nun-aspirant shoes. Or when she and JB dolled up for one of the weddings as Jim Bobber and the Silver Mullet Band.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I don't think the Duggars wear pumps a lot or at all, but I think that's more because they're rural rather than their modesty standards. As much as they have modesty standards about a lot of things, there are no modesty standards re: footwear.

• Love 3

We've been talking about how Jeremy doesn't bring any perspective to his food posts other than he likes to eat. If this is his attempt to upgrade his content . . . I think he should go back to posting about liking food. 😉 

• LOL 8
  • Love 9