Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Me too. She actually looks comfortable here. And Felicity doesn't look like a prop. 

She really does.

I've also noticed that--unlike RPP--Jinger always looks noticeably unhappy with the paparazzi anytime she gets ambushed by the paparazzi. I think she's enjoying her new life in LA--and all the power to her on that--but I really don't think she enjoys that aspect of it at all. I think RPP eats it up though. 

• Love 7

I think RFP likes to present to the world as the second coming of Don Draper and part of that is having a Betty Draper-lookalike wife. Thus the "elegant" clothes in trendy restaurants and the shots of Jinger cooking. That's the lifestyle he'd like to present. Jinger looks a bit Hollywood grunge-chic in these pictures which is fine and I agree she looks good. It's just not the image her headship wants to present on SM.

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think RFP likes to present to the world as the second coming of Don Draper and part of that is having a Betty Draper-lookalike wife. Thus the "elegant" clothes in trendy restaurants and the shots of Jinger cooking. That's the lifestyle he'd like to present. Jinger looks a bit Hollywood grunge-chic in these pictures which is fine and I agree she looks good. It's just not the image her headship wants to present on SM.

OMG It had never occurred to me before, but he is totally Don Draper without Jon Hamm's looks or charisma! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

I'm reading all the posts on Jinger's outfit and Jeremy's fancy pants image and all I can think of is "the breakout stars from Counting On". I keep laughing and laughing.

Then I think of Derick's recent IG responses. Jeremy better have something up his sleeve because Derick may pull the rug out from under these breakout stars, post by post.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Those dumb hats are so popular right now.  Try being 5’2 and standing behind a woman wearing one at a concert.  There’s no need to be wearing a flying saucer during a concert.

I hear you. I'm a magnet for  those types of people incl ladies with bouffant hairdos sitting in front of me at the movies when I was little.  

I think Josie wears the hat the best but Jingle's a close second.  Lauren wore it just to be noticed which turned out to be a large fail.

15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

In 5 years:

And screeching Bella, Cadence, Destiny come here! 

10 years: 

Bella get mommy another bottle of Jesus juice. And Bella, Cadence, Destiny, Elijah, Felix, Godly where are you going?

I'm still chuckling over a kid named Godly.   I can just see him/her wearing a T-shirt announcing  " I am Godly" or "I am Godly Duggar".

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm reading all the posts on Jinger's outfit and Jeremy's fancy pants image and all I can think of is "the breakout stars from Counting On". I keep laughing and laughing.

Then I think of Derick's recent IG responses. Jeremy better have something up his sleeve because Derick may pull the rug out from under these breakout stars, post by post.

I do hope that Dereck pull the rug out from these lazy/mooching  breakout stars.

The horror if fancy pants/pocket squares lover Jer has to actually get a real job!

(evil witch laughter)

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Those jeans really look more "boyfriend fit" than skinny. She'll be sitting down just fine. 

Yeah those jeans are not tight at all, and I’m a woman who doesn’t like tight clothes (not a moral thing but a comfort thing). 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I hear you. I'm a magnet for  those types of people incl ladies with bouffant hairdos sitting in front of me at the movies when I was little.  

I think Josie wears the hat the best but Jingle's a close second.  Lauren wore it just to be noticed which turned out to be a large fail.

I'm still chuckling over a kid named Godly.   I can just see him/her wearing a T-shirt announcing  " I am Godly" or "I am Godly Duggar".

God-Honoria Duggar

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

ll a bowtie does is make you look like the forty-something used car dealer who is president of the Hooterville Rotary Club because you ran unopposed.

You had me at Hooterville. I scared the cat snorting.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Jessa, in LA? I guess today is the day she finds out she’s a California 2.

A California 1 (scale of 1-10?) at best. ((And she upped her game for this visit.))

55 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

As you have none of those things going for you, all a bowtie does is make you look like the forty-something used car dealer who is president of the Hooterville Rotary Club because you ran unopposed.

Seriously. No.

Didn't even look at him because I was blinded by doofus Bin. That hair part. No words.

Where are Jessa's boys? Have they now been cast aside for Ivy? Like a reverse Fundie phenomenon?

Thought the pic was done by Jinger in sepia tones with the pink colorized in......and Jessa? Cut the mustard. No pun intended.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

That's the best I've seen Bin look in years.  Jessa I will give a pass as she's a very new mom.  

Jessa's baby is at least 6 months old when this was taken. Ivy is currently 7 months. I think Jessa looks nice.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Nooo Dick wore it best.

Sorry RPF. And Dick has actual talent.

So true!

Jer would be horrified though, if he thought that was the image folks thought of when looking at him, when all bow-tied and pocket-squared out.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'd love to know what Jessa thought of the more worldly sights of LA. 

The entire Duggar clan has been travelling the world for years.  I guarantee Jessa has seen far more "worldly" things than what she's seen with Jinger & Co. during this brief trip to L.A.  Her own honeymoon was in Paris, Rome & Venice.   

None of them are the uninformed, slack-jawed yokels they sometimes act like.  They've seen & done plenty.  

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Totally said:

Those boots chop Jessa off at the ankles ... very few people can wear ankle boots without it shortening their legs into stumps 

I have to say, as ankle boots go, those ones are pretty nice. I absolutely hate the peep toed ones- they just look wrong.

When wearing booties with a skirt, the trick is to wear matching color tights to avoid that choppy look. That's what my daughter does and it looks really nice.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I know.  Is that not a new mother?

Technically Jessa's not a "new" mother since she has two other children.

17 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Another candidate in Who Wore it Best? Jessa’s outfit is the same as Lauren’s minus the hat and different colored booties.

Although we saw Jessa's outfit second, I'm inclined to believe that Lauren is the copier because this is not the first time that we've seen Lauren duplicate someone.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

None of them are the uninformed, slack-jawed yokels they sometimes act like.

They’re more like horses that have been brought to water and refused to drink.  Lots and lots of mind expanding experiences that went in one ear and out the other.  Honestly, it’s like they’re greatful not to grow.

Edited by JoanArc
Edited for clarity
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

They’re more like horses that have been brought to water and refused to drink.  Lots and lots of mind expanding experiences that went in one ear and out the other.  Honestly, it’s like they’re greatly not to grow.

This is completely true and so very sad.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Jeremy looks like Orville Redenbacher had a baby with a used car salesperson and abandoned it to be raised by hipsters. 

OMG. Can we change the title of this thread?

10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I want to know what Felicity and Ivy are looking at?

Asa attached to a balloon? 

And this was so bad that it was good. Seriously can. not. stop. laughing.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 12/30/2019 at 6:30 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Felicity and Ivy look like they’re searching for the nearest exit so that they can make a break for it. 

I would help them if they wanted to conspire with Sam.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Just what everyone wants during the exhausting holiday season: surprise guests with baby in tow. No wonder Jinger's smiling through gritted teeth. 

Especially a few days before the in laws come to town!

• Love 6