Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

When IS the CO premiere? Not for months, I imagine. I think Joy will be pregnant before Jinger 

No clue. I just assumed it was soon because last year it premiered in February. 

What is there to film between June (Mary's funeral) and the November babypalooza? That's why I think the season is months away; they're typically at least 6 months behind real time.

Edited by Sew Sumi

Maybe they think she looks preggers in that dress too, so they waited til AFTER the G3 pics, where she definitely does NOT look preggers, to avoid too much speculation.  

Or, maybe she is preggers and they are about ready to announce.

Or they didn't have anything else to post today.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I don't know when the season starts, but Jinger may need to announce if she is pregnant depending on when she's due. 

If she's pregnant, they've probably been waiting to announce until after the holidays and when Abbie had her baby. 

That picture seems to be teasing an announcement. 

Of course except for the die-hard fans I get the sense nobody will care too much. Most people just assume one of the Duggars is always pregnant. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't know when the season starts, but Jinger may need to announce if she is pregnant depending on when she's due. 

If she's pregnant, they've probably been waiting to announce until after the holidays and when Abbie had her baby. 

That picture seems to be teasing an announcement. 

Of course except for the die-hard fans I get the sense nobody will care too much. Most people just assume one of the Duggars is always pregnant. 

I don’t think the picture is teasing anything, although I think it’s weird that they’re just now sharing pictures from a month ago. There have been pictures of Jinger taken since this picture in which she doesn’t look pregnant *at all,* much less pregnant enough to need to camouflage it with a loose dress. Unless she has since secretly had the baby and they’re keeping it in a closet until they need a really big Instagram reveal, I don’t think she was visibly pregnant when these photos were taken. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I don’t think the picture is teasing anything, although I think it’s weird that they’re just now sharing pictures from a month ago. There have been pictures of Jinger taken since this picture in which she doesn’t look pregnant *at all,* much less pregnant enough to need to camouflage it with a loose dress. Unless she has since secretly had the baby and they’re keeping it in a closet until they need a really big Instagram reveal, I don’t think she was visibly pregnant when these photos were taken. 

That part is weird. Why not mention the party after her birthday and put up pictures? Who waits a month before putting up pictures? Especially people as picture obsesses as Jeremy (maybe Jinger?) who posts tons of pictures of him eating and/or in restaurants. I know Jeremy is all about Jeremy but why wait so long to "show" what a great husband he is by throwing his wife a surprise birthday party and soak up all the amazing comments about what a perfect husband he is?

• Love 13

I agree that Jinger's dress doesn't look good on her.. Her hair is awful in that photo too. She's not wearing any nylons either; her knees don't look good without them.

We assume she doesn't eat very much because in the past, she has been shown picking at the food in her plate. She has also ordered hamburgers,, etc, without the bread. They're wrapped in lettuce. I believe that she hardly eats.

I have a hard time believing them about such 'dear friends'...heck, they now live in California. They just moved there 6 months ago. It takes longer than 6 months, IMO, to develop deep relationships with new people that you have just met to call them 'dear friends' 'good friends'. They really don't know these people or much about their lives. All surface crap IMO.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why do we think Jinger is not eating, or not as much?

I have a two friends, very skinny, and they can eat what they want without getting fat

She may very well be naturally skinny, but having worked with ED patients, I have a gut feeling  based on what we’ve seen of her behaviors that she has some kind of eating disorder. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

"...special night of celebrating Jinger."

Does this mean they served Jinger Ale, Jingerbread, Jingerbread Men, Jinger Tea or Jinger Beer?

I agree with you @floridamom about Jinger's knees & she would look better with nylons.  (I actually think all of the ladies would look better with hose.) That's the first thing I noticed in the picture. 

5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I have a two friends, very skinny, and they can eat what they want without getting fat

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I used to be one of those people. 

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

At the very least, I think Jinger very consciously restricts her food intake. Disordered eating habits. I stand by my assessment.

A lot of the Duggar kids seem to have some type of food issues, from Jill hiding in the bathroom to eat to the widespread plate-licking. I really do think the plate-licking goes beyond just bad manners.

I have my own dysfunctional relationship with food, so it's just purely speculation on my part based on personal experience. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Are nylons much of a thing anymore? I'm a few years older than Jinger and haven't bought panty hose since elementary school for music concerts. I work in a fairly casual environment though where jeans are the norm, so I may be out of touch on these types of things, but I thought bare legs were pretty much standard now unless you were accessorizing with dark tights or leggings.

It doesn't look like the other women have on nylons. 

• Love 2

I blame “Sex and The City” for killing pantyhose, and as someone whose feet blister way too easily, I am very grateful I was no longer in a profession that required office wear when it happened.

Jinger is in Southern California. She’s married to an Instagram junkie who is obsessed with appearance over substance. I notice we never see her about to chomp down on any of the freebie crap, just RFP. She grew up in a semi-feral pack.

So does she have food issues? I am going to say yes.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Are nylons much of a thing anymore? I'm a few years older than Jinger and haven't bought panty hose since elementary school for music concerts. I work in a fairly casual environment though where jeans are the norm, so I may be out of touch on these types of things, but I thought bare legs were pretty much standard now unless you were accessorizing with dark tights or leggings.

Not a thing at all. I remember reading a tabloid story about the palace staff having to tell Kate she had to stop going without them when they were engaged, so that was already a fashion trend even then. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

Not a thing at all. I remember reading a tabloid story about the palace staff having to tell Kate she had to stop going without them when they were engaged, so that was already a fashion trend even then. 

I'm old.  I still wear pantyhose and will as long as they make them.  They look better than bare legs and I don't like the feel of bare feet in shoes. Ick!

• Love 15

I don't know if Jinger has an eating disorder or not, but she is definitely careful of what she eats. In an episode where they were at the TTH, everyone is eating ice cream and she discreetly transfers half her ice cream into Jeremy's bowl. When the sisters made spaghetti and meatballs for everyone, Jinger had a meatball and a big plate of salad. When she and Jeremy went for fajitas in Laredo, she had not tortillas. So she is very mindful of her weight? health? figure? She looks thin, but healthy to me. Of course, I eat everything in sight! And yes, I did pay that much attention to her food, cause I always notice food.

• Useful 6
  • Love 13

For a lot of young women, an eating disorder is a control issue. They feel that they have little control in their lives, and their food intake is one thing they can control. Jinger would certainly fall under the umbrella of a "young woman with little control over her life."

I can hardly tell if that's the case from a few still photos, but it wouldn't surprise me. As @Zella mentioned, we know that they have a lot of food issues: fat Josh, Jill eating in the closet, Joe licking his plate, Josiah obsessing about candy, Josie licking -- everything.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Josie licking -- everything.

I always used to assume that Josie licking stuff was just her being undisciplined. But last year, I read a bio of Chris Farley that talked a lot about his compulsive licking as part of his OCD. Like, he would lick items of clothing before he put them on and he would lick stuff in his wallet, and he would lick posts and stairs as he walked. And it wasn't just him trying to weird people out--he just couldn't help himself. 

Not saying that is Josie's issue, but ever since I read that book, I've wondered about her licking tic and if there are some psychological issues behind it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I don't know if Jinger has an eating disorder or not, but she is definitely careful of what she eats. In an episode where they were at the TTH, everyone is eating ice cream and she discreetly transfers half her ice cream into Jeremy's bowl. When the sisters made spaghetti and meatballs for everyone, Jinger had a meatball and a big plate of salad. When she and Jeremy went for fajitas in Laredo, she had not tortillas. So she is very mindful of her weight? health? figure? She looks thin, but healthy to me. Of course, I eat everything in sight! And yes, I did pay that much attention to her food, cause I always notice food.

There was also an episode where Jessa made quiche and she only ate the the egg part. She has definitely looked healthier since Felicity was born but maybe is struggling with that extra weight. 

I think she definitely struggled with an eating disorder in her early 20s.

Screenshot_20200122-184307_Google.thumb.jpg.b0e68be60b21c865a2f0bda08710fbd8.jpg

Compare to teen Jinger

Screenshot_20200122-185248_Google-933x1335.thumb.jpg.a46c92b99793d17a2a6cadd08f997478.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Lunera said:

There was also an episode where Jessa made quiche and she only ate the the egg part. She has definitely looked healthier since Felicity was born but maybe is struggling with that extra weight. 

Screenshot_20200122-184307_Google.thumb.jpg.b0e68be60b21c865a2f0bda08710fbd8.jpg

Compare to teen Jinger

Screenshot_20200122-185248_Google-933x1335.thumb.jpg.a46c92b99793d17a2a6cadd08f997478.jpg

I have never seen any resemblance between Jinger and Josh, but in that second picture, she looks so much like him! 😱

And are these “close friends” people they’ve just met in LA, flew out from Laredo, PA, Arkansas, or what?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Compare to teen Jinger

I was going to mention remembering her with the lollipop head, but I didn't have proof. She was way too thin back then. That was also during her spray tan phase. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She was??  Details, please!

There are pics of Jinger and Jeremy coming out of the church together. She is crying in the pics. I don’t know how to post the pics. If you google Jinger Duggar wedding pics cry they come up. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I blame “Sex and The City” for killing pantyhose, and as someone whose feet blister way too easily, I am very grateful I was no longer in a profession that required office wear when it happened.

Jinger is in Southern California. She’s married to an Instagram junkie who is obsessed with appearance over substance. I notice we never see her about to chomp down on any of the freebie crap, just RFP. She grew up in a semi-feral pack.

So does she have food issues? I am going to say yes.

I know for a fact that she uses some type of exercise video at home.  I could hear the instructor’s voice and Jinger breathing heavily, like she was exerting herself.  

14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I know for a fact that she uses some type of exercise video at home.  I could hear the instructor’s voice and Jinger breathing heavily, like she was exerting herself.  

When was this?

• Love 2

5 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

All the older Duggar girls are thin. I think Jana’s even thinner than Jinger, and Jill, Joy and Jessa aren’t very much bigger than she is. I don’t think any of them look unhealthy. It’s interesting that the second wave of Duggar girls, except Josie, are a bit plumper and look healthier than the older girls did at their age. That suggests to me that a lot of the older girls are probably slim partially because they suffered from caloric malnutrition. The rest of it is probably internalized nonsense from Gothard via Michelle about how thinness equates to godliness. 

It sounds like Jinger is doing Atkins or Keto or some kind of low-carb eating plan. 

23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jeremy has said Jinger works out every day, and they have some workout equipment (barbells, etc.) at home.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Namaste said:

There are pics of Jinger and Jeremy coming out of the church together. She is crying in the pics. I don’t know how to post the pics. If you google Jinger Duggar wedding pics cry they come up. 

51bb7ca5b24e31dfca2026eeb9380564.jpg

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Zella said:

A lot of the Duggar kids seem to have some type of food issues, from Jill hiding in the bathroom to eat to the widespread plate-licking. I really do think the plate-licking goes beyond just bad manners.

I have my own dysfunctional relationship with food, so it's just purely speculation on my part based on personal experience. 

It's quite telling how fast Josh gained weight once he was married off. Even more so when he was at the FRC and the Smuggars were eating fast food (seemingly) every day. He also had a fairly big obsession with food on social media before Jesus Jail. 

I half wonder if the food insecurity is why Jill is constantly posting her beige colored recipes on social media.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 1/22/2020 at 12:53 PM, absnow54 said:

I own nylons as a layering piece- 1. I’m always cold, 2. The chicago winters don’t play, OR 3. if I’m going to a formal event in the winter, if I’m wearing spanx anyway, why not attach hose to them? But I see nothing odd about Jinger not wearing nylons in LA of all places. 

• Love 6