Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m impressed if those are noise cancelling headphones. I got them for Christmas and they are not cheap. Also, my husband has a job.

Felicity worked hard for those headphones, so she deserves to have a mother with noise canceling for Kanye. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
On 1/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, Churchhoney said:

Ignore this space

Interesting. Today is the first day of class at the Masters Seminary. I knew he had the conference this week, but I figured it more later in the week, like flying out on Thursday. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Felicity worked hard for those headphones, so she deserves to have a mother with noise canceling for Kanye. 

You are right, Felicity has worked more than her parents during her short life. Where are HER headphones? We travel quite a bit with SGirl, her first big flight was coming home, 14 hours. Friends and relatives would comment that she always had better headphones than her parents. It was fair and an investment, as adults we can handle traveling. We wanted SBaby to be comfortable and entertained. When the DVD ( that was until she got an iPad at age 5) battery ran out, out came the stickers and we all would end up with a bad case of sticker pox. Gosh, I miss the sticker pox days.  I hope JinJer make a priority of keeping Felicity as comfortable as possible.

Nice to get to travel on the first day of grad school.

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Notice that Jinger and Jeremy don't need to sit next to each other.  Felicity is sitting safely between them.

Would that be business class? The leather seats are kind of throwing me off. Fancy headphones and a nice flight. Must be nice to know that kind of lifestyle can last forever. 😁

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, SMama said:

Business class would only have two seats, could be economy plus. Or whatever the airline calls it. 

40 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

That's definitely not First class - there is no "business" class on domestic flights.  It could be premium economy however.

Thank you both good to know.  I’m kind of surprised breakout stars couldn’t grift a first class ticket. 🤣

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Notice that Jinger and Jeremy don't need to sit next to each other.  Felicity is sitting safely between them.

That is a good point, actually. They are doing that one small thing better than Boob and MEchelle or Jill and Dreck.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Business class would only have two seats, could be economy plus. Or whatever the airline calls it. 

It looks like they are sitting in front of the exit row.  Since the exit row has more leg room, I doubt that their row does.

2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It looks like they are sitting in front of the exit row.  Since the exit row has more leg room, I doubt that their row does.

That row does not recline either, from what I remember.  My frequent flying days are long gone and planes have changed so I could be wrong.  

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Thank you both good to know.  I’m kind of surprised breakout stars couldn’t grift a first class ticket. 🤣

How do they afford any seats on a plane?  The headphones, fancy suits, the somewhat decent clothes Jinger was wearing the day she was papped...where does all the money come from?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Namaste said:

How do they afford any seats on a plane?  The headphones, fancy suits, the somewhat decent clothes Jinger was wearing the day she was papped...where does all the money come from?

They had about $90k in equity from the sale of the house in Laredo. They're living rent-free now, so they seem to be spending that nest egg on frivolous things 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They had about $90k in equity from the sale of the house in Laredo. They're living rent-free now, so they seem to be spending that nest egg on frivolous things 

Those pocket squares won't pay for themselves!!!!! 😂

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

I'm sorry but what's considered a staged photo? To me staged means you deliberately put yourself in a situation you normally wouldn't be in just for a picture. Taking a picture at dinner may be "contrived" but I don't consider that staged. Staged would be "I walked into this restaurant just to take a picture by this sign" and then walked out. They take a lot of pictures yes, but I really think they are just taking pictures of things they are actually taking part in most times. 

• Love 17

Please, we all know Jinger doesn't eat pizza.

1 hour ago, Tasya said:

I'm sorry but what's considered a staged photo? To me staged means you deliberately put yourself in a situation you normally wouldn't be in just for a picture. Taking a picture at dinner may be "contrived" but I don't consider that staged. Staged would be "I walked into this restaurant just to take a picture by this sign" and then walked out. They take a lot of pictures yes, but I really think they are just taking pictures of things they are actually taking part in most times. 

Jinger with a pizza is certainly staged!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Please, we all know Jinger doesn't eat pizza.

Jinger with a pizza is certainly staged!

I don't think it is coincidence at all that Jinger always seems to be photographed posing with food without ever being captured in the act of eating it while RPP is always mid-chomp. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it just me or does she look a bit exasperated in that pizza photo?

Jinger's facial expression often looks a bit uncomfortable/tentative in pictures. Sometimes the look on her face is the same one I get when someone wants to take a "fun" picture, and I have no clue what to do, so I just pull a stupid face. It wouldn't surprise me, with her stated interest in photography, that she preferred being behind the camera rather than in front of it. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it just me or does she look a bit exasperated in that pizza photo?

It looks that way to me, too.

But I wonder whether that's just because I feel as if it would drive anybody nuts to be constantly taking and appearing in photographs with random plates of food, apparently in the hope that if enough such photos get out there somebody will pay you to take yet more of them. 

Seems to me that's likely to wear on you after a while. Especially after it's gone on for a year or so and still nobody's paying you to do it, except with the odd slice of pizza.

I guess I imagine Jingle feeling kind of the way you feel after six months on the job hunt sending out resumes without landing anything. Could totally be me projecting, though. 🙁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200114-122839_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4bd919334c3feab7f80d197a202dd5fb.jpg

🙄

Coming back from Philly, I guess. Did she really take a selfie of herself looking pensive off into the distance while listening to Kanye? 😂

Maybe it's just the way the sunlight is hitting her but I think her complexion looks terrible. It looks like she went way too heavy on the foundation or concealer.  I know she has skin problems like most of her siblings but she needs to spend money on a good skin program or a dermatologist and not on huge pizza slices.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Maybe it's just the way the sunlight is hitting her but I think her complexion looks terrible. It looks like she went way too heavy on the foundation or concealer.  I know she has skin problems like most of her siblings but she needs to spend money on a good skin program or a dermatologist and not on huge pizza slices.

I agree. Her skin is more than just air travel dryness. There is a lot going on with her skin from the wrong color foundation, using a drying matte foundation, not prepping her skin properly before applying said foundation, not removing her foundation properly at night, and not using a daily SPF.  I don't think she needs to see a dermatologist, just invest in some skincare.  It doesn't need to cost that much either.  If they can afford Bose headphones, then they can afford to get Jinger set up with a skin care regimen.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

But, she can't spend money on skincare.

The funding goes to pocket squares, books, bows, travel, suits, ties, sunglasses, oh - and, Bibles.

But, not skincare.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Since I am in metro Atlanta I could find out where they are and go sleuthing.  Probably not though.  I wonder if I will feel a shift in the force while they are here.

I see MacArthur is speaking tomorrow evening. Wonder if he'll stay around breathlessly awaiting his protege Jer's mini-session on Friday afternoon. 😁......Also wonder if Jer's breathlessly awaiting the day he gets to do a real session in the big room instead of being confined to the small breakout sessions -- the same kind at which the women speak.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Since I am in metro Atlanta I could find out where they are and go sleuthing.  Probably not though.  I wonder if I will feel a shift in the force while they are here.

I am heading to Atlanta in March!  I am going to head to the closet to ask a question!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Looked at the website of one of the G3 sponsors (couldn't resist -- it's called Missional Wear). Anyway, found this -- 

image.png.22eb5e4a171fcf140baef368f0f5d4de.png

They also sell, wait for it, a large selection of cigar holders.  (It's a man's man's man's world...) One says "Enjoy Calvinism" on it.

I gather that "The Spurge" was a big cigar smoker. Of course, at the time the news wasn't out about tobacco and cancer...

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/cigar-holders

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, SMama said:

I’m impressed if those are noise cancelling headphones. I got them for Christmas and they are not cheap. Also, my husband has a job.

Nothing with Bose name on it is cheap.  $229.95

Edited by farmgal4
Price checked
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Didn't Bin & Jessa go to this same conference last year?

Bin, Jessa, Jana and Laura, I think. 

I think this is Jer's third year to speak.....Have no idea how that happened and keeps happening -- although I wonder whether they, like MacArthur, aren't excited by the fact that having a Duggar-adjacent on the menu is getting them noticed by TeeVee watchers and social-media followers of the Duggs who otherwise might have no idea they exist.....The Duggar following probably hasn't been as plugged in to the Calvinist circuit as some others have been, since it probably isn't overloaded with Reformed people....

I remember last year or the year before when The Society of Expository Preaching people -- who have, wait for it, 693 social-media followers -- being very excited to take selfies with Jer and get onto his 6-figure Insta. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I found the grey ones at Amazon starting at $350, depending on the features. Even at “just” $350 each that’s a heck of a lot of money for unemployed people. And it really bothers me that Felicity doesn’t get her own. I know it’s silly but it’s a real pet peeve of mine. Kids like music too. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Bin, Jessa, Jana and Laura, I think. 

I think this is Jer's third year to speak.....Have no idea how that happened and keeps happening -- although I wonder whether they, like MacArthur, aren't excited by the fact that having a Duggar-adjacent on the menu is getting them noticed by TeeVee watchers and social-media followers of the Duggs who otherwise would have no idea they exist.....

Oh, it's definitely the Duggar name that got his foot in the door. Sucking up to MacArthur kept his spot on the roster.

• Love 9