Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I bet the jeans for the wedding killed Fashionista Jim Jones. 

I have to admit I don't like jeans for a wedding. Unless they're eloping and/or the bride gets to wear them too!

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They look nice but certainly overdressed for the occasion.

Now, now Jeremy wore his causual tweed jacket to the wedding. And his pants and jacket don't match. 

Jinger looks good.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

He might have, but he actually looks quite nice if that's the vibe he was after. To each their own and all that.

Honestly the bride and groom look far more authentic and genuine in that photo than the RFPs...and to me, at least, far more attractive as a result.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, hathorlive said:

What's the line from GCB?  Big breasts help your cross hang straight?  My god, I think even the holy spirit is defrauded by that dress.

Ofcade looks uncomfortable in her dress.  The cross hangs straight because she's so hunched over. Probably afraid the breasts will jump right out if she stands up properly. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I live in New England where once it gets cold we dress for the weather. I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone wear sleeveless or short sleeve attire to a winter wedding. Is that the norm for others?

Around here, other than in a gym, you'd be hard pressed to see a bare arm November through February.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I live in New England where once it gets cold we dress for the weather. I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone wear sleeveless or short sleeve attire to a winter wedding. Is that the norm for others?

Around here, other than in a gym, you'd be hard pressed to see a bare arm November through February.

I live in a northern climate and I wear short sleeves in the winter. I run hot and I find a lot of stores and offices here are overheated in the winter, so i’m more comfortable with short sleeves. 

Gabby’s dress... sweet lord in heaven, that is about the furthest thing from modest that a person could wear. She looks very pretty but if she makes an unplanned one inch shift in any direction her boobs would pop right out of that bodice. 

Hopefully Jeremy’s cousin’s wedding photos will put an end to the Jinger is Pregnant theory for a while. There is no bump to be seen there.

• Love 21

I love Jinger's dress and shoes but the color of the dress with her fake blonde hair makes her look washed out IMO. She's a brunette and a pretty one. She should go back to her natural color and quit trying to be something she's not....a blonde. On another note, was this wedding in a CATHOLIC church? Was there great food and some dancing? These things, I'd like to know. Of course, Jinger would be uncomfortable. She's 'barefoot and backyard', remember?

Does she now have her makeup professionally applied? Her hair, makeup and general wardrobe were awful before she married RFP. I think she applies her foundation with an airbrush. She truly is a 'work of Jeremy" now.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They look nice but certainly overdressed for the occasion.

I'm not sure of that. Grandma and?? is that sis?? in the photo look to me to be dressed at about the same level of formality as Jer and Jingle. And the bride is in a gown, albeit a hippy-type gown.

I mean, unless you dressed in the exact hippy-formal style of the bride and groom, it's clear you're simply not going to match them in tone if hippy-formal isn't your style.

Maybe Jingle could be wearing something slightly more, um, fluffy, and less businesslike, I suppose. But I wouldn't call her overdressed. She's not in a formal color or a particularly formal dress. It's just a bit more...severe, maybe? than the bride's and groom's clothes. 

I've been to several weddings where the bride and groom dressed kind of like these two. And couples like that generally just hope everyone dresses in a way that they find comfortable and suitable to a happy and important occasion. You get a wide range of formality and costumes and it's fine.

At one wedding I attended like that, a panoramic photo was taken of the whole crowd. It's hung on the couple's living-room wall for many years. And it's a truly beautiful picture of a whole lot of people being themselves-a-little-bit-gussied-up-according-to-their-own-lights. A nice thing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Honestly the bride and groom look far more authentic and genuine in that photo than the RFPs...and to me, at least, far more attractive as a result.

I agree with this, in a way.

But the thing is, like many if not all of her sibs -- such as Jessa, Jana, JD, etc., who I think exhibit the same behaviors and looks she does -- Jingle wasn't raised in a way that primes you to be and appear authentic and genuine ever. Let alone at large social events with people you don't know and who aren't exactly of your kind. And, like the rest of them, she shows the effects of that. ....

To me, she almost always looks a little stiff and a little closed-off from others and as if she's creating an appearance of some kind that she thinks will work, when she's out and about with a number of people.....And understandably so, because her upbringing doesn't lend itself to being and feeling natural, especially in any unfamiliar group or situation. (I suppose, from her parents' point of view, that's right and proper, since those unfamiliar people are likely to lure you away from Duggardom and straight down to hell......) 

And Jer....I have no idea why this is....but it seems to me as if he's always -- 100 percent of the time -- trying to prove something.

I don't think it comes from his upbringing. Since to the extent I've seen his parents, siblings, other relatives, they don't seem to be that way. They all seem pretty natural and pretty relaxed.

But to my eyes, Jer's virtually always kind of putting something on for the sake of some appearance. Even around the house, actually.....and very much so when he's out. As you say, it certainly interferes with his looking attractive. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

359D70D6-5A85-472F-8D4E-62AFC0221D05.jpeg

Awwww...gotta love any kind of Gramma time.

Those wooden toys are all "Melissa and Doug" brand. Zoo truck on the right. Beautiful toys. (Can be pricey.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I love that Chuck and Diana are given more access to Felicity than Boob and Michelle. First, because I think they actually adore and dote on their granddaughter, and second, because it's nice to see one couple not sucked into the Duggar vortex and spending every holiday at the TTH. 

It seems like Jessa and Bin only recently started to include the Seewalds, and my instinct tells me they're doing it primarily for the free childcare. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I love that Chuck and Diana are given more access to Felicity than Boob and Michelle. First, because I think they actually adore and dote on their granddaughter, and second, because it's nice to see one couple not sucked into the Duggar vortex and spending every holiday at the TTH. 

It seems like Jessa and Bin only recently started to include the Seewalds, and my instinct tells me they're doing it primarily for the free childcare. 

Don't Jill and Derrick spend a fair amount of time around his mom? 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200104-181140_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.b6647e5258751b0b18d58af47db87f52.jpg

You mean to tell me Fancy Pant's family isn't made up of celebrities and models. Lol. I like Jinger's dress but the color is bleh. It kinda looks like she's sucking in her stomach. 

I like her dress..but the color doesn't work..and I think it's due to her new hair color.  When one changes their hair color,  it also changes what colors look good on you.  If she had her natural hair color..the dress color would work.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

I love Jinger's dress and shoes but the color of the dress with her fake blonde hair makes her look washed out IMO. She's a brunette and a pretty one. She should go back to her natural color and quit trying to be something she's not....a blonde. On another note, was this wedding in a CATHOLIC church? Was there great food and some dancing? These things, I'd like to know. Of course, Jinger would be uncomfortable. She's 'barefoot and backyard', remember?

Wow, in a Catholic Church?  That must’ve been really uncomfortable, given what Jeremy (and his dad?) have said about Catholics.  I’m sure the other family members are aware.  I can’t even imagine jinger sitting through a mass. And yeah, what did they do if drinking and dancing was happening at the reception?  Sit there uncomfortably, or get up and leave?  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I’m stupid that I just noticed. 

56AF203D-6A22-4F18-B9C6-7F8AE045F33B.jpeg

Not really something that would come to mind easily. Nobody calls him Chuck, not even the tabloids. (I need to get a life. Yesterday I re-read a bio of Prince Charles. Well, I sort of skipped-through-it more than read it diligently. But, still.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He used to be called Chuck more back when he was married to Diana. I remember references to Chuck and Di. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one that remembers Chuck and Di!

• Love 13

Someone just asked Jinger if she is expecting again. Jeremy answered with "I'm (meaning Jeremy) not, but now I know I need to lay off the Christmas cookies."

The article I read assumes this means Jinger's not pregnant, but I'm less convinced. It sounds exactly like the kind of non-answer we'd get from Derick. Jeremy merely confirmed that he, Jeremy, is not pregnant just thinks he has a pouch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Wow, her hair looks terrible! This reminds me of rough pictures of myself during my twelve-year-old awkward phase. She obviously has no idea what to do with it. If it was still the natural color, it would look way better. You have to go the extra mile to keep it neat and polished if it’s lighter! It’s kind of like wearing black clothing. You can often get away with pantylines and an imperfect fit in a black outfit, or even wrinkles, but everyone’s going to notice lines, wrinkles, and baggy clothes if it’s a light color. I admit, I have been jealous of people with darker hair fairly often over this issue!

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Wow, her hair looks terrible! This reminds me of rough pictures of myself during my twelve-year-old awkward phase. She obviously has no idea what to do with it. If it was still the natural color, it would look way better. You have to go the extra mile to keep it neat and polished if it’s lighter! It’s kind of like wearing black clothing. You can often get away with pantylines and an imperfect fit in a black outfit, or even wrinkles, but everyone’s going to notice lines, wrinkles, and baggy clothes if it’s a light color. I admit, I have been jealous of people with darker hair fairly often over this issue!

I think she's got dye job issues for sure, but as someone with really dark hair, I don't know that hair issues are less noticeable with darker hair. When mine looks bad, it looks pretty bad. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Namaste said:

They like merching food. Or trying to merch food. 

Something tells me that constantly announcing that you'd absolutely love to shill food .... any food ... any kind of food....any food at all...please....please....we really want to....seriously! ... is not a good way to convince anyone to hire you to shill their food.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Jinger's hair seems to be much coarser than her sisters' hair and both Jinger and Jessa have high hairline dips above their temples. Wearing ponytails emphasizes it. Jinger appears to have adopted a comb-over type thing to hide it. 

The Duggar females really have nice hair - they just wear it too long.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Since I am 67 years into my awkward stage, I don't comment on personal appearance. 

What annoys me is they act like trying new restaurants is something new, trendy, etc....  It is not, even at our age.  If we like place we go back and recommend it by comments or word of mouth.  Not sure I get these silly pictures. It makes them seem desperate. If they like the food but don't get comped, they never go back??  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not punny, RFP.

Um, that’s not clever. He thinks it’s clever, though 😬

On a personal note, I love puns, and I like to think I am witty, but I would say one of the reasons I love snark forums (and this one is my favorite haunt), is I love to read the quick wit. Y’all can have the most clever responses!! Sharp responses I would never think of. This is a very long way to say Jeremy could never keep up with likes of you all! “I’m not a lion” Ugh, so stupid.

• Love 18

@Christina87 I understand what you mean about hair color- Jinger’s dye job just didn’t flatter her skin tone in the first place, AND because she’s not taking care of it, the damage really shows. Of course I think a woman can wear her hair how she wants, and any hair color can be flattering if the colorist knows what they are doing, but lighter hair looks thinner sooner, and it’s harder to get that “shine” on lighter hair vs darker hair. 

I don’t know what she’s doing to straighten it, but between that and the dye, I want to lather it in some coconut oil just to give it moisture. 

• Love 7

On this forum someone offhand said the Duggar gals needed to deep condition with Aussie 3 minute miracle. The Duggars didn’t take the advice, but I did! I never knew what a difference deep conditioning could do! The flyaways are gone!

Duggar lurkers - get yourself some Aussie 3 minute miracle. It’s less than $5 I think. Definitely less than $10. Since you don’t wash your hair often anyways, just use it in place of your regular conditioner. Wa-la!

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
On 1/5/2020 at 1:03 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is that a timeout chair in the kitchen?

It's for when she doesn't want to take pictures for the 'gram.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He used to be called Chuck more back when he was married to Diana. I remember references to Chuck and Di. 

My mom still calls him Chuck. They supposedly used to call them UpChuck and Di at one point in the mid-80s.

That 100% aged well. 

As for Jinger's hair that reminds me when Ariana Grande was blonde and had those awful extensions. Yikes. Jinger, Ariana couldn't pull it off. Take a page out of her book and go back to brunette. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I may be completely wrong about this. But what bothers me most about this stream of posts apparently begging for influencer positions is that it doesn't really seem to me as if it'd be in JInger's nature to make all these posts. At all. 

And if I'm right about that, it's even more depressing than it would be otherwise. 

I guess I have to just figure she's loving this opportunity to ceaselessly beg to be allowed to shill for things she probably doesn't even like. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
On 1/5/2020 at 1:36 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I like her dress..but the color doesn't work..and I think it's due to her new hair color.  When one changes their hair color,  it also changes what colors look good on you.  If she had her natural hair color..the dress color would work.

I like her dress too and I don't mind the color. Its not the best but it looks fine. I do agree, it would look better with darker hair. 

• Love 4