Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, SMama said:

I found the grey ones at Amazon starting at $350, depending on the features. Even at “just” $350 each that’s a heck of a lot of money for unemployed people. And it really bothers me that Felicity doesn’t get her own. I know it’s silly but it’s a real pet peeve of mine. Kids like music too. 

I don’t think they spend much money on Felicity.  She rarely wears a new outfit or new shoes.  I’m not in any way saying that’s a bad thing.  I personally think it’s ridiculous to buy a lot of new clothes for a child that will outgrow them quickly.  I’m simply making the point that I believe most of their money is spent on Jeremy first, then Jinger, then Felicity gets what’s left.  Of course all of this is just my assumption.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

.Also wonder if Jer's breathlessly awaiting the day he gets to do a real session in the big room instead of being confined to the small breakout sessions -- the same kind at which the women speak.

That's where breakout stars come from!

• LOL 9
38 minutes ago, SMama said:

I found the grey ones on Amazon starting at $350, depending on the features. Even at “just” $350 each that’s a heck of a lot of money for unemployed people. And it really bothers me that Felicity doesn’t get her own. I know it’s silly but it’s a real pet peeve of mine. Kids like music too. 

Edited by SMama
I tried to edit and can’t get rid of this. UGH
56 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think they spend much money on Felicity.  She rarely wears a new outfit or new shoes.  I’m not in any way saying that’s a bad thing.  I personally think it’s ridiculous to buy a lot of new clothes for a child that will outgrow them quickly.  I’m simply making the point that I believe most of their money is spent on Jeremy first, then Jinger, then Felicity gets what’s left.  Of course all of this is just my assumption.

Plus, in a big metropolitan area there are enough wealthy neighborhoods scattered around to make it easy to buy anything you want from yard sales for Felicity for next to nothing....Unworn designer clothes for toddlers with the labels still on are all over the place in the spring and fall yard sale seasons....

So there's money left over for another pocket square for Jer. Yay! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Namaste said:

How do they afford any seats on a plane?  The headphones, fancy suits, the somewhat decent clothes Jinger was wearing the day she was papped...where does all the money come from?

In general, I'm kind of baffled about where their money comes from. But I'm sure they didn't have to pay for this trip, though. I mean, if you're a speaker at a conference it's hard to imagine the sponsors not paying your transportation and accommodation costs, right? And since they're so big on marriage, this group probably does pay for spouses as well, I'd think......

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Job. Haha job what’s that? 

It's kind of like classes at school. Some people have to go to them and they have to get jobs too. 

But other people don't have to do either and they still get Bose sound equipment. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Why do you think her clothes aren’t new? The kid’s wardrobe is better than mine. Those look like primarily designer or at least high-end department store brands. She’s not shlubbing around in Walmart or Old Navy originals like her cousins. Not that there’s anything wrong with that — I love Old Navy — but her clothes don’t look like her parents skimp on them. 

• Love 23
10 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Why do you think her clothes aren’t new? The kid’s wardrobe is better than mine. Those look like primarily designer or at least high-end department store brands. She’s not shlubbing around in Walmart or Old Navy originals like her cousins. Not that there’s anything wrong with that — I love Old Navy — but her clothes don’t look like her parents skimp on them. 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jinger and Jeremy spend very little on clothes for Felictiy because she keeps on getting outfits as gifts.  She is the only grandchild on Jeremy's side and he has sisters.  Between them, I bet Felicity has enough outfits for a month without needing to wear something mom and dad bought.  I have to stop myself from buying clothes for my niece because she does not need them but they are soo cute.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jinger and Jeremy spend very little on clothes for Felictiy because she keeps on getting outfits as gifts.  She is the only grandchild on Jeremy's side and he has sisters.  Between them, I bet Felicity has enough outfits for a month without needing to wear something mom and dad bought.  I have to stop myself from buying clothes for my niece because she does not need them but they are soo cute.  

I suggested this some time ago.  Family, friends and fans are clothing her.  It is insane the money fans spend on their reality show favs.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I meant that she doesn’t wear a different outfit in every picture, not that they weren’t bought new.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I meant that she doesn’t wear a different outfit in every picture, not that they weren’t bought new.

It appears they take lots of pictures on one day and then post them sporadically over several months. Also, don’t most normal people wear the same clothes more than once? Even celebrities? My LO is Felicity’s age and probably has enough clothes to rotate through over 2 weeks before repeating again. 

• Love 7
On 1/15/2020 at 5:37 PM, Churchhoney said:

Looked at the website of one of the G3 sponsors (couldn't resist -- it's called Missional Wear). Anyway, found this -- 

image.png.22eb5e4a171fcf140baef368f0f5d4de.png

They also sell, wait for it, a large selection of cigar holders.  (It's a man's man's man's world...) One says "Enjoy Calvinism" on it.

I gather that "The Spurge" was a big cigar smoker. Of course, at the time the news wasn't out about tobacco and cancer...

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/cigar-holders

That would be fabulous for an ugly Christmas sweater party.

Even if you did have to walk around explaining it to everyone.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2020 at 8:56 PM, Churchhoney said:

Some of the best things in life come in pairs? 

boobs? socks? men's and ladies' restrooms? handcuffs?

Gotta admit you've stumped me, Jingle. 

She should at least get credit for staying away from Jesusspeak Birthday Greetings...

10 minutes ago, queenanne said:

She should at least get credit for staying away from Jesusspeak Birthday Greetings...

Oh, certainly. I wasn't really dissing her message overall. I just wonder whether she really has any good things in mind that come in pairs!

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He has one sister. I doubt his sister buys most of Felicity's clothes. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

He has one sister. I doubt his sister buys most of Felicity's clothes. 

My brother also has a sister.....and most of my niece’s and nephew’s clothes are from their single, childless aunt.  Sister Vuolo might be more responsible with her spending than my brother’s sister is. 😅😳 

I don’t think his parents and siblings are buying all of her clothes, but it’s certainly possible that they have purchased a large portion of them—especially with her being the only grandchild.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

My brother also has a sister.....and most of my niece’s and nephew’s clothes are from their single, childless aunt.  Sister Vuolo might be more responsible with her spending than my brother’s sister is. 😅😳 

I don’t think his parents and siblings are buying all of her clothes, but it’s certainly possible that they have purchased a large portion of them—especially with her being the only grandchild.

Maybe. I certainly hope Valerie doesn't feel obligated to buy Felicity most of her clothes. I think it's quite sad that single women are expected to buy tons of clothes for their siblings' children. My sibling has no children, but I still wouldn't be buying more than outfit or two a year if that much.

Valerie seems to be living her life. She was visiting recently, but I doubt she sees Jeremy that often. Hopefully JinJer can clothe their own kid. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Felicity's little mary jane moccasins look rather expensive, and she's had at least three pairs. Jinger's not shopping in WalMart anymore.

remember that time JB told Jer he would need a second job to support Jinger's thrift store habit?

Who's laughing now JB?

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Zella said:

JB also didn't realize Jinger's thrift store habit didn't hold a candle to Jeremy's pocket square habit. 😂

Ha! Yeah forget Jinger's thrift store spending is no where near what Jeremy's spending on his clothes.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

NVM. The screenshot won't upload for some reason (it looks like it's done, but it won't post). 

5300 people showed up at G3.

Dang, was Jeremy‘s talk about how to have normal work days off to pursue your own interests? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Screenshot_20200116-112659_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.75e2f7065883aa51953d5f9725ded258.jpg

The Reverend Facy Pants did not post anything on Instagram. He posted on his stories but those pictures disappear after 24 hrs. Very strange that a guy going into ministry avoids posting anything about ministry. Both him and Jinger posted old pictures with the location in LA, nothing from Atlanta. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

At this point, I don’t think he has any intention of being a minister. He wants to be famous for being famous. The end.

I guess it’s possible he’s keeping this ministry shtick on the down low so that it doesn’t hurt his hipster fashion foodie brand and so that he keeps getting the MacArthur freebies and has something to fall back on...

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200116-112659_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.75e2f7065883aa51953d5f9725ded258.jpg

The Reverend Facy Pants did not post anything on Instagram. He posted on his stories but those pictures disappear after 24 hrs. Very strange that a guy going into ministry avoids posting anything about ministry. Both him and Jinger posted old pictures with the location in LA, nothing from Atlanta. 

What is he wearing? Did he lose the bottom half of his gangster suit in transit?  The woman on the right looks the best dressed for that occasion.  Jing looks like a flight attendant for long defunct TWA.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

5300 people showed up at G3.

Any idea how that compares to previous years?  Is that high attendance or low?

yeah, weird that he wouldn’t promote his preaching and attendance with famous preachers in every possible forum, as visibly as possible, given this is his calling in life. Hmmmm.    

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, awaken said:

Any idea how that compares to previous years?  Is that high attendance or low?

yeah, weird that he wouldn’t promote his preaching and attendance with famous preachers in every possible forum, as visibly as possible, given this is his calling in life. Hmmmm.    

Since Jeremy gave a number, something I don't recall him doing in previous years, I assume it's good news for G3.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

I seriously thought that Allie woman was Lauren!  Why do fundies all look alike?

But even Lauren wouldn't be caught dead in that 80 year old,  old lady pleated skirt!

Well, this crowd rebelled last year when vile John Piper was a speaker. He was deemed "too liberal" for them. He isn't speaking this year. 

That getup fits right in. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
20 minutes ago, louannems said:

I seriously thought that Allie woman was Lauren!  Why do fundies all look alike?

But even Lauren wouldn't be caught dead in that 80 year old,  old lady pleated skirt!

Lauren has a good sense of style. Very few women actually pull of "fundie chic" the way she does. I don't like her but I do like her fashions. 

Jinger's style isn't bad either. The ones who could really use a "fundie chic makeover" are Jessa and Jill.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

What is he wearing? Did he lose the bottom half of his gangster suit in transit?  The woman on the right looks the best dressed for that occasion.  Jing looks like a flight attendant for long defunct TWA.

The jacket doesn’t fit, either. It’s too small. I think he’s gained some weight from all of those foodie adventures and is too vain (or too poor) to buy new clothes. 

I Googled Allie Stuckey. She’s got the same abhorrent beliefs as the Duggars, but seems to be more vocal about them. And I’m sorry, but that picture makes her look like she’s got a face like a mud rail fence. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

The jacket doesn’t fit, either. It’s too small. I think he’s gained some weight from all of those foodie adventures and is too vain (or too poor) to buy new clothes. 

I've been wondering when all the eating was going to catch up with him. Once upon a time, I had a good friend who was in a culinary arts program, and she shared most of her homework with me. The semester she was in pastries, my ass expanded at a remarkable pace. 🤣 Between all the burgers, pizzas, ice cream, and doughnuts, I think it's just inevitable that Jeremy gains mass. I'd say he's also probably less physically active than he was. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Lauren has a good sense of style. Very few women actually pull of "fundie chic" the way she does. I don't like her but I do like her fashions. 

Jinger's style isn't bad either. The ones who could really use a "fundie chic makeover" are Jessa and Jill.

You are right about Lauren.  She dresses very well.  Jinger is starting to look awfully skinny to me.  Maybe the suit in the picture is too big for her.  Jeremy's clothes are too tight for him (is this the style right now?)??  If his jacket sleeves were just a little shorter and he was sporting a bowtie he would be veering into Pee Wee Herman territory.  The other girl in the photo is dressed a little old, but she looks more put together than the Vuolos.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I think she Lauren would actually.....Because I've read that pleated skirts are back. And the Duggarling Horde Love their trends! (while preaching loudly that they don't .)

"PLEATED SKIRTS ARE BACK IN STYLE

"If there is a trend you definitely don't want to miss this season, then it's a pleated skirt. Yes, this bottom piece is back in style now and we see pleats are making a surprising resurgence."

I actually like Jinger's suit with the red shoes, but I think it's because I need a new suit for work so it caught my eye. It's a little too formal and staid for someone her age, but I'm impressed she wore pants to this thing (unless this conference doesn't care about women in pants?).

• Love 11