Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Why is it almost every time Jessa visits Jinger she says it's a surprise?  Didn't she also show up as a surprise when Felicity was born?  Does Jinger not invite her so she invites herself?

• Love 20

The quality family time photo looks like a meme made by boomers being sarcastic about millennials. And Jinger since that's Jeremy and his sister, I want to point out I've seen photos of your brothers doing the same thing. 

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jeremy is the great paradox in that he is both the lesser dick and the bigger dick in this competition. 😉 

What I meant by "the lesser Dick" was that the dick posing next to Jinger is a lesser man than the Dick who was in Mary Poppins. That phrasing can be easily misinterpreted, I now realize.

8 minutes ago, Portia said:

What I meant by "the lesser Dick" was that the dick posing next to Jinger is a lesser man than the Dick who was in Mary Poppins. That phrasing can be easily misinterpreted, I now realize.

Oh I totally got that! I just meant he was a lesser dick as in less talented but also a bigger prick personality-wise. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

Why is it almost every time Jessa visits Jinger she says it's a surprise?  Didn't she also show up as a surprise when Felicity was born?  Does Jinger not invite her so she invites herself?

I think all the "surprises" are because TLC is filming and they need a hook. Can't just have a visit...we need the "suspense" of will-Jinger-figure-it-out-or-not. Jessa's too lazy to plan a surprise trip without the TLC mandate and too cheap to actually pay for such a trip. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Ben and Jessa probably visited a few weeks ago. Holiday season could mean anytime in December. And we know they post pictures long after they happened. 

Yes, Jeremy posted a pic of Ben at the LA house (the Great Cocoa Caper) about 2-3 weeks ago. That was real time, for once.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

How long until they squelch that little personality? 😢

I doubt they would particularly give a damn about her personality. They just want someone that will perform the acting role they need. If she can do that she’s pretty much in the clear. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm still mystified that RFP hasn't fixed his teeth yet.

Maybe he's doing Invisalign, so the changes are incremental? You know he's into the white strips.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/30/2019 at 6:30 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Felicity and Ivy look like they’re searching for the nearest exit so that they can make a break for it. 

That side eye on Felicity! And Ivy and Felicity have matching frowns. 

also I’m shocked the RFP mixed gray and brown. Shades and earth tones don’t mix! Tsk tsk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What are they doing to the poor kid's hair?

I'm guessing she keeps ripping out the bows, so to ensure everyone knows she's a girl they're putting what little bit they can into that spike on top of her head. It is not a good look.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

No pictures of Cade. No more adoring friendship with Cade and his mama?

Well, Cade and Gabby don't have as much time as various Duggars to show up whenever. They're trying to build careers, trying to strike when the iron is at least lukewarm. Lot of touring, recording, probably. (Also practicing and learning/creating/locating new stuff -- these not being things Duggarlings or Bin/Jer (for example) -- fully extemporaneous sermonizers -- know the first thing about, of course.) 

According to her calendar, though, Gabby's playing the Staples Center on January 9. Wonder if the Vuolos will get comped tickets and take some pics. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Felicity is wearing jeans with no dress over them.  I think this is a huge step forward.

And a black shirt w/ black/white hat covering most of her hair.  Very LA style inspired, but might confuse some regarding her gender.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Portia said:

It's truly glorious how not sweet Felicity is keeping in these recent pics. J & RFP heavily curate their image, yet there are all these frown or "whatever" shots. I want to believe it's an indication that she's not a child who wants to perform for her public 24/7. I also want to believe that this is a wee bit frustrating for her poser parents. You do you, Lissy! Live your life! 

I’d pay actual money to see the 43 outtakes...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Portia said:

It's truly glorious how not sweet Felicity is keeping in these recent pics. J & RFP heavily curate their image, yet there are all these frown or "whatever" shots. I want to believe it's an indication that she's not a child who wants to perform for her public 24/7. I also want to believe that this is a wee bit frustrating for her poser parents. You do you, Lissy! Live your life! 

It reminds me of the original actresses that played Lily on Modern Family. Their bewildered and not amused faces worked within the context of the show. Their mom had them "retire" because they weren't enjoying acting. It is painfully apparent watching old episodes that the twins were not happy being on camera. 

Felicity really isn't enjoying any of it. The Vuolos need to put down the camera and let her be a toddler. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It reminds me of the original actresses that played Lily on Modern Family. Their bewildered and not amused faces worked within the context of the show. Their mom had them "retire" because they weren't enjoying acting. It is painfully apparent watching old episodes that the twins were not happy being on camera. 

Felicity really isn't enjoying any of it. The Vuolos need to put down the camera and let her be a toddler. 

Toddlerhood is for run of the mill, ordinary people whose parents have occupations and jobs because they aren't worthy enough, attractive enough and pious enough to be "blessed".  

• Love 3

I don't think she looks any more "over it" than any other kid her age. Most kids go through a phase when they don't want to be held still for too long. It doesn't mean she's going to rebel against being filmed and/or videotaped. In fact whenever they take pictures of her on the move walking or just playing she's really happy. So it's just the still shots and that's perfectly normal. 

I'm more interested to see if Felicity is going to make it to 3 with no sibling. Has any Duggar child or grandchild ever done so? She's already guaranteed to make it to at least 2 1/2 ish unless Jinger is hiding a pregnancy really well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
51 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I’m sure they’ll tell her to work on her contentment.

• LOL 10
43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m sure they’ll tell her to work on her contentment.

I imagine Jenni and Jordyn hear that a lot. I actually feel bad for this kid. Once Counting On ends (eventually it will), she will still be expected to perform for the camera. 

Unless Jill is pregnant right now, Sam is going to be the first Duggar grandchild to make it to 3 years old without a younger sibling. I doubt Jill is pregnant. Congratulations Sam on breaking a Duggar record?

• Love 20