Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Oh, come on Jeremy, no one is going to buy you actually doing any work. 

I love how it seems designed to address all the naysayers about him never studying and actually just reinforces the idea that he never actually studies. Lol 

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
On 1/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, absnow54 said:

Are nylons much of a thing anymore? I'm a few years older than Jinger and haven't bought panty hose since elementary school for music concerts. I work in a fairly casual environment though where jeans are the norm, so I may be out of touch on these types of things, but I thought bare legs were pretty much standard now unless you were accessorizing with dark tights or leggings.

I don't know anyone under the age of 60+ who wears hose any more.  I see tights occasionally but not hose.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know anyone under the age of 60+ who wears hose any more.  I see tights occasionally but not hose.

Mechelle wears hose and tights, but she must have some serious varicose veins.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
On 1/22/2020 at 6:33 PM, Zella said:

I always used to assume that Josie licking stuff was just her being undisciplined. But last year, I read a bio of Chris Farley that talked a lot about his compulsive licking as part of his OCD. Like, he would lick items of clothing before he put them on and he would lick stuff in his wallet, and he would lick posts and stairs as he walked. And it wasn't just him trying to weird people out--he just couldn't help himself. 

Not saying that is Josie's issue, but ever since I read that book, I've wondered about her licking tic and if there are some psychological issues behind it. 

Like Brick on The Middle!

• Love 3

I don't know anyone over 60 who wears pantyhose either, but I live in southern California and I'm not sure even the Target near me has any for sale.  No surprise at all that Jinger isn't wearing hose.  

At the time of their wedding one of the big theories for Jinger's look walking out of the church was because of the gathering of paparazzi that she saw as soon as they got out the door.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

At the time of their wedding one of the big theories for Jinger's look walking out of the church was because of the gathering of paparazzi that she saw as soon as they got out the door.

I can believe this. Jinger seems uncomfortable with paparazzi attention now in CA too. And in the crying picture, I had wondered if part of the awkwardness for her was that she was seen crying. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I love how it seems designed to address all the naysayers about him never studying and actually just reinforces the idea that he never actually studies. Lol 

What he has proven is that, just like every other member of the Duggardom gang, he's not too bright. 

So congrats, Jer. You keep making it absolutely clear that you're a very suitable member of the horde of brainless grifting liars you married into but kinda think you're better than. (You actually fit in with them better than your wife does, I think.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I can believe this. Jinger seems uncomfortable with paparazzi attention now in CA too. And in the crying picture, I had wondered if part of the awkwardness for her was that she was seen crying. 

I don’t like them but in NYC if you want to wear skirts for much of the year you have to wear them. I have a bunch of tights and Hue hose (the best). 
as for Jin she should follow Jill’s lead and get a few inches chopped off. It would be easier to maintain the blond look if her hair was shorter. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If Jeremy was actually studying his post would be littered with words from that language he claimed he was learning. He's pretty pretentious like that. 

Jeremy runs off to read the dictionary so next post will have BIG words. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I actually have laryngospasms from spicy food, not so much fun if you like breathing. I'll keep making them with garlic, olive oil , salt and pepper ,and some diced pancetta which is really fabulous roasted.

Why don't we have a dedicated recipe topic around here? We can post real recipes as opposed to Jill or Michelle's dreck.

And this is the FIRST time I agree with Jinger, had to happen once I guess. Except for the hot sauce.

Edited by Chicklet
to actually include the person I am supposed to be posting on..
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I'm sorry but Jinger's fake looking blonde hair just washes her out. She would look great with a warm brown highlights or lowlights and about 8 inches cut off the length with gentle layers.

Bingo!

• Love 5

That is so pretty, and SO much healthier than that overall blonde that could cause breakage, and is so obvious that it needs constant upkeep.

The length would be so much more flattering too.  RFP can suck it if he needs his wife to risk hair loss for his massive ego.  Of course, she'll do whatever he dictates.  

Does Jin REALLY have it that much better than her sisters?  I wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why hasn’t she posted an after picture by now? You’d think that would have been the third pic in her post. Are we lowly “fan” undeserving of seeing her hair after she had the roots done, or is the pic with the Brussels sprouts (which are always gross) the “after” pic. I did notice plenty of blond “highlights” in that pic. I don’t like her hair with the bleached streaks and would much prefer brown with caramel highlights like somebody else posted. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That coat looks pretty expensive...

My comment was far too harsh. I just think Jinger should go with the jeans, combat boots and hoodie because that looked good in her. I’ll leave it at that for this pic. 

Edited by Namaste
  • Love 2

Two probably unpopular opinions. I think her outfit looks OK on her. I'd like to see Jilly try something like that. And I wish pantyhose would make a comeback. IMO, it looks tacky and unfinished to be dressed up with bare legs. Not to mention being barefoot in your heels. I'm probably the only 37 year old who still wears hose when I get dressed up. 

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Two probably unpopular opinions. I think her outfit looks OK on her. I'd like to see Jilly try something like that. And I wish pantyhose would make a comeback. IMO, it looks tacky and unfinished to be dressed up with bare legs. Not to mention being barefoot in your heels. I'm probably the only 37 year old who still wears hose when I get dressed up. 

I can't stand wearing dress shoes without hose. My feet feel sweaty and crammed into a sausage casing without a layer between them and the shoe.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Yes!  So much more polished to wear pantyhose.

1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I can't stand wearing dress shoes without hose. My feet feel sweaty and crammed into a sausage casing without a layer between them and the shoe.

And yes.  Bare feet sticking to the shoes is so uncomfortable.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Yes!  So much more polished to wear pantyhose.

And yes.  Bare feet sticking to the shoes is so uncomfortable.

All I can think of is the smell when you take them off, and the blisters from sweating in them all day.  🤮

• Love 9

I wear knee high pantyhose on the rare occasion when I have to dress up because I don't want people to see my bare legs. I refuse to wear the full length ones. I hated them as a kid, and I hate them as a 30-year-old. I haven't really noticed other women my age wearing hose. I think it is usually leggings, which I don't wear.

In any event, I won't fault Jinger for the no hose look. 

• Love 5

I wear pantyhose exclusively when dressed for an occasion or going to work. I agree with the bare feet in shoes thing; feet sticking to the shoe, blisters and smelly shoes afterwards. The look of hose gives my legs a finished, even look. My legs look great in them. 

• Love 10

I agree that the lack of panty hose isn't a fashion faux pas, but when you're not blessed with good legs, they go a long way to mask flaws. Jinger could use them. 

With that said, I like the BOHO look much better than Christian Stepford Wife. She looks much more comfortable and relaxed.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Zella said:

I wear knee high pantyhose on the rare occasion when I have to dress up because I don't want people to see my bare legs. I refuse to wear the full length ones. I hated them as a kid, and I hate them as a 30-year-old. I haven't really noticed other women my age wearing hose. I think it is usually leggings, which I don't wear.

In any event, I won't fault Jinger for the no hose look. 

It's leggings or black pantyhose around our age. I normally wear black pantyhose for formal events and leggings for dresses at work. 

The only thing with Jinger is I think she would go several shades darker than her actual skin tone so she would have bronze legs and a not so bronze rest of her body.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Felicity's coat is Calvin Klein, also expensive, unless Jinger found it at a consignment store. It's adorable, though.

Jinger is wearing her brussels sprouts blouse.  Clothes do absorb cooking odors and brussels sprouts are notorious for odor!

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, louannems said:

Felicity's coat is Calvin Klein, also expensive, unless Jinger found it at a consignment store. It's adorable, though.

Costco carries a lot of CK for children, I bought many for SGirl when she was in the toddler stage. Surprisingly not expensive.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1