Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Buffalo as in bison? Or as in buffalo wing sauce? As to paraphrase my favorite quote from Tommy Lee Jones, "I don't know what you mean to imply by the word buffalo."

Edited to add: The internet tells me brussels sprouts with buffalo sauce is a thing. I don't eat brussels sprouts, so I had no clue. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3

Well, piffle. I love Brussel sprouts. 

I have a tough time imagining how they’d taste with hot sauce and pancetta, though...

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hate 'em.

I bet you hate them because you've only tried them boiled.  Yuck is right!  Pan fried in olive oil and garlic and onions till browned, even charred, and they taste so different.  Carmalized and really good!  Oven roasted is  even better!

• Like 19
  • Useful 1

Nah, I'm a supertaster, and most cooked veggies taste like dirt to my palate.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

Wow, if looks could kill in that photo. Jeremy looks truly pissed at Jinger. I bet Jeremy has quite a temper. Yes, Felicity needs to be at home, napping.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, louannems said:

I bet you hate them because you've only tried them boiled.  Yuck is right!  Pan fried in olive oil and garlic and onions till browned, even charred, and they taste so different.  Carmalized and really good!  Oven roasted is  even better!

Not to convince Brussels sprouts haters - I like them every way. Overcooked in a steam table, not overcooked, made in a skillet (which really turns them into something else) and even made into a slaw.  I don’t like anything overly hot so not sure about her recipe. 

• Like 5

I don't like Brussel Sprouts so I think drowning them in hot sauce sounds like a good idea if you like hot sauce. I'm tempted to try oven roasting them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Has anyone done them in an air fryer?

That is on my list of things to try. I never liked them much and then I had some roasted ones (with balsamic vinegar) and I became a convert. Another place by us does them fried with a Thai chili dipping sauce. OMG, they are so, so good. Some of the leaves turn super crispy and are almost chip like.... I like them to have a bit of char on them.... Still don't like them much boiled though. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10

Personally, I like them lightly steamed or roasted. *desperately trying to stay on topic* I don't think Jinger would eat brussels sprouts because they're like cabbage - they make you gassy, and that causes bloating. If she did eat them, I'm sure she would use an air fryer because that would cut calories.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

I tried to edit it, but the pic was still too big. Jeremy ate the pupae of some insect. It's in his stories if anyone wants to try and post it here.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E4E51015-1D9A-4E64-AE7E-BCB8C7E927E5.jpeg

309A79C9-5A8A-48B7-AFA5-25B0249AA519.jpeg

Christ on a cracker.  That is beyond repulsive. I'd rather eat Jingles Brussel sprouts. Anyone needs me, I'll be projectile vomiting. 

• Laugh 21

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E4E51015-1D9A-4E64-AE7E-BCB8C7E927E5.jpeg

309A79C9-5A8A-48B7-AFA5-25B0249AA519.jpeg

Proof the agent who they hired dumped them?  Or he still thinks he is all that.  Why would this be posted?  He is nothing without his props.

Though  I am sure some fan will fly in and say a way overdressed, rapidly balding dude is on point by eating bugs.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Hey, Chip Gaines ate a dead cockroach on their show. Also a shed snakeskin. 🤮

So RFP is going for that lovable scamp brand.* I guess.

* It didn’t work for me when Chip did that shtick and it’s even worse with RFP. 

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hey, Chip Gaines ate a dead cockroach on their show. Also a shed snakeskin. 🤮

So RFP is going for that lovable scamp brand.* I guess.

* It didn’t work for me when Chip did that shtick and it’s even worse with RFP. 

Yeah, some things just shouldn’t be eaten. By anyone. Ever. 

• Like 8

🤮🤮🤮 some guy was grilling guinea pigs in a park and cops got called. It’s not a crime to eat guinea pigs.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Guinea pigs are a major protein food source in Peru.  Houses have dedicated "guinea pig rooms" to raise food for their families. Many cultures eat bugs and larvae.  I prefer to stick with In 'n Out myself, but food supplies are different in different places. (There was a restaurant in San Louis Obispo, California, that served fried turkey testicles as snack food.  Apparently they were very popular!)  We don't know where the Vuolos were eating, but, compared to all the other dumb things that show up on social media, sharing his unique eating experience does not seem out of line to me.

• Like 22
  • Useful 2

I was rewatching Titanic tonight, and it struck me that Jeremy looks like a budget Billy Zane. . . . 

• Laugh 13

On 1/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, QuinnInND said:

Brussel sprouts.  🤮YMMV. 

Kind of a dressy top for cooking.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Kind of a dressy top for cooking.

It's more plausible she's cooking in that than the one with bell sleeves. Also, her hair is tied back. I'm almost convinced it's real.  😁

• Laugh 12

Screenshot_20200125-103628_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4a5641f55f6c089723d2db3f3e6e6ae1.jpg

Thos photo made me laugh. Did she really photoshop paperwork onto his hand? What exactly is he talking notes of? 😂

Also his phone is conveniently opened to a picture of FeliciTEE. A staged mess.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10

About time she got that touched up.

Major points for the leopard boots though. Michelle must be sniveling into her macchiato.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

612093C9-3316-41F7-B01B-1D15A562E8DA.jpeg

F6B4804C-9098-455C-AA19-0FD202828706.jpeg

Well, this time the "I got bayalage" dispute can't come up. Here's photo evidence of her getting highlights. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Glad to see Jinger is having her hair colored again - I have mine highlighted every 6 weeks, and that is kind of pushing the envelope. She should have seen a colorist long before now! 

• Like 4

On 1/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Most women don’t wear nylons much, but the Duggars simply have unfortunate looking legs.

I don’t have great legs but I give thanks that pantihose have gone the way of the dinosaurs. So many reasons to hate them. If people love to wear them, I don’t care, but I’m so glad it’s no longer expected. 

I think Jinger looks just fine. 

• Like 18

Jinger loves leopard print 😁

Screenshot_20200125-120031_Instagram.thumb.jpg.364fd297288dd3262005bf112d694e61.jpg

Screenshot_20200125-115618_Google.thumb.jpg.1528dadc1e8243173c25b59d0b7aa0cd.jpg

Looked through the hairdresser's page and this look would look better on her. The blonde does nothing for her especially when she never bothers to style it. I guess she needs permission from RFP to go back to brown.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger loves leopard print 😁

Screenshot_20200125-120031_Instagram.thumb.jpg.364fd297288dd3262005bf112d694e61.jpg

Screenshot_20200125-115618_Google.thumb.jpg.1528dadc1e8243173c25b59d0b7aa0cd.jpg

Looked through the hairdresser's page and this look would look better on her. The blonde does nothing for her especially when she never bothers to style it. I guess she needs permission from RFP to go back to brown.

That color is really pretty- I think it would look nice on Jinger. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That color is really pretty- I think it would look nice on Jinger. 

I admittedly don't have a great eye for stuff like this, but I do think that would match her overall coloring better and look nice on her. 

• Like 1

I don't even understand the picture of Jeremy.

And where are they? Wedding picture on the wall and Christmas centerpiece on the table with the rest of whatever it is on the table.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200125-103628_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4a5641f55f6c089723d2db3f3e6e6ae1.jpg

Thos photo made me laugh. Did she really photoshop paperwork onto his hand? What exactly is he talking notes of? 😂

Also his phone is conveniently opened to a picture of FeliciTEE. A staged mess.

Oh, come on Jeremy, no one is going to buy you actually doing any work. 

• Laugh 19

58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love how it seems designed to address all the naysayers about him never studying and actually just reinforces the idea that he never actually studies. Lol 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 11

2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He is working. He is being an influencer and model! (Snorts with laughter)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

On 1/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, absnow54 said:

Are nylons much of a thing anymore? I'm a few years older than Jinger and haven't bought panty hose since elementary school for music concerts. I work in a fairly casual environment though where jeans are the norm, so I may be out of touch on these types of things, but I thought bare legs were pretty much standard now unless you were accessorizing with dark tights or leggings.

I don't know anyone under the age of 60+ who wears hose any more.  I see tights occasionally but not hose.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know anyone under the age of 60+ who wears hose any more.  I see tights occasionally but not hose.

Mechelle wears hose and tights, but she must have some serious varicose veins.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 6

On 1/22/2020 at 6:33 PM, Zella said:

I always used to assume that Josie licking stuff was just her being undisciplined. But last year, I read a bio of Chris Farley that talked a lot about his compulsive licking as part of his OCD. Like, he would lick items of clothing before he put them on and he would lick stuff in his wallet, and he would lick posts and stairs as he walked. And it wasn't just him trying to weird people out--he just couldn't help himself. 

Not saying that is Josie's issue, but ever since I read that book, I've wondered about her licking tic and if there are some psychological issues behind it. 

Like Brick on The Middle!

• Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, QuinnInND said:

Brussel sprouts.  🤮YMMV. 

LOVE Brussel spouts!  Her face looks in pretty bad shape here.

• Like 4

I don't know anyone over 60 who wears pantyhose either, but I live in southern California and I'm not sure even the Target near me has any for sale.  No surprise at all that Jinger isn't wearing hose.  

At the time of their wedding one of the big theories for Jinger's look walking out of the church was because of the gathering of paparazzi that she saw as soon as they got out the door.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

At the time of their wedding one of the big theories for Jinger's look walking out of the church was because of the gathering of paparazzi that she saw as soon as they got out the door.

I can believe this. Jinger seems uncomfortable with paparazzi attention now in CA too. And in the crying picture, I had wondered if part of the awkwardness for her was that she was seen crying. 

• Like 3

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.