Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I could be wrong but I think JB likes Jeremy bc there’s a part of JB that wanted to be invited to fancy cocktail parties with Washington politicians with the chic Betty Draper wives rather than Mechelle. And Jeremy with his pocket squares and aspirations to become a big deal reverend sort of fit the life JB wanted to lead. I notice that Anna still has vestiges of that life: she dresses her kids pretty nice and favors things like lettuce tacos and the Washington Nationals. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I laughed when I saw Last Kiss by Pearl Jam. Jeremy definitely chose these "love songs". I doubt even he listens to those artists. I wondered if maybe she's trying to get Cade and Gabby more streams. 

That outfit and look age her so much. She looks boring. 

But it talks about the Lord and how he's got to be good so he can see his baby when he leaves this world!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I wonder if JinJer saw the amount of attention Jill's haircut brought her so they went that route too. JinJer are so thirsty for fame and chasing the "likes".

I think Jinger does miss her family. There was an episode where JB, Michelle, and some of the kids surprised her for her birthday or something in Texas and I thought Jinger said she missed her mom. Her reaction to seeing her family looked pretty emotional. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I pulled it up.  The list was definitely put together by Jeremy and neither one understands what a love song is supposed to be.  If you are going to put a Coldplay song on a list of love songs, then its Yellow or The Scientist if you want a tearjerker.   Not Paradise or A Sky Full of Stars.  I would also accept Fix You, but that is veering too close to pop song that doubles as Christian music for my taste.

I consider A Thousand Years a love song.  I think she has decent taste in music.

Edited by farmgal4
Left out a letter
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

But it talks about the Lord and how he's got to be good so he can see his baby when he leaves this world!

That song has always screamed "sensitive guy trying to score with a new chick" vibe.  He isn't living the life of a monk waiting to be reunited with his baby.  He is looking for a new baby.  

8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I consider A Thousand Years a love song.  I think she has decent taste in music.

I was only commenting on the music I had personal experience with.  Paradise by Coldplay is about a girl living in poverty, in a place where bullets fly on a regular basis dreaming of escaping that life.  Her dreams of paradise are dreams of the sweet release of death to finally escape the hell she is living in.  Nothing romantic about that.  Versus, the acoustic version of Yellow which is actually a love song and one of my favorites.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That song has always screamed "sensitive guy trying to score with a new chick" vibe.  He isn't living the life of a monk waiting to be reunited with his baby.  He is looking for a new baby.  

Do you think they realize that though? I think they heard some parts about The Lord and heaven and assumed it was a Christian love song. 

• Love 6

Heather Locklear convinced an entire generation of women that deliberate dark roots and bleached blonde hair were sexy and cool.  That trend is STILL around. 

I think Jinger looks great.  And I think she does her hair exactly the way she wants to.  Because regardless of the religious background, many women like being blonde for themselves, not just because their husband is supposedly controlling.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's doing the Duchess Meghan look.  Tuck in front, only.

It looks sloppy to me. Either tuck it in all the way or untuck it. 

I'm surprised she listens to A Thousand Years. Pleasantly surprised. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

It's a street-style thing. You know, when there's nothing else you can do to be different, people think of stuff like this......It's why even high-water pants come into fashion periodically.

No matter how silly a clothing trend looks, if it's something that's seldom been seen before (in recent years, at least) the aspiring hipsters can glom onto it and use it to signal their superiority to others. 

Here they all are in a Googlable bunch..... I expect Jingle and Jer study these various trends diligently these days in their fervor to turn themselves into big-time influencers and fit in (while also standing out) in the LA of their dreams -- 

https://www.google.com/search?q=half-tucked+shirt+trend&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjurcjg0bjnAhVmhHIEHX5CD1wQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1366&bih=625

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Trillium said:

How long until Jessa chops her hair? 

D57DEC94-C0A1-44C6-B6CA-A8ECCB5A47B8.jpeg

Not that it means a damn thing, but.....I give Jinger a fail. She has a cute figure, a sweet face. She has the potential to knock her look out of the park. But, she looks so fuddy duddy to me. She remains lost between two worlds. Fundie and California!

She is clearly trying for the stereotypical Cali hair color. FAIL. It looks like I did her color for her. The style is boring to me. I wish, since the opportunity is there and she is willing to try new looks, that she would just get a killer hair cut. Wispy and fun. Age appropriate. This style, nah, so not hip.

Her cloths are just drab. Icky colors, no style, no fun, no hip attitude. Show off that figure, Jin! FLAUNT IT. And lay off the gobs of make up, does not suit you. And lastly, you don't need  a filter. Just be who you are. If Jeremy can't handle that, kick his suits and books and fucking pocket squares out the door. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

If Jeremy can't handle that, kick his suits and books and fucking pocket squares out the door. 

I agree 100%, but I also totally think she'd break her foot trying to kick all his shit out the door! I refuse to believe she has more clothing than RPP.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Not that it means a damn thing, but.....I give Jinger a fail. She has a cute figure, a sweet face. She has the potential to knock her look out of the park. But, she looks so fuddy duddy to me. She remains lost between two worlds. Fundie and California!

She is clearly trying for the stereotypical Cali hair color. FAIL. It looks like I did her color for her. The style is boring to me. I wish, since the opportunity is there and she is willing to try new looks, that she would just get a killer hair cut. Wispy and fun. Age appropriate. This style, nah, so not hip.

Her cloths are just drab. Icky colors, no style, no fun, no hip attitude. Show off that figure, Jin! FLAUNT IT. And lay off the gobs of make up, does not suit you. And lastly, you don't need  a filter. Just be who you are. If Jeremy can't handle that, kick his suits and books and fucking pocket squares out the door. 

She does look very corporate from the neck down.  A light blue blouse and khakis is not a good look for anyone outside of the office.  There is no way to make those pieces look good.  Those are pieces you wear because you look presentable not because you want to wear them.  But, she is trying to make us think she likes those clothes, and failing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I really like that song and throughly enjoy the piano. I wonder if Jinger likes how prominent the piano is on the song. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I can’t believe people are still doing that? I hadn’t seen anyone do that since at least 2007-2008 in the African-American community. It’s circled around already?!?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I can’t believe people are still doing that? I hadn’t seen anyone do that since at least 2007-2008 in the African-American community. It’s circled around already?!?

Yes, that tuck seems to be a thing. I'm noticing it on, of all places, HGTV and DIY shows. 

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Well, that's over a decade... I guess there are only a few things you can easily do to alter your clothes in this kind of way......The feasible options may run out pretty quickly... 

Plus, it's an age thing....Younger people come along who didn't do it or maybe even notice it 10 years ago! While people at the upper end of the age bracket who did it last time probably don't do that kind of stuff any more...

The bigger fashion trends that involve the fashion business supposedly recycle every 20 to 30 years, so i'm guessing that a 10-year cycle may be pretty normal for this smaller "how you wear your stuff" fad? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, what financial goals can she possibly have? They're living off freebies and the money from the Laredo house. 

Don’t forget selling pictures of her birth!

• LOL 7

I love her new haircut...the color could use some tweaking, but the cut is nice.

The blouse has a nice drape to it and it's a pretty color. I actually like the outfit.....with the best part being the obviously NON-PREGNANT stomach area.

Jinger is NEVER EVER going back to Arkansas.

• Love 19

I French tucked my shirts in junior high. In the EARLY 1990s! That was in addition to French rolling my jeans. 

Jinger shilling an investment app is all sorts of WTF. She doesn't even have her own LLC, because Jeremy apparently does in Arkansas!

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I French tucked my shirts in junior high. In the EARLY 1990s! That was in addition to French rolling my jeans. 

Jinger shilling an investment app is all sorts of WTF. She doesn't even have her own LLC, because Jeremy apparently does in Arkansas!

I'm wondering if it's an app Jeremy likes, but he feels a bit snakebit about how some of his influencer attempts have blown up recently. So, Jinger is the one who gets to do this round. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not sure what sort of a scale we are grading on here, but I think she looks somewhere between perfectly fine and very pretty. If I was forced to critique, I might say that the filter wipes away most of the detail in her facial features, so she ends up very nondescript, which, on the one hand, makes her indistinguishable from the average "pretty girl" out there, but also makes her all but impossible to set apart from the herd.

If that look is fuddy-duddy, I'd give me eye teeth to be that fuddy-duddy. Is everything precisely on point? Maybe not quite to standards for a high-fashion magazine or supermodel, but those aren't standards anyone in the real world can reach. Her hair may not he to everyone's taste, but the cut is nice, and the color is not much different to anything I see around me everyday without feeling the need to criticize it. The shirt-tuck is identical to a lot of what I see in the average Macy's catalog (just as an example, given that I do the bulk of my clothes shopping there), and certainly does not seem passé in any way.

The colors may not be exciting, but they seem easy on the eye in a neutral way. She seems to be flaunting her figure enough to make it clear that it's fit and trim without being in your face. And as for filters vs "gobs of makeup", the one rather tends to mute the other, so if she is using a strong filter she would need pretty heavy makeup just to bring her facial features into some sort of focus. At any event, on this particular photo it does not appear overdone to my eye. In short, it's an attractive picture which   has obviously been through a bit of manipulation, but not enough to look particularly unnatural, of a pretty girl who, while she may not be a trained model with a crew of stylists, is every bit as attractive as any other pretty girl on the street.

Excellent review of Jinger's style!  I think she looks fine and does not need to be any more on trend than she is.  She looks comfortable in her outfits and though Jeremy may give his opinion of her clothes and hair, I don't think he is dressing her like a doll.  Jinger is NEVER going back to Arkansas.

• Love 13

The app looks reasonably useful. What I don’t believe for a minute is that Jinger has anything to do with managing their finances...that’s only for the penis-blessed.

RFP would be thrown out of MacArthur park if he let the wifey manage their money. I mean, what’s next? Independent thoughts?

• LOL 9
  • Love 10

"Vimvest and Apex Clearing Corp do not provide legal or tax advice and investors should consult with their personal legal and tax advisors prior to funding an account or making any investment. Any investment outcomes or goal achievement dates are hypothetical in nature, provided for educational purposes only, do not reflect actual investment returns, are not individualized, are not intended to serve as the primary or sole basis for investment decisions, and are not guarantees of future results. Please see full disclosure for more information."

This is one of those apps that make me wonder, "If I have to do all this additional stuff to get any reasonable results, why do I need your app in the first place?" 

It seems to claim it's an investment advisor .... except it's not.....And if I want to invest or deposit something...my bank has an app.....my broker has an app......hmm....

Wonder how they chose this one? Because it's connected to other TeeVee breakout stars? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The same way they chose Fonuts - their agent!

That's what I was thinking. By now, I'm envisioning them feeling about their agent like how George Bluth felt about his lawyers.

tenor.gif?itemid=8555658

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

A finance app is the last thing that seems to be like a good fit for "Jin-the-Influencer"...  but I guess she's taking whatever she can get at this point.

I question what the social media/advertising manager for that app was thinking having a person that has never worked a day in her life promote the product.  Obviously they had zero knowledge about her and only that she has a slew of followers.  One could argue that the show is her job, and since there is income from that, she a good fit for the app,  I wonder what the conversion rate was for that promotion.

It's too bad that she doesn't get some sort of cosmetic brand partnership, because I could see her followers totally grabbing it up buy the bucket loads.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

A finance app is the last thing that seems to be like a good fit for "Jin-the-Influencer"...  but I guess she's taking whatever she can get at this point.

I question what the social media/advertising manager for that app was thinking having a person that has never worked a day in her life promote the product.  Obviously they had zero knowledge about her and only that she has a slew of followers.  One could argue that the show is her job, and since there is income from that, she a good fit for the app,  I wonder what the conversion rate was for that promotion.

It's too bad that she doesn't get some sort of cosmetic brand partnership, because I could see her followers totally grabbing it up buy the bucket loads.

I don’t see any legitimate cosmetics company choosing a hateful, anti-LGBT fundie to promote their product.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don’t see any legitimate cosmetics company choosing a hateful, anti-LGBT fundie to promote their product.

And that's the rub that I don't think Jinger and Jeremy are willing to accept. 

• Love 16