Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Someone on Reddit said that Jinger posted the wrong link. She posted the link for influencers that had insctructions on how to make the videos.

You can take the girl out of Duggardom, but you can't take Duggardom Competence out of the girl. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

You can take the girl out of Duggardom, but you can't take Duggardom Competence out of the girl. 

Didn't want that to sound as mean as it does, really. I make tech mistakes and typos too. 

But if this is your career, and they've said it is, you need to get stuff right. Because these posts aren't one part of that career. They're the whole damn career. 

I wonder if Jingle's getting a little tired of the whole uphill push with minimal results -- and no really good blueprint for what to do -- of this influencer thing...

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, louannems said:

I'm so glad I went to the same hospital everyday for 31 years, and worked my x-ray tech job with satisfaction.  No way would I want to be an "influencer"!   Now I have my retirement pension,  my 403b nest egg, my savings, and my social security, and our paid off house.  What's Jinger going to have when she's 62?  Her washed out preacher husband's pitiful next egg?

And I bet you did it all without an app!

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jeremy didn't do any better with his business training/education.  Jingle didn't do this on her own.

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Jeremy didn't do any better with his business training/education.  Jingle didn't do this on her own.

Yeah, I get why Jinger isn't good at this. What's his excuse?

• Love 14
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's too bad that she doesn't get some sort of cosmetic brand partnership, because I could see her followers totally grabbing it up buy the bucket loads.

16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don’t see any legitimate cosmetics company choosing a hateful, anti-LGBT fundie to promote their product.

Leaving aside the Duggars' hateful beliefs, cosmetic companies have so many possible influencers to choose from that Jinger doesn't stand a chance.  In order for you to get a contract in any form from a cosmetic company, you have to eat, breath, dream and shit makeup.  Have a million plus subscribers on your YouTube channel where you only post makeup related content regularly plus another million Instagram followers.  You also better have a daily Insta post with your flawless makeup.  The beauty influencers who do get free product also do not play.  They would eat Jinger alive for just existing because she was a Duggar.  They thrive on conflict.  Just Google Jeffree Star.  If a company was known to give Jinger (or Anna or Jessa or Jill or any Bates girl) they would pounce on Social Media.  The potential sales from Jinger's followers is not worth the loss in revenue and good name by collaborating with her.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Because he's a lazy braggart who only pursued higher education because, first, he thought it'd lead to his becoming a very rich and famous soccer player and, second -- now -- because he thinks it could lead to his becoming a rich and famous big-church, all-over-the-media pastor.....

I think the chances that Jer's ever gone to school with the intention of learning something he would actually use in a job of some kind are very small. He's been looking for easy fame from day one. Soccer didn't provide it. 

Now he'll find out whether pastoring or influencing works any better. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Because he's a lazy braggart who only pursued higher education because, first, he thought it'd lead to his becoming a very rich and famous soccer player and, second -- now -- because he thinks it can lead to his becoming a rich and famous big-church, all-over-the-media pastor.....

I think the chances that Jer's ever going to school with the intention of learning something he would actually use in a job of some kind are very small. He's been looking for easy fame from day one. Soccer didn't provide it. 

Yes, agree 100%! I think Jeremy has always been on the look out for easy money. But as one of my relatives always said, the lazy man works the hardest. If Jeremy expended half as much energy into an endeavor as he does trying to get pie jobs, he'd probably be doing fairly well for himself on his own merit rather than hanging onto the coattails of his in-laws he despises and brown-nosing hateful geriatric fundie fuckheads. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Because he's a lazy braggart who only pursued higher education because, first, he thought it'd lead to his becoming a very rich and famous soccer player and, second -- now -- because he thinks it could lead to his becoming a rich and famous big-church, all-over-the-media pastor.....

I think the chances that Jer's ever gone to school with the intention of learning something he would actually use in a job of some kind are very small. He's been looking for easy fame from day one. Soccer didn't provide it. 

Jeremy thinks he’s too good to work an ordinary job.  His arrogance knows no bounds.  I don’t know how Jinger can stomach it.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jeremy thinks he’s too good to work an ordinary job.  His arrogance knows no bounds.  I don’t know how Jinger can stomach it.

Jing still has stars in her eyes.  I do wonder how comfortable she is around the other wives.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Leaving aside the Duggars' hateful beliefs, cosmetic companies have so many possible influencers to choose from that Jinger doesn't stand a chance.  In order for you to get a contract in any form from a cosmetic company, you have to eat, breath, dream and shit makeup.  Have a million plus subscribers on your YouTube channel where you only post makeup related content regularly plus another million Instagram followers.  You also better have a daily Insta post with your flawless makeup.  The beauty influencers who do get free product also do not play.  They would eat Jinger alive for just existing because she was a Duggar.  They thrive on conflict.  Just Google Jeffree Star.  If a company was known to give Jinger (or Anna or Jessa or Jill or any Bates girl) they would pounce on Social Media.  The potential sales from Jinger's followers is not worth the loss in revenue and good name by collaborating with her.  

I agree and that's where JinJer are between a rock and a hard place. They won't publicly denounce their beliefs, but they have no chance of making it as influencers if they don't. So they're on a perpetual hamster wheel: chasing sponsorships, landing the odd one and then watching it disappear due to negative publicity. And on and on it goes. Hell, I think Jill's had more Instagram success than Jinger, and that's saying something. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yes, agree 100%! I think Jeremy has always been on the look out for easy money. But as one of my relatives always said, the lazy man works the hardest. If Jeremy expended half as much energy into an endeavor as he does trying to get pie jobs, he'd probably be doing fairly well for himself on his own merit rather than hanging onto the coattails of his in-laws he despises and brown-nosing hateful geriatric fundie fuckheads. 

If he spent as much time and effort as he did on soccer, he would be a success. 

As much as people rag on his soccer career,  he eventually played DI soccer  and then some pro soccer.  That is top tier in the US.   Though, that effort may have burned him out.  

BUT,  now that he is in his 30s with a  wife and child,  the preening and grifting rather than working is rather unseemly and directionless.  This preaching gig better start working out soon.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

If he spent as much time and effort as he did on soccer, he would be a success. 

As much as people rag on his soccer career,  he eventually played DI soccer  and then some pro soccer.  That is top tier in the US.   Though, that effort may have burned him out.  

BUT,  now that he is in his 30s with a  wife and child,  the preening and grifting rather than working is rather unseemly and directionless.  This preaching gig better start working out soon.

Oh that's certainly fair enough. But my understanding too is that he only actually played for a Finnish club that is not top-tier globally. I don't know that he ever played for the New York MLS team that signed him? 

So in that sense Jeremy reminds me of the vast majority of people who pursue athletic careers. For every David Beckham and Patrick Mahomes (yes, I know not soccer but GO CHIEFS!), there are dozens of Jeremy Vuolos who may have experienced some minor success but never actually took off. I wouldn't at all be surprised that Jeremy isn't a bit bitter about his lack of soccer fame. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh that's certainly fair enough. But my understanding too is that he only actually played for a Finnish club that is not top-tier globally. I don't know that he ever played for the New York MLS team that signed him? 

So in that sense Jeremy reminds me of the vast majority of people who pursue athletic careers. For every David Beckham and Patrick Mahomes (yes, I know not soccer but GO CHIEFS!), there are dozens of Jeremy Vuolos who may have experienced some minor success but never actually took off. I wouldn't at all be surprised that Jeremy isn't a bit bitter about his lack of soccer fame. 

I lost my initial reply..... so I'll simplify.  Very few all conference level high school athletes play college sports at any level.  Even fewer receive scholarships to play at DI schools, like Syracuse.  And even fewer athletes at the elite DI level, ever make any professional team.  It is rarified air.  I consider Jer's soccer career elite, but short lived.  He wasn't good enough or driven to make it a long term career. 

But it was over for a long time and other than being given a job through his dad for which he had no training, he has done next to nothing in the after sports career that all jocks have to deal with.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Probably because Jill is authentic. Often awkward, but very much herself. Jinger is so disingenuous, no one knows who she really is or what she really likes. She is like tofu, as some have said! 

And yet I prefer Jinger's more attractive inauthentic posts.  Poorly thought out, sloppy incompetence, no matter how authentic it may be, is unappealing to me.

• Love 4

I think by being herself, Jill has tapped into a market that isn't huge, but does exist ie. young, conservative, stay at home moms who need things that are quick, easy and small child friendly. Jill has also chosen smaller companies who are either conservative or don't really publicize where they land on the liberal conservative spectrum which decreases the chance of people criticizing the company (or the company caring if they do). 

Jin and Jer on the other hand, are marketing to the following unicorn

1- Affluent

2- Young

3- Religiously and possibly socially conservative

4- But still willing to spend their (large) disposable income on socially progressive companies (people have posted that a good number of the restaurants J and J have patronized are LGBTQ+ friendly).

5- Fastidious enough to care about metrosexual business fashion and pocket squares

6- the hipster stereotype who is a gourmet baker but never cooks dinner at home

7- In the LA area (some of the restaurants they've hyped don't look half bad but I'm not travelling all the way to LA to see).

I would be really, really surprised if this demographic a. exists in numbers large enough to matter and b. if they do exist actually care about what d-list reality stars think.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 5
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm so glad I went to the same hospital everyday for 31 years, and worked my x-ray tech job with satisfaction.  No way would I want to be an "influencer"!   Now I have my retirement pension,  my 403b nest egg, my savings, and my social security, and our paid off house.  What's Jinger going to have when she's 62?  Her washed out preacher husband's pitiful next egg?

Jinger will have his collection of pocket squares to wipe her tears.

• LOL 9
21 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

And 1/19 of whatever JBoob and Mechelle leave behind.

Look on the bright side. Could be 1/18th. Good chance Jill and Derick won't be in the will. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Jer played some in the pre-season for the Red Bulls, and apparently enjoyed some success. But by the time the season started, they'd drafted another young guy to also compete to be the first-teamer. As a drafted player, that guy got the first starts once the season began, and he won the spot and kept it.

And this seems to have been Jer's last play in that preseason.  This against Real Salt Lake. .... It was an unfortunate moment to have a miss -- that led to a team loss. 

"With nothing much doing in the opening half, it was Wingert's unexpected goal in the 28th minute that breathed life into the contest. After receiving a quick square ball from Ned Grabavoy 30 yards from goal, Wingert cut back, and with plenty of space, unleashed a right-footed blast that caught Red Bulls goalkeeper Jeremy Vuolo off guard."

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2012/3/4/20397515/rsl-downs-red-bulls-in-consolation-game

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Jeremy thinks he is talented... he is not. All his ideas are garbage. He feels he is too good for regular 9-5. He wants to get rich quick. Not happening. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, louannems said:

Your life has been similar to mine, and we both have a comfortable retirement.  

Actually having a real job, with adequate pay and benefits, is nothing to sneeze at.  It sure must beat an iffy gig, with no promises or guarantees.  Security is sweet.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Look on the bright side. Could be 1/18th. Good chance Jill and Derick won't be in the will. 😈

Like any female offspring will get anything!

Josh is probably getting the bulk of it. Precious angel and all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

To be an influencer, you need one important to trait...to be driven and in control.  Jinger is too sweet and kind of passive....Jessa, on the other hand, would fare better because she is persistent and is anything but passive.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

To be an influencer, you need one important to trait...to be driven and in control.  Jinger is too sweet and kind of passive....Jessa, on the other hand, would fare better because she is persistent and is anything but passive.

Don’t influencers also need to be at least somewhat inspirational? Isn’t that part of the hook, that by buying whatever shit they’re shilling it will make you more like them?

There is nothing these two do that makes them at all admirable other than having a cute baby, which isn’t a replicable skill and no one can buy.

I get why Jinger believes that just showing up Duggar should be enough to be endlessly and lucratively entertaining, because that’s what she grew up with and she doesn’t seem to have the mental ability to recognize that.

But WTF with the RFP? Most kids grow out of that delusion long before they’re 20, let alone 30+ with a wife and child in a very expensive zip code.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Like any female offspring will get anything!

Josh is probably getting the bulk of it. Precious angel and all.

I agree sex pest and broodmare will get the most inheritance. I doubt the girls will get much of inheritance. Maybe miracle Josie. The lazy sons will get whatever is left. I see Boob and boobchelle living into the 80s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

For me the difference between Jill and Jinger is that Jill seems a little more vulnerable and damaged from her childhood and then being shunned by her parents, the most significant people in her life until she met Derick. I have a soft spot for Jill and actually want her to succeed. 

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, Namaste said:

For me the difference between Jill and Jinger is that Jill seems a little more vulnerable and damaged from her childhood and then being shunned by her parents, the most significant people in her life until she met Derick. I have a soft spot for Jill and actually want her to succeed. 

I want Jill to get therapy to solidify what she is just starting to learn about her parents. Right now, she's the closest bet we have to break free. She's just starting the process.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and it doesn't surprise me. Jill was heavily invested in her family, buddy group and belief system, whereas Jinger recited the party line until Jeremy got her out of Dodge. I also think Jinger had a much healthier trajectory into marriage and motherhood, as opposed to Jill who married an Internet stranger and was knocked up on her wedding night. I think there were too many big changes in a short amount of time, and Jill's psyche never recovered. 

Well said. 

• Love 8