Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think the post is really cute and I think it's wonderful that Jinger seems to really enjoy watching Felicity growing up and developing her own personality. IMO that really sets her apart from the other Duggar parents. I also don't think they use Felicity as a "prop". There is no difference between Jinger and Jeremy's use of instagram and the other parents I follow on there. Personally I would never post a picture of my child on any social media platform, public or private but I know that many, many people disagree with me these days.

I also don't see the problem with the Mozart concert. It was his birthday. IMO you don't have to study on your birthday evening / night and how amazing is a concert like that? I would enjoy a gift like that very much.

Edited by Dirndl
typing mistake
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m not sure I believe Jinger even writes these posts herself.

She writes the first draft and then hands it off to Pastor Studly to proofread.  3/4 of what we end up reading is written by PS.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Dirndl said:

I think the post is really cute and I think it's wonderful that Jinger seems to really enjoy watching Felicity growing up and developing her own personality. IMO that really sets her apart from the other Duggar parents. I also don't think they use Felicity as a "prop". There is no difference between Jinger and Jeremy's use of instagram and the other parents I follow on there. Personally I would never post a picture of my child on any social media platform, public or private but I know that many, many people disagree with me these days.

I also don't see the problem with the Mozart concert. It was his birthday. IMO you don't have to study on your birthday evening / night and how amazing is a concert like that? I would enjoy a gift like that very much.

Most of the time I don’t think their using her as a prop but now and again I’ll see a photo (usually Jeremy’s) where she looks like the prop sadly. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I agree. 

Guess what couples that age post, in my community?  Pics of their kids. 

Guess what couples that age post, in my community?  Pics of food they eat & coffees they drink. 

Guess what couples that age post, in my community?  Pics of their get togethers and outings. 

Guess what couples that age post, in my community?  Pics of their vacations and travels. 

Guess what couples that age post, in my community?  Pics of their friends and acquaintances. 

Crazy how bizarre Jing & Jerm are for posting that stuff too!  Almost like normal people!  *LOL*

Except they're posting it to a million followers with obvious plugs for various freebies they've gotten.  I know a lot of folks who post that stuff too, to maybe a couple hundred others total, all close family and friends.

We're talking apples and oranges when comparing Jinge/Jer's social media presence to the typical millennials.

• Love 19

That's illogical though. So because they have followers they shouldn't post things that would normally be a focus for a couple their age? I'm curious as to what people would like to see from them. If they just posted messages about church and religion related things, I think they would get lambasted. So they post a lot about "fun" stuff they are doing, and they are lambasted. What should their social media look like? Or is the argument that they shouldn't be on social media at all?

• Love 12

My friends post all kinds of pics of their kids. Usually with nothing written with the picture or maybe one line. The birthday posts are usually accompanied by, is walking, loves peaches, says dada, etc. Very much like an online baby book.

J's & J's posts don't feel spontaneous at all. They definitely feel staged. The posts feel very purposeful in setting a tone and image. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Tasya said:

That's illogical though. So because they have followers they shouldn't post things that would normally be a focus for a couple their age? I'm curious as to what people would like to see from them. If they just posted messages about church and religion related things, I think they would get lambasted. So they post a lot about "fun" stuff they are doing, and they are lambasted. What should their social media look like? Or is the argument that they shouldn't be on social media at all?

To me, it is illogical to think it is one and the same to post that stuff to a million virtual strangers vs a circle of friends and family one knows personally.  Most celebs, at least those who aren't trying to monetize their internet presence, don't post much about their kids at all on their public pages, and if they do, they are careful with how much they share.  I presume many of them have private Instagram and other accounts known only to their friends and family where they post privately for those who know them personally.

When I read the captions on Jinge and Jer's posts, they sound to me like they are targeting them at strangers, people who don't know them but are following them mainly because Jinger is a Duggar.  None of what they post reads like anything that would be directed at JimBob and Mechelle or Jinger's siblings.  It's all generic and put through the same meat grinder as other 'influencers' trying to make a buck.

• Love 23
On 9/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, doodlebug said:

Except they're posting it to a million followers with obvious plugs for various freebies they've gotten.  I know a lot of folks who post that stuff too, to maybe a couple hundred others total, all close family and friends.

We're talking apples and oranges when comparing Jinge/Jer's social media presence to the typical millennials.

EXACTLY. And they make money from their IG/Blog. So by featuring Felicity, YES they are using her to make money. 

I personally know every single Facebook friend I have. I very occasionally post pictures of my daughter ( and it's usually a picture of the three of us, on holidays) . I still sometimes wonder if that is ok. JInger is just doing what she was taught growing up, sadly. 

• Love 12

Of course, if I felt compelled to have my picture taken as often as a lot of the Duggarlings feel compelled to have theirs taken (and for consumption by millions of people, to boot), I think I'd probably stand stiffly and smile funny quite a bit, too... I mean, how can you keep from thinking, "This again?" 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is that picture recent? Jinger looks great, but yes, those smiles are very strained and forced.

Doesn't look like recent hair to me.... 

ETA: Okay, I see it's not recent hair. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have to laugh over the fake smiles. One of my sons, the oldest male grandson-19- and now the 16 year old granddaughter do it too.  I say “stop with the fake picture smile”. So maybe it’s not unique to the Duggars. And y’all know I am not a fan. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Jinger has made a few videos in her insta stories of Felicity walking. They actually are really cute. They went to see Jeremy at "school" and she was waving at someone and even said "hi". She's adorable and is loving walking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Jinger has made a few videos in her insta stories of Felicity walking. They actually are really cute. They went to see Jeremy at "school" and she was waving at someone and even said "hi". She's adorable and is loving walking.

Lissy is Miss Personality!  When she walks by that office and waves and says “Hi!” to the person, my heart melted.  I love that little girl.  I feel the same way about Gideon.  They’re both precious.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

too bad. I would like to have seen it. 

Hence the value to advertisers and big tech of the new "disappearing" media. We have to keep checking back all the time to make sure we don't miss anything we'd like to see....

.And therefore keep getting exposed over and over and over and over and over to the bunch of stuff that they want us to see. It's the devil's own invention, I tells ya. 😒

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hence the value to advertisers and big tech of the new "disappearing" media. We have to keep checking back all the time to make sure we don't miss anything we'd like to see....

.And therefore keep getting exposed over and over and over and over and over to the bunch of stuff that they want us to see. It's the devil's own invention, I tells ya. 😒

All so very true.  I don't want to miss anything.  I "curious watched" the Duggars for years so long ago.  

• Love 1

The paps caught Jinger in short shorts yesterday. They weren't hoochie level, but they weren't pedal pushers either. Lots of thigh was exposed. If Boobchelle saw the pics, they would have stroked out, especially Mechelle.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The paps caught Jinger in short shorts yesterday. They weren't hoochie level, but they weren't pedal pushers either. Lots of thigh was exposed. If Boobchelle saw the pics, they would have stroked out, especially Mechelle.

I saw the pics. By Duggar standards she might as well have been wearing Daisy Dukes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We can only hope. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

They look like regular shorts to me.  They aren't bermudas, but they aren't short where there is danger of butt cheeks hanging out like Daisy Dukes or booty shorts.  They're kind of mid-thigh and only an inch or two shorter than some I wear.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

They look like regular shorts to me.  They aren't bermudas, but they aren't short where there is danger of butt cheeks hanging out like Daisy Dukes or booty shorts.  They're kind of mid-thigh and only an inch or two shorter than some I wear.  

Yeah, I m ancient and I wear some shorts that are only a couple inches longer than that, too. (and around the house some that are even shorter, come to think of it). But I'm pretty sure people are saying short shorts "by Duggar standards," not by the standards of any of us normal people. And -- more to the point -- also quoting the  several headlines and gossip-rag social-media posts today that have breathlessly billed them as "short shorts"! 

I confess I was surprised when I read a "short shorts" headline, then saw a photo and saw they were actually just "shorts." 

But for people who have insisted on sewing pillow slips to the hems of skirts that skim the knee or even hit 'mid'knee" and refuse to let small girls go out in 95-degree weather even in bermuda shorts or a skirt without leggings underneath it, I'd say those five-to-six-inches-above-the-knee shorts on a grown woman definitely qualify as "short shorts." Meeechelle and JB wouldn't let the skinniest four-year-old girl on the planet go out in shorts of that length on the hottest day ever recorded, unfortunately. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23

Is Reverend Useless just standing there watching her as she's loading something into the vehicle? How chivalrous! LOL

About the shorts--yeah, I'm sure her parents are flipping out about that, but I think she looks nice in them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Sorry, but I sure don’t have the time or patience for that!😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

But why is she wearing shorts and him a suit?  He must have been on a break from school and met up with her for lunch. I’m glad that she’s been able to so easily shed her upbringing - it gives hope for the siblings left at home and tells me that she never really internalized at least the outer trappings of her cult.

• Love 16

TLC preview for next season of Counting On is up.

In it, there is a Jinger/Michelle TH with Jinger wiping a tear. It's edited to look like they are addressing the "Jinger wearing pants" controversy, but for all I know the actual show will have that footage be in reference to Mary's death or something like that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10