Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Zella said:

Is Reverend Useless just standing there watching her as she's loading something into the vehicle? How chivalrous! LOL

About the shorts--yeah, I'm sure her parents are flipping out about that, but I think she looks nice in them. 

You wouldn't want him to get any more wrinkles in his suit, would you? 

I mean, she isn't called the helpmeet for nothing. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I'm betting that Michelle and Jim Bob don't actually give a rat's ass about what any of their children wear when they aren't around them or on camera.  Shorts, jeans, tank tops, etc on their married daughters have nothing to do with them.  It's headship rules, and they can wash their hands of requiring certain standards.

Hell, I'm betting they forget they have a number of grown children unless they're under their noses or eating their food. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Tasya said:

She's likely either taking Felicity out or putting her in. I LOL'd because it looks like Jeremy enjoys her shorts a lot. JB and M will not be pleased. 

I don't know. I can't really see JB and M begrudging their sons-in-law some Hey Hey Hey. 😬

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I don't think they like Jeremy and they probably see her wearing shorts as a reflection of his influence. If they were at all ok with evolving fashion, some of their other girls would have likely started to ease up on the skirts only thing. The little girls are still layering up all the time. Nope, I bet they aren't at all pleased. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I don't think they like Jeremy and they probably see her wearing shorts as a reflection of his influence. If they were at all ok with evolving fashion, some of their other girls would have likely started to ease up on the skirts only thing. The little girls are still layering up all the time. Nope, I bet they aren't at all pleased. 

Good points. 

I was thinking when they saw him looking at her from behind like that they'd start swooning over sexy time and decide this is a headship matter. But you may be right... They certainly do still layer up the remaining homebound daughters atrociously. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm sure they hate it but they know Jeremy has the final say so they can't say anything. 

• Love 6

All I can say here is that seeing Jinger in shorts - shorts ! - brings back a lot of long-ago memories of when she and the others were covered head-to-toe in those awful, Little Ugly Outfit on the Prairie looks !

Her new wardrobe reflects exactly who she's been since those early days, but now she finally has the freedom to express it.

Or at least mostly - I still wish she'd run away to NYC and thumbed her nose at the lot of them...

• Love 16
13 hours ago, awaken said:

Her hair looks terrible!

im sure they’re thrilled to be caught by the paps!  Fulfills their whole purpose in moving there!

Jingle needs to realize if she's going to be a double-process blonde, there's a lot of maintenance involved. Root touch-ups, toners, deep conditioners, etc. When you're frying your hair to lighten it, you're no longer part of the wash-and-go crowd. 

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is in Orlando? Does he even pretend to go to class anymore?

Nope.

You make our school look like cool cool cool cool cool fun fun fun fun fun fun fun to your family's million-and-a-half-plus social media followers.....and you'll get your Masters degree for no studying, no work, no money, no sweat. J-u-u-u-s-s-t-t ass kissing! 

Pastoral Ethics 101.

If he ever gets a job that requires, you know, actually showing up and doing something besides standing up and blathering dully about what other people do wrong, he may have some difficulty adjusting. 

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I guess the Duggars and Bates took a break from hurricane duty. Jinger just posted a story of them at Universal Studios Orlando.

Screenshot_20190920-083241_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.eaea66f143cbb7e6e5143fdd8d072af0.jpgScreenshot_20190920-083235_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.21f13ac166962ab85bd60439f28d42c0.jpg

I have a friend that was just there this past weekend.  It is $159/person to get in.  I was SHOCKED it was that high.  NEVERMIND!  It is $159 in CA.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have a friend that was just there this past weekend.  It is $159/person to get in.  I was SHOCKED it was that high.  NEVERMIND!  It is $159 in CA.  

I went there 2 years ago and it's about the same price. It's a bit cheaper if you buy single park tickets.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

she looks like a normal woman her age.

Yes, but it would be enlightening to hear Jinger voice how she felt changing her modesty standards.  The Bateses, and the Duggar women who wear pants and shorts,  just ignore the fact that they have changed and we , the viewers, have no idea of their thought precesses.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

The Howlers' dress standards definitely eased up after Ben entered the scene.  He wore shorts and the khaki wearing, tucked in, buttoned up polos suddenly shifted to regular tee shirts and jeans, and some shorts.

The fact that the little girls are still layering up and are as dowdy as ever probably means the parents aren't happy with the older girls' influence.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

The Howlers' dress standards definitely eased up after Ben entered the scene.  He wore shorts and the khaki wearing, tucked in, buttoned up polos suddenly shifted to regular tee shirts and jeans, and some shorts.

The fact that the little girls are still layering up and are as dowdy as ever probably means the parents aren't happy with the older girls' influence.

Those poor little girls almost always looks so shabby. Fine be modest but that doesn't mean you have to look dowdy and mismatched. 

• Love 17
45 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

And people wondered why they needed $20,000 for Medic Corps Relief fund.  It's costly to keep an entire crew of fundie lifesaving/soulsaving missionaries in Starbucks and theme parks, people!  No wonder they had to commandeer gas!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if their DJ pal who arranged for them to get Chik Fil A in the Bahamas didn't work out some free tickets to Universal Studios for them.  Hardworking self sacrificing followers of Christ need their freebies after all.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Yes, but it would be enlightening to hear Jinger voice how she felt changing her modesty standards.  The Bateses, and the Duggar women who wear pants and shorts,  just ignore the fact that they have changed and we , the viewers, have no idea of their thought processes.

Are we sure they have any of these? 😀

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

I wonder if they will check out the Harry Potter part.  I have yet to make it there,  and of course these fools probably got discounted tickets to something they have no reference for.  I'm just here working full time wishing I could take a vacation that somehow falls into these grifters' laps.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder if they will check out the Harry Potter part.  I have yet to make it there,  and of course these fools probably got discounted tickets to something they have no reference for.  I'm just here working full time wishing I could take a vacation that somehow falls into these grifters' laps.

Of course not, it has to do with magic! 

I know what you mean about vacation. We have done small trips through out the year. I'd love to go to Universal Studios and Disney. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

They are at Universal Studios California no? That’s local. 

Might be, can't really tell from the photos.  However, they've got some Bates folks with them who were just in the Bahamas for the hurricane grift, and Florida is closer to that.

Harry Potter at Universal is outstanding!  I have my wand on display in my living room.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

Jinger posted a story today and held up a card that said Universal Orlando Resort.

Well, that settles it!  Maybe they're filming for next season or maybe they managed to grift a trip to Florida.  Maybe RFP's mentors are out there doing a revival or something and he tagged along.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I go to Universal Studios Florida at least twice a year. I can tell you with absolute certainty the only place where they're walking in that photo is towards the walkway to the two most expensive on-site hotels on the property -- the Hard Rock and the Portofino.  (They are well past the main entrance to the Studios theme park.) Both of those hotels will set you back between $330 to $400 a night. Way to go, jobless people! 

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I go to Universal Studios Florida at least twice a year. I can tell you with absolute certainty the only place where they're walking in that photo is towards the walkway to the two most expensive on-site hotels on the property -- the Hard Rock and the Portofino.  (They are well past the main entrance to the Studios theme park.) Both of those hotels will set you back between $330 to $400 a night. Way to go, jobless people! 

They have to spend those donations to Medic Corp SOMEWHERE!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

They aren't at Disneyworld, they're at Universal.  However, same difference.  Universal makes those satanic Harry Potter movies.

They're not offended when they get a freebie.  That's how it works.  Didn't the Duggar clan go to Disney World in one of their early seasons?  I don't think they're offended as long as it benefits them.

Oops, thanks. Whenever we go to Florida, we hit all the parks back to back, so I tend to think of them as one giant place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Well, they DID just come back from “deployment” so of course they needed to relax after all the stress they endured. Sheesh. (Sarcastic font used).

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

However, same difference.  Universal makes those satanic Harry Potter movies.

In addition to Harry-Potter-themed areas in two different parks, Universal is also in the thick of Halloween Horror Nights season. So basically, they'll be surrounded by demons and witches their entire time there. (TBF HHN is only at night and requires a separate ticket purchase [which they can obviously afford] but there's signage all over the place in the Studios.)

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

In addition to Harry-Potter-themed areas in two different parks, Universal is also in the thick of Halloween Horror Nights season. So basically, they'll be surrounded by demons and witches their entire time there. (TBF HHN is only at night and requires a separate ticket purchase [which they can obviously afford] but there's signage all over the place in the Studios.)

I just looked up pictures and they have people dressed as zombies walking around the parks. They also have the Dark Arts show at Hogwarts. 

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, awaken said:

This makes me so angry.  They money spent (or expensive free tickets given), the lack of jobs, asking for donations when they're clearly wealthy, the apparent excess free time while in grad school, the involvement in secular pursuits when they've been so vocally opposed.  Utter frauds.  

Rotten fruit doesn't fall far from the rotten tree, I guess. 

If you put people on television and "follow" them on social media -- by the millions -- it goes to their heads, it seems. And even more so if they're kind of stupid to begin with. 

In this media age,  the public can easily and in far greater numbers than ever hang after and fawn on the "well known" people they believe are important because they're visible on screens. And even if you initially became 'well known" because some tv network decided your life was a freakshow, a strong sense of entitlement follows, apparently. 

Just now, Churchhoney said:
Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Wizarding World is the best part of Universal.  Worth every penny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Or they're worried that the Howler boys will find their unlayered little sisters too tempting to resist. Or, they're not totally sure Josh is as reformed as they profess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

How does STUDENT Jeremy have the time and money to fly from California to Florida during classes? Why did the 'hurricane relief team' need a vacation at Universal? None of them have real jobs that they need a vacation FROM in the first place? I can't believe these people were 5 miles away from where I live.  BTW, Jeremy looked like a piece of crap in that photo; like he had been up partying all night. I just can't with these people anymore. Universal? Really.

• Love 22

Screenshot_20190921-113731_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.b3d291f316f9b5df390eafa462782a90.jpgScreenshot_20190921-113742_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.3ce4e1c01ea1f6b0817a6baad91d8ebb.jpg

The college flew them put and most likely paid for their universal tickets. Medi Corps Corps sure had no problem ditching those bohemian heathens for a day of fun.

Also, what the heck is Jinger wearing? That outfit is tacky and all over the place. 

• Love 11