Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Definitely the D from radar online.

You can see A & R to the right of what I’ve circled.68287092-9020-45CB-9FA0-87B677AA2389.jpeg.71fd87688bbe2e49c61861cac31de43e.jpeg

Yep, you're right. And I've thought it was a stain all this time -- Probably shows something about my level of neatness.....That seemed perfectly normal to me! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 9/25/2019 at 11:19 PM, JoanArc said:

First dude she had a true shot at was Derick. No thanks! The list basically gets more pathetic from there...

Eww who would want Derick,other than Jill no one wants that guy. 

On 9/26/2019 at 2:58 AM, Churchhoney said:

Yep, sounds completely implausible to me, too. But almost all of my closest friends and family have graduate and/or professional degrees that I've watched them obtain.....'Yes'!)

For some reason I read that as closet friends 😂

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Eww who would want Derick,other than Jill no one wants that guy. 

For some reason I read that as closet friends 😂

Ha! ....Well, I think they're all out of the closet now....!

Not so in Duggarland or MacArthurville, unfortunately. 

• Love 4

I think someone might have gotten sick of the bows. Go Lissy!

@Absolom, Radar posted their address, or linked to the Zillow. Someone else can confirm Santa Clarita, but I have about 100% certainty.

Edited by Sew Sumi
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191002-212341_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.2f200c92a6d2d01a53892a8016aa6149.jpg

"Look at my 'spensive suit!"

Today, I was walking around downtown Seattle.  I saw a 30's something man in a suit with tight, high-water pants, fancy shoes with NO SOCKS!  He reminded me of Jeremy.

• LOL 14
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't want to go back, but I am pretty sure a pic of the Prop was labeled in Santa Clarita. I hope someone can confirm before I am forced to comb their IG pages (,please no).

I know they had at least one or two that they took at the college in Santa Clarita.  

Oh, Jeremy is getting worse.  That look does not become him either.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 16

Aspyn Brown, a daughter from Sister Wives, actually provides an email address on her IG for influencer inquiries. Businesses must really like the reality tv folks shilling their stuff, although it didn't look like Aspyn didn't do much more than one of those subscription boxes.

J & J seem to put some real effort into being SM Avon ladies.

I need to quickly become famous so I can shill shit in my retirement years for pocket money.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Is it just me or does he look a little uncomfortable in that outfit?

....I guess it's mostly that when I see a jacket pull and wrinkle that much when somebody bends a couple inches it makes me uncomfortable....makes me want to yank my sleeves down and unbutton my own jacket or shirt if I'm wearing a buttoned one......

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

....I guess it's mostly that when I see a jacket pull and wrinkle that much when somebody bends a couple inches it makes me uncomfortable....makes me want to yank my sleeves down and unbutton my own jacket or shirt if I'm wearing a buttoned one......

Me too. The shoulder/arm area is making me squirm as well. It looks as if he wouldn't be able to raise his arms above waist level with those tight sleeves. I imagine the shirt sleeves are a jumbled, wrinkled mess under there too.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree. Something just seems off with that picture. I think you & @GeeGolly have nailed the reason.

• Love 6

Not nearly as ineffective an ad as Jessa's recent shilling photograph in the mirror...in the dark...contorted....with whatever was going on with her shoes...and her hair....

Nevertheless, I can see it quietly triggering the thought "Not spending 600 bucks on something that looks that uncomfortable" -- in some people, at least. Despite Felicity contributing her usual adorableness. (She's got the leggings-under-the-dress-look though. For the moment, I'm going to trust that won't become a trend.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The shoulder/arm area is making me squirm as well. It looks as if he wouldn't be able to raise his arms above waist level with those tight sleeves.

That must be the style now for men who are relatively slim. We have a meteorologist on our local TV who is very slim, but his suit jackets are cut so tight he can hardly raise his arms. That’s got to be so uncomfortable!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Sometimes I think the clothing industry occasionally invents trends like that to make absolutely sure that, when the trend ends (fairly quickly), no one will ever hold on to those clothes to wear them again.....and they'll guarantee more sales for the next trend they come up with.....

So that's Gourds & Pumpkins goal! 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Sometimes I think the clothing industry occasionally invents trends like that to make absolutely sure that, when the trend ends (fairly quickly), no one will ever hold on to those clothes to wear them again.....and they'll guarantee more sales for the next trend they come up with.....

I think that's how fashion works, too.  Fast trends quickly abandoned, but the classics don't go out of style.  Jer will try to shill any look that appeals to his ego and narcissistic personality.  Or anything that will enrich his pockets.  He latched onto a semi-famous wife, for many reasons.  He may be a total toolbox, but he isn't stupid.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

He latched onto a semi-famous wife, for many reasons.  He may be a total toolbox, but he isn't stupid.

I agree. Take cutie Felicity out of the picture and Jeremy's just an average guy in a trendy suit. He has no "it" factor to stand out on his own. Jinger and the Prop boost his profile tremendously. 

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Take cutie Felicity out of the picture and Jeremy's just an average guy in a trendy suit. He has no "it" factor to stand out on his own. Jinger and the Prop boost his profile tremendously. 

Sounds like the thread title needs to be changed. Jinger and the Holy (Former) Goalie-Turned Rev Fancy Pants. . . and the Prop.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have no doubt that the Vuolos adore their daughter, which is more than can be said for other Duggars and their offspring.

And I wouldn’t call her a nasty name, ever. But RFP calls the grift shots, and for those he blatantly uses her as a prop. How many other toddlers would be shown in every photo of their father’s supposed place of employment?

The Duggars made millions exploiting their kids. RFP is continuing the family tradition. 

Exactly. Which, uh, kind of casts doubt on the idea that, oh, he's not like JB and M at all....

He may not intend to be.....I expect he doesn't intend to be....

But....unconscious imitation may be the very sincerest form of flattery. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

I do often think they use her as a prop. If Jeremy posted pictures showing off and advertising his suit, bow tie, etc, he would get backlash for being a vain asshole. He often poses with her so that people focus on the cute baby. I know secretly he wishes he had his own fashion page.

They've also turned Felicity into a baby influencer. The latest thing Jinger advertised using her was KiwiCo.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 24
31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I do often think they use her as a prop. If Jeremy posted pictures showing off and advertising his suit, bow tie, etc, he would get backlash for being a vain asshole. He often poses with her so that people focus on the cute baby. I know secretly he wishes he had his own fashion page.

They've also turned Felicity into a baby influencer. The latest thing Jinger advertised using her was KiwiCo.

Don't see why he doesn't finish up that Syracuse MBA and go for a job in the business side of the fashion industry. To me that clearly seems to be his top interest.

And, really, if you're deeply interested in something your chances of doing well with it are much higher .... And he has the good fortune to be very interested in a field where there is enough money so you can support yourself in a pleasant lifestyle, which he clearly also wants to do......

That's less true of the ministry, as far as I can tell. In the ministry today, there seems to be a big feast for a very few and a quite modest lifestyle for the vast majority. So it's a gamble for somebody who has a taste for living very well. Maybe he does have a true -- but largely secret -- passion for theology and pastoring....but it doesn't show itself often........

I guess he must figure that being one of the few at the top is guaranteed for him. But it seems unlikely that it's actually guaranteed for anyone -- and will likely be less and less guaranteed as time goes on, given the long-term trends.

Meanwhile, he will have to tone down his enthusiasm for clothes and advertising and such at least a bit once he actually enters a ministerial job. I still maintain that even Gen Zers aren't gonna want to see their pastor with some kind of clothing-ad tag or restaurant tag hanging on him in every single photo. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Hopefully that's after they landed and people are exiting the plane. Because if I'm in the seat in front of them that Felicity is grabbing, I'm NOT happy.

It is when they're on the ground, thankfully. The bin's open and a guy behind them is standing up. 

• Love 4