Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Don't see why he doesn't finish up that Syracuse MBA and go for a job in the business side of the fashion industry. To me that clearly seems to be his top interest.

And, really, if you're deeply interested in something your chances of doing well with it are much higher .... And he has the good fortune to be very interested in a field where there is enough money so you can support yourself in a pleasant lifestyle, which he clearly also wants to do......

That's less true of the ministry, as far as I can tell. In the ministry today, there seems to be a big feast for a very few and a quite modest lifestyle for the vast majority. So it's a gamble for somebody who has a taste for living very well. Maybe he does have a true -- but largely secret -- passion for theology and pastoring....but it doesn't show itself often........

I guess he must figure that being one of the few at the top is guaranteed for him. But it seems unlikely that it's actually guaranteed for anyone -- and will likely be less and less guaranteed as time goes on, given the long-term trends.

Meanwhile, he will have to tone down his enthusiasm for clothes and advertising and such at least a bit once he actually enters a ministerial job. I still maintain that even Gen Zers aren't gonna want to see their pastor with some kind of clothing-ad tag or restaurant tag hanging on him in every single photo. 

Maybe going into the ministry is the deal Jer made with JB to acquire Jinger. Fashion expert/male model does not align with the Duggar image, but there isn't too much the Grand Headship can do about it now unless the Volvos need money from the Duggar pot. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe going into the ministry is the deal Jer made with JB to acquire Jinger. Fashion expert/male model does not align with the Duggar image, but there isn't too much the Grand Headship can do about it now unless the Volvos need money from the Duggar pot. 

If only that phrase didn't sound so accurate, especially from JIm Bob's warped perspective.....😬

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191002-212341_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.2f200c92a6d2d01a53892a8016aa6149.jpg

"Look at my 'spensive suit! Oh, and the prop, too."

Someone needs to steer him out of the boys' section into the men's department. The ends of the sleeves are creeping up to the elbows, and the button is ready to pop. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Has Jeremy done something different to his face? In this pic and the last one, he looks different and I can't put my finger on why. 

I was thinking the same thing. Does he wear make-up? It seems in the casual shots he looks so different than in the fancy pants ones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Has Jeremy done something different to his face? In this pic and the last one, he looks different and I can't put my finger on why. 

I would not put it past him to be getting into skincare.  It fits with his metrosexual image.  I don't think he is getting facials or chemical peels, but I could see him creating a skincare regime at home--daily retinol, daily vitamin C, daily sunscreen, weekly acid treatment.  With my luck, he grifted some Sunday Riley or Drunk Elephant while I make do with The Ordinary or Cerave.

https://www.sephora.com/product/good-genes-all-in-one-lactic-acid-treatment-P309308?skuId=1418581&icid2=sundayriley_bestsellers_us_productcarousel_ufe:p309308:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/t-l-c-framboos-tm-glycolic-night-serum-P392246?icid2=products grid:p392246

Or, he is freshly shaven.  I know that can shave a few years off.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking the same thing. Does he wear make-up? It seems in the casual shots he looks so different than in the fancy pants ones.

And he almost always looks better in the casual spots....to me, anyway.....

My guess -- for that reason -- is that he just looks a helluva lot better when he's relaxed and just enjoying himself than when he's posing trying to sell a jacket or whatever. Because when he's posing for some "important" photo he freezes up.

I heard from a model once that one of the hardest things to do when being photographed is to be loose, relaxed, spontaneous and unselfconscious (sometimes while holding the craziest positions in the world) because loose is the only way you look good. 

That's my theory, at any rate.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And he almost always looks better in the casual spots....to me, anyway.....

My guess -- for that reason -- is that he just looks a helluva lot better when he's relaxed and just enjoying himself than when he's posing trying to sell a jacket or whatever. Because when he's posing for some "important" photo he freezes up.

I heard from a model once that one of the hardest things to do when being photographed is to be loose, relaxed, spontaneous and unselfconscious (sometimes while holding the craziest positions in the world) because loose is the only way you look good. 

That's my theory, at any rate.

same with me. In that casual picture, he looks attractive much better than all the fancy posing ones. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6
On 10/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, whydoiwatch said:

He is morphing into Pee Wee Herman.

At least pee wee was funny and entertaining. Jeremy is not. 

Actually Jeremy is but not for the reasons he thinks. We laugh at him because he thinks he is all that. And he is definitely not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe when you're studying divinity God just mainlines it straight into your brain. 

No exertion needed. 

Is LA for Jeremy, what big hair for southern women is? Closer to God? 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think one of the problems with the clothes is that Jeremy has gained weight and is probably refusing to acknowledge it, still buying clothes in the size he was and not the size he is. 

I guess it's a really good thing he's getting the influencer discount, then. ....

I mean, I assume that outfit is pretty new or he wouldn't be putting the company tag on it.... Imagine paying the full 600 bucks for the pants and the jacket and getting that. 😁

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think one of the problems with the clothes is that Jeremy has gained weight and is probably refusing to acknowledge it, still buying clothes in the size he was and not the size he is. 

This may be true. I was thinking Jeremy had lost weight to enhance his modeling career, thus the change in his face, but he may be gaining from all the free food he and Jing are grifting. Whatever he's doing, it doesn't seem to involve going to classes. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He’s parting his hair to the side?

And I believe the manscaping has been taken up a notch.

P.S. That guy is so NOT going to classes of any kind.

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would not put it past him to be getting into skincare.  It fits with his metrosexual image.  I don't think he is getting facials or chemical peels, but I could see him creating a skincare regime at home--daily retinol, daily vitamin C, daily sunscreen, weekly acid treatment.  With my luck, he grifted some Sunday Riley or Drunk Elephant while I make do with The Ordinary or Cerave.

https://www.sephora.com/product/good-genes-all-in-one-lactic-acid-treatment-P309308?skuId=1418581&icid2=sundayriley_bestsellers_us_productcarousel_ufe:p309308:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/t-l-c-framboos-tm-glycolic-night-serum-P392246?icid2=products grid:p392246

Or, he is freshly shaven.  I know that can shave a few years off.

Okay glad it's not just me seeing it! I almost wondered if he was botoxing, but I don't think he could move his face as much as he is if that were the case. 😉

Adding: I agree with those of you speculating he's gaining weight but in denial. His clothes look ready to pop. Who was it on here who said you can't wear a European cut with an American gut? 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That was moi and I am so gratified someone remembers it. Bless your sweet precious self.

Haha It was awesome, and I think of it now every time I see Jeremy in one of his pretentious suit pics. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

She probably just googled "October quotes for instagram." There's a reason there's no attribution...

Yep, it's number three under the first search result that turns up. .... And unlike with most quotes in the list, that one does include the attribution....So the really sad thing is that "Anne of Green Gables" means basically nothing to Jingle , and possibly will mean nothing to Felicity either.

(Although I'm counting on the Vuolo family to remedy that some....Hoping Anne isn't too much of a heathen for Diana to offer, for example......Or that Jer's vaunted "I LOVE books" thing means he'll promote a lot of reading for his kids....

With many of the Duggarlings-as-parents,  I fear they'll be okay with a lot of secular-written small-children's books....but when the kids get old enough for books about people school-age and above their parents will nix everything that doesn't sound like Sarah Maxwell wrote it ... And thereby ensure that the kids hate reading -- and thus will be free from tainting satanic influences forever! Yay! 🙁)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's a pic.

What a douche. Does anyone have Punchable Uncle Cade wedding pics? I want to see how ridiculous his hair was for the occasion. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 10

I was busy being defrauded by the wedding dress...there’s off the shoulder and then there’s falling off and at least in that one photo it was heading south at an alarming rate.

Mostly I’m sad that she’s just a kid and she’ll be pregnant by Christmas, and call me skeptical, but I’m guessing she serves him a whole lot more than he serves her. That condescending pile of crap he tweeted out would have had an older, wiser woman running for the hills. 

And RFP officiated. Well that fits.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, auburn-waves said:

It's depressing and shocking that she's only 19. I saw something a few months back that made me post that this guy was a walking red flag and she needed to run away as fast as she could. This is a slow-motion train wreck and I'm really sorry that there was no one in her corner to slow this down and prevent them from going ahead with this ill-advised marriage.

• Love 14

That entire article was about what Cade likes and how Cade grew up in Texas so of course Gabby likes a rustic theme and the quietness of Texas.  Gabby likes what Cade likes, just as Jinger likes what Jeremy likes.

I so wish that these young Christian girls knew that they didn’t have to marry and morph into the first dweeb who managed to be relatively kind to them for 6 months. 

• Love 21

That wedding dress neckline, if you can call it that, is awful. It surprised me when I first looked at it. Awful choice up there but the rest of the gown is nice. I wonder if Jeremy felt defrauded having to look at that bride's boobs? How did Jinger feel about that, I wonder?

Jeremy should NEVER take or post photos that show his awful manicure close up. That man is all about 'looking good' yet his fingers are a mess. He also is a nail biter. Looks awful. Makes me think of him dressing "to the nines' on the outside, yet hasn't showered or changed his underwear in 3 days. Looks good only on the surface. Yuck. Get thee to a manicurist, Jeremy and quite biting your nails. Underlying stress?

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, floridamom said:

That wedding dress neckline, if you can call it that, is awful. It surprised me when I first looked at it. Awful choice up there but the rest of the gown is nice. I wonder if Jeremy felt defrauded having to look at that bride's boobs? How did Jinger feel about that, I wonder?

Jeremy should NEVER take or post photos that show his awful manicure close up. That man is all about 'looking good' yet his fingers are a mess. He also is a nail biter. Looks awful. Makes me think of him dressing "to the nines' on the outside, yet hasn't showered or changed his underwear in 3 days. Looks good only on the surface. Yuck. Get thee to a manicurist, Jeremy and quite biting your nails. Underlying stress?

Nail biting is not something a manicure will fix. It's not something easy to stop. It is related to OCD and Anxiety which are genetic.

• Love 19

I meant that Reverand Fancy Pants ALSO needs a good manicure. His cuticles are a mess. I understand nail biting is a difficult thing to stop doing but there are ointments to put on your nails that tastes badly. Also the degree of outward perfection he displays should also include 'good hands'. I shudder to think what his feet and toenails look like under all those pretty shoes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Nail biting is not something a manicure will fix. It's not something easy to stop. It is related to OCD and Anxiety which are genetic.

In Jer's case, the cuticles are ragged, so a manicure wouldn't hurt. He needs to avoid sticking his fingers toward the camera lens though. 

• Love 2

RFP can call it an autumn wedding all he likes but I live in Dallas, which is a bit north of Nacogdoches, and it was 95 degrees yesterday. We're not getting a cool front until tomorrow. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7