Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I meant that Reverand Fancy Pants ALSO needs a good manicure. His cuticles are a mess. I understand nail biting is a difficult thing to stop doing but there are ointments to put on your nails that tastes badly. Also the degree of outward perfection he displays should also include 'good hands'. I shudder to think what his feet and toenails look like under all those pretty shoes.

That doesn't work.

• Love 5

Great...now all the page ads are sluttina wedding dresses and manufactured diamond ring photos.

Thanks, RFP.

P.S: Anyone else wonder how many times he mentioned his own exemplary marriage in their ceremony? I’m thinking at least six..

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I so wish that these young Christian girls knew that they didn’t have to marry and morph into the first dweeb who managed to be relatively kind to them for 6 months. 

And that they didn’t have to get pregnant immediately...they could, dunno, get to know the guy a little first before bringing a child into it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do not get dressing sexy for your wedding when you invite everyone and take hundreds of pictures.   I get wanting your tits out on occasion,  but a wedding is not one of those occasions in my book. 

I once catered a wedding where the bride's wedding present from her new in-laws was (as Dave Berry would say "I am not making this up") a boob job. The low-cut wedding gown was clearly designed to show off the bride's new rack and her father-in-law spent the whole reception pointing it out to the guests and bragging about how much he'd spent for it. The poor girl looked miserable and had to keep tugging at her gown to keep them from popping out. Not for nothing, but they were also Fundies and there was lots of talk about Jesus in between comments about the new implants.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Two days ago I heard Gabby’s song on the country radio station here in Boston and thought “wow, looks like things are taking off for her.” Now I see she’s officially hitched her wagon to that nightmare and I expect she’ll be knocked up by Christmas. I’m really curious to see how this plays out. As I’ve posted before, from what I saw of Gabby on Idol she is very, very ambitious and bound and determined to make it as a singer. Cade strikes me as the type who likely tolerated all that fine while they were dating and engaged but will now sit her down to explain everything he expects from his wife. He obviously knew he had to lock her down quickly before her career took off too much. I think it all ends badly.

That dress was also madness. Was Jinger rocking back and forth and her seat whispering “Nike” over and over again during the ceremony?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Does Cade's family have money? Because otherwise I can't figure out why Gabby would hitch her horse to his wagon. She could do so much better.

And yes, I got a hundred bucks that says Jeremy was totally defrauded by her boobs.

• LOL 13
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does Cade's family have money? Because otherwise I can't figure out why Gabby would hitch her horse to his wagon. She could do so much better.

And yes, I got a hundred bucks that says Jeremy was totally defrauded by her boobs.

I've only ever seen Cade's mom really mentioned -- and her Facebook doesn't give off much of a money vibe, but of course you can't tell.....https://www.facebook.com/kelly.menefeefoehner.1

Google also lists two sisters -- either both married or one from a different parental marriage or something....

He said somewhere that his family built a little church in his home town...maybe a grandfather then preached there? He's got photos of the church in his music promotions.....It looks to be an itty bitty little wooden church -- so, not obviously any kind of big money maker. 

Maybe he convinced her that God wants them married. She could be susceptible to that argument. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So I’m ornery today (quelle surprise)...can someone explain to me exactly where in the bible it says that the penis is some kind of antenna for God’s exclusive broadcasts?

I’ve had it up to my ass with these women letting men tell them what God wants, because if any of them used half a brain synapse they’d notice the remarkable coincidence that what God wants is exactly what the headship wants. Exactly. Every time. It’s fucking uncanny. 

Gabby is just the latest public example of this deliberate self-performed frontal lobotomy in the name of Jesus. I need a word stronger than stabby for how this grinds me.

Here's Jer's big LA mentor -- John MacArthur!!!! -- on the subject:

His text (I'll use the KJV version -- for Jim Bob) -- 

1 Timothy 2:11-14 

11" Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

And here's old John talking about how God speaks through men of God -- among whom he would certainly include some of his fave proteges -- BFFs Jer and Cade!!!!!-- 

A further description of this calling is found in 2 Peter 1:21, “No prophecy from God” – no Scripture – “was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” So here we learn something else about God’s man. When he speaks the Word of God he speaks by the power of the Holy Spirit. God has always had His Spirit-empowered preachers, prophets, and messengers. Men of God are those uniquely called to proclaim His word. That summed up for me the full range of my responsibility as a pastor, to be the spokesman who spoke for God and spoke His revealed Word.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/81-35/the-character-of-the-pastor

Jer and Cade -- who busily declare themselves men of God -- have a heck of a lot they can hold over already brainwashed evangelical women's heads.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Great...now all the page ads are sluttina wedding dresses and manufactured diamond ring photos.

Thanks, RFP.

P.S: Anyone else wonder how many times he mentioned his own exemplary marriage in their ceremony? I’m thinking at least six..

I thought you were going to say breasts.

"Cade takes thee, Abby, tit be his wedded wife, to have and to bust, from this day forward, for breast, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in bosom and in health, to love and to chest, tit death do they part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto he pledges his nipples to her."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Timothy was an asshole.

The book of Timothy was a letter written to Timothy by the Apostle Paul. So  Timothy did not make that statement.  I will allow though, that as Paul's protégé,  he quite likely accepted everything Paul taught him. Many times, however, Paul's words are taken out of context. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 10/6/2019 at 7:39 AM, floridamom said:

Jeremy should NEVER take or post photos that show his awful manicure close up. That man is all about 'looking good' yet his fingers are a mess. He also is a nail biter. Looks awful. Makes me think of him dressing "to the nines' on the outside, yet hasn't showered or changed his underwear in 3 days. Looks good only on the surface. Yuck. Get thee to a manicurist, Jeremy and quite biting your nails. Underlying stress?

'Cause no one would snark on him if he had a manicure. 🙄

On 10/6/2019 at 12:38 AM, Lunera said:

It saddens me that so many people think wedge sandals work with semi/formal wear. Especially espadrille-wrapped ones. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Do they even know what the Brady Bunch is?  They would’ve had to watch it on Nick at Nite and that’s not exactly Gothard approved. 

I bought my kids the CD set many years ago. They weren't interested but I was.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Cade looks like a cross between Tiny Tim and Alice Cooper.  Not a good musical mix.

3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

With a little bit of Weird Al thrown in for good measure. 

And a profile hint of Abe Lincoln.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Not to mention a gay actor as the dad and all of the behind the scenes relationships between the kids in real life!

Someone who can fake sincerity well (and isn't banned) needs to reply to them with this and also about this:

"Jana needs to go home, with the rest of her family, and think about what they've done. How many impressional young Gothardites are now going to tune into Brady reruns. She's promoting sin and ruining mankind as we speak. "

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Do they even know who's house they are standing in front of ?

Sure, Jan(a).

Ironic that Josiah is the real life version of the closeted Brady dad.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

They are so dumb, they've never seen the show they just took a picture in from of it because Google told them it was a famous house. Reminds me of when the Bates when to Disney World and were posting tons of Disney quotes. Someone asked Carlin a Disney related question and she said she had never seen the cartoons. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

There's also this picture of Meredith that has me wondering if Shirley Temple is Duggar approved... You'd think she's fairly wholesome, but then Michelle is the one who freaked over small Josie showing a little clavicle that one time, so I could see some of Shirley's outfits being too risque for them...😕

Untitled2.jpg

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Michelle and Jim Bob would know about the Brady Bunch but not their kids. This is Dolly Parton all over again. 

I don't get the Dolly Parton reference?  I did and do occasionally watch the Brady Bunch, and I've seen the new show about the house renovation.  If I were a multi-millionaire, that house would be mine!  I love 60's era houses.

• Love 2

HGTV just did a show on restoring that house to make it look like the interior of the Brady Bunch house.  We know that channel is acceptable in the Duggar house.  I assume Jana has watched this.  She wouldn't have any frame of reference for this though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

The family went to Dollywood in one of the earlier episodes and met Dolly Parton. The kids had absolutely no idea who she was, but kept trying to fake fan enthusiasm. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

They visited Dollywood years ago on the show (I think Jordyn was the baby then, and Dolly took quite a shine to her), and claimed not to know who she was.

Thank you!  I didn't know what it meant.  I'm happy that Jordyn was appreciated, for once.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jana has now posted her picture taken in that same pose as least 4 or 5 times.  Standing with both arms out to the sides and bent upward.  It must be The Jana Pose.

Maybe she's trying to look like the shrugging emoji. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

image.png.99596f7d151a6abd022428743c51c495.png

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3