Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

How does obtaining a fake degree sit with these folks? I'm sure it falls under some Biblical sin, like stealing, lying, cheating. Does one obtain a fake degree and then get re-born to wipe the sin away?

I think uber-Fundies win the entitlement award, of any category of the population.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How does obtaining a fake degree sit with these folks? I'm sure it falls under some Biblical sin, like stealing, lying, cheating. Does one obtain a fake degree and then get re-born to wipe the sin away?

I expect it falls under the "anything that's good for me is objectively good, period," rule.

Anything that's good for you, on the other hand, will need a much more extensive ethical and moral analysis. And God may ultimately approve of it -- or maybe not. 

• Love 8

I think Gabby's dress is beautiful, and she looks lovely in it.  A little revealing, but pretty damn tame compared to some of the Pnina Tornai, sheer corset dresses that Kleinfelds sells piles of every season.  Her hair looks gorgeous too. 

Good for her, getting professionally styled, top to bottom. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Just for everybody's information, here's what you have to take for the program he was accepted to per the letter received from The Master's Seminary and posted online after his acceptance in either late 2017 or early 2018.

This is the basic description of that Master's of Divinity program according to their current website and their current academic handbook/catalog, to which they provide a link on this website page:: 

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

3-4 Years
98 Units
$290 Per Unit (Full-Time Residential)
$3,190 Per Semester (Full-Time Residential, 11 units)

M.DIV. CURRICULUM

10 Language Courses
7 Bible Courses
6 Theology Courses
6 Ministry Courses
5 Preaching Courses
5 Elective Courses

https://info.tms.edu/mdiv

Semester by semester course listing requirements for someone who intends to finish this degree in three years. From the link they provide from their official web page for the degree to their current academic catalog's description   https://www.tms.edu/m/TMS-Academic-Catalog.pdf

CURRICULUM CHART

JUNIOR YEAR (first two semesters of your master's program)

1st Semester

BI 501 OT Studies I 3

BI 505 Hermeneutics 3 NT 501

Beginning Greek I 2 TH 507

Historical Theology I 3 PM 501

Found. of Exp. Preaching 1 PM 505

Grammar, Research & Writing 2 PM 511A

Foundations of Pastoral Ministry 2

2nd Semester

BI 502 OT Studies II 3 NT 502

Beginning Greek II 2 PM 714

Prayer and the Pastor 2 TH 508

Historical Theology II 3 PM 512A

Pastoral Counseling 3

Elective I 2

MIDDLE YEAR

1st Semester

BI 601 NT Studies 3 NT 603

Greek Exegesis I 3 TH 605

Theology I 3 PM 601

History of Preaching 1 OT 503

Hebrew Grammar I 3

Elective II 2

Elective III 2

2nd Semester

TH 602 Apologetics & Evangelism 3

NT 604

Greek Exegesis II 3 TH 606

Theology II 3 PM 602

Exp. Peaching Mechanics 2 PM 604

Exp. Preaching Workshop 3

OT 504

Hebrew Grammar II 3

SENIOR YEAR

1st Semester

BI 705 Advanced Hermeneutics 2

OT 796

OT Introduction 3 TH 705

Theology III 3 PM 703

Exp. Preaching Lab 3

OT 603

Hebrew Exegesis 3 NT

Elective IV (Greek Exegesis) 2

2nd Semester

BI 701 Ordination Preparation 2 PM 712

Practice of Pastoral Ministries 3 NT 796

NT Introduction 3 TH 706

Theology IV 3

OT Elective V (Hebrew Exegesis) 2

Elective VI 2

Elective VII

Thank you for posting this! Despite the claims being made that his program is just somehow unusual and all his extracurricular activity is normal, Jeremy's program is not special. Indeed, the thing that stands out to me about that schedule is it sounds like in theory he would be doing more week to week work than I did in an English graduate program.

I did a shitload of reading for each class--basically 1 book a week per class, so 2-3 books a week--but the actual coursework was often minimal and grades rested on a small number of major assignments, like a lengthy essay plus a conference-style presentation, at the end of the semester.

I did have classmates who procrastinated on all of that and seriously tried to write a 25-30 page paper in a couple of weeks rather than working on it throughout the semester--they didn't last long in the program--but it seems like Jeremy's coursework likely would involve more assignments spread out over the course of the semester, especially for all his language classes. So, if he's not doing his work, he's going to get very behind quickly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm still going with the assumption that he's attending classes regularly as well as having a part-time job on the campus.  Jinger probably just calls it all "work" since she's never been used to anyone in her world being "at school" unless it was the dining room table.   When and if JerMe actually studies (or if he needs to) is still debatable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I wonder how Jeremy feels about this headline?

EXCLUSIVE: Road trip! Josh Duggar and very pregnant wife Anna take 1,500-mile journey across the country with their extended family to visit sister Jinger in LA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7554415/Josh-Duggar-wife-Anna-road-trip-visit-sister-Jinger-California.html?ito=facebook_share_article-top&fbclid=IwAR1nujdMcEXinwB_DvF2Ly7hamPk5xVGHVExtbE4Z6cx4uVOZYHwZllwoYw

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Just for everybody's information, here's what you have to take for the program he was accepted to per the letter received from The Master's Seminary and posted online after his acceptance in either late 2017 or early 2018.

This is the basic description of that Master's of Divinity program according to their current website and their current academic handbook/catalog, to which they provide a link on this website page:: 

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

3-4 Years
98 Units
$290 Per Unit (Full-Time Residential)
$3,190 Per Semester (Full-Time Residential, 11 units)

M.DIV. CURRICULUM

10 Language Courses
7 Bible Courses
6 Theology Courses
6 Ministry Courses
5 Preaching Courses
5 Elective Courses

https://info.tms.edu/mdiv

Semester by semester course listing requirements for someone who intends to finish this degree in three years. From the link they provide from their official web page for the degree to their current academic catalog's description   https://www.tms.edu/m/TMS-Academic-Catalog.pdf

CURRICULUM CHART

JUNIOR YEAR (first two semesters of your master's program)

1st Semester

BI 501 OT Studies I 3

BI 505 Hermeneutics 3 NT 501

Beginning Greek I 2 TH 507

Historical Theology I 3 PM 501

Found. of Exp. Preaching 1 PM 505

Grammar, Research & Writing 2 PM 511A

Foundations of Pastoral Ministry 2

2nd Semester

BI 502 OT Studies II 3 NT 502

Beginning Greek II 2 PM 714

Prayer and the Pastor 2 TH 508

Historical Theology II 3 PM 512A

Pastoral Counseling 3

Elective I 2

MIDDLE YEAR

1st Semester

BI 601 NT Studies 3 NT 603

Greek Exegesis I 3 TH 605

Theology I 3 PM 601

History of Preaching 1 OT 503

Hebrew Grammar I 3

Elective II 2

Elective III 2

2nd Semester

TH 602 Apologetics & Evangelism 3

NT 604

Greek Exegesis II 3 TH 606

Theology II 3 PM 602

Exp. Peaching Mechanics 2 PM 604

Exp. Preaching Workshop 3

OT 504

Hebrew Grammar II 3

SENIOR YEAR

1st Semester

BI 705 Advanced Hermeneutics 2

OT 796

OT Introduction 3 TH 705

Theology III 3 PM 703

Exp. Preaching Lab 3

OT 603

Hebrew Exegesis 3 NT

Elective IV (Greek Exegesis) 2

2nd Semester

BI 701 Ordination Preparation 2 PM 712

Practice of Pastoral Ministries 3 NT 796

NT Introduction 3 TH 706

Theology IV 3

OT Elective V (Hebrew Exegesis) 2

Elective VI 2

Elective VII

All of that, and he’ll STILL bore the congregation to tears.  

• LOL 19
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

EXCLUSIVE: Road trip! Josh Duggar and very pregnant wife Anna take 1,500-mile journey across the country with their extended family to visit sister Jinger in LA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7554415/Josh-Duggar-wife-Anna-road-trip-visit-sister-Jinger-California.html?ito=facebook_share_article-top&fbclid=IwAR1nujdMcEXinwB_DvF2Ly7hamPk5xVGHVExtbE4Z6cx4uVOZYHwZllwoYw

B for effort. The Daily Mail coined the term "sex pest" for Josh. The least they could do is include it in the headline.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

B for effort. The Daily Mail coined the term "sex pest" for Josh. The least they could do is include it in the headline.

I was really disappointed they didn't call him a sex pest. Although they did point out that he's a jerk for making Anna do everything, the tone of the article was pretty positive.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

From the article:

He let Anna get the strollers out of the SUV and strap the smaller kids in, despite the fact that she's due to give birth next month. Maybe it's their usual system, but it did seem odd he didn't chip in,' the source added. 

Typical Smuggar, lazy jack hole. 

• Love 20
13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Keep Felicity away from him. I have a feeling if that piece of crap touched her, Jeremy would kill him. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

From the article:

He let Anna get the strollers out of the SUV and strap the smaller kids in, despite the fact that she's due to give birth next month. Maybe it's their usual system, but it did seem odd he didn't chip in,' the source added. 

Typical Smuggar, lazy jack hole. 

He really is a worthless POS.

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, Thorkim said:

My new favorite words are "sex pest" and it makes it even better that they are referencing Josh.

I had the same reaction when I first read that term applied to Smuggar.

eta: As I noted previously, does Smuggar even pretend to work anymore? They've been on several vacations this past summer and now into fall.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It's interesting to me that despite the "fact" that Jessa and Jinger are so close, she was not on this trip. None of these people work, and there was nowhere she had to be, and nothing she had to do, but she didn't make the trip.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It's interesting to me that despite the "fact" that Jessa and Jinger are so close, she was not on this trip. None of these people work, and there was nowhere she had to be, and nothing she had to do, but she didn't make the trip.

There wasn't room for another RV in the driveway.  Class act, all the way.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

If he helps Anna he might lose some weight. Can’t have that! He looks 8 months pregnant.

Frankly maybe he is not helping her by punishing her for having to knock her up. I doubt he cares for his brats either. They are nuisances to him. Good thing Jim Blob supports them. If sex pest had to work he would run off to Mexico or something.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

If sex pest had to work he would run off to Mexico or something.

Which would probably be better for everyone except the citizens of Mexico.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

So that lazy turd lets his hugely pregnant wife do all the work, while he plays pocket pool?  What a fuckhead.

Times 1,000.  Worthless POS!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Aaaa. When I see these "sex workers and celebs" stories, all I can think is What kind of a sex worker today doesn't insist on condoms and dental dams and so on?

And if this is the last remaining idiot sex worker who doesn't insist on these things, how does the sex worker know which guy gave them the disease? Has this idiot sex worker only had one client (and partner) in the past six months so there's only one candidate? (in which case, how is the sex worker paying their rent?) Or did the idiot sex worker see a sign of infection on this particular client and say, Heck, yeah, go ahead with it without protection anyway! 

In short, to me these celeb-sex-scandal gossip stories hardly ever make any actual sense when you apply common sense to them. And this sounds like one of those, big time. 

Here's the deal: there are many sex workers out there who will ride 'bareback' if the client is willing to pay extra.  So, if the reality star didn't want to use condoms and was willing to pay to compensate for the risk; there may not have been any protection involved.  It could be that this particular reality star was the only client who didn't use a condom recently and that's why the sex worked thinks it was him.  And, of course, people who frequent sex workers but don't use condoms are a whole lot more likely to have STD's anyway.

I have no idea if the story is true or not, I just know that some prostitutes don't use protection when a customer doesn't want it and is willing to pay more.  As to why someone would want to have sex with a prostitute at all, let alone without a condom; I guess it's the risk that they find exciting, or the sensation.  Not something I know much about.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5

Prostitutes had unprotected sex with Charlie sheen hoping to get pregnant and get child support $$$. 

Women had unprotected sex with Usher who saw that his genitals weren’t right aka discharge. 

Why would one risk getting an STD from a celebrity I don’t know.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Prostitutes had unprotected sex with Charlie sheen hoping to get pregnant and get child support $$$. 

Women had unprotected sex with Usher who saw that his genitals weren’t right aka discharge. 

Why would one risk getting an STD from a celebrity I don’t know.

Ugh. I didn't know that. Ugh. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Mexico would deport him lol

I would be happy with a Mexican jail.

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Here's the deal: there are many sex workers out there who will ride 'bareback' if the client is willing to pay extra.  So, if the reality star didn't want to use condoms and was willing to pay to compensate for the risk; there may not have been any protection involved.  It could be that this particular reality star was the only client who didn't use a condom recently and that's why the sex worked thinks it was him.  And, of course, people who frequent sex workers but don't use condoms are a whole lot more likely to have STD's anyway.

I have no idea if the story is true or not, I just know that some prostitutes don't use protection when a customer doesn't want it and is willing to pay more.  As to why someone would want to have sex with a prostitute at all, let alone without a condom; I guess it's the risk that they find exciting, or the sensation.  Not something I know much about.

It seems that there was a HUGE political scandal recently about a President and an adult film actress that had a bareback encounter.  If I could only remember who.  I think it is someone this family supports and incorporates into lawn 'art'.  Hmmm.  

Between going out to eat all the time, the going hither and yon for sightseeing, how would Jeremy find the time or cash for a prostitute?  Yeah, Jingle, I will be late tonight.  Have a study group. Don't wait up.  Babe, why are you showering after just studying?

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5