Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Short skirts, all kinds of school crushes, a blended family, Davy Jones, etc.

No way, no how they really know anything about the Brady Bunch.

Jana needs to go home, with the rest of her family, and think about what they've done. How many impressional young Gothardites are now going to tune into Brady reruns. She's promoting sin and ruining mankind as we speak. 

Seriously!!  And parents being shown in bed together!  😱

• LOL 6
50 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Yuck, why did Smuggers tag along? I don't blame RFP for not skipping school today.

Yeah as much shit as I give Jeremy, I also don't blame him for not making room for that outing in his schedule. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Evidently no in-laws showed up except for Abbie. 

ETA: This picture also highlights how short Josie is. She's the same height as Marcus and he's four years younger.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 6:32 AM, ehall1052 said:

That must be the style now for men who are relatively slim. We have a meteorologist on our local TV who is very slim, but his suit jackets are cut so tight he can hardly raise his arms. That’s got to be so uncomfortable!

Everyone on Suits (the Meghan Markle show) was dressed like this. The women looked sewn into their clothes. 

• Love 6

People over on Reddit are speculating that Jinger is pregnant because the Duggars are in LA and the Vuolos were just there last week.  I don't see it.  I also can't imagine them having another baby while Jeremy is in school useful to MacArthur. MacArthur has them flying around the country for a reason, and a pregnant Jinger could disrupt this.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

I guess they scored free American Girl dolls, very pricey.

My kid wants Santa to bring her one, those things are pricey!

12 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah as much shit as I give Jeremy, I also don't blame him for not making room for that outing in his schedule. 

I would be too, doing something important like washing my hair.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 5:31 AM, Higgins said:

Nail biting is not something a manicure will fix. It's not something easy to stop. It is related to OCD and Anxiety which are genetic.

No but as a nail biter when my nails are manicured I don't bite them.  As a kid I even got used to the taste of that nail biting stuff my mom would make me put on my nails.  But give me a manicure and I don't bite.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Churchhoney said:

I've only ever seen Cade's mom really mentioned -- and her Facebook doesn't give off much of a money vibe, but of course you can't tell.....https://www.facebook.com/kelly.menefeefoehner.1

Google also lists two sisters -- either both married or one from a different parental marriage or something....

He said somewhere that his family built a little church in his home town...maybe a grandfather then preached there? He's got photos of the church in his music promotions.....It looks to be an itty bitty little wooden church -- so, not obviously any kind of big money maker. 

Maybe he convinced her that God wants them married. She could be susceptible to that argument. 

Cut his hair off and he looks a little like John Kerry.  That boy NEEDS his hair.  Kinda homely.  And as I have said, total douchebag

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Is that Jordyn next to Josie?  What in the name of God is she wearing?  It looks like someone took an old apron and made a dress out of it.   That poor child, having to walk around LA (or anywhere) looking like that.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

How stupid.  Even if they know who or what the Brady Bunch is, it can't have any meaning to them, especially the kids.

18 hours ago, Nysha said:

The family went to Dollywood in one of the earlier episodes and met Dolly Parton. The kids had absolutely no idea who she was, but kept trying to fake fan enthusiasm. 

Why do the Duggars even visit places like this where they have no concept of the significance of the things they're seeing or the people they're meeting? Not only do the kids not have a clue, but the people that follow them also know that they don't have a clue.  That's the Duggar brand - "we're not like you, we don't watch tv/listen to secular music/read books, etc."  It's like they are pretending to know things that they admit they can't possibly know due to their upbringing.  Who are they trying to relate to?  I would think other Fundies would be similarly clueless, but if they are pandering to us unwashed masses to prove how cool and hip they are, what's the point?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Is that Jordyn next to Josie?  What in the name of God is she wearing?  It looks like someone took an old apron and made a dress out of it.   That poor child, having to walk around LA (or anywhere) looking like that.  

The three girls front and center look absolutely ridiculous.  Josie still wearing leggings under dresses, the old apron dress in Jordyn and then Meredith with the insane clown posse tights.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Why do the Duggars even visit places like this where they have no concept of the significance of the things they're seeing, people they're meeting, etc.? Not only do the kids not have a clue, but the people that follow them also know that they don't have a clue.  That's the Duggar brand - "we're not like you, we don't watch tv/listen to secular music/read books, etc."  It's like they are pretending to know things that they admit they can't possibly know due to their upbringing.  Who are they trying to relate to?  I would think other Fundies would be similarly clueless, but if they are pandering to us unwashed masses to prove how cool and hip they are, what's the point?

I am bewildered about all of this too. Why post something like that when your brand is that you DON’T watch tv?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am bewildered about all of this too. Why post something like that when your brand is that you DON’T watch tv?

The reason that they've visited all of these places is to film them for the show, I suspect.  TLC thinks the viewers want these 'fish out of water' scenarios and, let's face it, there really isn't much going on in Tontitown for them to film all the episodes there.  I suspect, if left to their own devices, the Duggars wouldn't have gone to most of these places ever.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

No but as a nail biter when my nails are manicured I don't bite them.  As a kid I even got used to the taste of that nail biting stuff my mom would make me put on my nails.  But give me a manicure and I don't bite.

For a little while, right? Then what? 

59 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

The three girls front and center look absolutely ridiculous.  Josie still wearing leggings under dresses, the old apron dress in Jordyn and then Meredith with the insane clown posse tights.

Anna's kids usually look pretty good so I'm going to assume that that monstrosity was bought as a complete quirky outfit. 

I make my 5 yo granddaughter where leggings or shorts under her dress when she's going to school or the park because she likes climbing around and hanging upside down. But, if she's not going to flipping herself over, I don't. The little Duggar girls are walking, shopping, and probably eating. They don't need leggings!

• Love 9
16 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Is that Jackson in the fluorescent green shirt? They are hard to tell apart, looking, as they do, like a bunch of hillbillies.

They look EXACTLY like a bunch of hillbillies, which may be the reason why Jeremy isn’t with them.  Appearances, y’all. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

Yeah, I maintain they know EXACTLY who the Brady Bunch were, and the adults at least have watched some episodes.  They were on network TV when Michelle & JB were just the right age to watch.  I'm sure the younger ones have been told who the family was, even if they haven't seen episodes.  And even that I'm skeptical about.  

I think they've heard Beyonce's music, I think they know Ellen is a lesbian, I think they've watched Disney movies and plenty of cartoons.  I think the older one's surf the Net pretty freely, drive by themselves on occasion and don't always have an "accountability" partner by their side.  I think NOW, they are more like everybody than they'll ever admit. 

Jinger's hair looks great.  And even with the dead squirrel on her head, Michelle looks really good.  What the HELL skin care system does she use?  Because it's seriously working for her.   

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

People over on Reddit are speculating that Jinger is pregnant because the Duggars are in LA and the Vuolos were just there last week.  I don't see it.  

Me either but I just don't think having your family visit is indicative of a pregnancy announcement. Maybe with the Duggars (but not in this case) so they can film it, but not the Vuolos. 

I think Jinger might be the one to have a limit on her family size. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger looks really pretty, but her facial expression says "kill me now." 

That seems to be Jinger's default smile. I have noticed the same basic expression on her face in a lot of other pictures. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Yeah, I maintain they know EXACTLY who the Brady Bunch were, and the adults at least have watched some episodes.  They were on network TV when Michelle & JB were just the right age to watch.  I'm sure the younger ones have been told who the family was, even if they haven't seen episodes.  And even that I'm skeptical about.  

I think they've heard Beyonce's music, I think they know Ellen is a lesbian, I think they've watched Disney movies and plenty of cartoons.  I think the older one's surf the Net pretty freely, drive by themselves on occasion and don't always have an "accountability" partner by their side.  I think NOW, they are more like everybody than they'll ever admit. 

Jinger's hair looks great.  And even with the dead squirrel on her head, Michelle looks really good.  What the HELL skin care system does she use?  Because it's seriously working for her.   

Michelle has lost weight.  Her tummy is flatter and her bosoms are smaller.  Judging by the neck muscles, I'd say that she's been working out.  She looks good.  But lately, all she wears is bell sleeves, which are way too young for her.  She needs to go back to her green shirt!  Just kidding.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Jeremy's Seminary is not the usual accredited, postgraduate institution of learning.  We KNOW this.

I just don't get why people think it's like the average state university.   Of course he doesn't have a class schedule like Master's candidates at U of wherever. 

He won't have anything similar to the usual 16-18 classes over 2 years most folks need, depending on the school & program. It just isn't the deal there at Jeremy U, according to the website.  

It's like asking why your cat isn't going to have puppies.  They aren't the same.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

So RFP is on the Master’s degree program equivalent of the home school workbooks Jill has her kids doing.

After six months have passed it’s going to be, “Yay! Jerome graduated!”

I hope this sets up the MacArthur seminary program for a big fat class action lawsuit from the poor dumb schmucks who actually studied and paid for that degree.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Maybe he is doing online classes? I attended college but took as many online classes as I could.

Well, no. Because he started last year in their distance-learning program. They have six distance-learning campuses around the country -- where you do a bunch of the stuff online from your house and then periodically go to the distance campus (and very occasionally to the main LA campus)....... He seems to have done at least a semester in the online-plus-occasional-attendance-at-the-Dallas-distance-campus before he went to California.

But by moving to LA, he moved right to the non-online campus. And at some points, he's said that that's what he's doing. He did publish at least one photo of him with one of the on-campus lecturers, in the lecture room......

And given what they write in the handbook, it seems pretty clear that if you're in LA, you'd be attending live classes -- they pretty explicitly don't offer the online option at that location, as far as I can tell.

He may just be attending classes part-time though. That's my guess.

Since they seem to have given him money and a job as well (either at the seminary or at Grace Church) -- and since he seems to find LA very congenial and quite possibly hopes/plans to stay there after he finishes the masters -- he may just figure that there's no reason to try to finish up the degree fast......(If he's getting the one scholarship they have, which they say goes to the top 10 percent of students and applicants, then it's a full ride. 

That he's going part time would make the most sense, I think, although he's never actually said that that's the case or, as far as I've seen, said what his job is or whether it's at the seminary or the church....Clearly is part of the package that MacArthur gave him, though -- so it must be at one MacArthur-related enterprise or other. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Jeremy's Seminary is not the usual accredited, postgraduate institution of learning.  We KNOW this.

I just don't get why people think it's like the average state university.   Of course he doesn't have a class schedule like Master's candidates at U of wherever. 

He won't have anything similar to the usual 16-18 classes over 2 years most folks need, depending on the school & program. It just isn't the deal there at Jeremy U, according to the website.  

It's like asking why your cat isn't going to have puppies.  They aren't the same.  

Just for everybody's information, here's what you have to take for the program he was accepted to per the letter received from The Master's Seminary and posted online after his acceptance in either late 2017 or early 2018.

This is the basic description of that Master's of Divinity program according to their current website and their current academic handbook/catalog, to which they provide a link on this website page:: 

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

3-4 Years
98 Units
$290 Per Unit (Full-Time Residential)
$3,190 Per Semester (Full-Time Residential, 11 units)

M.DIV. CURRICULUM

10 Language Courses
7 Bible Courses
6 Theology Courses
6 Ministry Courses
5 Preaching Courses
5 Elective Courses

https://info.tms.edu/mdiv

Semester by semester course listing requirements for someone who intends to finish this degree in three years. From the link they provide from their official web page for the degree to their current academic catalog's description   https://www.tms.edu/m/TMS-Academic-Catalog.pdf

CURRICULUM CHART

JUNIOR YEAR (first two semesters of your master's program)

1st Semester

BI 501 OT Studies I 3

BI 505 Hermeneutics 3 NT 501

Beginning Greek I 2 TH 507

Historical Theology I 3 PM 501

Found. of Exp. Preaching 1 PM 505

Grammar, Research & Writing 2 PM 511A

Foundations of Pastoral Ministry 2

2nd Semester

BI 502 OT Studies II 3 NT 502

Beginning Greek II 2 PM 714

Prayer and the Pastor 2 TH 508

Historical Theology II 3 PM 512A

Pastoral Counseling 3

Elective I 2

MIDDLE YEAR

1st Semester

BI 601 NT Studies 3 NT 603

Greek Exegesis I 3 TH 605

Theology I 3 PM 601

History of Preaching 1 OT 503

Hebrew Grammar I 3

Elective II 2

Elective III 2

2nd Semester

TH 602 Apologetics & Evangelism 3

NT 604

Greek Exegesis II 3 TH 606

Theology II 3 PM 602

Exp. Peaching Mechanics 2 PM 604

Exp. Preaching Workshop 3

OT 504

Hebrew Grammar II 3

SENIOR YEAR

1st Semester

BI 705 Advanced Hermeneutics 2

OT 796

OT Introduction 3 TH 705

Theology III 3 PM 703

Exp. Preaching Lab 3

OT 603

Hebrew Exegesis 3 NT

Elective IV (Greek Exegesis) 2

2nd Semester

BI 701 Ordination Preparation 2 PM 712

Practice of Pastoral Ministries 3 NT 796

NT Introduction 3 TH 706

Theology IV 3

OT Elective V (Hebrew Exegesis) 2

Elective VI 2

Elective VII

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Maybe he is doing online classes? I attended college but took as many online classes as I could.

He moved to LA because he did all the online work permitted in the program. He has to attend classes in person for the remainder of his matriculation. 

That is, IF he's actually enrolled in classes.

Or what @Churchhoney said. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 9/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, Churchhoney said:

Of course. But that's completely beside the point. 

The question in the Duggar case is always -- Was this person (woman, especially an unmarried one) ever asked about what she wanted to do or did everybody (perhaps including the woman herself) just assume that she would do what their stupid and cruel "rules" require her to do, as the lesser being that the traditional Duggar/Gothard/MacArthur/etc system declares that she is? 

This is not a situation happening among the typical people you're describing. It's nothing like that. And to treat it like it is that kind of a situation -- a situation in which everybody's preferences are considered -- is just plain wrong. That's the hideous tragedy of normalizing these fucking people on TeeVee and instagram etc. It tempts viewers to imagine that this is way way way more like their own lives than it is. 

I know this for a fact. I grew up in one of these situations. And I've seen the complete incomprehension of people who simply assume that you have choices that you don't have. No matter what they hear or what they see, they can't get their minds around the facts of just how different and repressive it is. Even when they say they realize you don't get certain choices, they actually think that you do get them. And that you're just doing what makes you happy when you are held back from doing things -- that you chose when you never were offered a choice. 

I'm one of those who noticed.....and who could see the misjudgments people were making about my family because they assumed i was similar to their own. ..... But just because I was a lucky one who saw the differences -- and therefore got out-- doesn't make it right that my family members who didn't realize how suppressed they were or who were too timid to do anything drastic about it were barred from so much by their background....and nobody outside the situation realized that it's because they were trapped. 

That's what drives me absolutely nuts about most discussions regarding the Duggars. "But maybe Jana wanted to??!" In repressive situations like this, the wants of some people are never considered....because they're in a category that doesn't get to have wants. Their category does a, b, and c.....and never even wonders whether it might possibly do something else. And when I say "never considered" I mean -- never considered by Jana herself either....because her family has made even asking about such options unthinkable.

Suppose one of JB's and M's little Duggar girls truly wants to be a medical doctor. Suppose one of the little Duggar girls is a lesbian. Suppose one of the little Duggar girls even wants to go to high school so she can actually learn calculus and chemistry. Will anyone in this clan ever ever give any of those impulses the tiniest chance even to emerge and be spoken about -- let alone acted upon? I think we all know the answer. And it's all of a piece with Jana babysitting when nobody, even Jana, has actually ever inquired into whether or not she wants to. 

This is a fucking Handmaid's-Tale-in-real-life that's being normalized by the way it's seen on TeeVee and social media and the idiot gossip rags. And it's being perpetrated by a bunch of people who would like to put every one of us in the same position their women, married and unmarried, and their children are in. ....And, in fact, those people are getting stronger and stronger in this country at the current moment. So perhaps we normalize them very much at our own risk, as @Mojitogirl noted earlier to day. 

So to act as if "I chose to look after the kids" is in any way similar to the system of discrimination these people thoughtlessly but relentlessly practice every day of the week is just blind blind blind and wrong wrong wrong, in my opinion. 

In just about every piece i've written here today, I've noted that if looking after Felicity actually is Jana's choice, then of course that's perfectly fine. What I'm pointing to -- and, damn it, I'm going to say it here again -- is that there's a very very very real possibility that nobody (including Jana, because of her programming) has ever for one second considered the possibility that she'd rather not. And that -- by contrast -- is utterly wrong. 

Do you think MacArthur, Jer and their other buddies have ever consulted a woman on the question of whether she would like to be a student at their seminary? When you make these repressive boxes, the people stuck in the box have no voice. That's every bit as discriminatory and harmful in a family or a religion as it is in a society and its government.  It's not sweet and harmless just because it's a family or a "Christian" thing. 

What if they openly made such discriminations on the basis of race, rather than sex? Would it look normal then? Darker-haired Duggars always look after the babies -- while the others ride the Hulk multiple times!! Would it look so normal and harmless then? Would we think it was just a choice dark-haired Duggars were making for themselves? 

I'm late but I just wanted to say I want to marry this post and have its babies.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Let's be honest,  if Cade and Gabby weren't semi-famous and part of their church, JereMe would think Cade looked a bit fruity and Gabby was vain and slutty in those tight clothes. Suddenly he doesn't have a problem because these two Idol rejects seem to worship him and Jinger.

This is not what I think of them btw. 

Her dress is very Nike! And yes, without the long hair, its John Kerry! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Just for everybody's information, here's what you have to take for the program he was accepted to per the letter received from The Master's Seminary and posted online after his acceptance in either late 2017 or early 2018.

This is the basic description of that Master's of Divinity program according to their current website and their current academic handbook/catalog, to which they provide a link on this website page:: 

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

3-4 Years
98 Units
$290 Per Unit (Full-Time Residential)
$3,190 Per Semester (Full-Time Residential, 11 units)

M.DIV. CURRICULUM

10 Language Courses
7 Bible Courses
6 Theology Courses
6 Ministry Courses
5 Preaching Courses
5 Elective Courses

https://info.tms.edu/mdiv

Semester by semester course listing requirements for someone who intends to finish this degree in three years. From the link they provide from their official web page for the degree to their current academic catalog's description   https://www.tms.edu/m/TMS-Academic-Catalog.pdf

CURRICULUM CHART

JUNIOR YEAR (first two semesters of your master's program)

1st Semester

BI 501 OT Studies I 3

BI 505 Hermeneutics 3 NT 501

Beginning Greek I 2 TH 507

Historical Theology I 3 PM 501

Found. of Exp. Preaching 1 PM 505

Grammar, Research & Writing 2 PM 511A

Foundations of Pastoral Ministry 2

2nd Semester

BI 502 OT Studies II 3 NT 502

Beginning Greek II 2 PM 714

Prayer and the Pastor 2 TH 508

Historical Theology II 3 PM 512A

Pastoral Counseling 3

Elective I 2

MIDDLE YEAR

1st Semester

BI 601 NT Studies 3 NT 603

Greek Exegesis I 3 TH 605

Theology I 3 PM 601

History of Preaching 1 OT 503

Hebrew Grammar I 3

Elective II 2

Elective III 2

2nd Semester

TH 602 Apologetics & Evangelism 3

NT 604

Greek Exegesis II 3 TH 606

Theology II 3 PM 602

Exp. Peaching Mechanics 2 PM 604

Exp. Preaching Workshop 3

OT 504

Hebrew Grammar II 3

SENIOR YEAR

1st Semester

BI 705 Advanced Hermeneutics 2

OT 796

OT Introduction 3 TH 705

Theology III 3 PM 703

Exp. Preaching Lab 3

OT 603

Hebrew Exegesis 3 NT

Elective IV (Greek Exegesis) 2

2nd Semester

BI 701 Ordination Preparation 2 PM 712

Practice of Pastoral Ministries 3 NT 796

NT Introduction 3 TH 706

Theology IV 3

OT Elective V (Hebrew Exegesis) 2

Elective VI 2

Elective VII

That's a heavy load. I'm guessing you're correct. Part-time student. Would that mean he's in a six year program?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That's a heavy load. I'm guessing you're correct. Part-time student. Would that mean he's in a six year program?

Or 8! lol 

An advantage the school might perceive in having him be part time is that they have an excuse to keep him around to do PR appearances for them longer.

Plus, I still think he's got the MacArthur go-ahead to just do the minimum in each course and be assured of getting by -- Since in JM's view he's contributing so much to the enterprise by his fame and following -- Then he can be a part-timer (without having to complete the amount or quality of class work others do, wink wink nudge nudge...) And he'll be able pick up his degree in a total of 4 to 5 years or so..... That would tally with the way various seminary whistleblowers have described MacArthur methods., I think. Jer's a favorite and is perceived by TPTB to be useful, so he'll get breaks on academic matters where others won't. 

• Love 4