Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

This whole J&J shtick just strikes me as being bizarrely naive. Yes, TLC and their money is still around for the moment, but what makes RFP think they have the goods to become influencers? Or are even material for more than two VSE’s (“Duggars—Where Are They Now?”) Or anything more than, “Oh, yeah, her...wasn’t she from that weird Jesus family with all those kids back in the teens?”

It’s like when a four-year-old tells you he’s going to be king. That’s kinda cute. But having that same kind of cluelessness at thirty is somewhat disturbing.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I looked up Matt Coeler, the guy they keep tagging, and it turns out he attended Masters and his family is loaded. His dad owns a bunch of property around LA (PAC Properties) and Matt manages all those properties. I bet they own the house the Vuolos are renting.

Aaaahhhhhh. Now it all makes sense. Jeremy sure knows how to suck up to the right people.

• Love 17
On 8/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, doodlebug said:

Since Jinger's posts are veritable ads for the various fancy drink places, I think it is safe to say that she isn't spending a dime of her TV money on fancy coffee or tea.  In fact, she probably gets paid to post for these places.  To paraphrase Dire Straits, 'Money for nothin' and her drinks for free'.

I find it sorta pathetic that Jing, after less than 3 years of marriage, now has the words 'legit' and 'game changer' and 'hipster' in her vocabulary.  She really is just a sheep following her headship.

I don't know if the laws have changed, but last I heard the FTC requires bloggers and such to disclose when something they're promoting was given to them for free, even if it's technically not a paid ad. They would definitely have to disclose if they are getting paid to post. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Vuolos are unaware of those laws or are disingenuously telling themselves that they are just posting about their lives and sweet friends giving them stuff isn't compensation.

14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Legit is her favorite new word.  She uses it to describe everything that she likes, or should like.  Find a new word, Jinger, because you’ve worn that one out.

Oh, how cute! Jinger learned a new word and thinks she sounds normal!

10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am finding the less a Duggar couple posts on social media the more I like them. Well, as much as I can like any Duggar. Now if a Duggar really broke free from it all, they would be my favorite.

That's it for me. I understand that the process of breaking free from this type of upbringing is a process and doesn't happen all at once, but emotionally? To hell with (what people assume to be) baby steps. If anything, the secular-looking package over the same beliefs they've always had makes me dislike them even more.

Edited by lascuba
FCC and FTC are not the same thing.
  • Love 9

I don't think that Jer and Jing are getting comped when the are posting these pics out in LA.  They are going to places that are designed for people to post on Instagram, and don't need influencers to help their business.  People take, post pictures, and tag the business for free.  Now, there is always the possibility that the older guy is buying some of the food and drink while they are out.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think that Jer and Jing are getting comped when the are posting these pics out in LA.  They are going to places that are designed for people to post on Instagram, and don't need influencers to help their business.  People take, post pictures, and tag the business for free.  Now, there is always the possibility that the older guy is buying some of the food and drink while they are out.

I think they're probably paying some of the time. They haven't been doing this long, after all. 

But with the number of followers they have -- and the fact that they are "known" by Jingle's name and even have paparazzi photos to show for it -- I think it's very likely that they're getting at least some of it for free........ Everything they post is going out to over 600,000 followers, in Jer's case, and to over a million followers, in Jingle's case. A lot of retail establishments will pay something -- even if only a free meal and drinks -- for that very high level of exposure. 

And the use of influencers continues to increase. I know of some totally non-famous, regular people with follower numbers only in the 10s of thousands who get some free products and even some cash based on posts. So with more than a million and a half followers between them? 

And they're not just posting photos. They're going out of their way to make a lot of their stuff read like an ad.......That tells me that, even if they haven't gotten any freebies for their postings yet they definitely know that freebies are possible from the kinds of places they're going, given their very very large social-media followings, and they're making an effort to get the freebies. 

Another giveaway to me is how often they've been to places that are pretty new and aggressively expanding. The coffee place Jingle went to with Jana is doing that and so's this Dayglow one they just posted about. Retailers in the process of expanding are among those that are highly likely to pay something for influencer posts. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
On 8/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, Oldernowiser said:

If they dumped their cat they are DEAD TO ME.

They only used him for their image. I’m not surprised.  I’m sure he’s not the first thing they’ve used and discarded when they no longer needed them - Laredo comes to mind. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

The idea of walking into a coffee shop (dragging my spouse and nonexistent baby) and hustling for free coffee drinks makes me cringe down to my curling toes. God how embarrassing.

Me, too. 

I read an article somewhere that says a lot of them email or call first......Saying stuff like, "I have 100,000 followers, and I'd like free lunch for me and two friends...."   

I can easily see Jer calling and saying, "My wife and I have more than a million and a half followers on Instagram. We'll be over for our free coffees tomorrow at 9." 

That wouldn't make me feel any less embarrassed than the walk-in horror, but I think it might make Jer feel like a hotshot business person making a deal......I'm sure he just loves announcing how many followers he has! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
On 8/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, zenme said:

I don’t think there’s any family money. The Vuolo Sr. house is in need of renovation and redecoration. I don’t know. I just don’t get the “family money” thing. I think plain and simple, Jeremy is into his image. He said his favorite thing about Italy is food and fashion. Fashion? It’s just not the usual answer from a man, IMO, but I think it’s telling about Jeremy. Also, when asked about being a foodie he used the phrase “fake it til you make it.”  There it is. I think he’s all about his image and how he looks, or how he wants the world to view him. I think he’s all TLC money and credit cards. 

And mooching and grifting. He’s always got his hand out. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They only used him for their image. I’m not surprised.  I’m sure he’s not the first thing they’ve used and discarded when they no longer needed them - Laredo comes to mind. 

Great point. ...

I wonder if it ever occurs to Jer/them that in some cases he/they may be disposable too. Like .... suppose MacArthur doesn't get everything he hopes for from his new little lots-of-media-followers suckup guy? Will he still give Jer everything he's been saying he will, if doing it become a little inconvenient or he decides Jer hasn't held up his end of the bargain?

MacArthur seems to be more generally known for his meanness than for generosity. But I wonder whether Jer's in the least bit wary of that or if he just writes off all the negative reports because he's a current pet. 

You'd think people who themselves use and discard people/creatures would be very wary of being on the receiving end of such treatment.

But I've noticed that, in a lot of cases, they actually seem to be more oblivious to it than other people. I've seen that playing out in a couple of workplaces.

Once I asked a user-and-discarder guy why he didn't see his own discard coming and prepare his mind for it, at least, and he said "I honestly never thought it could happen to me." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Aaaahhhhhh. Now it all makes sense. Jeremy sure knows how to suck up to the right people.

I think it's also quite possible that the Coelers are very big supporters of MacArthur-and-pals, so MacArthur calls on them to do special nice things for the people he chooses as pets.

So Jer may not have had to find the Coelers for himself. MacArthur and Mahoney may basically have that family on call to "contribute to the church and seminary" by befriending and providing things for people MacArthur wants to support. 

I don't think it's a big stretch at all to think that the Vs are getting their house free or at a very low rental cost because they own the property, for example. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Am I just old and out of touch (it’s okay, I’m good with that), but I would think that there’s a ton of wannabe famewhores where they now live competing in the low-rent hustle category? Who are prettier?

That and this whole thing is so antithetical to being a minister it makes my head explode...

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Felicity will get to go to the library. The Vuolos seem to value education. I just hope little Prop is involved in a co-op when it's time for her to start school. I don't trust Jinger homefooling any more than I do Jill.

I think Felicity will only visit her dad's library, where she will be unable to touch any book lest she ruin his picture perfect set up

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Am I just old and out of touch (it’s okay, I’m good with that), but I would think that there’s a ton of wannabe famewhores where they now live competing in the low-rent hustle category? Who are prettier?

That and this whole thing is so antithetical to being a minister it makes my head explode...

Yeah, there are certainly lots of famewhores around where they are! 

But I don't think most of those famewhores would be interested in going to a Calvinist seminary that bans women because God decreed women aren't good enough to be pastors and requires you to take 10 courses in ancient Greek and Hebrew (which a lot of seminaries have dropped as requirements), do you? 

Especially when that seminary is being seriously threatened with loss of its accreditation right now -- which, if it were to happen, would send it right into the tank. (because the vast majority of students are attending with federal loans -- and if accreditation went, so would the loans....and that's the money that's running the seminary...)

So to start with, there's a somewhat limited number of people who see the ministry as a potential path to fame -- which limits Jer's competition right there. Plus, most such famewhores today wouldn't be interested in using MacArthur's seminary, in particular, to get there, seems to me. 

Then, even if  another famewhore wanted to go to the seminary now, that guy wouldn't be married to a Duggar -- And so he and his wife wouldn't have the million-plus social-media followers and the near-million TeeVee viewers that I'm 100 percent sure Jer used as his bait to get MacArthur's support. 

Jer may in fact have been the only person around who both wants to go that seminary right now -- when it's antiquated in a lot of ways and ts fate is in limbo -- while also having the very important currency that could make him a petted favorite getting lots of freebies and favors from the boss, i.e., those million-plus social media followers with whom he can "share" great stories and images of MacArthur's enterprises. 

For Jer, I expect the whole situation seems to have been made in heaven just for him. .... But only time can tell how that'll work out for him, ultimately. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Jer may in fact have been the only person around who both wants to go that seminary right now -- when it's antiquated in a lot of ways and ts fate is in limbo -- while also having the very important currency that could him a petted favorite getting lots of freebies and favors from the boss, i.e., those million-plus social media followers with whom he can "share" great stories and images of MacArthur's enterprises. 

my husband and i worked for an evangelical church for many years, it ended badly.

we think the grifting is actually taught seminaries.

You all have no idea on the grifts. pastor does a sermon where his snow shovel was stolen, congregation member gifts him with snowplowing. need home reno, new carpet, new car someone in the congregations gifts it. our pastor had a $500 monthly car allowance while a chrysler exec was gifting him one of her exec vouchers that got his car for $200 a month

Jer as a church plant guy, from a sponsor church in laredo surely had a housing allowance, a car allowance, a travel/continuing ed allowance and a book allowance

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's also quite possible that the Coelers are very big supporters of MacArthur-and-pals, so MacArthur calls on them to do special nice things for the people he chooses as pets.

So Jer may not have had to find the Coelers for himself. MacArthur and Mahoney may basically have that family on call to "contribute to the church and seminary" by befriending and providing things for people MacArthur wants to support. 

I don't think it's a big stretch at all to think that the Vs are getting their house free or at a very low rental cost because they own the property, for example. 

I can totally see MacArthur "encouraging" the Coelers to give Jer and Jing a rental with a reduced rent.  They will gladly do it to keep on MacArthur's good side and it has the side benefit of good Christian charity with them helping out a young family.  I don't even think Jeremy would realize that this is a conditional arrangement that can be severed at MacArthur's whim.  Jeremy will have to stay on MacArthur's good side or find himself needing to find new lodgings in LA.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

my husband and i worked for an evangelical church for many years, it ended badly.

we think the grifting is actually taught seminaries.

You all have no idea on the grifts. pastor does a sermon where his snow shovel was stolen, congregation member gifts him with snowplowing. need home reno, new carpet, new car someone in the congregations gifts it. our pastor had a $500 monthly car allowance while a chrysler exec was gifting him one of her exec vouchers that got his car for $200 a month

Jer as a church plant guy, from a sponsor church in laredo surely had a housing allowance, a car allowance, a travel/continuing ed allowance and a book allowance

also the big scam was for them to make every large church purchase on their personal credit card to get the travel mile points - they always flew first class and for free

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

And in that case he got all the stuff without ever even going to a seminary or even having a college major or prior work experience in anything religion-related. 

He got it because his father knew a man who knew a man.....And drove Jer (heartbroken and despondent, by his own account, because he didn't become a famous goalie) to San Antonio to meet that man and beg the man to give his kid a job. (which he would eventually do in a sort of half-assed fashion while being a reality-tv star and keeping an eye out for greener pastures. )

And now Jer's successfully used his wife's social-media following to make him a top favorite with notorious playing-favorites-and-using-money-shadily-to-benefit-his-friends guy, John MacArthur. 

So far, it's all working out for Jeremy, whose specialty seems to be "getting things but not getting things on my own merits."

What any of this has to do with that faith thing he likes to talk about is, um, a difficult question. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And in that case he got all the stuff without ever even going to a seminary or even having a college major or prior work experience in anything religion-related. 

He got it because his father knew a man who knew a man.....And drove Jer to San Antonio to meet that man and beg the man to give his kid a job he could do in a sort of half-assed fashion while being a reality-tv star and keeping an eye out for greener pastures. 

And now Jer's successfully used his wife's social-media following to make him a top favorite with notorious playing-favorites-and-using-money-shadily-to-benefit-his-friends guy, John MacArthur. 

So far, it's all working out for Jeremy, whose specialty seems to be 'not getting things on my own merits."

What it has to do with that faith thing he likes to talk about is a different question. 

Jer and his dad are not stupid - they clearly saw opportunity and took it.

so far, as you said it is working for Jer. He cultivates the rich crowd - that is not the duggar base that is most of their followers.

it will be interesting to watch if Jer can market himself and family into a different market that may last longer

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So far, it's all working out for Jeremy, whose specialty seems to be "getting things but not getting things on my own merits."

And also never actually working. Or getting his manicured hands dirty.

Tool.

(or should I say, “hella tool”?)

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

And also never actually working. Or getting his manicured hands dirty.

Tool.

(or should I say, “hella tool”?)

Yep. He didn't even have to get his own social media followers. It was all a "done for you" situation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anybody remember the movie “Paper Moon”? Where the father is a hustler/Bible salesman who enlists his young daughter as his grifting partner?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 21st century’s Moses and Addie Pray.

🤮

I love that movie.  "I want my 200 dollas!"

• Love 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

it will be interesting to watch if Jer can market himself and family into a different market that may last longer

I'm here for it, haha! I don't think they have the cajones to do what it will REALLY take to get to the D-list. They will first have to secure their own show on either TLC or possibly E or Bravo. To do this, they will have to appeal to the masses similar to the Kardashians and become more mainstream. As long as they are religious bigots, that will not happen. BUT I think they can secure fame if they do the following:

1. Release a tell all, TRUE tell all on Growing up Duggar:

2. Renounce their hate for LGBT/women/ect. Get on some sort of  talk show and talk about how they realize their ignorance ect and now support the LGBT community. Join a mainstream, less conservative church

3. Get their own reality show ( ideally get the show and coordinate the release of the tell all right when it airs), and make it centered on Jinger experiencing regular life and have actual honest commentary comparing it to the cult. They ( and I hate to say it) are pretty watchable compared to the rest of the family so I do think if they take this approach it would be successful

They would become the poor underdogs that people would want to root for

There you go Jeremy. And I am sure once he discovers that its not on trend to discriminate against people, he would have a bigger audience to pontificate too. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would say that Jeremy is par for the course of mediocre white men, advancing unearned through the world and always able to fail up; but, then I look at Derick and Ben.  It does not surprise me that Jeremy ended up with an organization that wants to keep women and minorities in "their place."  Better to keep up the illusion that Jeremy has earned his place in the world, and not gotten there based on his connections and straight, cisgender, white male privilege.  I do think that Jeremy believes that he is special and has earned everything that has come his way.   As much as I cannot stand Derick, he appears to have worked for his place in law school.  

Exactly. It's a zero sum game to him and he thinks being born straight and male entitles him to be the special someone he thinks he is. The only reason I hope JereME learns anything in his "seminary" is so that he can smack down his ignorant hillbilly of a father-in-law who thinks King James translated the Bible (or whatever stupid assertion he made in Scotland). After he has shown up Boob, I hope karma take JereME down.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
Just now, farmgal4 said:

Oh, he absolutely thinks that he’s gorgeous.  My first thought was that he oozes arrogance, but I was wrong.  He’s drowning in it.  I used to really like him, but now all I see is an egotistical wannabe.

I wish I could like this post a million times. You nailed it!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

What the fuck is that picture of Jeremy posing like Little Red Riding Hood????

I knew this guy was a freak. 

Apparently you just don't recognize enigmatic, darkly powerful, romantic male sexuality when you see it. 😀😁🙄

Guessing that's what he's going for anyway. Such a surprise that the modeling agencies never called! 😈

Note to Jer: The baboon lips don't help but they aren't the only thing keeping you off the magazine covers, guy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 18
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

JerME did an Instagram story of the 3 at a chili cook-off in Malibu, and they met Simon Cowell there. I’m surprised how small Simon is. 

6D157E06-D6A5-4B97-AC56-20329267C1F2.jpeg

9405E24E-2462-49EE-AC24-BEC922A993B6.jpeg

I'm sure S-Cow'l could hardly contain his delight at meeting the preacher. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2