Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

'did I mention we're in Malibu? Because we are. In Malibu!' 

Honestly, it gets more ridiculous with every IG post.  He is so full of himself.  I can’t believe that I used to really like him.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Dirndl said:

Maybe Jeremy is the same kind of student I was. Taking everything really (too) easy during the semester and then studying in panic mode at the end of the semester shortly before the exams. I wouldn't advise doing it this way but I need the pressure and panic and it worked. I probably could have had better grades but at least I enjoyed life and the big city during my time at university. I guess he is the same and as long as I don't know that he is failing in school I won't judge him for enjoying his life and new opportunities as much as he can. 

Or he's been told by seminary head John MacArthur that he'll get the degree no matter what -- as long as he keeps posting stuff that makes clear to his and Jingle's million-and-a-half-plus followers (and on the TeeVeve show if possible) that it's oh so cool and wonderful to go The Master's Seminary so everybody should try it. As long as he's the enticing face of the seminary, it's possible -- I think -- that his degree is secured. 

I think that's the most likely scenario. Because unfairness at that level seems to be pretty much the way MacArthur rolls. He pays for what he wants (he reportedly pays every single member of his board of governors in some secret way, for example)......Right now, with his accreditation hanging in the balance, what he wants is great publicity for his school. 

If Jer is just a procrastinator -- with no guarantees from the powers that be -- he'll have a rude awakening in at least one regard come semester's end. As we all know, in lots of subject matter you can procrastinate and still get through by massive last-minute effort.

But his degree requires learning not one but two difficult ancient languages. And that requires persistent, long-term study. There's just no way you can memorize all that stuff at the last minute even to regurgitate it on one exam .

His degree requires 10 of those language courses -- considerably more than it requires in any other subject -- and, of course, even if you can successfully cram for the exam in the first course, if you've forgotten that crammed information by the time the second course starts you're doubly screwed by the time that exam comes around. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They must have wealthy friends who can afford to live on the beach in Malibu. 🤑

I bet they are at a restaurant or other public space. 

Felicity looks so much older standing up vs being held! She's losing that baby look.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I guess it does qualify as a strong advertisement for the seminary.....Come to study ancient Greek and Hebrew, stay to spend time with your "friends in Malibu." 

Oh, no.  Jer's not a social climber and somebody who's overwhelmingly attracted to wealth and its trappings and privileges to the exclusion of everything else. He's totes pastoral, eager to help a flock, and oh so devoted to serious books and learning....down to his tippy Gucci-loafered toes. 

"Friends in Malibu." Ham-handed transparently bragging social-climbing dumb-ass much? 

That happened to other people. 

I mentioned in my post that he doesn't appear to be doing homework during the week. I meant to tag you, but my phone was acting up (I really need a new one), so I just left the picture with my little snarky comment. 😀

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's a really wet lifeguard post. 

LMFAO

It must be that, because Jeremy wouldn't post a picture of Felicity being captivated by water just so he could say he was in Malibu. Right? 🤔😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think Cade’s hair looks like a dust mop that mated with Ms. Clairol.

IMG_0740.JPG

"Friends in Malibu."

The fair weather is so nice you might even call them fairweather friends in Malibu.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, farmgal4 said:

Honestly, it gets more ridiculous with every IG post.  He is so full of himself.  I can’t believe that I used to really like him.  

Agreed. I didn’t think I could dislike any Duggar family members more than the obvious suspects. (I started listing them until I realized you all would know who I was talking about). These two have bypassed all of them. Stop it. Yes, you were in Malibu. And you were in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago. Goody for you. Nobody cares. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Stop it. Yes, you were in Malibu. And you were in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago. Goody for you. Nobody cares. 

So was I Jeremy, honey, so was I.  I also drove past the seminary, was in Santa Clarita, Beverly Hills, Duarte, La Canada, the Rose Bowl, and a few other places.  Sadly I posted no artsie photos on instagram.  I was just living life, Jinjer.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Back when Jer used to talk about, you know, his future career, he often said he was committed to this -- "biblical exegetical expository preaching" .... He enthused about his membership in the Society for Expository Preaching. He said numerous times that this was the only kind of preaching he respected and the only kind that's worthy and the kind he would pursue. He had their little lapel pin --  

And below is what "expository preaching" supposedly requires. I'd love to know how somebody without an undergraduate background in these subjects, who then engages in the  "take it easy, enjoy LA, study at the end of semester and maybe some weeknights but hey I don't need much sleep" approach to grad school .... will still somehow end up as a master of all the following, which every source I've looked at deems required for the expository preacher......

If he'd kept his big mouth shut about what kind of preacher he was going to be, maybe his goings-on would seem a little less questionable. 

"The preacher of expository sermons discovers the meaning of the text through a careful exegetical analysis of the text in all its particulars. The expository preacher comes to the text like a detective to a crime scene. He studies it for every clue to the meaning. The clues in the text are the words of the text writer. We know what he intended to say by what he wrote, but the details can easily be overlooked to the casual observer. The expositor will look carefully at every detail for what it indicates about the writer’s message.

"Expository preaching calls for careful consideration of the contexts in which the text was originally written. Interpreting a text calls for a serious look at the literary context, the chapters and verses before and after the text, as well as the other writing of the author and the entire canon. Beyond that is the historical context of the original writing, including the local culture, politics, economic conditions, and other such factors. The original setting of the text not only shapes the message but takes part in it.

"An expository sermon is organized with due consideration to the structure and genre of the selected passage. Basically the text writer’s treatment of his subject sets the pattern for the preacher’s sermon structure. The type of literature the text represents should affect the preacher’s sermon design as well. We should always tell the story when preaching a narrative text, though we will do more. The purpose of exhortative texts and teaching texts should be reflected in the purpose of the sermon.

"The expository preacher will seek to influence the audience through the use of the rhetorical elements common to persuasion. By definition a sermon is a persuasive speech. The preacher’s aim is to persuade the audience with the truth of his message and what they should do about it. We normally persuade by explaining, illustrating, arguing, and applying. These elements provide a balance for supporting material for sermon ideas and allow the preacher to expose the text meaning for the contemporary audience."

https://factsandtrends.net/2014/01/08/seven-qualities-of-expository-preaching/

I've heard his sermons. He wouldn't be able to organize a sermon so that its structure and rhetoric were harmonious with those of the text he's preaching on if his life depended on it. And yet he doesn't seem to think homework is very well worth doing. 

image.png

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I bet they are at a restaurant or other public space. 

Felicity looks so much older standing up vs being held! She's losing that baby look.

In JerME's instastory, he added @malibufarm, which is a restaurant with locations around the U.S., including at Malibu pier. So I'm pretty sure that's where they were.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've heard his sermons. He wouldn't be able to organize a sermon so that its structure and rhetoric were harmonious with those of the text he's preaching on if his life depended on it. And yet he doesn't seem to think homework is very well worth doing. 

Don't worry.  His example expository preachers at the church don't do it well either.  They do a sort of pretend version.  Heavy on the pretend and sticking to repetitious dogma.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Back when Jer used to talk about, you know, his future career, he often said he was committed to this -- "biblical exegetical expository preaching" .... He enthused about his membership in the Society for Expository Preaching. He said numerous times that this was the only kind of preaching he respected and the only kind that's worthy and the kind he would pursue. He had their little lapel pin --  

And below is what "expository preaching" supposedly requires. I'd love to know how somebody without an undergraduate background in these subjects, who then engages in the  "take it easy, enjoy LA, study at the end of semester and maybe some weeknights but hey I don't need much sleep" approach to grad school .... will still somehow end up as a master of all the following, which every source I've looked at deems required for the expository preacher......

If he'd kept his big mouth shut about what kind of preacher he was going to be, maybe his goings-on would seem a little less questionable. 

"The preacher of expository sermons discovers the meaning of the text through a careful exegetical analysis of the text in all its particulars. The expository preacher comes to the text like a detective to a crime scene. He studies it for every clue to the meaning. The clues in the text are the words of the text writer. We know what he intended to say by what he wrote, but the details can easily be overlooked to the casual observer. The expositor will look carefully at every detail for what it indicates about the writer’s message.

"Expository preaching calls for careful consideration of the contexts in which the text was originally written. Interpreting a text calls for a serious look at the literary context, the chapters and verses before and after the text, as well as the other writing of the author and the entire canon. Beyond that is the historical context of the original writing, including the local culture, politics, economic conditions, and other such factors. The original setting of the text not only shapes the message but takes part in it.

"An expository sermon is organized with due consideration to the structure and genre of the selected passage. Basically the text writer’s treatment of his subject sets the pattern for the preacher’s sermon structure. The type of literature the text represents should affect the preacher’s sermon design as well. We should always tell the story when preaching a narrative text, though we will do more. The purpose of exhortative texts and teaching texts should be reflected in the purpose of the sermon.

"The expository preacher will seek to influence the audience through the use of the rhetorical elements common to persuasion. By definition a sermon is a persuasive speech. The preacher’s aim is to persuade the audience with the truth of his message and what they should do about it. We normally persuade by explaining, illustrating, arguing, and applying. These elements provide a balance for supporting material for sermon ideas and allow the preacher to expose the text meaning for the contemporary audience."

https://factsandtrends.net/2014/01/08/seven-qualities-of-expository-preaching/

image.png

He'll know all these nuances because McArthur will tell him what they are. He also has a fabulous library filled with free books with uncracked spines.

This might actually work for him if he had any personality or charisma, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

Don't worry.  His example expository preachers at the church don't do it well either.  They do a sort of pretend version.  Heavy on the pretend and sticking to repetitious dogma.

Yeah, I figured this'd be true at GCC. Because to actually do it would require a lot of actual work of a kind that spotlight hoggers aren't usually interested in.....

That's another reason why I figure they're going to give him -- and others -- a degree without requiring very much academically. Among other things, anybody who really dug into every biblical text in the way they recommend would probably veer from or at least question their two-bit predictable dogmatic dogma on quite a few occasions. And another of the common raps on MacArthur is that this is the one thing he absolutely does not countenance. No questioning allowed.

Jer's old protestations about how important this is to him still annoy me, though. It was yet more bragging about his magnificence and other people's lack of measuring up. Pretty much everything he ever says boils down to that, it seems. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know the Freshman class size at the seminary? Maybe no one is jealous because Jeremy is the only student. Lol

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how the hanging-fire accreditation is affecting their current enrollment.....There must be somebody who's a bit wary of it......

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

They offhandedly used the expression "fake it til you make it" in reference to being foodies in their Q&A.  I'm pretty sure this is also JerME's attitude when it comes to being a Master's seminary "scholar".   His lack of self-awareness is downright comical.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

His lack of self-awareness is downright comical.

Sure is. I think it's right up their with pomposity as his primary characteristic, too. 

I wonder whether that might trip him up careerwise. Most people may not mind a lousy preacher, but being not just non-empathetic but also non-self-aware to the point of buffoonishness seems as if it could be a handicap when it comes to convincing new people you should be the leader and face of their organization.

Up to this point, he's gotten his appointments because his father begged and his wife is famous. But down the line he may have to apply for some jobs where neither of those things will help. He may have to settle for having a career that's  -- gasp  -- just ordinary! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Love the Malibu pictures of Felicity. She's completely adorable. I wonder if she'll make it to 2 without becoming a big sister. She's how many months past 1 now? I love that she's still in pants. I hope this family slowly eases away from the more hardcore "conservative christian" stance. I have many christian friends and we are able to find common ground without attacking each other. I'd like to see Jinger and Jeremy reach that sort of compromise in their belief system. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

Love the Malibu pictures of Felicity. She's completely adorable. I wonder if she'll make it to 2 without becoming a big sister. She's how many months past 1 now? 

I think she is 13 months? I think Jinger will have a bigger gap between kids mainly due to the fact that they are solo out in california, so there is no dropping off the crazy toddlers at TTH, even if it is just for an hour or two. No Jana, Johnanna, or Jwhoever to help. She (and presumably Jeremy ) are doing 100% of the parenting and Toddlers are GREAT birth control. I have a 14 month old and I swear she runs me ragged and I have no idea how anyone handles Irish twins. I would die. And I have a very helpful husband, and 2 sets of in laws always willing to lend a hand. If I was alone in a state where I didn't quite know anyone well enough to babysit,  I would probably have a ten year gap haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

JerME did an Instastory- Jinger took him to the Hollywood Bowl tonight to see/hear Mozart Under the Stars. They’re in their seats, awaiting the show. Jer is thrilled to be there. 

Earlier today, Jinger created an Instastory tribute to JerME in honor of his birthday- lots of photos of him set to music. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

JerME did an Instastory- Jinger took him to the Hollywood Bowl tonight to see/hear Mozart Under the Stars. They’re in their seats, awaiting the show. Jer is thrilled to be there. 

Earlier today, Jinger created an Instastory tribute to JerME in honor of his birthday- lots of photos of him set to music. 

😒😒😒 I. Just. Can’t

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

This would be laughable if it weren't so ridiculously 'them'.  I guess Jing and Jer didn't decide to make a donation to her family's missioncation in the Bahamas instead of spending money on themselves.  Or, more likely, she grifted the tickets and didn't pay for them anyway.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh yay! Another night when he's not studying Greek and Latin. Or anything.

He's just like the Duggars. He knows everything already. No need to learn anything new. His role in life is to look good and tell others how to behave.

Back when the Duggarlings started getting married we sometimes wondered whether some potential spouses would fall for a Duggarling and only find out too late what the whole family was like and stood for. No need to worry. The people attracted to joining the clan are all just like the clan already. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I still don't know whether Derick will be truly successful in law school, but at least we have seen pictures of him studying. Jeremy is just something else.

We've seen pictures of Jeremy 'studying' too.  With the baby in his lap or sitting in his fancy library, of course.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

These two have gotten ridiculous with their materialism, bragging, and using the baby as a prop to further their image.  However, I will give a bit of credit to RFP.  He has managed to exploit his marriage to a Duggar for maximum benefit, while at the same time, pretty much cutting JB and Michelle completely out of their lives.   

Big Daddy Jim Bob must be fuming with every post that shows how far they've gone from Jinger's thrift store shopping, Daddy is the headship roots!!! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 16

I was actually impressed by the choice of song for Jinger's birthday port for Jeremy.  Not a hymn or anthem by a Christian artist, but an interesting song called Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua, a Georgian-British singer-songwriter.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, Oldernowiser said:

’m kinda embarrassed for all of them but especially Mahoney, because he’s a forty-something hanging out with the twenty-something cool kids who aren’t even cool...or even cool-adjacent.

Sad.

“I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me!”

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

These two have gotten ridiculous with their materialism, bragging, and using the baby as a prop to further their image.  However, I will give a bit of credit to RFP.  He has managed to exploit his marriage to a Duggar for maximum benefit, while at the same time, pretty much cutting JB and Michelle completely out of their lives.   

Big Daddy Jim Bob must be fuming with every post that shows how far they've gone from Jinger's thrift store shopping, Daddy is the headship roots!!! 

If I’m JimBob, I’m just sitting back waiting for RFP to crash and burn and Jinger to come crawling back for $$$. The endless freebies don’t last forever and the next prop might not be as cute.

Or it’s also quite possible he’s got a list of kids he’ll still help and those he won’t and Jinger has now joined that list with Jill.

Or at this point the religious veneer has worn off his grift core completely and he’s proud of Jinger for continuing the family tradition of exploiting your crotch fruit for handouts.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If I’m JimBob, I’m just sitting back waiting for RFP to crash and burn and Jinger to come crawling back for $$$. The endless freebies don’t last forever and the next prop might not be as cute.

Or it’s also quite possible he’s got a list of kids he’ll still help and those he won’t and Jinger has now joined that list with Jill.

Or at this point the religious veneer has worn off his grift core completely and he’s proud of Jinger for continuing the family tradition of exploiting your crotch fruit for handouts.

Crotch fruit 😂

• LOL 6
44 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Crotch fruit 😂

5 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I'm cracking up at "Big Daddy Jim Bob" 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I think this is part of what he thinks, but I also think he expects/expected his adult married children to continue contributing to the main Duggar pot so he and Michelle can continue to take kidless vacation and live better than their kids.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jingle will always be helped. Remember, she was a victim of Josh, and likely knows a lot of shit. God knows what can come out of her mouth should she need a few quick bucks. It is ultimate way to blackmail Jim Bob. Some random howler monkey, on the other hand, will likely wind up living in a cardboard box

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jingle will always be helped. Remember, she was a victim of Josh, and likely knows a lot of shit. God knows what can come out of her mouth should she need a few quick bucks. It is ultimate way to blackmail Jim Bob. Some random howler monkey, on the other hand, will likely wind up living in a cardboard box

Most definitely. I don't know if Jill or Jinger have the moxy to play hardball with Boob, but their husbands certainly do. Jinger worships Jeremy to an extent that puts the Manson girls to shame. He could easily convince her to do a tell-all if they were desperate for cash. Ditto for Derelict. It's in Boob's best interests to keep them happy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Most definitely. I don't know if Jill or Jinger have the moxy to play hardball with Boob, but their husbands certainly do. Jinger worships Jeremy to an extent that puts the Manson girls to shame. He could easily convince her to do a tell-all if they were desperate for cash. Ditto for Derelict. It's in Boob's best interests to keep them happy.

I’m thinking Jessa Is smart enough to realize this on her own. I think instead of money though, she would much much much rather just be her Royal highness of the house next to the dump.  Having a little money, but having to live in the real world, and not being able to be a bitch to everyone is probably not as appealing a life to her. Jingle, on the other hand has the great wide world of LA to be chewed up and spit out by. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Was Beau with them or did a babysitter miraculously appear in their perfect lives?

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I’m thinking Jessa Is smart enough to realize this on her own. I think instead of money though, she would much much much rather just be her Royal highness of the house next to the dump.  Having a little money, but having to live in the real world, and not being able to be a bitch to everyone is probably not as appealing a life to her. Jingle, on the other hand has the great wide world of LA to be chewed up and spit out by. 

HRH Jessa is too lazy to care.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I haven't followed the Duggars for the past week or so.  I log back on and surprise, surprise, they are STILL doing an Instagram tour of California. Fancy Pants & Pantress are still out there posting foolish things. 

The fucking food, the selfies, the coffee, the clothes and Felicity shoved in the middle of it all. 

They are both appear so shallow and self involved.  I would fucking run from a  minister like Jeremy 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21