Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SMama said:

Enough with the hand under the bump. We know you are fulfilling your brood mare destiny. 

Okay, hand on top of bump, trite, tedious but fine. Whatever.

Hand waaay under the bump? Either she desperately needs to pee or she’s...entertaining...herself.

Yawn to the whole thing.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Lissy is all Vuolo, Grandma Vuolo to be precise. Jeremy must be panicking about the cute gap on her upper teeth. Probably googling toddler orthodontics as I type this.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yeah. JIngle's "annoyed at photographers" all right. ."Thanks, Us Weekly!" If you don't like photographers, what the hell are you thanking Us Weekly for? You guys are really bad at pretending to be publicity shy. 

Not to mention it's totally pathetic to say thank you to two-bit Us Weekly for tossing your pregnancy pictures into the endless ravening maw that is their website.

Getting your photos there won't do you one iota of good when it comes to increasing your fame, income, celebrity cred or hireability. Although it will send a thrill up the legs of a few pregnancy fetishists out in the hinterlands, I suppose.  So there's that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think we need a ? emoji. Is he being funny or sarcastic?  I am not throwing ANY shade on her artwork because it's a lot better than I can do. What an odd comment. 

I think he aspires to always be posting and saying stuff to his (read: Jinger's) many followers and the public that's brilliant or witty or warm and wise and on point to the moment. After all, he's a teevee personality, a rising big-time preacher and an aspiring youtube star and/or influencer.  Those "careers" and goals seem to call for constantly demonstrating your chops to a big audience and staying top of mind with everyone, I suppose.

But, like most of us, he doesn't actually have anything to say most of the time and often can't think of anything brilliant or witty. So he posts the best facsimile he can come up with. And that's often very unclear in its meaning and intent....Or a miss. And sometimes a miss that may reveal something unfortunate like -- Is that some kind of weird disdain for JIngle you've got going on there, Jer? Are you making her the butt of some dumb joke? Are those doodles actually yours and not JIngle's? Or what? 

The solution would be not to post unless he really does have something worthwhile or genuinely funny (bonus points for self-deprecating...) to say to the world at large. But given his ambitions and plans, I'd guess he doesn't  see that as an option. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

At least he didn't try to pass it off as PublciTee's artwork.  I really can't see how this isn't a slam.

I can’t draw a stick figure, my mother can doodle like this and I always genuinely compliment her skill. I don’t think it’s a dig, he may be impressed with her skill bc compared to my lack of talent those doodles are remarkable. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I can’t draw a stick figure, my mother can doodle like this and I always genuinely compliment her skill. I don’t think it’s a dig, he may be impressed with her skill bc compared to my lack of talent those doodles are remarkable. 

I agree that it's absolutely hard to make recognizable doodles, and it's especially hard--really hard-- with big fat markers like this. So if Jer realizes that, then I agree it may be a compliment instead of a joke.

The way he puts it, though -- saying "remarkable artist," which could mean a lot of things that are not all complimentary, and pointing to this as the moment when he discovered Jinge's artistry when we know he's seen it before, such as in the fruit and vegetable chalk drawings she did to illustrate her pregnancy process with Felicity -- leaves open the possibility that it's a joke or teasing instead.

So this could be an example of one of his posts that are so unclear you don't know what he's driving at. And it's pretty easy to remedy that. If he's impressed with the doodles, he could easily have said -- "Felicity loves seeing her mom draw these funny colorful figures. I can't even draw a stick man! Love seeing them enjoy drawing together!" .... Or something. 

Among many things he doesn't get about his attempt to earn money by speaking to the public is how easy it is to be misread when you publish your writing to the world. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"Felicity loves seeing her mom draw these funny colorful figures. I can't even draw a stick man! Love seeing them enjoy drawing together!"

If at any point he'd expressed a sense of genuine like for the drawings, it wouldn't read anywhere near as catty. Maybe if he said the line out loud and we could hear his tone, it might not sound as assholish, but yeah just reading the words, it seems mean or, at the very least, a backhanded compliment. 

"Nice stick drawings, wifey. Have you seen my Rembrandt pocket square lately? No stick drawings for my pal Rembrandt! But you keep doing what you're doing with the markers, babe." 

• Love 13

Jeremy is worse than Dereck. 

Did Jinger ever post best hubby ever story? Like Jer doing something nice for her like rubbing her feet or making her tea?

I am drawing a blank.

Jill definitely posts plenty of best hubby ever stories.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So this could be an example of one of his posts that are so unclear you don't know what he's driving at. And it's pretty easy to remedy that. If he's impressed with the doodles, he could easily have said -- "Felicity loves seeing her mom draw these funny colorful figures. I can't even draw a stick man! Love seeing them enjoy drawing together!" .... Or something. 

Exactly!  He could have just said "I love seeing my wife's creative doodles!"

• Love 14

I'm still guessing Rosemary Charlotte as a name for the new baby. If you would like to guess too, people can start guessing names and dates.  I'll keep track of the guesses and if anyone gets it, I'll announce the winner.

Jinger is due Nov. 19 so she's getting close. 

(Part of this is intended to be a distraction from the world.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm still guessing Rosemary Charlotte as a name for the new baby. If you would like to guess too, people can start guessing names and dates.  I'll keep track of the guesses and if anyone gets it, I'll announce the winner.

I’m guessing Gianna for her first name. It is a derivative of John so they can suck up to MacArthur, plus being in LA, there’s the Kobe connection. 

However, there may be a lot of future Giannas in LA/California and the Duggars like to be different so my second guess is Cady for Jerm’s man crush. 

So Gianna Cady or Cady Gianna are my not so serious, but you never know, guesses. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Matilda Hazel. I was first picking Adelaide, but that's too close to Addison.

Matilda Hazel, 11/11, 7lbs 7 oz, 19". Nickname - Tillie.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Hope Diana or Diana hope 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think her name will include Hope. First, middle, it will be there.

36235BE4-28E2-4737-8B1C-C784D54C1A84.jpeg

With all these guesses, I do see Hope as a strong contender for a middle name...and if she goes for a multi-syllable, slightly unusual first name, this child could well end up named for my daughter...Anything but that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, Zahdii said:

Dear me, how will Jeremy play this out?

"Oh yes, I understand now.  Jinger and I both grew up with real Christmas trees, so I didn't consider other options.  As we live in sunny California right now while I'm studying and working for Master's Seminary, we can certainly get a real tree and keep it alive during the Christmas season.  The Bible never mentions plastic trees, so we're definitely avoiding that!

I understand if you need an extra boost to your spirits during these trying times, but is a plastic monstrosity really the way to go?  If you really want a tree that will last over several weeks, perhaps you could consider a living tree that is grown in a pot and can be planted after Christmas in another location.  

(Unspoken thought)  I need to check this out.  I could have a potted tree, and get more points from my followers for taking it out later on and planting it in the woods.  We've had fires, surely the Devil's work and not climate change, but the forest needs to recover.  Makes me look good.

I could take the family out and take pictures of me doing our bit to replant!  I could dress like a stylish lumberjack!  I could wear a flannel shirt that matches my eyes, jeans, and hiking boots!  I'd look so manly!  Have Jinger and the props wear matching outfits.  Take a Bible, Jinger could take a shot of me praying over the tree.  Should I go with selfies or a photographer?

Maybe have someone tag along to take a video?  If I did that, I could look somber and talk to the camera about the horrible devastation and lives lost.  Were they saved?  We'll never know, but we're praying for them.  For those left behind, we're doing our part to repair the damage by planting a tree as a visible reminder that we at Grace Community Church are ready to help you.  Join us, let us save you.  Masks not required, but bring your checkbook."

A seminary student thinks the tradition of Christmas trees is biblical?

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm still guessing Rosemary Charlotte as a name for the new baby. If you would like to guess too, people can start guessing names and dates.  

Ivanka Hope

Cady McArthuria

Amyconey Barretta

November 11, because we support our Veterans.

Edited by sheshark
Birthdate
  • LOL 18
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy should wash his hair more often. 

He probably does wash it every day. Just puts tons of styling shit in it every day. 

Hope Faith 

Faith Hope 

Nov 11. 7lbs 2oz.

• Love 5