Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Portia said:

Does Prop ever interact with her parents in a meaningful way? She always seems to be staring into the middle distance.

I’m sure she does, but I suspect she’s a bright enough child to sense the difference when she’s being displayed for the camera versus when it’s actually life. 

ETA: Is it just me or does she look like she’s just been crying or is about to?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Portia said:

Felicity takes a deep drag from her cigarette and sighs. "I've seen some shit, man." 

"Rembrandt pocket squares. Trendy doughnut shops that rejected my bigoted parents. The face my dad makes when he eats trendy doughnuts. You just had to be there, man. Oh wait you were because Daddy posted it all on Instagram." 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

What utter crap.

Actually this is one of the best photos I've seen of Jeremy in long time. I can't tell why. I assume he's posing as usual, but it looks more natural. 

Felicity looks good too. Kids that age have short attention spans. It makes sense that sometimes she's distracted and looking away a lot of the time. I'm glad they haven't trained her to smile on command. Yet.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Actually this is one of the best photos I've seen of Jeremy in long time. I can't tell why. I assume he's posing as usual, but it looks more natural. 

Felicity looks good too. Kids that age have short attention spans. It makes sense that sometimes she's distracted and looking away a lot of the time. I'm glad they haven't trained her to smile on command. Yet.

Yes I actually like this photo, they both look good. I’m not sure why they’re sitting in the dark though, do they have something against light? Also I’m gonna ignore the writing underneath wrestling with his kid as if! We’d know he’d done that if he posted it.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Look on the bright side. Could be 1/18th. Good chance Jill and Derick won't be in the will. 😈

Josh will be in there at least twice. 

14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jer played some in the pre-season for the Red Bulls, and apparently enjoyed some success. But by the time the season started, they'd drafted another young guy to also compete to be the first-teamer. As a drafted player, that guy got the first starts once the season began, and he won the spot and kept it.

And this seems to have been Jer's last play in that preseason.  This against Real Salt Lake. .... It was an unfortunate moment to have a miss -- that led to a team loss. 

"With nothing much doing in the opening half, it was Wingert's unexpected goal in the 28th minute that breathed life into the contest. After receiving a quick square ball from Ned Grabavoy 30 yards from goal, Wingert cut back, and with plenty of space, unleashed a right-footed blast that caught Red Bulls goalkeeper Jeremy Vuolo off guard."

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2012/3/4/20397515/rsl-downs-red-bulls-in-consolation-game

As someone who was born in one of the top European soccer countries  I don't consider playing in the US soccer league successful. Neither is playing in Finland. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I know it's not popular to say good things about this couple, but if you see their stories, you'd see that Felicity is being allowed to be a normal toddler. She's alllll over the place. She runs, dances, jumps, plays with stuff AND "gasp" other kids! There's a fan page that has a ton of pictures and videos that aren't posted in this thread. I'm not good with linking but it's easy enough to find. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

I know it's not popular to say good things about this couple, but if you see their stories, you'd see that Felicity is being allowed to be a normal toddler. She's alllll over the place. She runs, dances, jumps, plays with stuff AND "gasp" other kids! There's a fan page that has a ton of pictures and videos that aren't posted in this thread. I'm not good with linking but it's easy enough to find. 

She's 'allowed' to be a normal toddler whose every move is photographed and posted to social media.  Not many toddlers have a fan page devoted to them, either.

11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think the dim lighting works in his favor.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Unless she’s sleeping or sedated, how is it possible to get any work done with a toddler on your lap?

If my granddaughter is anything to go by, screen time is absolutely mesmerizing, whether or not there is anything in particular going on, so she may very well just be sitting there practically sedated just by being in front of the screen. Which is actually also a good argument against letting them have any real screen time in the first couple of years of their life (GrandJyn has had very little thus far - she still thinks the only reason for the TV is to watch football). As to the comment on the previous page about her looking as though she might have just been crying, most toddlers that age cry pretty frequently, often about practically nothing, so he may well have just taken her into his lap to placate her. 

I can't find a lot to critique in that photo, to be honest. It is one of the better ones of Jerm, probably because he is not looking into the camera with some ridiculous affectation or sinking his rabbit teeth into some sort of gloppy burger. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

Yes I actually like this photo, they both look good. I’m not sure why they’re sitting in the dark though, do they have something against light?=

Maybe Jer's figured out the same thing a lot of us have -- We look much better in the dark. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

She's 'allowed' to be a normal toddler whose every move is photographed and posted to social media.  Not many toddlers have a fan page devoted to them, either.

The fan page is for her parents. On the picture thing, it is what is. These two are millennials and posting/sharing your entire life via social media is what they do. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I keep hearing how all millenials do this.  Except they really don't.  Most millenials who I know post stuff on social media that is limited to family and friends; they don't post to millions of followers who they've never met and never will.  Jinger and Jer choose NOT to limit their daughter's public profile by slapping pictures and videos up on a very public account followed by anyone and everyone.  And they surely are aware that those very public pictures are shared here and other places by people who are not exactly fans of theirs.  They treat her like an accessory, a designer handbag, a fancy donut; something to draw likes to their pages.

Not to mention pedophiles. No way there aren't numerous people out there with fetish collections of Felicity and Spurge, especially, based on the many many many pictures over the past few years in which each has looked like a model posed to highlight their cuteness.

Now I realize nobody can actually prevent that from happening with kids' pictures. But Jessa and Jingle/Jer have created veritable scrapbooks of those two kids that, to more than a few pedophiles, probably seem like one of the best gifts they ever got, and they're eagerly awaiting the coming installments that are virtually guaranteed.

For one thing, these schooled-at-home kids will always be around for mom and dad to take those photos. And their parents are always going to be looking for ways to get public attention, most likely, since they believe their lifestyles depend on that. 

I think it's a good idea to at least try to limit the extent to which your kids are viewable as fetish objects. And I realize these guys are doing this only because they're dumb-asses and don't know better. But I wonder if any of them ever ask themselves why pretty many celebrities limit the photos they post of their children. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I’m sure the thousand yard stare is because mommy is screeching at her to look at the camera. 

I love how Jeremy remembered he’s a sports star, and expensive shoes just started appearing. I guess the agent really is busy. 

• Love 11

🙄

37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy's photographer friend posted these on his account 

Guessing the influencers are aiming these photos at those "unicorns" @satrunrose mentioned? Because otherwise, why? ....

But I don't really see how the Jordans go with the bow ties and the pocket squares......

At least I assume this is an influencer thing. But if it is, again, the product selection and the "messages" are all over the map. I can't imagine that anybody is telling them that works....

Or maybe they're just excited about their expensive shoes, I suppose....but who knows?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

If my granddaughter is anything to go by, screen time is absolutely mesmerizing, whether or not there is anything in particular going on, so she may very well just be sitting there practically sedated just by being in front of the screen. Which is actually also a good argument against letting them have any real screen time in the first couple of years of their life (GrandJyn has had very little thus far - she still thinks the only reason for the TV is to watch football). As to the comment on the previous page about her looking as though she might have just been crying, most toddlers that age cry pretty frequently, often about practically nothing, so he may well have just taken her into his lap to placate her. 

I can't find a lot to critique in that photo, to be honest. It is one of the better ones of Jerm, probably because he is not looking into the camera with some ridiculous affectation or sinking his rabbit teeth into some sort of gloppy burger. 

Jeremy made an IG story a few months ago.  He was in a room  with the door closed, and Felicity couldn’t get to him.  Omg, she threw a conniption fit!  She was screaming and crying, wanting to be in the room with her daddy.  Maybe she had been crying because she couldn’t be with Jeremy, and Jinger put her in his lap to placate her.  She’s definitely a daddy’s girl.

• Useful 7
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just googled the men's, and the range I got was about $135-200.

More than Jingle’s parents ever spent on her shoes for her entire life prior to meeting Jeremy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Jinger has married a full-fledged narcissist, and again I ask, WTH are they coming up with the money for Jeremy’s shopping addiction???? 🤔

Edited by farmgal4
Mistake
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, Tasya said:

The fan page is for her parents. On the picture thing, it is what is. These two are millennials and posting/sharing your entire life via social media is what they do. 

Not everyone puts dozens of picture of their very young kids out there for millions of complete strangers. Most people know there are privacy and safety concerns there.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Not to mention pedophiles. No way there aren't numerous people out there with fetish collections of Felicity and Spurge, especially, based on the many many many pictures over the past few years in which each has looked like a model posed to highlight their cuteness.

Now I realize nobody can actually prevent that from happening with kids' pictures. But Jessa and Jingle/Jer have created veritable scrapbooks of those two kids that, to more than a few pedophiles, probably seem like one of the best gifts they ever got, and they're eagerly awaiting the coming installments that are virtually guaranteed.

For one thing, these schooled-at-home kids will always be around for mom and dad to take those photos. And their parents are always going to be looking for ways to get public attention, most likely, since they believe their lifestyles depend on that. 

I think it's a good idea to at least try to limit the extent to which your kids are viewable as fetish objects. And I realize these guys are doing this only because they're dumb-asses and don't know better. But I wonder if any of them ever ask themselves why pretty many celebrities limit the photos they post of their children. 

Exactly. They are incredibly foolish not to realize the danger in sharing with millions of strangers. SMDH.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

He did!  I noticed them when he was squatting down doing something, and his pants hiked up.

Faux pas!

I mean, if you were getting married to someone like Lauren would you particularly give a shit about white socks you were wearing? He probably should’ve put a nice white handkerchief in his suit so hedidn’t have to wipe his mouth on his hand after they kissed the first time. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to link the posting of imprurient media of babies/toddlers on social media to the stoking of paedophile perversions. What Jinger and Jessa post is the same stuff that a million other people post. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 12

Seriously, I'm picturing Jeremy and Jinger walking the mall, and noticing that men's shop with the white table and white and black rug.  They run home and excitedly redress Felicity in black and white, including her shoes, and race back for the color coordinated photo op.  I'm so sure I'm right about this!

ETA they even made sure her red hair bow matched the red table leg!

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to link the posting of imprurient media of babies/toddlers on social media to the stoking of paedophile perversions. What Jinger and Jessa post is the same stuff that a million other people post. 

I think the point is more even if it is completely innocuous, that doesn't stop pedophiles because they can and do grab innocent images they doctor up and they can and do stalk children based on information found online. Lots of internet safety sites urge everyday, normal people to not post pictures and identifying information about their children publicly. So, I would say the same thing to the millions of other people who post this stuff and not just single out Jessa and Jinger. There are some really sick people out there, and the Duggar kids, I think, are very sheltered about it. They seem to think people posting rude comments of them is the height of internet cruelty, but that's a picnic compared to stuff on the darker parts of the internet. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 12

there are a bunch of great articles online about how pedophiles use social media pics of kids.

kids in tutus, kids in costumes, highly prized are kids in a bathing suit or bathtub.

all they while the know your kid's name, what activities they like, parents name, pets they have,  where they live etc

• Love 9