Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

My apologies to everyone here. My post was taken down because apparently it was taken as I was criticizing  other posters and being political? Anyway,  my sincere apologies to those I offended. I'm out.

I got an infraction for something I quoted from Instagram. Don’t take it personally. and a few of my posts got deleted too. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

My apologies to everyone here. My post was taken down because apparently it was taken as I was criticizing  other posters and being political? Anyway,  my sincere apologies to those I offended. I'm out.

Well, I certainly didn't take it that way. Seems to me you provided one of several reasonable points of view that somebody could take about what was going on. I appreciate what you brought to the conversation. 

• Love 17

@Annb67, no reason to leave! Don't take it personally, the Mods have to manage a lot of rules and posts. We all mistakenly/unknowingly veer from the rules and they rein us back in. Imagine the chaos without them.

I'm not sure what post was removed, so I'm guessing I wasn't offended by it.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
I didn't realize how short Jinger's hair is.

Shhhhh....don't tell Lolli. JB will make Jing do an episode about it and force her to cry (for ratings).

Her haircut is really nice. So is Jill's.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 17

The fact is that we don't know what if any opinions Jinger has arrived at for herself.  The things she has changed from the Duggar way are superficial things that are likely encouraged by Jeremy.  I very much doubt that Jeremy is forcing any of that on her.  She had indicated a desire to live in a city and I think the unspoken included all that implies.

Nothing in Jingers' life has allowed her to think for herself, much less encouraged her to do so.  I think it takes a higher intellect and a spark of independence in personality to rethink the results of a lifetime of suppression.  Put bluntly, I think Jinger is not as dumb as Jill, but has not shown any indication of independent thought.

I think a lot of people writing on this thread hope for Jinger to break free, but what would that look like as long as she is married to Jeremy?

Some time ago I wrote that J & J's lifestyle was not sustainable long term.  It appears to me that things are unraveling sooner than I expected.  Their careers as influencers can't be paying big bucks.  There is some desperation showing.

I have some mixed feelings about Jinger's situation.  I do feel a little sorry for Jinger because I don't think she is capable of taking control of anything that is happening to her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I'd say from the outside looking in, Jinger has managed to keep it together throughout all the changes in her life.

In less than three years she went from a never-been-alone virgin to a wife and mother, moved two times and shed some Gothard fashion styles.

I would hazard to guess that Jessa wouldn't have fared so well and would have moved back home after she had her first kid.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I would hazard to guess that Jessa wouldn't have fared so well and would have moved back home after she had her first kid.

Jessa has a streak of awareness and self-preservation most of the brood doesn’t. She’s just smart enough to know that big fish in little pond > minuscule fish in enormous pond.

I keep wondering when Jinger is going to figure out just how invisible she and RFP really are.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jessa has a streak of awareness and self-preservation most of the brood doesn’t. She’s just smart enough to know that big fish in little pond > minuscule fish in enormous pond.

I keep wondering when Jinger is going to figure out just how invisible she and RFP really are.

She'll have to think her way past RFP's insistence that they're breakout stars. And I wonder whether that's something she could actually do at this point, this early in her headship-based marriage and in her big move away from home...

I also wonder whether RFP's as delusional as some of his presentation suggests -- like the breakout star thing -- or whether he realizes what a long shot the quest for profitable fame is so he's mainly whistling past the graveyard at this point. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

What's going to happen to the breakout stars when the show goes off the air and everyone forgets all about them. I don't think JereMe is going to like that. 

These two are probably already angling for their own show. Probably have TLC on speed dial to pitch their ideas on a daily basis. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Namaste said:

These two are probably already angling for their own show. Probably have TLC on speed dial to pitch their ideas on a daily basis. 

Good thing they're the only ones in the world doing that! 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Well Jeremy was making googly eyes at son of McArthur. 

Jeremy eye-bangs anyone who's gonna give him a dollar. Or free housing. Or pocket squares. 😉 

• LOL 23
7 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I hate that I think that photo is adorable and Jinger looks beautiful and happy.

I don't think that's any cause for self-doubt! She does look beautiful and happy. And it is a cute picture. 

I think Jer is almost certainly a massive sexist at this point. And, to me, that limits the kind and extent of actual worthwhile love a guy can have toward women in his life. But Jingle grew up fully believing that sexist views on the part of men are God's sign that they're good men. So obviously she has no reason to imagine that her husband's views of women's potential are limiting for her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Ugh. These two make me sick.

If Jinger "wants" to be an influencer or a semi-influencer, why does she not do something within the photography world? That would be believable at least. Her clown make-up, stupid baking pictures, skin care products or whatever the hell she "sells" are just not believable.

I am guessing because her poser husband does not "want" her to pick her own interest and use that to her benefit.

And, I am sticking to that.

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Ugh. These two make me sick.

If Jinger "wants" to be an influencer or a semi-influencer, why does she not do something within the photography world? That would be believable at least. Her clown make-up, stupid baking pictures, skin care products or whatever the hell she "sells" are just not believable.

I am guessing because her poser husband does not "want" her to pick her own interest and use that to her benefit.

And, I am sticking to that.

If she were doing the photography and featuring it, it would be a nice change of pace and seem less try-hard. She could frame it as, "Look at all the cool stuff in California I get to take pics of!" I'd rather see that than "spontaneous couple pictures obviously taken by a third party because that's not fucking weird at all" and "Famewhore wants free food photo op."

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

If she were doing the photography and featuring it, it would be a nice change of pace and seem less try-hard. She could frame it as, "Look at all the cool stuff in California I get to take pics of!" I'd rather see that than "spontaneous couple pictures obviously taken by a third party because that's not fucking weird at all" and "Famewhore wants free food photo op."

Yes, exactly !! They are try-hard. I think that's what irks me the most. Be yourself, and the rest will come naturally.

But these two- Oy!

• Love 13
On 2/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, Annb67 said:

Please don’t leave us!

• Love 3

So where the hell is Jinger during that “interview”?

I am completely mystified as to what either one of them has to say on camera, especially since RFP is keeping his Chockful O’Hatred religious training way on the down low.

”Los Angeles sure is big.”

”Los Angeles sure is different than Arkansas.”

”Lissy sure is growing up fast.”

”Nice weather.”

”No I don’t miss my family.”

Seriously....what else? They are vapid. Also vacuous. Also venal, at least Jer is. I still believe Jinger is just that clueless.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200219-125646_Instagram.thumb.jpg.00ee4b636be860b22ac40765041c5042.jpg

Looked up the guy out of curiosity and this came up. All for show, no way in hell would he actually let those two idiots deliver his baby.

Screenshot_20200219-131109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a6e9d45b072172705aae483324e1dc3.jpg

Kate Gosselin frequently used the term family to describe the film crew.  No, there is real family.  And there are people who work for an exploitative production company and network.

• Love 9

I thought she gave birth at a hospital in China. I thought I saw at least a picture of her at the hospital. I’m sure other posters know more about this than I do. They are crazy if they allowed those ignorant teens to help deliver the baby. To be fair, a Duggar within a 1,000 mile radius of an incident is “helping” in their minds.

Edited by SMama
Radius and ratio are not the same.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought she gave birth at a hospital in China. I thought I saw at least a picture of her at the hospital. I’m sure other posters know more about this than I do. They are crazy if they allowed those ignorant teens to help deliver the baby. To be fair, a Duggar within a 1,000 mile ratio of an incident is “helping” in their minds.

Yes, you remember correctly. She gave birth at a hospital. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

She did.  Jill really didn't do much of anything except stay with her until they they told her to leave.

I wonder how you say “take your play bag of fake medical crap and get the eff out and stay out” in Mandarin...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We haven't seen a full length photo of Jinger and Joy. I'm guessing a May/June delivery for Joy and July/August for Jinger.

We've seen a full length pic of Jinger not that long ago. Definitely not pregnant. I saw Joy yesterday on Carlin's story from the side (she was at the stove). Hard to tell with her because she was wearing an ugly schmatta. She starts showing right away, so something may be up there.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If Jinger were pregnant, RFP would have been pawing her abdomen in that Valentine’s Day photo...unless they’re completely bypassing what is possibly the most sacred of all Duggar traditions.

It looked to me that they were hiding Jinger's midsection in that photo. Jeremy would keep it a secret if he thought it would make better ratings.

• Love 6

As far as viewing the filming crew as "family", I think in the case of the Duggars it may actually not be far from the truth. We've seen how detached Michelle has been pretty much the entire series; Jim Bob checks in once in a while; the elder girls have to look after the younger ones, but they're also kind of brought up to view each other as a potential snitch and enemy. That doesn't foster a lot of warmth and caring. Some of the film crew have been around, what, fifteen years or so? That's a signficant time- several of the youngest Duggar offspring don't even know what life was like before the show... these camerapeople have been there since their birth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So where the hell is Jinger during that “interview”?

I am completely mystified as to what either one of them has to say on camera, especially since RFP is keeping his Chockful O’Hatred religious training way on the down low.

”Los Angeles sure is big.”

”Los Angeles sure is different than Arkansas.”

”Lissy sure is growing up fast.”

”Nice weather.”

”No I don’t miss my family.”

Seriously....what else? They are vapid. Also vacuous. Also venal, at least Jer is. I still believe Jinger is just that clueless.

"I love blueberry Earl Gray doughnuts! I mean--I did when I had my endorsement--now I don't eat doughnuts. I just like ice cream. . . .  Do you think Ben and Jerry's will give me a marketing deal? Or maybe they'll give Jinger one about ginger-flavored ice cream? That's witty, don't you think? No? You don't think they'd affiliate with us? Rats. Do you like my pocket squares? I don't eat them, but they're pretty much my favorite thing ever. . . . Kanye's my special celebrity friend. I mean, I don't really know him, but I feel like we have a lot in common. School? What are you--? Oh yeah that school. It's going. Did we talk about my pocket squares yet?" 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2020 at 7:50 PM, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, some mainstream music ... and Cade.

well, maybe they’ll inadvertently hear some other Ben Folds songs and go full on rage and bitterness and beauty and cleverness. And a fair amount of swearing.

one can hope. Ben Folds is awesome but his songs definitely span a wide range from lovely and tender to angry and bitter.

• LOL 1