Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

From Jeremy:  "There’s just something I love about having bags packed, ready to travel and explore...even if it’s simply heading east to visit family. It’s a big world with much to be discovered."  I wish a huge part of his discovery would be that he doesn't know everything and he and his MacArthur type associates have no right to make decisions affecting the lives of any other person.  Just shop and eat and leave the wrong type Christians (according to them), LGBTQ people alone.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

From what I’ve read, basically every instagrammer who shills makeup is “problematic”. 

In what ways? (I'm rather innocent of all knowledge if Instagram makeup shillers since I don't use makeup.) Just trying to figure out if they're problematic in the same way Jinger is or not. 

4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

LOL

It must really chap his ass that he can't have a fashion account where he posts his daily outfits.

This is the first picture I've see of him showing off his outfit without ProperTee. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

They don't have the easiest contact page to navigate us. It's very order-driven, which makes sense but makes it hard to figure out where one would register a complaint not regarding an order. https://row.iconiclondoninc.com/pages/contact-us

Maybe tagging their Instagram account or commenting there would be the best bet? 

https://www.instagram.com/iconic.london/?hl=en

Here's the head of influencer marketing at Iconic.....https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-shannon-342aa8130/?originalSubdomain=uk

Maybe they're just extremely eager to get more customers in the States, so they're throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks? 

Interesting. They launched this company via Instagram....

ICONIC London was launched via Instagram and attracted purchases from influencers like thee Kardashians, Jennifer Lopez and Meghan Markle, the brand says. In three years, it has attracted over 800k global followers. ... The brand is the number one brand in Harvey Nichol's Self-Select area.Jul 19, 2018

Blue Gem acquires Instagram startup beauty player ICONIC ...

Jade Elliott, the founder, says she "started it in my bedroom." And it looks like they've only been in the US market for a little over a year. 

https://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Article/2018/07/19/Blue-Gem-acquires-Instagram-startup-beauty-player-ICONIC-London

That would make Jade Elliott Jeremy's role model, I'd guess. Jer, Jingle needs some acting lessons if she's going to pull anything like that off. You're in LA, guy. There are acting classes on every corner. Get her some. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Here's the head of influencer marketing at Iconic.....https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-shannon-342aa8130/?originalSubdomain=uk

Maybe they're just extremely eager to get more customers in the States, so they're throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks? 

Interesting. They launched this company via Instagram....

ICONIC London was launched via Instagram and attracted purchases from influencers like thee Kardashians, Jennifer Lopez and Meghan Markle, the brand says. In three years, it has attracted over 800k global followers. ... The brand is the number one brand in Harvey Nichol's Self-Select area.Jul 19, 2018

Blue Gem acquires Instagram startup beauty player ICONIC ...

Jade Elliott, the founder, says she "started it in my bedroom." And it looks like they've only been in the US market for a little over a year. 

https://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Article/2018/07/19/Blue-Gem-acquires-Instagram-startup-beauty-player-ICONIC-London

That would make Jade Elliott Jeremy's role model, I'd guess. Jer, Jingle needs some acting lessons if she's going to pull anything like that off. You're in LA, guy. There are acting classes on every corner. Get her some. 

That's great! Thank you! I've wondered if them being British means they are especially unaware of who Jinger and Jeremy are.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That photo is NOT in LA. Look at the trees...no leaves...mostly dormant grass.

I can't guarantee yes or no on LA based on that photo.  We do have deciduous trees and a LOT of grass is currently dormant due to the recent cold spell.  Three of my neighbors have bare trees and the four houses across from me have brown, dormant lawns.  Mine is running about 50/50 brown/green.  It is possible that was taken in LA.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4

Apparently, just like with her shilling of the finance app, when Jing linked  to the wrong page on her 'swipe up', she did the same with this blush post.  Without a Crystal Ball said her link took people to a brow product, not the blush.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

Apparently, just like with her shilling of the finance app, when Jing linked  to the wrong page on her 'swipe up', she did the same with this blush post.  Without a Crystal Ball said her link took people to a brow product, not the blush.

It's this 1-2 punch of incompetence that I think really damns Jinger when it comes to influencing. Even if she and her husband (and family) didn't have offensively bigoted beliefs, she's just not good at this kind of work. It's not like a business who partners with her can rationalize that she does such an amazing job that she is worth keeping around, despite whatever bad PR she generates for her beliefs. Linking to the wrong post and posting such crappy ads is reason enough to not use her before you even factor in the publicity baggage. Why waste your time on her when there are other people who can at least sell your product more competently, even if they also are a dumpster fire of a person in other ways? Likewise, why waste your time on someone who has a pristine public image but is absolute shit at selling products?

3 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

How many products is Jinger actually now representing?

I don't follow her, but from what I see her she sure bounces around a lot of products.

I get the impression they have a strategy of "let's throw the spaghetti to the wall and see if it sticks," and I am not sure they keep any of their potential clients for very long, so there's no telling how many she currently represents. I would bet money she never does another ad for that financial app again, and it seems like Iconic London has gone the way of Fonuts and the Scientology purser. So, that might put them back to a current count of 0. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That photo is NOT in LA. Look at the trees...no leaves...mostly dormant grass.

I don’t get why these chucklefucks have to lie about the tiniest, least relevant things. It’s bizarre.

Maybe he was just thinking about how much he likes to travel to places, no matter where. And he decided to write that down and put an appropriate don't-I-look-like-a-model-please-call-me-LA-agencies photo with it? He doesn't actually say where he is or that he's going anywhere. He's just making an observation about his likes...Maybe he figures that's a more interesting thought than anything related to what he's actually doing today.....😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe he was just thinking about how much he likes to travel to places, no matter where. And he decided to write that down and put an appropriate don't-I-look-like-a-model-please-call-me-LA-agencies photo with it? He doesn't actually say where he is or that he's going anywhere. He's just making an observation about his likes...Maybe he figures that's a more interesting thought than anything related to what he's actually doing today.....😁

I want to know how many takes Dipshit went through of that ridiculous pose before they got the look he was wanting. LOLOL 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Nysha said:

If she's really going to by an on-line influencer she should take an acting or improv class to learn how to be natural in front of the camera. Jessa does okay because her brand is stay at home mom. Jinger seems to want to be the hip young urban dweller and she doesn't have the background to pull it off or the acting skills to fake it.

Agreed, but since when has a Duggar not having the background or training stopped them? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

...Maybe she's tired of trying and frustrated with the results and annoyed by constantly having to say you're obsessed with things you don't give a crap about and is subconsciously sabotaging the whole thing....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Agreed, but since when has a Duggar not having the background or training stopped them? 

It certainly doesn't stop most of them. On the other hand, JD clearly has gone through a significant amount of pilot training......... And I tend to believe that Jill sincerely thought she wanted to take some kind of actual nurse's training and be an actual missionary before she realized how terrified she was of the actual missionary field and how ill prepared she was to pass tests about human physiology and so on, even at the level of highly-amateur-sort-of-kind-of-midwife's-third-assistant (although, yeah, not clear she has figured that second thing out yet....)....

Anyway, in a family that huge, there have got to be some people who are different enough by nature to veer slightly from the brainwashed norm, seems to me....

.I mean, Jinger got an "I want to live in a city" gene from somewhere....So, long story short, I still hold out a little hope that she might be one for whom the "Hey, I could take a class about this" penny drops some day.....She's not dead yet! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

...Maybe she's tired of trying and frustrated with the results and annoyed by constantly having to say you're obsessed with things you don't give a crap about and is subconsciously sabotaging the whole thing....

This wouldn't surprise me. I think Jinger likes being the "classy, trendy" California Duggar compared to the rest of the family (which is fine--to each their own), but I never have detected quite the same enthusiasm for influencing in her as I do Jeremy. I don't think she has any real moral/ethical qualms about it because she was raised to be a famewhore by her dad and probably doesn't think it is really that odd, but I don't think the social media influencing comes naturally to her or is something she finds enjoyable.

She always has the same strained "try-hard" look on her face that I remember seeing when one of her sisters came to visit her in Laredo and they were doing some photo op. I can't remember the details, I just remember Jinger was stirring a pot on the stove and had this very canned "trying hard to look excited but instead looking uncomfortable" expression on her face. I recognize that look because it's pretty similar to my own "damn this photo op" face. LOL

Since Jinger ostensibly used to enjoy photography (and because I think she is an introvert), I think she is more comfortable behind the camera, such as it is, than in front of one. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Zella said:

In what ways? (I'm rather innocent of all knowledge if Instagram makeup shillers since I don't use makeup.) Just trying to figure out if they're problematic in the same way Jinger is or not. 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Intriguing. Do tell. 

I’m male, so I don’t wear makeup, or follow it on social media, so this sample mightn’t Be super accurate

This is James Charles

https://thewhisp.mommyish.com/celebrity/drama/james-charles-scandals-list/17

This is Jeffrey Star

https://www.allure.com/story/jeffree-star-twitter-feuds/amp

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I’m male, so I don’t wear makeup, or follow it on social media, so this sample mightn’t Be super accurate

This is James Charles

https://thewhisp.mommyish.com/celebrity/drama/james-charles-scandals-list/17

This is Jeffrey Star

https://www.allure.com/story/jeffree-star-twitter-feuds/amp

Wow, I remember reading that these 2 were feuding and not having the slightest clue who they were--or that they had such a long history of drama.

That being said, their makeup game seems way more on-point than anything I've ever seen any of the Duggars wear. As I mentioned earlier today, I think that's what really damns Jinger. She is not good enough at the basic gist of the job (either influencing, modelling products, wearing high fashion, or applying/talking about makeup) for people to overlook other things about her. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And he packed two suitcases just for the shot? 

I can’t with these people and their bullshit.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

And he packed two suitcases just for the shot? 

I can’t with these people and their bullshit.

No, I was just thinking it was an old picture from some trip he took in the past couple of years. I didn't mean it was a new picture especially taken for the occasion. They have to have tons of old shots on their devices....

That said, I totally agree with sentiment -- I can't with them and their bullshit either! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Normal jobs? All of them run off in horror! No darling we are godly special tv stars on TLC!!!

And the routine, scheduling, standard process etc of a real job would be a whole new world. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anneb67, I understand what you’re saying and I have occasionally thought the same way. 

But for me, it comes down to this...if they were honest and forthcoming about their beliefs...women stay home and suck up to the headship, gays can’t marry and should be reprogrammed, men know everything, sexual predation is the victim’s fault, pregnancy is sacred but unmarried mothers are sluts, poor people deserve to be poor, trans people are mentally ill sinners, every other member of every other religion, including the “wrong kind” of Christianity, is going to hell, there’s no such thing as climate change, etc etc... I would be just as disgusted but if some right-wing whackjob company wanted them as the face of their brand, well okay. Their business.

But they reveal none of this. It’s all pretty girl faces and cute babies and burgers and baking and bowties and shopping. So if their true beliefs are outed, that’s on them for not owning them in the first place.

Thank you.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

At least they're not selling anything. And I recognize the song lyrics 

LOL.  

We were married 40 years ago in January.  

Despite my husband's sudden severe health issues last summer with multiple surgeries plus other invasive procedures this past year, we are tight. 

And even though he is now disabled,  I have never once have been expected to shill!  Or become a blond!

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 17