Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't find Felicity very cute as she grows. 

I don't either. I mean, I think she's cute in that generic way all kids are cute, but whatever made her an exceptionally pretty baby is disappearing fast.

• Love 14

PubliciTEE will most likely get cuter as her hair grows out and she loses the baby fat.  Of course she'll always have the most bespoke and exclusively on-trend outfits and accessories, so she has that going for her.  JereME would never allow his little prop to look anything less that completely camera-ready at all time!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Oh

Come

On

I don't find Felicity very cute as she grows. I think Ivy, Addison and whatever JD and Josiah girls are called (brain freeze) could beat her in that department

All babies pretty much just look like babies to me 🤷‍♀️.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Note to Jer: Waving your kid around at the camera as you call the coffee "amazing" at coffee shop after coffee shop after coffee shop after coffee shop after coffee shop doesn't make you a coffee connoisseur who'll soon collect coffee-curious followers by the million and land a major influencer gig for one or two of those shops. It just sounds kinda lame. And desperate after a while. And boring. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9

I should have added to my earlier post about Felicity being average and posts are made to make her seem exceptional

exact same thing could be said about her parents - average people trying to make people think they are exceptional

• Love 18
1 hour ago, SMama said:

At the risk of coming across as naive, the prop, propertee, and publicitee monikers make me feel uncomfortable. It’s OK to pile on the adults. Felicity is an innocent child.

agree - I am also uncomfortable with giving such names, or using such names for a child.

it is a one thing to call Jer RFP or whatever but felicity is a toddler.

Not saying this to offend other posters here - just stating my own discomfort with it.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

This may be a distinction without a difference, but calling her Prop or Publicity to me is a snark on her parents and how they are constantly using her on SM to add to their brand, not a snark on her. I wouldn’t call her an actual name, not even FP Junior, for the reasons you mentioned.

I can see you point there. but it has come to replace Felicity's name in a lot of posts for it seems no reason than it was funny and now it is habit to call her those things.

ETA - i have not seen that happen here with any of the other grands. we snark on spurgeon"s unfortunate name, or say giddyup for gideon the silliness of maryella. but their names have not been replaced to snark on the parents

Edited by crazy8s
added
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

as I have said here before, felicity is an average child.

But every posed and filtered pic is meant to make everyone believe she is somehow an exceptional child.

I think she is cute. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Again .....when does this schmuck go to school? 

Keeping in mind that what we see on social media is usually not reality, I seriously hope that we're only seeing him in his rare free time.  We've seen a few photos were they are trying to suggest that the little girl spends time on daddy's lap when he's studying, but I'll bet those were fleeting photo op moments and the majority of time he's behind closed doors studying while Jinger entertains the little girl.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Wait, was that giant glass jug his coffee?? Holy crap, my heart is going nuts just looking at that. 

No. Not the big bottle. He's got a pretty milky coffee of some kind in a small bottle in his hand. Follow Felicity's gaze and you'll see it. Because of its paleish color, it doesn't stand out very well against Felicity's pink outfit. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I should have added to my earlier post about Felicity being average and posts are made to make her seem exceptional

exact same thing could be said about her parents - average people trying to make people think they are exceptional

Oh, come on. Doesn't that look on Jer's face in the coffee shop convince you that he is really hot stuff? Because I expect he thinks it should, since he's trying his darnedest to make that happen. 😁

• LOL 12
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree. Plus, the way they use her does make her seem like a prop in a way I don’t feel with the other grands. My family has always taken tons of pictures, even more social media. Jessa, Anna, Jill, and others seem pretty typical to me. They’ll take pictures of their kids doing child appropriate things, and things they enjoy (well, Jill tries, but those poor boys are woefully understimulated). Sometimes they come off as super posed, but plenty of normal parents pose pictures of their kids in a natural environment. 

the difference to me if that Jeremy and Jinger constantly take felicity to places that are not child friendly, or at least interesting to a child. It makes me feel like they had the following conversation:

jeremy: let’s go to this new coffee shop that opened down the street, and then shopping at a ritzy store for pocket squares, and then to a fancy dinner!

jinger: ooooh, sounds awesome babe! I’ll call the babysitter. 

jeremy: can’t you handle felicity?

jinger: yeah, babe, but she won’t like any of those places.

jeremy: but if she’s in the picture, we’ll get more likes! In fact, I’ve got a few ideas of poses that I want her to try out!

It just seems like the ONLY reason she’s at a lot of these places is for J+J’s Publicitee, in a way I don’t see with the others.

i think maybe you are giving Jing too much credit on thinking about Felicity.

Jing does what Jer says no questions asked because he is her Headship

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Christina87 said:
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

This may be a distinction without a difference, but calling her Prop or Publicity to me is a snark on her parents and how they are constantly using her on SM to add to their brand, not a snark on her. I wouldn’t call her an actual name, not even FP Junior, for the reasons you mentioned.

I agree. Plus, the way they use her does make her seem like a prop in a way I don’t feel with the other grands. My family has always taken tons of pictures, even more social media. Jessa, Anna, Jill, and others seem pretty typical to me. They’ll take pictures of their kids doing child appropriate things, and things they enjoy (well, Jill tries, but those poor boys are woefully understimulated). Sometimes they come off as super posed, but plenty of normal parents pose pictures of their kids in a natural environment. 

I agree with this. I think pretty much all the rest of the family do stereotypical kid pictures where they think their kid(s) are being cute or funny. I am sure they pose pictures sometimes as well, but they tend to look more natural than JinJer's photos. JinJer's pictures always seem so fake and posed and doing it because they know that Felicity generates more likes. Jeremy is so thirsty for any kind of fame no matter how small it seems. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Keeping in mind that what we see on social media is usually not reality, I seriously hope that we're only seeing him in his rare free time.  We've seen a few photos were they are trying to suggest that the little girl spends time on daddy's lap when he's studying, but I'll bet those were fleeting photo op moments and the majority of time he's behind closed doors studying while Jinger entertains the little girl.

He still seems to have shitloads of more free time than anyone else I've ever known in grad school, including myself when I was in it. 

• Love 20

I agree that the Vuolos' pictures appear more staged and kids and animals always get more oohs and aahs, but I dragged my kids with me everywhere I went for the most part. I saved getting a babysitter for adult only events. This was before cell phone cameras and social media, but I'd hazard to guess I would have taken a few pics, although I'm unsure if I would have posted them or not. I know for sure my husband would never have posted them.

The Vuolos are trying to make it as Influencers, I give them a tad bit of credit of not posting the shit Jill and Jessa post, just a tad bit.

Actually, IMHO, Anna's posts are the most mainstream typical posts of all the Duggars and inlaws.

• Love 1

I don't understand how Jessa's use of her kids is seen as better. She actively involves her kids in making her videos to showcase how great she's doing something or how great they are at something. Jill posts pictures of her kids in danger and thinks it's funny. Jinger and Jeremy post pictures of themselves out and about and include their child. What would be said if they took all of these pictures without her? Probably "They never have their kid". Additionally, if you look at their pictures a LOT of them have the same outfit in them. Which means they are taking a ton of pictures on a few occasions and then posting them. Rather than actually posing for pictures every day. I take my son every where with me. People often tell me that I could have left him home but I just choose not to. I almost always take at least one picture of him everywhere we are. As far as I can remember, they've endorsed a product with Felicity in the picture or even shilled for a baby product. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I don't understand how Jessa's use of her kids is seen as better. She actively involves her kids in making her videos to showcase how great she's doing something or how great they are at something. Jill posts pictures of her kids in danger and thinks it's funny. Jinger and Jeremy post pictures of themselves out and about and include their child. What would be said if they took all of these pictures without her? Probably "They never have their kid". Additionally, if you look at their pictures a LOT of them have the same outfit in them. Which means they are taking a ton of pictures on a few occasions and then posting them. Rather than actually posing for pictures every day. I take my son every where with me. People often tell me that I could have left him home but I just choose not to. I almost always take at least one picture of him everywhere we are. As far as I can remember, they've endorsed a product with Felicity in the picture or even shilled for a baby product. 

But do you then post those pictures of your son for thousands of complete strangers? And I agree that Jessa is no better.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Jessa is no better.  If fact, her house tours border on scary revealing way too much TMI.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Since when was Jinger ever enthusiastic about new foods? Or any foods?

If anything she's been incredibly picky with her food.

Also, since when does she call him Jer? She wants to be Audrey Roloff so bad with her crappy relationship advice. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What "wait," Jinge? You got married at 21. Unless that's considered an old maid now. And if so, what does that make Jana? 😕

1 hour ago, Namaste said:

Jinger was probably looking for 21 years. 

Jinger was 22 when she got married and almost 23. She got married at 22 the first week of November 2016. She turned 23 in December right before Christmas.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3

“Does this man love Christ more than anything? How does he care for the weakest around him who can never repay? What are his priorities in life? How is he currently living out these things he speaks of now?”

1)Well...no. European fashion, dontcha know...

2)He hits them up for free coffee?

3) Himself, his mirror, pretty baby, pretty wife, fashion. Also, fashion.

4) So far, he’s grifting his brains out for freebies. 

Seriously Jinger???

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Does this man love Christ more than anything? How does he care for the weakest around him who can never repay? What are his priorities in life? How is he currently living out these things he speaks of now?”

1)Well...no. European fashion, dontcha know...

2)He hits them up for free coffee?

3) Himself, his mirror, pretty baby, pretty wife, fashion. Also, fashion.

4) So far, he’s grifting his brains out for freebies. 

Seriously Jinger???

The teaching of logic -- or accurate appraisal of facts -- is not a long suit of The Duggar Academy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

Jinger, I have been single longer than you've been alive.  I am a Christian, but definitely not your type of Christian - I'm too liberal for your way of thinking.

Reading your post:  What does Jeremy do to care for the weakest? How is he living out his life?  Does Jeremy consider you one of the "weakest?"  It seems all Jeremy does is post pictures posing with Felicity or different meals at restaurants. 

I know fundies look at each and smile and decide they want to court/get married because they are tired of being one of 19 (or whatever) kids.  But they don't even have a chance to talk about anything other than Jesus and having 19 kids before they spend any time alone.  Married, first kiss, first time having sex, all in one day before you really know each other. 

• Love 16

Did we know Jeremy has a podcast? He has a podcast with a man named Josh Buice.  So far there are fifteen episodes.

Episode 14 Jeremy interviews Mark MacArthur, son of John MacArthur. John MacArthur is the head of Jeremy's seminary and eighty years old. Mark is not a theologian (as far as I know). He is investment advisor and Jeremy talks to him about money.

Since the podcast earlier this month, Mark MacArthur is under investigation by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).  The SEC: 

"The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is an independent federal government agency responsible for protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly functioning of the securities markets, and facilitating capital formation."

He could be innocent, but it seems shady to me. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Link for podcast? Not having any luck finding it on my own, and it doesn't seem like Jeremy advertises it? Is it an old one or one he keeps on the DL?

Also, I totally agree with @BitterApple about federal cases. If they're after you, your ass is probably grass.

• Love 2