Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 2/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, JoanArc said:

‘Maybe’. 

So between Michelle, Jim Bob and all the married couples, its $250k each, right? More if you don’t count Jill. Not that I think everyone gets an equal slice of the pie.    

I've said this before, but I don't think JB gives anyone any money.

I think everyone is "paid" for their work in theory -- maybe entered into a spreadsheet:

Jxxxx did y hours of work on some rental and earned $zzz.

I think that rent and utilities and cars and insurance are deducted from that total and the rest remains in the Bank of JB. Jana once mentioned that some J-boy had "saved" enough money to buy a house, but I think that JB just zeroed out his account and gave him some crappy little house to renovate.

I think that JB probably gives them some tiny bit of spending money, but I doubt that anyone has a bank account or access to any money except though JB. I don't think that anyone in that family could simply save their money and then just go and do something they wanted to do. They'd have to ask JB, and he'd have to approve. Then, JB would go and buy the thing -- I don't think much cash is ever in anyone's hand other than JB's..

While I'm 100% sure that JB expected all of the S-I-L's to get with the program, only Ben actually has. As super-fundy as Austin may be, even he said "no thank you" to having his resources locked up tight at the Bank of JB. 

I think that Jeremy's LLC has something to do with getting his family's "payment" for appearing on the show -- which is transferred at JB's pleasure in whatever form he chooses.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that Jeremy's LLC has something to do with getting his family's "payment" for appearing on the show -- which is transferred at JB's pleasure in whatever form he chooses.

I think that is quite likely, but what is weird about the LLCs is not everyone seems to have them, and most of them were only set up last year. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think everyone is "paid" for their work in theory -- maybe entered into a spreadsheet:

I think that rent and utilities and cars and insurance are deducted from that total and the rest remains in the Bank of JB. Jana once mentioned that some J-boy had "saved" enough money to buy a house, but I think that JB just zeroed out his account and gave him some crappy little house to renovate.

I think that JB probably gives them some tiny bit of spending money, but I doubt that anyone has a bank account or access to any money except though JB. I don't think that anyone in that family could simply save their money and then just go and do something they wanted to do. They'd have to ask JB, and he'd have to approve. Then, JB would go and buy the thing -- I don't think much cash is ever in anyone's hand other than JB's..

While I'm 100% sure that JB expected all of the S-I-L's to get with the program, only Ben actually has. As super-fundy as Austin may be, even he said "no thank you" to having his resources locked up tight at the Bank of JB. 

I agree.  I used the analogy that as far as TLC, JB has the contract and the various LLCs are the subs and paid based on work.  Hopefully the LLCs receive their 1099s and file the appropriate tax information.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think that is quite likely, but what is weird about the LLCs is not everyone seems to have them, and most of them were only set up last year. 

I think the timing just relates to the new federal tax law. People were clamoring for years for the federal government to make money you put in so-called "pass-through" entities -- mainly S corporations and LLCs, I think -- eligible for the business-income "flat rate" of 15 percent that has long applied to most corporate income. 

Many people recoiled for decades from the spectre of the gigantic tax loophole that applying the flat tax to any LLC whatsoever would provide.....But the recoilers lost out and the "cut my taxes cut my taxes cut my taxes" folks won out in the most recent big tax bill. .... So that explains JB's llc-mania timing.....Before last year, he couldn't have gotten massively tax-favored status for all these so-called "businesses" the Duggarlings now have. So his tax lawyer wasn't seeing LLCs as a huge priority -- the limited liability was the main point, and since most of the money a Duggarling would pass through isn't actually connected to a business -- by any normal definition -- few of them would ever need liability limitations.

While various states have some restrictions on what you can count as an LLC, the new federal law applies the favorable flat tax to any LLC your state allows you to set up.....So in a lot of states, you can call virtually any money coming in to you a "business," and end up getting the flat tax rate for a heckuva lot of income that you couldn't get that favorable rate on before. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 12
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think the timing just relates to the new federal tax law. People were clamoring for years for the federal government to make money you put in so-called "pass-through" entities -- mainly S corporations and LLCs, I think -- eligible for the business-income "flat rate" of 15 percent that has long applied to most corporate income. 

Many people recoiled for decades from the spectre of the gigantic tax loophole that applying the flat tax to any LLC whatsoever would provide.....But the recoilers lost out and the "cut my taxes cut my taxes cut my taxes" folks won out in the most recent big tax bill. .... So that explains JB's llc-mania timing.....Before last year, he couldn't have gotten massively tax-favored status for all these so-called "businesses" the Duggarlings now have. So his tax lawyer wasn't seeing LLCs as a huge priority -- the limited liability was the main point. 

While various states have some restrictions on what you can count as an LLC, the new federal law applies the favorable flat tax to any LLC your state allows you to set up.....So in a lot of states, you can call virtually any money coming in to you a "business," and end up getting the flat tax rate for a heckuva lot of income that you couldn't get that favorable rate on before. 

Ah okay that makes sense! Thank you!

• Love 3

I have a hard time seeing Jeremy agreeing to something like this. Jeremy seems a little more "alpha male" than the other husbands and Duggars, and I have doubts that he would accept handout payments from Jim Bob instead of trying to negotiate his own deal. He's got Jinger wearing pants, cutting her hair, and living in evil Los Angeles, and Jim Bob and Michele haven't banned them from the house like Jill (that we know of). Maybe Jeremy and Jinger are more interesting to film, so TLC forced Jim Bob to give them their own deal?

• Useful 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I have a hard time seeing Jeremy agreeing to something like this. Jeremy seems a little more "alpha male" than the other husbands and Duggars, and I have doubts that he would accept handout payments from Jim Bob instead of trying to negotiate his own deal. He's got Jinger wearing pants, cutting her hair, and living in evil Los Angeles, and Jim Bob and Michele haven't banned them from the house like Jill (that we know of). Maybe Jeremy and Jinger are more interesting to film, so TLC forced Jim Bob to give them their own deal?

Eh, I think that characterization of Jeremy is more of what people want to think than the reality. The fact remains his LLC is registered JB's address and not his own, and Jeremy would be inconsequential to anyone without his connection to Jinger and the Duggars. I really don't think he is forcing JB to do much of anything with money. He doesn't have that kind of clout. 

I don't think he likes it and I believe he thinks he is better than his in-laws, but he is a world-class asskisser and bootlicker. (See pretty much anything connected to him and MacArthur.) I think his differences with JB are more superficial than anything, as are the changes they've made. They still grift like the rest of the family. And do a rather inept job of it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Austin took the house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A2CFB7D1-B6E3-4FEB-8427-0781D01EFF06.jpeg

7BF43CF1-901D-4C82-82BA-63B592CEC5D0.jpeg

911BAD00-05B4-494D-A660-41B0ECA5F242.jpeg

LOL!  Jing looks stupid in a helmet, while the little one, again wearing only a stupid bow, looks miserable.  Her uncles, with their knee pads, look far more authentic, playing something like  broom ball that requires sliding knees on ice.

Jing, stop!

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

If Jill is banned from the house, it's because her husband keeps bad mouthing and criticizing JB.

Jeremy is smart enough to know that he has to keep a good with relationship with JB if he wants to keep filming. I also don't think that J & J have their own separate deals. I don't see TLC reopening the contract and renegotiating to give more money to the talents. It would also piss off JB and the other kids. I'm sure Jeremy would love to have his own contract, but I don't think that's how it works. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If Jill is banned from the house, it's because her husband keeps bad mouthing and criticizing JB.

I would definitely be banished from that house!.....And would consider said banishment a medal of intellectual merit and of honor!  😈

• Love 15
(edited)

I think they only brought ProperTEE onto the ice for the photo op between games. She was in no danger. 

I hope Jinger is at least that good of a mother!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they only brought ProperTEE onto the ice for the photo op, between games. She was in no danger. 

I hope Jinger is at least that good of a mother!

At this point, whether or not she is a great mother, Jing should have learned the power of an image misstep!  

• Love 11
(edited)

I doubt they even have toddler helmets, since they're too young to skate or play broomball. EXCEPTION:  The only toddlers I've seen in helmets on the ice are those of former skaters who ARE putting tiny skates on their kids, but they are still skating holding a parent's hand. Evgeni Plushenko's kid comes to mind. He was in skates around Prop's age (and he is a prop supreme).

Edited by Sew Sumi
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I doubt they even have toddler helmets, since they're too young to skate or play broomball. EXCEPTION:  The only toddlers I've seen in helmets on the ice are those of former skaters who ARE putting tiny skates on their kids, but they are still skating holding a parent's hand. Evgeni Plushenko's kid comes to mind. He was in skates around Prop's age (and he is a prop supreme).

Actually....there are helmets for all ages, including infants.  Mommy and daddy on bikes!  Mommy and daddy running while pushing strollers.  Etc......

That pic was all about the bow.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I understand that she was likely on the ice for seconds to have the pictures taken but it is so dangerous. Toddler helmets are easy to find at most sports stores. Even toddler bike helmets, which are exceptionally easy to find, would be better than nothing. If she loses her balance on the ice it’s a fast hard fall. It’s like hitting your head on concrete. If they can’t even find a bike helmet they should just keep her off the ice. 

• Love 13

I doubt the rink had toddler helmets though. That's something that the parents would need to buy. So no, no helmet for the Prop, especially since she was showing off her Arkansas winter wear. No need for that coat in LA, especially this winter, which has been especially warm.

21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I see what you are saying now! 😀yes, you are right that the arena likely was unable to rent/provide a toddler helmet and it is something that parents must buy. 👍

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I doubt the rink had toddler helmets though. That's something that the parents would need to buy. So no, no helmet for the Prop, especially since she was showing off her Arkansas winter wear. No need for that coat in LA, especially this winter, which has been especially warm.

Insurance would require proper protective gear for all ages. Or they have specific age and height requirements. That is a real world business.

• Love 6
On 2/29/2020 at 8:57 AM, Christina87 said:

Plus, sadly, we know that Jinger is well aware of his “type,” considering he tells her any time he is tempted. Most people would just...you know...marry people who are their “type,” or deviate that but be satisfied with the difference. I’ve always been a fan of wholesome, intelligent men who work hard. I can’t imagine finding some sort of tattooed, pierced Goth guy (not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s not my “type”) who is happy and content working part time on the weekends as a bartender and living in his parents’ basement. I can’t imagine seeing that he has SOMETHING that I want (like coming from a famous family), and genuinely being attracted to him, but wanting him to change. Especially in a culture where men are forced to do whatever women say. And then I marry him and force him to laser remove his tattoos, get rid of his piercings, start wearing business suits, and make him to go college to study finance. That’s essentially what I feel jeremy has done with Jinger, although she didn’t have a super developed sense of self in the first place. 

But @Christina87 if you wanted to marry a guy who worked hard and shared some of your interests, and you said man who did work hard (but maybe wasn’t the best budgeted), found him genuinely handsome/sexy but maybe not had your exact phenotype as far as skin tone/hair/eye color or clothing style, I could see you marrying him and working on his style/making him use skin care while teaching him about long term financial goals. Think about how Jay Z looked before Beyoncé got ahold of him- he started getting facials and dressing differently, much more sophisticated now!!

Jeremy wanted to marry a young pretty girl who was a Virgin (first), Christian (second) who he got along with and could share some recreational time. Things like outfits and hair color are so easily changeable I’m not surprised Jeremy is cultivating his “ideal woman”. The non negotiables of what Jeremy wanted, Jinger had, and they clicked. I do also agree that she was totally amendable to what he wants for her style, but I don’t think he’s “forcing her” to do any of this. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Insurance would require proper protective gear for all ages. Or they have specific age and height requirements. That is a real world business.

Well, no one stopped them from taking her out into the ice for her photo op. Apparently, they weren't *that* concerned. That's 100% on the rink.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Jinger's Facebook bio. What a load of shit.

Screenshot_20200305-125409_Chrome.thumb.jpg.675b5e77303a81d2a1e85b85d09463c3.jpg

I just about choked laughing on that one. Writing parallel lists must not be one of Jinger's specialties either. . . .

Has Jinger ever been shown cooking or playing music or doing anything to benefit Diana's charity? 🤔🧐🤨

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just about choked laughing on that one. Writing parallel lists must not be one of Jinger's specialties either. . . .

Faulty parallelism makes me crazy, too!

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

Has Jinger ever been shown cooking or playing music or doing anything to benefit Diana's charity? 🤔🧐🤨

She did something for the charity. I think it was a music show and I think she played the piano. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hailing from Springdale, AR, Jinger pretends to be an avid home cook by posting random pictures on Instagram, is a gifted pianist, violinist, although she has yet to do something meaningful and permanent with her talents, and supports her mother-in-law Diana’s non-profit organization Swan 4 Kids by attending their yearly gala, playing the piano at the gala, and posting about it on Instagram.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't know that they ever showed her doing anything for the charity. But I'm pretty sure they said at least once that she'd participated in one of the charity events -- playing one of her instruments....

• Useful 2
(edited)

Yeah, she played piano for the charity in 2018. They didn't go to PA for last year's holidays. The Vuolos congregated in LA. If Diana had a fundraiser in 2019, it was before she came out to LA, and JinJer didn't promote it.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
(edited)

That's the trouble with being prominent enough to feel you have to write a bio of yourself on social media. If you don't have much to say.....well, I'm sure you feel like you have to say something anyway. .....

Who knows if Jingle feels funny about having this up there or not? She may.....And she may even have just written a paragraph about being a happy mom and liking to take photos of her family or something.....

But that wouldn't be good enough for a breakout star.....So I can pretty easily imagine Jer and her publicist coming up with this somewhat truth-stretching item....and putting it up, with the excuse that, well, she has played an instrument at the gala once or twice...

It's really pitiful, to me, to watch them flailing around trying to justify their fame and campaigning to collect "followers" and "fans" when the truth is that there is no justification for any of it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought the classical schtick was on her IG profile.

Yep.  My favorite part is the business inquiries directed to Jer. 

Jinger Vuolo

Christian wife, mommy, and lover of all things classical.
📺 #CountingOn on @TLC
Business inquiries: jeremy@fromthegiftshoppe.comopen.spotify.com/playlist/74oiXfOE3lIz4PKQQwMHag?si=OR8dw_GvS6iGH3yjpVqTRw

• Love 7
(edited)

Well Jinger and Jeremy publically gave a lot to Lawson's mission to help the girl with the heart. I'm skeptical about giving a fundie money to help someone or run a charity. I agree with the cause, but I'm skeptical about the money going to the right hands and actually helping someone.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8