Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Did we know Jeremy has a podcast? He has a podcast with a man named Josh Buice.  So far there are fifteen episodes.

Episode 14 Jeremy interviews Mark MacArthur, son of John MacArthur. John MacArthur is the head of Jeremy's seminary and eighty years old. Mark is not a theologian (as far as I know). He is investment advisor and Jeremy talks to him about money.

Since the podcast earlier this month, Mark MacArthur is under investigation by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).  The SEC: 

"The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is an independent federal government agency responsible for protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly functioning of the securities markets, and facilitating capital formation."

He could be innocent, but it seems shady to me. 

Mark MacArthur is one of several of John MacArthur's relatives and buddies who have also been frequently mentioned as getting lucrative contracts and such from John MacArthur. Contracts, jobs, positions that give them say in how money is handled that many people connected with JM's church and schools believe should have been bid out and competed for so the church and schools could get good deals and competent work and disinterested advice. And so they could behave fairly -- you know, the way Jesus would recommend. 

Quite a few people  fear that MacArthur generally doesn't give a crap about those things, however, and pretty much always just funnels as much of the congregation's and students' money -- and power over his various enterprises -- to his own personal cronies and relatives as he can. 

That's one of the various nepotism charges that people reported to the WASC investigation. So that's another thing that's going on  with these jerks financially, in addition to this SEC investigation. 

We've talked about episodes of Jer's podcast a few times on the forum though not very often. I didn't realize he'd recently interviewed Mark MacArthur.

That shows to me how closely Jer's tied to MacArthur and MacArthur's shady enterprise......It's another way in which Jer's been pulled in to try and help the MacArthur image, too. ..... He's probably getting some cash on the side to do that, in addition to his work-free and tuition-free degree and his free house, I suppose. 

It all suggests to me that Jer also knows exactly how shady and dirty these power- and money-hungry "Christians" are, even if he only knows about it semi-consciously, down inside where we know some of those truths that we can't stand to admit even to ourselves. 

Jer's either a very stupid patsy or an aspiring piece of MacArthur-emulating slime, I'd say.....Or possibly both. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Link for podcast? Not having any luck finding it on my own, and it doesn't seem like Jeremy advertises it? Is it an old one or one he keeps on the DL?

Also, I totally agree with @BitterApple about federal cases. If they're after you, your ass is probably grass.

The podcast is with Josh Buice -- and it's related to the G3 conference....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g3-podcast/id1490626114

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The podcast is with Josh Buice -- and it's related to the G3 conference....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g3-podcast/id1490626114

Very interesting. Thank you! Am I correct he's not really posting about this podcast on his social media sites? 

I'm not a podcast listener, but in my experience, people on social media tend to promote the shit out of their podcasts in a way he doesn't seem to. (Just off the top of my head because I'm reading Catch and Kill, but Ronan Farrow's Instagram and Twitter presence is very much that of a man with a recent podcast series he's promoting. Not disparaging Ronan at all--he's doing good work--but that to me is much more normal promotion-wise than the way Jeremy seems to minimize this in his online presence?)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7

Notice how Mr. Mark allegedly-lied-to-investors-to-get-more-money-for-himself MacArthur promotes his current financial-management business by repeatedly pointing to himself as a very very godly Christian who's constantly talking about his love of the Scriptures and how he's constantly seeing God in all things. 

Yeah. 

Kind of reminds me of that portrait of the godly husband nonsense Jingle told us about a day or so ago. 

Mark MacArthur

@Mark__Mac

President, M2 Stewardship Group

@M2_Financial

Wow. To think that I still turn down the radio volume to LOOK for an address that my GPS just notified is right next to me. Seriously, the abilities that God gives to develop this kind of stuff is terrific.'

https://twitter.com/mark__mac?lang=en

Jan 28

Overrated: Do what you love Underrated: Love what you do Everyone is blessed w/ certain gifts, interests & opportunities. "Love what you do" realizes a match between God's design / my desire. Phil 3:14 #diligence Ps 37:4

Jan 24

Principally, submission/support do not require solidarity. What I see from POTUS recently; I support that leadership. Regardless, I desire to honorably submit to Govt. Rmns 13 But, my solidarity is to Christ & Scripture, which guides the former and calls me to the latter.

"Love what you do," says MM. "And what I love is to get money by any means possible."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Very interesting. Thank you! Am I correct he's not really posting about this podcast on his social media sites? 

I'm not a podcast listener, but in my experience, people on social media tend to promote the shit out of their podcasts in a way he doesn't seem to. (Just off the top of my head because I'm reading Catch and Kill, but Ronan Farrow's Instagram and Twitter presence is very much that of a man with a recent podcast series he's promoting. Not disparaging Ronan at all--he's doing good work--but that to me is much more normal promotion-wise than the way Jeremy seems to minimize this in his online presence?)

I don't really follow Jer's social media, but I don't think he posts about it frequently, at any rate. ....I think he may have posted about it somewhere shortly after the G3 conference, though.....

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't really follow Jer's social media, but I don't think he posts about it frequently, at any rate. ....I think he may have posted about it somewhere shortly after the G3 conference, though.....

Yeah I don't really either, but whenever I do pop in on it because of something someone has posted here, it seems to be mostly fashion and food.

• Love 1

According to Compliance Week magazine, this whole kickback scheme the SEC is looking at traces back to a bunch of guys who were classmates at The Master's University (John MacArthur's college, not his seminary....) 

You know, one of those places where he's absolutely adamant that everyone there, including the typists and lawn-mowing staff, be faithful adherents of his strict Calvinist theology and attend his church. 

Guess that insistence on pristine virtue doesn't hold for his own family and their personal friends...

"According to the SEC, Gravette and MacArthur, in their work at Criterion, recommended clients to invest more than $16 million across private real estate funds—two fund managers of which were compensating Criterion more than $1 million that Criterion failed to inform its clients about.

"The alleged side payments were recurring and, thus, required Criterion to keep its clients invested in those funds instead of allocating their capital elsewhere. The SEC notes two of the funds resulted in reduced investment returns for clients.

"According to the SEC, MacArthur was a former colleague of one of the fund manager’s principals, and both Gravette and MacArthur attended the same university and were long-time social acquaintances of the other fund manager’s principals.

"Gravette and MacArthur were both advisers during the time these alleged activities occurred, and Gravette was CCO for most the relevant period. The SEC claims the duo received approximately $1.1 million in undisclosed non-advisory compensation, and given that total, Gravette and MacArthur’s alleged actions were “willful, knowing, intentional, or reckless, and their course of conduct was further unreasonable.”"

Maybe Jer's looking around the MacArthur campuses for some future buddies with whom he can hook up for bribery and money-laundering schemes of some kind. Seems like it might be a good place to find such fellows. 

https://www.complianceweek.com/regulatory-enforcement/ccos-face-sec-charges-over-conflicts-of-interest/28468.article

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Jer's looking around the MacArthur campuses for some future buddies with whom he can hook up for bribery and money-laundering schemes of some kind. Seems like it might be a good place to find such fellows. 

Seems like that would require far more initiative than the RFP is capable of. 

I’m thinking timeshare sales guy is more his speed...

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Seems like that would require far more initiative than the RFP is capable of. 

I’m thinking timeshare sales guy is more his speed...

Very good point. 

Also possible, though, I think -- Jer underestimates the work involved in financial criming. I'm pretty sure he vastly underestimated the work involved in soccer and pastoring....and influencing....maybe even modeling -- so why not crime?! 

He's delusionally in search of easy big money just in general, is my guess! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Very good point. 

Also possible, though, I think -- Jer underetimates the work involved in financial criming. I'm pretty sure he vastly underestimated the work involved in soccer and pastoring....and influencing....maybe even modeling -- so why not crime?! 

He's delusionally in search of easy big money just in general, is my guess! 

Quite possibly, this bunch overestimated Jer and his ability to bring in money through Jing.  Wonder if a year from now, Jer will still be a featured speaker on that cruise from hell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Quite possibly, this bunch overestimated Jer and his ability to bring in money through Jing.  Wonder if a year from now, Jer will still be a featured speaker on that cruise from hell.

Yeah, I wonder that, too. I can't see that they're getting much of value out of him......And yet it does still seem to me that they certainly expected to because otherwise why grant him so many obvious favors?

ETA: By the by, you can see why Jer would have been very interested in joining up with MacArthur. Nobody knows exactly how much he earns, but reports from several years ago based on federal paperwork related to his nonprofits estimated his annual earnings to add up to about $900,000. That's big and easy money pretty much regardless of what you're doing to earn it, I'd say. 

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2014/01/john-macarthur-revisited

Today, I decided to check to see what happened to John MacArthur's compensation by Grace to You and Masters College and Seminary as reported in the 2012 IRS 990s? The 2012 990s (reporting on 2011) are the next year of figures that have been made available since the last time we wrote here on Baylyblog. Again, the IRS requires MacArthur to reveal these numbers. Thus the numbers here that are not estimates are public records.

Here then are the more recent 2011 figures compared to our previous 2010 figures...

2010            2011          John MacArthur's Income

$47,000       $103,000     (108% one-year increase) 40 hrs p/week at Masters College

$222,000     $402,000     (81% one-year increase) 20 hrs p/week at Grace to You

Add to the above John MacArthur's other personal income, speaker's fees, etc.:

$200,000    $200,000      conservative estimate of Grace Community Church salary

$200,000    $200,000      conservative estimate of royalties

$669,000    $905,000      TOTAL ANNUAL INCOME (projected)

Meanwhile, according to the Labor Department, the annual mean wage of pastors in California is -- $67,140

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

Gem of hilarity from the podcast -- which went up online on Feb. 13 -- the day AFTER the SEC lawsuit was filed against Mark MacArthur and his former business partner and lifelong college buddy in Federal Court, Central District of California. 

(I'm paraphrasing -- too lazy to copy exactly. Sorry.)

Josh Buice (cohost) says to Jer -- If you have a question about the bible and you could ask any pastor in the United States about it, who would you ask? 

Jer -- Well, I have to say John MacArthur!    (they must have edited out the thunderous sound of sucking up that certainly accompanied this statement....) 

Buice -- Okay. Well, how about if you have a question about money? If you could ask any expert in the United States the questions you have about money, who would you ask? 

Jer -- Well, I have to say Mark MacArthur! 

Good call, Reverend Fancy Pants. 

Watch out, Jingle, your husband's taste in financial advisors is questionable. 😈

This is near the beginning of this thing. Maybe I can stomach listening to more of it later....

https://subsplash.com/2017g3/lb/mi/+bnbvr6h

ETA: Okay, so a bit farther on, Jer explains that Mark's been a good friend of his for two or three years now.......apparently because Mark MacArthur's been at Calvinist conferences Jer's been at.....where I suppose he's picked up various suckers for his shady investment concerns because they see him as the godly son of a godly father.............It's just like Gothard and his defraud-the-congregation's brother.  (Just in case you've missed this -- Gothard has one brother who financially fleeced the faithful and another who sexually harassed and imposed himself on the faithful)

And Jer asked Mark -- now accused of numerous acts the SEC calls "defrauding," "acting in bad faith," ignoring his fiduciary duty, making money at the expense of the people he was supposedly helping to invest well for their retirements, concealing from his clients vital information he was legally required to disclose, etc -- to counsel Jer and Jingle about how Christian people should handle their attitudes toward money and the love of money!

So he didn't just ask this crook how to invest money....He asked this guy -- who as far as I can tell has no "pastoral"-type qualifications whatsoever except being the son of a cocky pastor -- to counsel them on the morals and ethics of money! .....Jer is literally treating this guy like he's some kind of pastor and morality expert simply because he's John MacArthur's son. Yeesh.....

I suppose this provides some insight into why Jer thinks he can be a preacher without studying. Chuck's a preacher, and Jer apparently thinks it's all in the genes. Yeesh. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2020 at 12:18 AM, Lunera said:

Cute couple. 

First:  I don't see how these people can be "buddies" because they are sitting too far apart.  Second:  Jeremy, you really need a different hairstyle.  This one is not flattering of your receding hairline. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

More from The Podcast! --

Jer can't tell us any other person who's been so great as Mark MacArthur at instructing him and Jingle on how to handle their finances in a biblical manner. 

But Jer, what about all those finance lessons Jim Bob and Meeechelle hand out to the future sons-in-law? You may be treading on dangerous ground here -- putting JB in second place as a godly finance manager. 

Mark, meanwhile, notes that throughout his life God has repeatedly affirmed the blessing it is to uphold the legacy of his family......Yep. Like father like son when it comes to grift, I guess. 

Okay, I give up. I can't stand listening to these bloviating asses ....

Everything Mark has, though, he's ultimately going to give back to the Lord.......So I guess the people he defrauded can feel comforted that the cash they might have in their retirement accounts -- but don't, thanks to Mark -- is ultimately going to God... So it's all good. God'll do a better job with it than they would, no doubt. 

By the way, Mark hates the government, he mentions. They are terrible stewards of resources. The government just supports a lot of crap that he and Jer believe is sinful. 

Figures. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Did this podcast timing coincide with the weird financial app shilling Jinge was doing? 

Hey, good point. Probably. The podcast went up online on Feb. 13. And Jingle's financial-app post went up around Feb. 4......Very likely that coincided with the recording date. 

• Useful 4
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, good point. Probably. The podcast went up online on Feb. 13. And Jingle's financial-app post went up around Feb. 4......Very likely that coincided with the recording date. 

Very interesting. The plot thickens. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

More from The Podcast! --

Jer can't tell us any other person who's been so great as Mark MacArthur at instructing him and Jingle on how to handle their finances in a biblical manner. 

But Jer, what about all those finance lessons Jim Bob and Meeechelle hand out to the future sons-in-law? You may be treading on dangerous ground here -- putting JB in second place as a godly finance manager. 

Mark, meanwhile, notes that throughout his life God has repeatedly affirmed the blessing it is to uphold the legacy of his family......Yep. Like father like son when it comes to grift, I guess. 

Okay, I give up. I can't stand listening to these bloviating asses ....

Everything Mark has, though, he's ultimately going to give back to the Lord.......So I guess the people he defrauded can feel comforted that the cash they might have in their retirement accounts -- but don't, thanks to Mark -- is ultimately going to God... So it's all good. God'll do a better job with it than they would, no doubt. 

By the way, Mark hates the government, he mentions. They are terrible stewards of resources. The government just supports a lot of crap that he and Jer believe is sinful. 

Figures. 

How do you give the money to God?

Wanna bet that the money is really going in his family’s ministry aka the family’s bank account.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Wanna bet that the money is really going in his family’s ministry aka the family’s bank account.

But that’s what God wants!!!

I need an emoji that indicates a trillion eye rolls for their patented variety of utter bullshit.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2

Looks like they've taken down their Mark MacArthur podcast. lol

I was wondering what you say to your faithful Christian listeners when somebody you've praised to the skies as being the world's greatest expert on managing your finances and your thinking about money in a highly moral and God-conscious way gets charged with fraud, deception, theft, overweening greed (and world-class hypocrisy). 

Not surprisingly, I guess the first thing you do is erase the evidence of your involvement. heh

I do wonder what they're thinking at this point. My first thought is that Jer et al may be clinging to the idea that the accusations are false. But it looks to be a very plain and simple case -- one the SEC would never bring unless they had the receipts and one in which the evidence is quite straightforward and, most likely, unmistakable....So you'd have to be in really big-time denial to do that.....

(They didn't manage to take it down everywhere, though. ha)

https://g3conference.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/G3-Podcast-Episode-14-Mark-MacArthur.mp3

Maybe it's just me, but the guy's the king of gobbledygook..... Good talent for a grifter, I guess. Baffle 'em with bullshit. 

God didn't "give" you the money your clients invested, you slippery obfuscating jerk. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Looks like they've taken down their Mark MacArthur podcast. lol

I was wondering what you say to your faithful Christian listeners when somebody you've praised to the skies as being the world's greatest expert on managing your finances and your thinking about money in a highly moral and God-conscious way gets charged with fraud, deception, theft, overweening greed (and world-class hypocrisy). 

Not surprisingly, I guess the first thing you do is erase the evidence of your involvement. heh

I do wonder what they're thinking at this point. My first thought is that Jer et al may be clinging to the idea that the accusations are false. But it looks to be a very plain and simple case -- one the SEC would never bring unless they had the receipts and one in which the evidence is quite straightforward and, most likely, unmistakable....So you'd have to be in really big-time denial to do that.....

(They didn't manage to take it down everywhere, though. ha)

https://g3conference.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/G3-Podcast-Episode-14-Mark-MacArthur.mp3

Jer is in a frenzy trying to find a new photographer to grift.  And then, there will be an sudden burst of new family photos taken at trendy places to distract from his foolish decisions.  

Cue the next photo or video in ......

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Nothing new on Instagram 

They are probably trying to come up with a way to get more attention than Jill and Derrick signing Israel up for kindergarten. They are the breakout stars after all, not Jill and Derrick.

• LOL 18

Jinger and Momma in a tearful TH where Jing explains Jesus said dying her hair was ok.

Jinger teaches the lost girls to bake or the lost girls laugh at jinger's fake baking posts and show her how to bake.

Jinger rides along with the other sisters while Johanna, gets her learners permit, gets her wisdom teeth out, etc

the howlers and lost girls have been back on the show so all of these are possible. ☹️

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I think someone is pregnant (not Jinger unless she's having the tiniest pregnancy ever), or someone is going to start courting and they want a group announcement or they are doing another "Duggar daughters with their daughters" photo shoot and TLC put down the hammer about Jinger and Felicity skipping out again. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jinger teaches the lost girls to bake or the lost girls laugh at jinger's fake baking posts and show her how to bake.

Jessa doesn't clean the kitchen after.

Jana sips coffee and drops Hobby Lobby Objects D'Art in the background.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger traveling with a 2 year old accountability partner. Who will keep her in check and how will she prove she behaved?

Is Jinger really going to travel alone with Felicity, sans camera crew or anyone else? I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Love 13

Could Jeremy stayed behind because he actually has to attend class now that another of his cronies is bring brought up on charges? 

Maybe Jinger IS pregnant and making the trip to AR to announce for the TLC cameras?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Well, they were only supposed to be in that place for six months. It's well past that. 

2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Without “I’m ready for my close-up” Jeremy?

The crew was just in LA. Perhaps Jinger told Jer on camera then, now is going for this last minute trip to announce to the "fam?"

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jinger is hangout with Si and La and a bunch of other Duggar.

They really couldn’t look any more bored if they tried. And now someone else is wearing the Lauren black hat of imitation - they don’t have any original thoughts either do they?  I can’t tell if it’s Jessa. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1