Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I don't understand the sponsorship, Jinger has never showed interest in makeup. I looked through Iconic London's page and it's full of popular makeup influencers including trans beauty influencer Nikki Tutorials. In the end she'll only get paid a small percentage for every time her code is used. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't understand the sponsorship, Jinger has never showed interest in makeup. I looked through Iconic London's page and it's full of popular makeup influencers including trans beauty influencer Nikki Tutorials. In the end she'll only get paid a small percentage for every time her code is used. 

I hope the brand’s supporters start complaining about her anti LGBT beliefs ASAP. Hopefully they’ll drop her fast.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, zoomama said:

i have no clue -- tell me!

I’m not an expert but this the general ides. When you swipe up and click on any links the influencer, Jinger, gets a commission. The worst part is it leaves cookies on your device and they’ll get commissions from future purchases too. Think of someone who is selling something from Nordstrom. You click on their link for a sweater.  You don’t buy it, but the next day you go back to the Nordstrom site & order makeup. They get a commission on that because of the cookies that were left from the influencers link.

• Useful 12
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

Maybe they just hand out the gigs based on your number of followers and the number of responses and likes you get or something. Based on that, the Duggar women probably beat out a lot of people........I suppose that could be -- or at least could seem to be -- a reasonable strategy if you don't pay all that much.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, zoomama said:

i have no clue -- tell me!

Apparently, it's the smart phone equivalent of clicking with a mouse on a computer/laptop. It can lead one to purchase something, like what Jin is shilling here.  

I agree that only a leghumper (love that term!) would buy makeup of any kind based on the scary picture Jin posted.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

If she wanted to avoid looking like she just broke out of the women’s wing of the Institute for the Criminally Insane, she should have worn something besides my eighth-grade gymsuit.

Apparently the news is that Jinger has lost her fucking mind!  Making faces with crazy eyes doesn't seem like a good bet to sell makeup.  Making faces has always been Jill's thing and I don't remember Jinger doing that.  How desperate is she getting?

• Love 8

I notice that there's a feeling of...performance, I guess...in a lot of the insta videos for this company. If you're sheltered, not too bright, and not used to performing while looking natural, I can see how you might do what's Jingle's doing in her video, in an attempt to imitate what others do. Doesn't work for somebody like her.  Among other things, doing it well is a learned skill...and it probably depends on having been a much more aware consumer of media to pick it up, too. 

https://www.instagram.com/iconic.london/?hl=en

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

I’m not an expert but this the general ides. When you swipe up and click on any links the influencer, Jinger, gets a commission. The worst part is it leaves cookies on your device and they’ll get commissions from future purchases too. Think of someone who is selling something from Nordstrom. You click on their link for a sweater.  You don’t buy it, but the next day you go back to the Nordstrom site & order makeup. They get a commission on that because of the cookies that were left from the influencers link.

Thank you for a better explanation.  I only buy stuff from a direct website, on my laptop.  My phone has that tiny little keyboard I hate, so I don't do internet sites on it, just an app or two.

• Love 3

No one ever looks good when you take a screen shot from a video, but yikes, that was terrifying. I think Jinger is still not natural with those videos and overacts above and beyond her normal personality to try and appear energetic and excited. If you don't have much practice or put in a lot of effort with influencer videos, it's blatantly clear when it is not something you do much of. Like it or not, the influencers on social media who do this every day are much, much better at making promotions feel natural and unforced. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

Making faces has always been Jill's thing and I don't remember Jinger doing that.  How desperate is she getting?

Wait, Jinger certainly was known for her faces and eye-rolling and it goes way back.  People always believed that Jinger was the one who would flee the cult due to her sly "knowng" faces at the camera....  (Free Jinger! was used way before the site was created)   Then all hope seemed to have been sucked out of her when she got married.  That spark is gone, but now her faces seem to be more a cry for help and the terror she must be under living with such an egomaniac.

• Love 16

If she's really going to by an on-line influencer she should take an acting or improv class to learn how to be natural in front of the camera. Jessa does okay because her brand is stay at home mom. Jinger seems to want to be the hip young urban dweller and she doesn't have the background to pull it off or the acting skills to fake it.

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wait, Jinger certainly was known for her faces and eye-rolling and it goes way back.  People always believed that Jinger was the one who would flee the cult due to her sly "knowng" faces at the camera....  (Free Jinger! was used way before the site was created)   Then all hope seemed to have been sucked out of her when she got married.  That spark is gone, but now her faces seem to be more a cry for help and the terror she must be under living with such an egomaniac.

I never watched the show and I'm going purely by what has been posted on this thread.  I don't remember ever seeing Jinger looking absolutely insane. I agree with your "cry for help" comment.

• Love 7

Well, I got the sense that Jer pretty much wanted this influencer thing to be their big career or at least a pretty major portion of their livelihood and lifestyle going forward....and I'm sure he sold that idea to Jingle and maybe sold the idea that it would be fun and fairly easy for them.  

Maybe now she's seeing that it makes a lot of demands that aren't all that much fun and that may not come that naturally to her, and that there's really no blueprint available for how to succeed in a big way at influencing......Meanwhile, the returns so far probably aren't that great and certainly haven't been very steady.....

If she feels a little depressed or frantic about the whole enterprise, that's gonna affect her performance.

Plus, their choices of what to "influence' about seem pretty random. So she hasn't had an opportunity to build expertise or a comfort level with any kind of product .... a lot of influencers have long published a bunch of personal stuff about the kind of products they end up shilling. So they get the influencer cash for posting about something they're really interested in and in an area where they have a lot of personal experience.

That's gotta be way easier and more comfortable than shilling an online photography course, a natural-foods grocery, a financial planning app, makeup, designer handbags, a gluten-free donut shop and whatever other influencer temp "jobs" Jinger's had. .....It seems clear from her usual social-media postings that she's not particularly interested in or involved with any of those things....I think that's seldom true of successful influencers. 

But she can't give up. Because what would the headship say? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I got the sense that Jer pretty much wanted this influencer thing to be their big career or at least a pretty major portion of their livelihood and lifestyle going forward....and I'm sure he sold that idea to Jingle and maybe sold the idea that it would be fun and fairly easy for them.  

Maybe now she's seeing that it makes a lot of demands that aren't all that much fun and that may not come that naturally to her, and that there's really no blueprint available for how to succeed in a big way at influencing......Meanwhile, the returns so far probably aren't that great and certainly haven't been very steady.....

If she feels a little depressed or frantic about the whole enterprise, that's gonna affect her performance.

Plus, their choices of what to "influence' about seem pretty random. So she hasn't had an opportunity to build expertise or a comfort level with any kind of product .... a lot of influencers have long published a bunch of personal stuff about the kind of products they end up shilling. So they get the influencer cash for posting about something they're really interested in and in an area where they have a lot of personal experience.

That's gotta be way easier and more comfortable than shilling an online photography course, a natural-foods grocery, a financial planning app, makeup, designer handbags, a gluten-free donut shop and whatever other influencer temp "jobs" Jinger's had. .....It seems clear from her usual social-media postings that she's not particularly interested in or involved with any of those things....I think that's seldom true of successful influencers. 

But she can't give up. Because what would the headship say? 

But the headship is supposed to be supporting her! 🤣🤣🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Plenty of celebrities and influencers shill products they don't give a rat's behind about, but they manage to come off sincere in their delivery. Jinger maniacally trying to convince her audience she's obsessed with a cream blush she can't even apply correctly is painful to watch.

I will say in her defense that I don't expect her to be good at this. The Duggar kids grew up on tv, but they were essentially a horde of programmed zombies feeding off of producer-given cues. Now that the girls are trying to curate their own images, we see just how ill-equipped and clueless they really are. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
On 2/11/2020 at 10:05 AM, Barb23 said:

Changing subjects - I saw Gabby on a commercial advertising the start of American Idol.  The commercial had the "you, too, can turn out to be a rock star no matter your humble beginnings" kind of vibe to it.

This is completely laughable. Guess they can't afford Adam Lambert or Chris Daughtry.

All this "influencing" is making my head spin. How soon before it goes away?? I would like to influence someone to not be an influencer.

JInger plus makeup? Kind of an oxymoron. Does she even wear it? The Bates OTOH...well, yes, I could see that.

• Love 4

Jing is no longer a newlywed . Jing is no longer a mom of a newborn.  Toddlers annoy non family.  Jing is totally isolated from her family,  especially all the married women with young children. Jing has now realized that not every day is a photo op where she dresses up and grins in pictures with people she doesn't know or she goes to restaurants where she pretends to eat.  Jing is way too undereducated to be comfortable hanging with the other wives in Jer's orbit.  Or even comfortable in his world at all.

Adult life is hard work.  Yet another skill she has no clue about.

• Love 24

By actively seeking out and re-posting videos, such as Jingers, isn't she successfully "influencing" people?  Maybe not to spend money on what she's representing, but she's exerting influence. 

She's actually:  A.  Getting the attention of people she doesn't know.  B. Getting said people to read/react/interact with her posting.  C. Causing these individuals to re-post her videos. 

Now granted, these things seem mostly done to ridicule her and her husband, but the actions are taking place. They're getting attention and the conversation is all about them.  How many thousands of posts are there about them right here? 

• Love 2

Jinger's always a dramatic streak as mentioned above. I think if she had gone to normal school and had a normal life; she might have enjoyed being in the high school drama club. 

It's possible she's trying to look dramatic or excited and isn't aware of how she comes off. People, who influence or act, etc. often practice expressions in the mirror.  She may not be aware how her face looks. 

That being said make-up influencing one of the most competitive fields of influencing if not the most. She needs to step up her game. 

2 hours ago, leighdear said:

By actively seeking out and re-posting videos, such as Jingers, isn't she successfully "influencing" people?  Maybe not to spend money on what she's representing, but she's exerting influence. 

She's actually:  A.  Getting the attention of people she doesn't know.  B. Getting said people to read/react/interact with her posting.  C. Causing these individuals to re-post her videos. 

Now granted, these things seem mostly done to ridicule her and her husband, but the actions are taking place. They're getting attention and the conversation is all about them.  How many thousands of posts are there about them right here? 

Just like Jill, Jessa, Michelle, etc. This is exactly the techniques Jill and Derick use when they're influencing or trying to get people to read their blog. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jinger's always a dramatic streak as mentioned above. I think if she had gone to normal school and had a normal life; she might have enjoyed being in the high school drama club. 

It's possible she's trying to look dramatic or excited and isn't aware of how she comes off. People, who influence or act, etc. often practice expressions in the mirror.  She may not be aware how her face looks. 

That being said make-up influencing one of the most competitive fields of influencing if not the most. She needs to step up her game. 

Just like Jill, Jessa, Michelle, etc. This is exactly the techniques Jill and Derick use when they're influencing or trying to get people to read their blog. 

Yet.... the monetary reward is unknown and probably minescule based on the scattered nature of the products they are attempting to influence.   Pocket squares are the obvious example of silliness.

There is obviously a lack of market analysis by any of the Duggars or their agents.  And when the decent product is marketed, the effort is either half assed or bizarre.

As others have said, being an influencer takes talent and effort.  And influencing something they are passionate about.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

giphy.gif&key=2819c43c3ad1a8c4377f68e951

Clearly Meechelle taught her how to use blush.  Jesus people, go to Nordstroms and have someone teach you how to put it on.  Or Youtube.  Frankly the person who I follow on FB who does product demonstrations out of her car looked better the day she bought an Elsa makeup kit/head prosthesis (wig) and turned herself into Elsa.  And she looked jacked up!  Her name is Kristen Hampton.  HILARIOUS!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Unless she is getting sales for the company, it doesn't matter how many people are sharing or commenting. It's her conversion rate of people who actually are buying products through her that they care about it, and I suspect it is abysmal. The fact the discussion is about how Jinger looks like an incompetent ass rather than a discussion about the product also means it's a fail from a marketing perspective.  

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Has anyone looked into London whatever's mission statement? Are they pro-LBGTQ, feminists? Should we bombard them with DMs like what happened with Fonuts and the clothing line?

Good thinking!!  I’m on board!

I wonder if Jeremy knew about Free Jinger before he met her?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And they're not featuring Jinger on their pages, so it's kind of useless to tag under their most recent post. It wouldn't make any sense.

Was it a story? I can't find it on her page anymore. 

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Has anyone looked into London whatever's mission statement? Are they pro-LBGTQ, feminists? Should we bombard them with DMs like what happened with Fonuts and the clothing line?

Yes! I want them to drop her because of this.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Are they heading to AR? Maybe to film?

I just assumed they were going to visit Jeremy's family since it is a picture of him by his lonesome. I'm not sure it is in Jeremy to refer to the Duggars as his family (which is fair enough, though I find it hypocritical that he pretends to be better than them when he is truly no different). 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

How’s school, you tool?

(a poem)

Ya know, I'm thinking of pulling a fundie Yentyl and disguising myself as a man to cunningly infiltrate the seminary. Based on what Jeremy's schedule seems to be, I bet I can strike a stunning blow against the patriarchy and still be back to my day job before anyone notices I'm gone. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

How much time do they get off for Presidents Day? It's usually just a 4-day weekend.

eta: Jinger put up a new story at the dentist. Maybe Jer's pic is from the holidays? We know they're not above posting stuff that's months old.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8