Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jinger does some funny shit. Gifted, in any of what she thinks she is, she is not.

Do not embellish your skills, or lack thereof. It is not Godly. Give in quiet, no need to grandly state you are a giver. But, the best of it all......."An AVID home cook". He he he hehehe.......good comedy right there folks.

Cooking or should I say, "cooking" is only for the benefit of a moment for picture taking purposes. Let us remember, they eat out constantly (Well, Jer does. Jing just holds a baby), so really, what does this AVID cooker, cook? Jinger just can not find her little piece of social media niche. She does not stay in a lane as she has no fucking clue who SHE IS.

How is Jeremy any different than Jim B? He controls much of her life, dictates her life and from what I see or feel or believe, steers her where he wants her to be. Grosses me out. She has no choice but to smile, dye her hair, dress like a 1990s businesswoman, post stupid shit. Blah, blah, blah. Jinger has been demoted to arm candy/photo op persona. That's all. Nothing more. Someone put a big ass, stupid looking, oversized bow on her head and call her a prop too.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

How is Jeremy any different than Jim B? He controls much of her life, dictates her life and from what I see or feel or believe, steers her where he wants her to be. Grosses me out. She has no choice but to smile, dye her hair, dress like a 1990s businesswoman, post stupid shit. Blah, blah, blah. Jinger has been demoted to arm candy/photo op persona.

I agree, although I wouldn't say Jinger has been demoted, she actually went one step up from unidentifiable prop child for JB to stylish arm prop for Jeremy. Her outward life is more mainstream looking but she still has little to no say on how or when she is displayed for public consumption.

• Love 15

That group photo has to be around 11 years old.  Random observations:

Jennifer looked miserable even as a 2-year old.  

All of the boys had really high foreheads, even as kids.  The shorter haircuts really accentuated that fact. Maybe they aren't receding these days as much as we assume, because it sure looks like they didn't have much to begin with.  

They sure lost the genetic lottery as far as their hair goes.

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Reading about Jinger's Duggarish profiles and bios makes me wonder why we haven't seen any of the Ms along with Izzy and Spurgie playing the violin. 

15111636-0e62-4864-b0bc-0ead9dbbc1b0.jpg

Anna and Josh 🤮

Von Trap family they are not. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read somewhere that Ruggable takes anybody. It says something that they backed away from Jinger. Does she have to return or pay for the rug now?

I think they gave it to her, so she'll probably sell it or just keep it. Her discount code is invalid so no commission. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Are they still in the MacArthur house? I thought that was supposed to be a temporary arrangement (wink, wink). 

From Jinger's rug story, it appears that they're still in the big house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Did she get a commission for selling the rugs? As far as I know the Fitfabfun people got the box of stuff for free and no money back for people linking through their code.  The box of products was enough of incentive to keep doing it for many of them, and as far as I know, there were no penalties for keeping the stuff.  

Before we go into the same old discussion of "Is this fair?", I want to make sure she was actually make money off the deal and not just getting a free rug, which she probably gets anyway.

I doubt the rug company makes them give back the rug in any case.  I know with mattresses that if you return the mattress you've bought/had/used, the company throws it out. They can't even donate them, because there might be bed bugs, etc.  I would think it's the same with rugs unless they're rubber mats. The same issue of bugs living in the fabric. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

Once again, a company has entered into a business relationship with the Vuolos and then dropped them when they realized the baggage that came with them. Don't these companies do ANY preliminary background checks at all? It's not like it's a big secret. Five minutes on Google is all you need to learn all about Jeremy's oppressive views and the skeletons rattling around in Jinger's family closet.

• Love 24
50 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Once again, a company has entered into a business relationship with the Vuolos and then dropped them when they realized the baggage that came with them. Don't these companies do ANY preliminary background checks at all? It's not like it's a big secret. Five minutes on Google is all you need to learn all about Jeremy's oppressive views and the skeletons rattling around in Jinger's family closet.

It does seem ridiculous that nobody checks...but on the other hand, how many people do you know who don't really do their jobs with an ideal level of conscientiousness? I know pretty many! 

Plus, just basing this on the people I know, it seems to me a lot of people aren't really aware that there are a group of people with uber-traditional, close-minded views who simultaneously look like average contemporary people and run around trying to become social-media influencers for mainstream businesses.....

Most people I know seem to expect people with socially conservative views to isolate themselves a lot more and shun mainstream stuff, I think.....They expect them to be more like Meeechelle running out to protest when somebody gets a liquor license and Jill Rodriguez ranting about restaurants "allowing" trans people into the bathrooms. 

And, in the defense of these people, I do think Jer and Jingle are part of a relatively small group that figure they can have it both ways -- cherish the traditional bigotries while also getting all the benefits of being members of the mainstream culture. Many mainstream people are just taken completely by surprise when they run into people like that, I think. I think we do tend to make a lot of assumptions about people's beliefs based on how they look and present themselves. 

• Love 9

One click on IG, right under her number of followers, is the first clue to dig deeper. The average person does not mention their religion in their profile.

Christian wife, mommy, and lover of all things classical.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Most likely these companies aren't going out and hiring the Vuolos directly. The companies probably outsource to a 3rd party that matches the company with the influencers. They're small companies, it's way cheaper to pay a marketing team to do all the work. That's why they have no idea, and then they can go in and say hell no once they find out.

I'm wondering who the Vuolos are working with to land these gigs, and how long until they get dropped by that company...because no social media marketing team wants to constantly get calls from clients objecting to being represented by bigots. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One click on IG, right under her number of followers, is the first clue to dig deeper. The average person does not mention their religion in their profile.

Christian wife, mommy, and lover of all things classical.

Yes but identifying as a Christian wife wouldn’t necessarily make anyone assume that their views are as abhorrent as they are. They’re on a totally different level. 

Question for the masses that I’ve been thinking about for awhile: IF Jinger were to get a real job, do you think she would be able to maintain it without people calling in and exposing her views—sort of like with these partnerships?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

.Question for the masses that I’ve been thinking about for awhile: IF Jinger were to get a real job, do you think she would be able to maintain it without people calling in and exposing her views—sort of like with these partnerships?

if she got off social media maybe she could have a real job if that's what she wanted. Jer will never allow that. women stay home and he needs Jing's million followers

I wonder a bit if this is why Jill seems to have not many friends given her opportunities for friendship. small group at church, lives in a neighborhood that probably has young moms like her. Maybe Jill is afraid everyone will report what she says to TMZ or whatever. or thinks they only want to be her friend because she is a Duggar.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

No. A lot of these companies give out promotions like candy. Especially if the people only get a free product and no commissions.

TLC is a television network and even they can't do proper background checks.  Like the Duggar family, or the number of sex pests, etc. The latest season of Before the 90 Days (90 Day Financee) features someone with history of assault. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Yes but identifying as a Christian wife wouldn’t necessarily make anyone assume that their views are as abhorrent as they are. They’re on a totally different level. 

Question for the masses that I’ve been thinking about for awhile: IF Jinger were to get a real job, do you think she would be able to maintain it without people calling in and exposing her views—sort of like with these partnerships?

Nope, but if she stood up and explained that her views had evolved and changed (and I don’t believe they have), she would probably be able to mitigate some of that backlash. But she never will.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Well, seems to me that most jobs are quite different from the "job" of being, essentially, the face of a business that wants to sell stuff to the general public....

.An "influencer" is essentially an advertising icon, a face of the company, to some degree a symbol of a company.....And nobody wants a face of their company who might make a substantial number of your prospective customers go "Ewww!" or "Hell, no."

Your advertising icons have to be in harmony with an image your preferred consumers want to see. Many many many many famous people (with tons of social-media followers) don't have any shot at being advertising icons because companies aren't sure how consumers would react to them. 

But that doesn't mean those famous people can't get jobs. Some of them can even get jobs at companies for which they could not be advertising icons. Jobs -- or most jobs, anyway -- just aren't the same thing. A job depends on the work you do -- not on your image and all of whatever baggage your particular image carries with it. 

And as we've often said around here, there are numerous companies that would be quite happy to have Jinger's and Jeremy's faces representing them.

But they persist in allowing the stupid stupid person who represents them -- whoever he/she is -- to hook them up with companies that really want to sell to gay people, women executives, etc. .... And businesses like that can't have people with their all-too-easily-uncovered beliefs as their spokespeople. I can't figure out why Jinger, Jeremy and their stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid representative haven't concluded that by now. 

And I do agree with the people who say that companies should definitely be more careful from the start about who they accept as influencers.....

BUT...I'm also sure the company social-media managers who haven't diligently checked the D-Vs out are absolutely correct in their likely assumption -- which causes a problem in this case -- that most people who willingly sign up to be their influencers generally don't have Duggar-Vuolo-type views and would be safe choices......Because if you have Duggar-Vuolo-type views, why would you be trying to assist companies that support gay marriage, for example, in making money? You wouldn't. ....

Unless you don't know your own mind, I suppose. Or unless you don't actually believe your own supposed "principles." .... Or unless you're too stupid to realize either that influencers essentially serve as symbols of the companies they represent or that many companies can only stay in business if they attract people you and yours actively preach against.....Any or all of those could be true, I guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Maybe they don't want to hang out with her.  I suspect her husband isn't very popular with the other students.  (You know, the ones who have to attend class and can't afford to dress to the nines every day and go out for dinner every night.)  

And I honestly can’t imagine what Jinger would have to say when “hanging out.” She really is just a blank follower.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I don't think Jeremy has evolved to the point he'd let Jinger get a "real" job. Any job she got would be like what his mom does, a ministry that seems supportive but who's ultimate reason for being is to have a captive audience to proselytize to. 

As for Jinger hanging out with the other students' wives, I doubt she fits in with any of them. She's too worldly for the poor, but devote and too uneducated and naive for the more urban wives.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I think identifying as a Christian wife on SM is a red flag, that one's views may be extreme. Most Christians who are wives just don't do that. I'm guessing most Christians, married or unmarried, don't say anything about beliefs in their profiles. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
On 3/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, MonicaM said:

Maybe they don't want to hang out with her.  I suspect her husband isn't very popular with the other students.  (You know, the ones who have to attend class and can't afford to dress to the nines every day and go out for dinner every night.)  

I agree. Jer seems obnoxious, snobby egomaniac who is a brown nosed on top of that. Jinger probably adopted his personality and I just don’t see her as very smart either. People don’t like phony and those 2 are definitely phony.

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200312-182658_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d95812e6c08b5f3c40e07e254deef9da.jpg

So, will we expect to see RFP and Jingle out helping and caring for the sick homeless people on skid row. Doubt it.

🙄😑 

Free stale fonuts and a rugglable rug for the homeless that go through the Vuolo's trash.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2020 at 7:20 PM, GeeGolly said:

I think identifying as a Christian wife on SM is a red flag, that one's views may be extreme. Most Christians who are wives just don't do that. I'm guessing most Christians, married or unmarried, don't say anything about beliefs in their profiles. 

Unfortunately I agree with you, I think companies should have to avoid anyone with their religion on a public profile, unless it’s obvious they are very liberal, pro LGBT etc 

11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200312-182658_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d95812e6c08b5f3c40e07e254deef9da.jpg

So, will we expect to see RFP and Jingle out helping and caring for the sick homeless people on skid row. Doubt it.

🙄😑 

The information about early Christians is really interesting. Could I see Jeremy and Jinger doing the same? Uh No! (Maybe if there was a camera around perhaps). Also if I was sick I couldn’t think of anything worse then these two turning up at my bedside trying to convert me. I think religious people trying to convert sick/dying is the lowest of the low, I have zero respect for people like that.

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

Unfortunately I agree with you, I think companies should have to avoid anyone with their religion on a public profile, unless it’s obvious they are very liberal, pro LGBT etc 

The information about early Christians is really interesting. Could I see Jeremy and Jinger doing the same? Uh No! (Maybe if there was a camera around perhaps). Also if I was sick I couldn’t think of anything worse then these two turning up at my bedside trying to convert me. I think religious people trying to convert sick/dying is the lowest of the low, I have zero respect for people like that.

I'd let them drop off some hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes though. 😷🧼

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

they would probably take them back as soon as the cameras turned off.

wasn't that the thing with a staged duggars giving food to the needy way back?

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hey, here's an idea for them. Since the Instagram influencer thing is getting off to such a slow start 😁, maybe they should sign up to be Instacart shoppers instead. 😈 They like to shop! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

they would probably take them back as soon as the cameras turned off.

wasn't that the thing with a staged duggars giving food to the needy way back?

Yep, they showed up at a food bank with a bunch of groceries and were filmed handing it over to the staff.  One of the workers later reported that the Duggars grabbed their 'donations', hopped in their car and drove away without a backward glance once the cameras were gone.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, they showed up at a food bank with a bunch of groceries and were filmed handing it over to the staff.  One of the workers later reported that the Duggars grabbed their 'donations', hopped in their car and drove away without a backward glance once the cameras were gone.

The Duggars really have no shame do they?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

Also if I was sick I couldn’t think of anything worse then these two turning up at my bedside trying to convert me.

What's sad is that I can't even picture Jinger comforting anyone besides her daughter.  JerMe I could see, while spouting some biblical mumbo-jumbo and the cameras flashing nearby.

• Love 6