Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't believe they're tone deaf (at least not anymore). I think their preachy posts were calculated. They posted them first to not look like total assholes. 

They failed, IMHO.

He failed with me, too. 

But at least he's practicing his sermon writing now. So there's that. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

"Do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"

Where is that eye-rolling emoji?!?!

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I think Jingles enjoys being able to dress her daughter in all the things she would’ve liked to have growing up. I guess I can’t really fault her for that. She did have a really crappy childhood. She just has to be careful not to go overboard. My mom had a really bad childhood herself and always talked about how she never had her own doll. So she constantly bought me baby dolls that I really had no use for, but I never wanted to hurt her feelings by telling her to stop.

My BFF’s Mom (who died a few years ago) was like this about shoes. Another friend, her mom cried for years about how she never had her own wedding dress (never mind she’s been married to the same man for 38yrs!!). Of all the things Jinger does, dressing up your child in pretty clothes is very unremarkable. Most parents do that if they can afford it, especially for the first child. I have no criticisms on that front. 

I do like some of the outfits they choose for Felicity on a “baby fashion” level. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

My BFF’s Mom (who died a few years ago) was like this about shoes. Another friend, her mom cried for years about how she never had her own wedding dress (never mind she’s been married to the same man for 38yrs!!). Of all the things Jinger does, dressing up your child in pretty clothes is very unremarkable. Most parents do that if they can afford it, especially for the first child. I have no criticisms on that front. 

I do like some of the outfits they choose for Felicity on a “baby fashion” level. 

My mom was like that about a sister! Whenever my sister and I would fight, she’d say that if she’d had a sister, they never would have fought, because she would have been sooooo grateful to have a sister, and everything would have been lollipops and rainbows all the time! Yeah...right...

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think if we're playing armchair psychologist Jinger is doing all the things she didn't get to do as a kid. Her love of fine dining and restaurants is probably the result of years of canned food and pizza. Her attempts to make Felicity a SM star a result of how for years she was just a J'slave. Her craving for nice clothes a result of the years and years of hand-me-downs. 

The thing is nice stuff and fancy meals doesn't make up for the inner growth you need in order to leave the Gothard life. That process is so much more painful, and I don't think any of the Duggars are ready for it. Especially not with TLC still being a major source of income.

This. So much this. If the damn TeeVee show hadn't given their family money and fame linked to their damn Gothardism, the tie between them and said Gothardism would be so much weaker. 

Damn you, TLC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

No fucking way Jill isn’t still getting show money. You don’t get a leisurely, grammable, influencer life in LA on whatever small amount of equity they got from the Laredo house and whatever bullshit stipend goes with the equally bullshit scholarship RFP is grifting out of the MacArthur idiots.

That’s Jinger. 

• Love 4
On 3/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, Churchhoney said:

An attitude, aptitude and approach to life that'll go over so well when/if Jer ends up on the staff of some church somewhere.......

Well, from an outsider's perspective, that would make Jer fit right in with the leadership of any and all American evangelical church. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

A 7 minute video. Have at it. I refuse to continue watching.

Jinger must be in desperate need of a root touch-up. These next few weeks aren't going to be kind.

Felicity is very cute.

I love how Jeremy just leaves them in the dust at the two-minute mark. He treats Jinger more like the help than a wife.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

Well, from an outsider's perspective, that would make Jer fit right in with the leadership of any and all American evangelical church. 

Unfortunately, that may well be true....

But Jer's said he's hoping for a New Great Awakening and revival movement -- which he needs if he's going to make a decent salary as a preacher! .... And I'm pretty sure the attitude isn't helping churches gain -- or keep -- adherents....So if he wants to ensure his own preferred future, it'd be better to behave differently, I think! 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Re: the video. I do like that they both look more casual and not all dolled up. Jinger with no makeup  & Jerm wearing a sweatshirt without a bow tie & pocket square makes them seem more down to earth.  

Jerm needs to practice his preaching during the isolation.  I heard some Umms in his message to us.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

Re: the video. I do like that they both look more casual and not all dolled up. Jinger with no makeup  & Jerm wearing a sweatshirt without a bow tie & pocket square makes them seem more down to earth.  

Jerm needs to practice his preaching during the isolation.  I heard some Umms in his message to us.

It bugged me that Jinger’s first comment was “no makeup” as she gestured to herself. Who cares? 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

What is that stupid 'piano challenge' going to do?

Agreed. JereME used it as an example of Christian works at this time - how so? He said it would bring awareness to  Swan4kids. 

Meanwhile Jill did the challenge and as far as I can tell hasn’t gotten any public Likes from Jinger or other family. Sadly it seems like they ignore Jill on SM even though she comments on most everything they all post. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

It bugged me that Jinger’s first comment was “no makeup” as she gestured to herself. Who cares? 

Oops, I missed that.  I was just going by what i saw when I made my comment.  I agree, she didn't need to bring it to our attention. 

• Love 5

It looked to me that Jinger only challenged Jana and Erin Paine in that post, not Jill. (Yes, there was that "everybody join" throwaway line).  Maybe Jill sticking her desperate-to-be-noticed nose in it may have annoyed Jing.  It would have annoyed me.  But then, everything Jill does annoys me, so there's that..... 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jinger strikes me as being very insecure.  Her “no makeup” comment was probably her attempt at beating the haters before they could judge her—on Instagram and in her psyche. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 20

Jeremy must be so pissed that he can’t dress up and wear pocket squares and prance around grifting free food and coffee. 

🤣🤣🤣

Is he even pretend studying at home? 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well maybe she's pregnant but it seems a sneaky way to stir up leghumpers. And what has pregnancy got to do with the challenge? 

but how else will they get attention now??

no shopping, restaurant etc pics to post.

people might forget about them if they don't drop something for people to speculate on and talk about.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 3/22/2020 at 11:00 AM, BigBingerBro said:

They just love emulating A-list celebrities on lockdown.  It's the perfect situation for them.

Especially since they are, you know, the breakout stars of the Counting On series. 🙄

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2020 at 7:45 AM, Chicklet said:

What's with the #healthyfitpregnancy tag? I'm confused.

According to fundie tumbr (particularly keepingupwiththefundies), this hashtag wasn't part of the original swan4kids post. People on Instagram are asking her if she's pregnant and with that hashtag she's deserves to be asked. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 3/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, Chicklet said:

Well maybe she's pregnant but it seems a sneaky way to stir up leghumpers. And what has pregnancy got to do with the challenge? 

I'm too lazy/don't want to/ watch her silly video. What is "The Challenge?"

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm too lazy/don't want to/ watch her silly video. What is "The Challenge?"

For some reason, it's to make a video of yourself playing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." 

What this has to do with anything, how it might especially relate to Diana's organization, and why it's a "challenge" of any kind, I have no idea. I do think it's quite possible that Diana V (or whoever came up with the idea of this "challenge") has no idea either (except that it vaguely relates to music and God...) It seems random and pointless as heck....

Maybe the idea is....Hey, let's start an online "challenge" that won't help anybody with anything at all and is so very not catchy or meaningful or interesting that it has absolutely no chance of going viral in, like, a million years!

Thinking Diana (If she's the one who thought this up -- Maybe Jingle or Jer thought this up???) may be about as effective a communicator as Jingle and Jer. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The point is for people to hear about the organization and find out more information about it. It's a slightly religious charity that gives music lessons to kids who otherwise lack access to music lesson.  The song is simple so people, who are beginners, can participate. More people increases visability. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2