Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

(All jest aside, I actually love that she’s dressed comfortably in neutral & non-descript play clothes and allowed to participate in regular toddler activities, instead of being dragged to adult meals in her frilly doll clothes. They are doing something right here).

Maybe, just maybe, after nonstop preening for the camera in his fancy clothes, and dressing up his wife and child, as he dragged his meek wife from one "influencer" PR f*ckup to another - Jeremee's tired out and is all "just shoot some cute footage of the kid at home and post it."

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doug's group was into cosplay. I don't see Jer doing that. 😂

What kind of cosplay were they into? A lot of the Reformed fundie wannabe pastors I knew were super into fantasy stuff. I don't know if any of them did cosplay, but it wouldn't surprise me.

One was into parkour, but he wasn't very good at it. 🤣

I think one of the more surreal moments I experienced in life among the Calvinists was a bunch of them discovered Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time. I guess since they didn't discover it until college, they thought nobody else had heard of it. They kept quoting it to each other like it was an inside joke nobody would get and then they were startled other people got the references. It encapsulated their hipster tendencies and sheltering very well. I was surprised they watched it to begin with! 

The idea of Jeremy doing cosplay is making me laugh so hard right now. It seems like something he would think was beneath his dignity. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Zella said:

What kind of cosplay were they into? A lot of the Reformed fundie wannabe pastors I knew were super into fantasy stuff. I don't know if any of them did cosplay, but it wouldn't surprise me.

One was into parkour, but he wasn't very good at it. 🤣

I think one of the more surreal moments I experienced in life among the Calvinists was a bunch of them discovered Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time. I guess since they didn't discover it until college, they thought nobody else had heard of it. They kept quoting it to each other like it was an inside joke nobody would get and then they were startled other people got the references. It encapsulated their hipster tendencies and sheltering very well. I was surprised they watched it to begin with! 

The idea of Jeremy doing cosplay is making me laugh so hard right now. It seems like something he would think was beneath his dignity. 

Phillips et al are into highly romanticized battle reenactments. Various wars. They really really like the idea of those romantic, romantic wars. 

• Love 3
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Phillips et al are into highly romanticized battle reenactments. Various wars. They really really like the idea of those romantic, romantic wars. 

Ah okay they're re-enactors. That's an interesting crowd. Some of them are really into community education, but I doubt that is the case with this bunch. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think they dressed up like the upper class of the Titanic from time to time.

Oh God, I can just picture Jeremy and Jingle dressing up like various famous historical figures or historical Christians.

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh God, I can just picture Jeremy and Jingle dressing up like various famous historical figures or historical Christians.

The Titanic!!!!! YAAAAAS! They were all in on the 100th anniversary. Even his youngest kids dressed up for those events.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Will the lifeboats be seated according to salvation?"

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Titanic!!!!! YAAAAAS! They were all in on the 100th anniversary. Even his youngest kids dressed up for those events.

I only remember seeing a picture somewhere, I thought they do it all the time. I guess for 100 anniversary it is kind of acceptable. You know, to cosplay people who died horribly, for laughs.

Maybe Jeremy can show off his body by wearing a loincloth, or toga, and Jingle can dress up as a lion.  Ancient Christians. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, the Phillips crowd (like the Botkins) are heavily into the history of the moneyed and powerful, it seems......Especially of the European variety. .... Real snob factor.   It's how they conceive of themselves. (Mike Seewald's a wannabe in that direction too, I think -- probably why Vision Forum appealed to him...) 

I can't see Jer dressing up as most historical Christians, even Charlie Spurgeon. But, come to think of it, I CAN see him dressing himself and his two dress-up dolls like the wealthy and powerful of Europe, just like the Vision Forum creeps......

.I can see him dressing up like his favorite Night Watch pocket square, for example!.....Or maybe like some of the more hoity-toity Puritan fathers.....the ones who were fixated on their own power....

I guess this love for the wealthy of Europe of the last four centuries or so could be a 21st-century U.S. Calvinist sort of thing....... 

Of course, Jer might end up confusing the issue by wearing the garb of a wealthy Puritan and then putting on some Air Jordans with it in an attempt to grab the attention of everybody. I don't see Jer having much ability to stay in a lane....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Wait. Is this child a boy or a girl? How can I be sure it’s a girl when she’s wearing what looks to be the clothes of a boy and has no bow in her hair?  Surely the lack of feminine dress and hair accessory is most displeasing to the Lord, never mind the fact she’s dancing and to ‘popular’ music! No wonder Jinge had to wait an hour in line for the Walmart check-out.  

(All jest aside, I actually love that she’s dressed comfortably in neutral & non-descript play clothes and allowed to participate in regular toddler activities, instead of being dragged to adult meals in her frilly doll clothes. They are doing something right here).

The reason she is not dressed up is because LA is shut down so no where to go to show off and grift for free food 🥘 aka “influence”

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I can see him dressing up like his favorite Night Watch pocket square, for example!.....Or maybe like some of the more hoity-toity Puritan fathers.....

I got it: Sherlock Holmes! 

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Maybe, just maybe, after nonstop preening for the camera in his fancy clothes, and dressing up his wife and child, as he dragged his meek wife from one "influencer" PR f*ckup to another - Jeremee's tired out and is all "just shoot some cute footage of the kid at home and post it."

Idk I think they posted that to try to convince the public that they are not as fundie as people think - see, we let our daughter dance and wear gender neutral clothes! Maybe the next I influencing gig won’t fall apart like the others! All without actually renouncing their bigoted beliefs.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe the next I influencing gig won’t fall apart like the others! All without actually renouncing their bigoted beliefs.

As long as that petition he signed is floating out there and he doesn't say anything, I don't think any secular company is going to keep company with him once it is brought to their attention, no matter what they post to prove they're "normal." 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Idk I think they posted that to try to convince the public that they are not as fundie as people think - see, we let our daughter dance and wear gender neutral clothes! Maybe the next I influencing gig won’t fall apart like the others! All without actually renouncing their bigoted beliefs.

That's exactly what it is. They know people have noticed how uncomfortable Jinger looks at the mention of dancing, so what do they do? Have Jinger post a video of Felicity dancing as proof of how much their beliefs have changed, without actually saying anything. They're going to keeping doing things like this, seemingly doing things that contradict what they've said about their beliefs in the past but never address it. They're going to end up doing something like attend a performance of LA's Gay Men's Chorus to show how woke they are. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's exactly what it is. They know people have noticed how uncomfortable Jinger looks at the mention of dancing, so what do they do? Have Jinger post a video of Felicity dancing as proof of how much their beliefs have changed, without actually saying anything. They're going to keeping doing things like this, seemingly doing things that contradict what they've said about their beliefs in the past but never address it. They're going to end up doing something like attend a performance of LA's Gay Men's Chorus to show how woke they are. 

I’d love to see them enrol Felicity in hip hop classes in a local dance studio. Then send her to public school where she wears skinny jeans and attends school dances with actual boys. Then Felicity attends Coachella and sends them pics and videos of all the debauchery. At that point I might believe JinJer have evolved. 🤣 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger got papped in short shorts.

NINTCHDBPICT000564632233.thumb.jpg.490b00032f9ee054622f91d78d7074ca.jpgNINTCHDBPICT000564633954.jpg.32199c214bc3355e073a5192e519dcf4.jpgNINTCHDBPICT000564633920.thumb.jpg.48c37c90031d54fb3b27d73065b0bfbb.jpg

Kate Gosselin would tell her TLC pap, Chris, when to show up to take pics. Nothing has changed, including the faux angry expression.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Kate Gosselin would tell her TLC pap, Chris, when to show up to take pics. Nothing has changed, including the faux angry expression.  

Faux anger or gas? 😁

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Someone definitely tipped off the paps. The woman who took the pictures posted this last year on her Instagram. She has worked for TLC before. 

According to her IG, she has taken most of Jinger's papped pics.

• Useful 15
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Short shorts pic is older. Her hair is longer than in the other, post haircut, pics.

Those were the shorts Jingle was wearing in the tabloid pictures that showed up last summer or fall, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Those were the shorts Jingle was wearing in the tabloid pictures that showed up last summer or fall, I think. 

Yup, this same woman also took those pictures.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder how many jobs are actually more humiliating than being the paparazzo-on-call for a bunch of D-listers from reality tv.....

I never thought I'd feel sorry for a paparazzo, but here we are. Those fundies might be onto something about the end times.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20200318-182327_Instagram.thumb.jpg.df814521800bd5d5a4d281893866e4c6.jpgScreenshot_20200318-182425_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c07d1555b345c56e8f96028c1a63beed.jpg

Jinger is pushing a more expensive knockoff of the Revlon brush dryer. There is a similar knockoff on Amazon for $39, I think this brand just adds their logo and uses influencers to sell it at a supposed discounted price. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200318-182327_Instagram.thumb.jpg.df814521800bd5d5a4d281893866e4c6.jpgScreenshot_20200318-182425_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c07d1555b345c56e8f96028c1a63beed.jpg

Jinger is pushing a more expensive knockoff of the Revlon brush dryer. There is a similar knockoff on Amazon for $39, I think this brand just adds their logo and uses influencers to sell it at a supposed discounted price. 

ANNNNND - the Redditors are already on it, contacting the company to let them know all about Jinger. 🤣 any bets on how long it will be before they drop her?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Bad timing, Jingle. I can't imagine people are going to waste money on a hair dryer given the current economic climate.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Way to be tone deaf, Jingle. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Way to be tone deaf, Jingle. 

Well, THEY aren't suffering. I really doubt they have thought about the economic repercussions others are suffering. 

• Love 19
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Well, THEY aren't suffering. I really doubt they have thought about the economic repercussions others are suffering. 

It's the Vuolo equivalent of "Let them eat cake!" 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

An attitude, aptitude and approach to life that'll go over so well when/if Jer ends up on the staff of some church somewhere.......

• Love 9

Well, according to Jer on his IG Live yesterday, coronavirus is equal to SIN. That'll play well with the elderly. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Autocorrect really knows Jer. But not this time
  • Love 4

I don't think it's that bad. A lot of people may engage in some light on-line "retail therapy" to help tide the isolation. I mean not everyone can afford to make random purchases, but some people can. 

16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

An attitude, aptitude and approach to life that'll go over so well when/if Jer ends up on the staff of some church somewhere.......

Yeah there is the same he's a minister, be-in-the-world, not-of-the-world stuff we always get with the Vuolos. 

It would be good for Jinger to see how influencers really work and the pitfalls of being one. And I predict influencing gigs are on the rise as a job people can do from home. Buckle up Duggars there are a lot more people vying for these coveted influencing positions. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3