Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

They really couldn’t look any more bored if they tried. And now someone else is wearing the Lauren black hat of imitation - they don’t have any original thoughts either do they?  I can’t tell if it’s Jessa. 

Felicity and her facial expressions are priceless. "Mom, who are these peasants and what time is our flight back to L.A.?" I thought Sam was the master of side-eye, but he's got some serious competition!

Bella is a gorgeous baby.

Everyone else is a blur.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That hat looks ridiculous on Jessa. She just can't carry a look like that off. 

No, she definitely can't. Jessa has a stick-in-the-mud personality. She can't pull off the free-spirited boho look to save her life. Trends aren't for everyone.

So was Jill not invited to breakfast? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

Thank you @Lunera, I couldn’t find an insta story if my child’s life depended on it. 

Jinger does not look puffy to me. Watch me be dead wrong.

I concur that Jessa can’t pull off that hat.  That is one awful look on her.

Waiting for pics of Jinger with at least Jill and the boys. I won’t hold my breath since I’m invested in the staying alive thing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Pics from Jinger's Instagram. Jessa with that ridiculous hat. Jinger looks super puffy.

20200228_115547.thumb.jpg.ec5e3b0e6c3aaa0a796bcaaebe31cd48.jpg

Didn't notice this at first but someone on another site pointed out that Jessa turned the high chair upside down and is using it to hold up her carseat. Looks like Anna did the same with MaraYella's carseat. Is that a thing?

Edited by Lunera
12 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Didn't notice this at first but someone on another site pointed out that Jessa turned the high chair upside down and is using it to hold up her carseat. Looks like Anna did the same with MaraYella's carseat. Is that a thing?

And is it safe?  Bella has some big ol peepers!  I didn't think Jingle looked puffy.  I agree with everyone that the hat is not suited for Jessa.  Bless her heart.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It is in south Louisiana and has been for years. It actually works quite well as long as it’s the standard wooden high chair and is much safer than placing a carseat on a chair or booth seat.  Even the servers will do it for you sometimes. I’ve done it myself so I can’t knock her for that one.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 9
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I have seen that before. 

• Love 3

I don't think Jill is going to be in any family group pictures anymore after the latest round of warfare. I'm pretty sure whatever remaining contact she had with the family didn't survive Derick's latest repeated Twitter outbursts, especially the reveal about her not being allowed in the TTC without Jim Bob's okay/being there. I do tend to not believe Derick on anything he says, but I actually think that was true. It was so oddly specific--and a rare thing he was consistent about.

Jill seems to be pretty firmly on Derick's side, based on the passive aggressive digs she's been making about her upbringing, and I don't think any of the other kids are going to defy Big Daddy Jim Bob and risk their own place in the family by publicizing any contact with the black sheep. 

All that's to say, I would be shocked shitless if Jingle posts any pics with Jill while she is in Arkansas. That's true for Jill with any of her siblings, really, even the ones from her buddy group. 

I think even if any of them did want to hang out, the combined pettiness of Derick and JB, plus the suspicions of anyone's motives for suggesting it, would kill the plan in its tracks.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7

Bella’s bow looks ridiculous. So bald and Duggary lol.

28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow. No Jill. Was she not invited? Did Jill say no?

Most likely she was not invited.

6 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Maybe she's there for the reading of Grandma Mary's will.  It will be all hands on deck for that one.

Oooo that sounds plausible and excellent thinking!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

yes it is a thing they are made for that it seems. i see it all the time

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

No, she definitely can't. Jessa has a stick-in-the-mud personality. She can't pull off the free-spirited boho look to save her life. Trends aren't for everyone.

So was Jill not invited to breakfast? 

The hat thing is annoying me more than it should 🙂. So not only is she wearing the same Lauren hat, the coat/jacket look is the same (or very similar) to the look Lauren wore in her hat Instagram post. So has Lauren joined the community closet?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Maybe she's there for the reading of Grandma Mary's will.  It will be all hands on deck for that one.

Grandma died 8 months ago.  Does anybody really think that main heir Jim Bob allowed his mother's body to even cool before he started pulling out his lion's share of cash, property and other assets? 

She was a Duggar, not a Getty.  I'm betting she had a trust and that thing was through probate within about 90 days, with JB as executor.  If things are set up right, there's no waiting around for courts or lawyers to make any decisions. 

Nor do I believe they did the TV trope of everybody gathering solemnly, dressed in black & sniffling in grief while a distinguished family lawyer read off pages of individual family bequests.  JB probably emailed the kidults to let them know what trinkets they got, then laughed all the way to the bank.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 24

geeeez, Jinger!!!! So tired of seeing her in business attire. I just can’t imagine any person in their mid-twenties who had never worked in a corporate environment choosing to dress like that. It especially doesn’t go with what we know about Jinger, or even the image they hope to create of a sophisticated Betty Crocker. It makes me think jeremy imagines this to be the “mega pastor wife” look. It also makes me think that Jeremy fantasized about marrying a blonde businesswoman, but couldn’t do that, because she wouldn’t be meek, and definitely wouldn’t worship him. Plus, there’s that pesky thing called outearning him, and that would hurt his ego too much! Technically Jinger outearns him, but at least it’s not due to her brains. Anyway, he wanted the hot blonde businesswoman, but married a meek thirteen-year-old instead, and got it on the surface level. It makes me so sad for Jinge. I have a hard time believing this persona is really her. I wish she had found someone who appreciated her in all her boho, eyelined, artsy glory, since that seems to be her genuine taste. 

ETA: speaking of Jinger being mentally thirteen, it makes me think about what my mom constantly told me at that age: “if someone wants you to change for them, they’re not your real friend.” I wish Jinger had had someone who cared enough about her to give her similar advice. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 23

So Jinger is excited to meet Bella, but not Maryella. Am I missing something? If she hadn't been back to AR for a visit, how had she met Maryella before? Or is Maryella snubbed. I know she met Ivy when Jessa was visiting California. 

I notice Kendra and Addison/Garrett aren't there. Nor are Abbie and Grace. So many baby nieces so little time! 

That definitely looks filmed so it makes sense no Jill.

As for the picture of Jinger, Jeremy, and Lissy, I have no idea if Jinger is pregnant, but that outfit looks like it would conceal a small bump well.  I tend to lean toward Jinger and Jeremy having another baby soon, because there's usually push (pun intended) to get to two kids even among non-fundies.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

yes it is a thing they are made for that it seems. i see it all the time

Taking something with a wide base of support, and flipping it so it now has a much narrow base of support would kind of be the opposite of what it is made for.  To me, this is just like sticking a car seat and a stroller, just because it works in the baby the night doesn’t mean it’s safe, even if everyone does it. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

geeeez, Jinger!!!! So tired of seeing her in business attire. I just can’t imagine any person in their mid-twenties who had never worked in a corporate environment choosing to dress like that. It especially doesn’t go with what we know about Jinger, or even the image they hope to create of a sophisticated Betty Crocker. It makes me think jeremy imagines this to be the “mega pastor wife” look. It also makes me think that Jeremy fantasized about marrying a blonde businesswoman, but couldn’t do that, because she wouldn’t be meek, and definitely wouldn’t worship him. Plus, there’s that pesky thing called outearning him, and that would hurt his ego too much! Technically Jinger outearns him, but at least it’s not due to her brains. Anyway, he wanted the hot blonde businesswoman, but married a meek thirteen-year-old instead, and got it on the surface level. It makes me so sad for Jinge. I have a hard time believing this persona is really her. I wish she had found someone who appreciated her in all her boho, eyelined, artsy glory, since that seems to be her genuine taste. 

ETA: speaking of Jinger being mentally thirteen, it makes me think about what my mom constantly told me at that age: “if someone wants you to change for them, they’re not your real friend.” I wish Jinger had had someone who cared enough about her to give her similar advice. 

Who took the photo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yeah, those types of high chairs are built to do that. (I’ve worked in a lot of restaurants that used them). They’re actually really stable. Like someone else said, much more stable than putting the baby in a booth or anything.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

A will is a will.  Grandma's estate would have been dissolved months ago.

I think they're still trying to sell the Pool House (unless it sold recently). I wonder who gets the proceeds?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think you're probably quite right about what happens. But I have a dream that part of Jinge's desire for city living was envisioning herself as a career woman of some kind earning money and spending time in a regular city-type workplace, going out after work, and so on. In which case, I can imagine she's thinking of that when she buys her quite office-y wardrobe.....😊

I base this on absolutely nothing except wishful thinking that stems in part from what I read about her mentioning influencing as a "career" that might be enhanced by living in a house somehow connected to megafamous Charlie Chaplin.....

My wishful thinking imagines that sometime early in life she accidentally got a look at the Mary Tyler Moore Show or some such and felt a secret yearning to join the Gothard-Duggar-forbidden world of career women who earn their own paychecks, steer their own destiny, and aspire to rise in some way other than just being a Christian wife pulled upward on a chain behind her husband-the-career-ladder-ascending-sexist-uppity-church-pastor.......

I want her to secretly want that and I really really don't want it to be true that Jer has any hand at all in picking her clothing...

Obviously my wishful thought is unlikely to be the case, though. Any advice Jingle got or gets currently went/goes like this: “If someone your headship wants you to change for themhim, they’re not your real friend do it immediately because he's the one whose umbrella is closest to Jesus.” I've heard Jer talk about having the opportunity to "lead" Jingle spiritually too often to think it's otherwise.....

Still, maybe she does have a personal yearning for office-y clothes, and Jer has nothing to do with it. That'd be some assertion of her own individuality, anyway! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From what I found, grandma’s house was sold on February 25th for $428,000.

The big round reno also sold in the past week or so, I think. -- Apparently the staging really worked wonders. .... Cause it sold for $1.53 million, I think (well, I'm sure about the $1.5....not sure what the last digit there was....) 

So Jim Bob's raked it in this month -- $2 million .....Maybe he called the clan together to generously divvy up the money among them. .... 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

The big round reno also sold in the past week or so, I think. -- Apparently the staging really worked wonders. .... Cause it sold for $1.53 million, I think (well, I'm sure about the $1.5....not sure what the last digit there was....) 

So Jim Bob's raked it in this month -- $2 million .....Maybe he called the clan together to generously divvy up the money among them. .... 😁

How much did they owe on that house?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From what I found, grandma’s house was sold on February 25th for $428,000.

Wow, that's recent! Boob certainly is raking it in if the wretched round house also sold. 

I hope Mechelle treated everyone to that girls' breakfast (and actually tipped). Too much? Probably.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder how many of these sales are tear downs to developers because of lot size and how many are simply churns.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

How much did they owe on that house?

Dunno. I've never seen any financial info about any of the houses except asking prices and selling prices, as I recall. He's certainly sunk a fair amount of cash into some of the places over time -- renovations, taxes....Beyond that, I've got no idea....Maybe somebody else does? 

3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Wonder how many of these sales are tear downs to developers because of lot size and how many are simply churns.

Maybe he's helping somebody out by laundering cash through his properties. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

It's funny, one of my nieces, who used to watch some soap opera, always wanted business attire clothing like she saw some of the women wearing on the show. She went through this phase about 20+ years ago. She was around 11, 12, 13 years old.

Maybe Jing is buying clothing like what she's on the female side of Jeremy's pocket square stores. She was way more boho thrift before she met Jeremy.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe he's helping somebody out by laundering cash through his properties. 

‘Maybe’. 

So between Michelle, Jim Bob and all the married couples, its $250k each, right? More if you don’t count Jill. Not that I think everyone gets an equal slice of the pie.    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

‘Maybe’. 

So between Michelle, Jim Bob and all the married couples, its $250k each, right? More if you don’t count Jill. Not that I think everyone gets an equal slice of the pie.    

I don't think anyone will see a slice of that pie until JB & M are dead.

I think the Duggar employees are paid weekly by JB for their 'work'. I'm guessing if JB controls the TLC purse they are given set sums for their TV appearances.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

‘Maybe’. 

Yeah, it does if all that money for the round house is actually profit.....

But he had to have spent a bundle renovating that place --... That would cut into their take significantly -- if there was a take for anybody but JB and M...which I doubt! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

It’s possible Mary’s house was paid for. As for the brick oven house, IIRC they paid five hundred thousand for it and it was a mess. They probably sank another $300-500k into remodeling it. 

So total net commissions and closing costs on both places is maybe $800k, plus they will probably have to pay capital gains tax on the round nightmare, but not until next year’s taxes. Although I suspect they have some bullshit tax dodge that avoids rendering unto Caesar, ever.

So $800k net. That doesn’t go far among the vast unemployed swath of adult couples.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Definitely a thing. They’re both a high chair and baby seat holder. I questioned a manager thoroughly when my son was in a carrier 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I'ts just sad seeing Jinger playing dress up in the clothes Jeremy chose for her. I guess curly brown haired Jinger dressed in colorful boho clothing just doesn't go with RFPs three piece suits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Plus, sadly, we know that Jinger is well aware of his “type,” considering he tells her any time he is tempted. Most people would just...you know...marry people who are their “type,” or deviate that but be satisfied with the difference. I’ve always been a fan of wholesome, intelligent men who work hard. I can’t imagine finding some sort of tattooed, pierced Goth guy (not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s not my “type”) who is happy and content working part time on the weekends as a bartender and living in his parents’ basement. I can’t imagine seeing that he has SOMETHING that I want (like coming from a famous family), and genuinely being attracted to him, but wanting him to change. Especially in a culture where men are forced to do whatever women say. And then I marry him and force him to laser remove his tattoos, get rid of his piercings, start wearing business suits, and make him to go college to study finance. That’s essentially what I feel jeremy has done with Jinger, although she didn’t have a super developed sense of self in the first place. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That’s essentially what I feel jeremy has done with Jinger, although she didn’t have a super developed sense of self in the first place. 

And this is one of the exciting features offered you when you choose a wife from a patriarchal assembly line like the TTH. Squelching any sign of an incipient sense of self in children, especially girl children, is one of the services JB and M perform for the future patriarchs of our nation, doncha know. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And this is one of the exciting features offered you when you choose a wife from a patriarchal assembly line like the TTH. Squelching any sign of an incipient sense of self in children, especially girl children, is one of the services JB and M perform for the future patriarchs of our nation, doncha know. 

Exactly! And what makes it even sadder to me is that the few signs of individuality that Jinger WAS allowed have been squelched. Like 2% of her true self shone through, and now it’s no more. 

• Love 6

I'm not sure RFP has learned Greek at seminary, but I think Jinger has picked up some high end preacher's wife style since they've been in LA. The overall look is very different but some of the key ideas (classic, dressy, conservative without being in your face about it) remind me a lot of my grandmother who was a minister's wife from the 40s to the 2000s. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6