Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I just knew you would be familiar with all these Godly people @Churchhoney. lol.

My head is about to explode just reading this. I can’t believe the way these people live. Every day they live in fear of doing something sinful. Don’t any of them have a moral compass, or a smidgen of common sense that tells them the difference between right and wrong without interjecting God into every. little.thing.? 

And lo and behold, there’s Jeremy smack in the middle. So,we know he’s part of the fold no matter how smooth he is on the outside.

You couldn’t pay me to attend this drivel.

Me neither. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why isn't Derelict speaking? He is THE greatest missionator of all time. He sacrificed his family's safety by going to Danger America for the Lord.  I guess it coincides with law school.

Who is David Platt?  He's mentioned a few time in the replies.

Do the speakers get paid?  If so, how much?  I would hope if they do get paid they would give it back to a mission fund. 

And Jeremy is an expert because of his zero years in the field?

• Love 21

That’s some interesting info you posted @Churchhoney thanks. 

Smacking a shy child so they won’t be shy anymore? Disgusting! I was a shy child and am still a shy adult at times, smacking me would’ve made me even less likely to speak. 

And don’t even get me started on dressing modestly BS, these people shouldn’t be allowed to raise a dog never mind children. 

• Love 17

Voddie's an asshole. I have no clue how his daughter Jasmine turned out to be so normal. She has one kid, pregnant with a second, yet she's still working as a teacher. She was featured in VF's Return of the Daughters, proclaiming that she wD a SAHD and proud of it. She's since written of her regret participating in that mess.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Am I the only one who wishes Jinger would stay her clingy ass home instead of dragging that young baby through germy terminals and airplanes?  Breastfeeding does not give your baby full immunity and cold and flu season is ramping up. 

OMG. Me too. Stay home FFS!

• Love 12

Just think:  in 20 years, Pastor (Reverend?) Godly Mr. Stud-Muffin Jeremy will be "handing off" (to quote Boob, the misogynist asshole) little Lissy to some famewhore man (just like he was, when dear Jer made a mission trip, to get next to a genuine Duggar virgin.)

Does our little Jin not trust Jer enough to let him go anyplace without her and baby in tow?  Nice that they can afford all that airfare.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Does our little Jin not trust Jer enough to let him go anyplace without her and baby in tow?

I dunno, this is a girl who was raised (or at least spent her teenage years) traveling all together as a family all the time, whether it was stinkbus or airplane, whether there were new babies or medically fragile toddlers (Josie). She doesn't know any other way. Now, I'm sure Jeremy could point out to her that it might be smarter to stay home and she'd go along with it, but I bet he enjoys having his "famous" bride with him, so he'll do no such thing.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Am I the only one who wishes Jinger would stay her clingy ass home instead of dragging that young baby through germy terminals and airplanes?  Breastfeeding does not give your baby full immunity and cold and flu season is ramping up. 

I'm 99% sure all the preaching gigs Jermy is getting are because of his Duggar wife. She's the one people want to meet not his boring ass. The Vuolo's also use Jinger's name to sell tickets for their SWAN event.

• Love 17

In their circles, wives always travel with their husbands, especially when they only have one baby or after the kids are grown.  If he showed up by himself, even if his wife wasn’t famous, he’d get the side eye from the little old ladies in the pews. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy even like living in Laredo. It seems like they jump on every opportunity to skip town rather than establish themselves in the community and grow their church.

I think I remember Jeremy saying in an episode that his dream place to live was LA. I'm pretty sure it was during a newlywed game. 

Pretty sure the reason they didn't move there for his Masters classes was because Jinger was pregnant. 

• Love 3

How many times has little Felicity, born this past July, boarded an airplane? Too many IMO. All that traveling that she's doing will not develop good baby sleeping habits. The girl has no daily routine for eating and sleeping. Just like the rest of the Duggar children...up and out late at night, waking up and sleeping all hours....not a healthy lifestyle. I'm surprised, really, that Jinger and Jeremy aren't at home more at this time. This child hasn't slowed them down one bit. It appears that Jeremy is a 'guest pastor' at his own church due to hardly being there.

• Love 8

I think it's too much, but I may have a different perspective, because my parents didn't fly with us until high school! Lol! Of course, we would have behaved fine from elementary school up, but they just didn't have anywhere they had to fly. Still, they said they were happy to put off big trips, or drive (I'll never forget the 12-hour drive to Disney!) until we were old enough, out of respect for other passengers. I personally don't think this is too much to ask for most people, but then again, the Vuolos are a pretty far drive, and even the Duggars are. I just wish Felicity didn't have to go to all Jeremy's conferences, and unnecessary places like that! If Jinger and Jeremy were normal, I'd figure they had normal reasons, but it bugs me because her SOLE purpose of being there (along with jinger's, honestly) is to be publicity and garner them lots of attention. Isn't that the kind of thing the speakers at that conference are speaking against? The secondary reason is that clingy Jinger can't be alone, and/or Jeremy's not "supposed" to be alone. This whole belief system is silly! I'd hate to know I was risking my child (probably not fully vaccinated child; not sure how the schedule works, but she seems young to have everything) catching the flu or something because I was too weak and needy to just stay home. I don't think the simple fact that she's flown a lot is a problem, but I do think the stupid reasons are a problem. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I think it's too much, but I may have a different perspective, because my parents didn't fly with us until high school! Lol! Of course, we would have behaved fine from elementary school up, but they just didn't have anywhere they had to fly. Still, they said they were happy to put off big trips, or drive (I'll never forget the 12-hour drive to Disney!) until we were old enough, out of respect for other passengers. I personally don't think this is too much to ask for most people, but then again, the Vuolos are a pretty far drive, and even the Duggars are. I just wish Felicity didn't have to go to all Jeremy's conferences, and unnecessary places like that! If Jinger and Jeremy were normal, I'd figure they had normal reasons, but it bugs me because her SOLE purpose of being there (along with jinger's, honestly) is to be publicity and garner them lots of attention. Isn't that the kind of thing the speakers at that conference are speaking against? The secondary reason is that clingy Jinger can't be alone, and/or Jeremy's not "supposed" to be alone. This whole belief system is silly! I'd hate to know I was risking my child (probably not fully vaccinated child; not sure how the schedule works, but she seems young to have everything) catching the flu or something because I was too weak and needy to just stay home. I don't think the simple fact that she's flown a lot is a problem, but I do think the stupid reasons are a problem. 

Exactly!  @Loves2Dance had legitimate reasons for flying.  You can’t realistically drive to any countries except Canada and Mexico, and babies that are internationally adopted make those flights every day.    

But just to tag along during flu season seems crazy to me especially since children have become gravely ill.  Today’s  flu viruses are nothing to play with.  I know of two recent cases of RSV alone.  

Does flying frequently with a baby make them bad parents? Absolutely not! But as @Christina87 said, it such a silly reason to expose her at a vulnerable time.  And let’s not forget Jinger is probably getting her parenting advice from MOTY so there’s that.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Stupid double post
  • Love 3

I have a different perspective as well- I took my first flight at 5yrs old (to Disney World) because all of my family lives in Chicago and my Mom firmly believed her vacation time was a time to get AWAY from her children, until such an age I could enjoy a vacation - that age was 5 in her mind.  (So I don’t get why people take babies and toddlers on vacation- defeats the purpose, but I know that’s coming from a place of privilege where not everyone has access to affordable trust worthy childcare). 

That being said I don’t mind babies and toddlers on flights, they have to get to places too, but like @Christina87 I don’t GET why you would bother. I suppose Jinger and Jeremy have Felicity on planes because they want to travel and want to bring her along. People have to raise their kids how they want and I don’t think it’s damaging to her to be on a plane right now.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have a different perspective as well- I took my first flight at 5yrs old (to Disney World) because all of my family lives in Chicago and my Mom firmly believed her vacation time was a time to get AWAY from her children, until such an age I could enjoy a vacation - that age was 5 in her mind.  (So I don’t get why people take babies and toddlers on vacation- defeats the purpose, but I know that’s coming from a place of privilege where not everyone has access to affordable trust worthy childcare). 

That being said I don’t mind babies and toddlers on flights, they have to get to places too,@Christina87 

That's funny, my mom was the same way. My first flight was at six years of age and we went to Disney as well. 

• Love 2

Wow. I didn’t get to fly until I was in high school!  However, my mother took me in a three day train trip from Southern California to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan when I was six.  

I’ve hated trains ever since...

14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Wow. I didn’t get to fly until I was in high school!  However, my mother took me in a three day train trip from Southern California to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan when I was six.  

I’ve hated trains ever since...

I took a train trip to Canada at 6. On that trip I learned to do a French braid. 

I think a train trip would be fun for a small child, but the USA is such a car culture I don’t think most families do them often. It will be interesting to see how the families travel if they have more children. My mom and I always travel as a family of TWO, logistically that’s different than traveling as a family 5-6ppl. Even if your children have a good temperament for traveling. Jinger’s other infants may not travel as much as felicity has for that reason. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

That's funny, my mom was the same way. My first flight was at six years of age and we went to Disney as well. 

My first plane trip was at age 25 after I'd graduated med school.  One of my younger sisters flew to Florida with a friend's family when she was around 14.  All the rest of us flew as adults.  For that matter, I only remember my parents taking one plane trip, to a sales convention my father attended when I was around 5.  My mom didn't fly again until I took her to Florida when I was 30.  For my father, it was longer than that.  We flew to Chicago for Thanksgiving with my sister when I was around 40.  Flying away on vacation wasn't something most of us lower middle class kids did.

• Love 13
On 11/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, awaken said:

I think johannah looks so grown up suddenly!  To me she resembles josh, jinger, and Jana. I’ve always thought jordyn (random Y) is adorable and I love her little face. 

They all look sad and tired. Like they took the photo fifty thousand times and they were over it. Or like this whole thing was their parents’ idea and they don’t care. 

I’ve always thought that Jordyn looks the least Duggar-like and adorable.  Jenni has always been a very pretty girl. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

They're in Dallas 

Jinger looks great, Felicity is a doll, and that kitchen is to die for.  I’m not going to mention how much I dislike Jinger’s hair and Felicity’s turban. 😊

• Love 10

Jinger looks better since giving birth.  Her skin, eyes, expression etc.  So much cleaner, natural and happier!  She looks really put together now.  

She is a long way from the crunchy perm, slicked bangs, greasy skin and those constant faces that annoyed the crap out of me.  *although her skin was less greasy than the others

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Catfin said:

I beg to differ.

Yeah, me too.

The only reason they declare this, though, is that their aim is to blame women for everything and let men completely off the hook.

Men can be defrauded (and constantly are, on their interpretation...) by those evil female defrauders. Men, the victims; women, the tools of Satan. .But if women could be defrauded, the defrauder culprits would have to be men. And we can't have that! 

It's sickening how this plays out in all their crap, like this quote about the "Modesty" book that a woman's going to talk to Jingle and company about in Atlanta..... Young women have "a huge responsibility...as they make clothing choices."  And guess what that responsibility is? To prevent boys and men from having sexual thoughts! And if the boys and men DO have those thoughts, it's all the fault of the women's bad clothing choices. 

It permeates their culture. And the blinded, idiot Duggar women and their "friends" don't have a clue about what a load of crap their "godly men" dump on them on a daily basis.  

Nauseating.

• Love 22

That adorable facial expression from Felicity, plus those cheeks!

The knot really needs to go though. I keep thinking how it's said men lose hair if they wear hats all the time. So it makes wonder if she'll grow hair wearing these knots all the time..lol

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

That adorable facial expression from Felicity, plus those cheeks!

The knot really needs to go though. I keep thinking how it's said men lose hair if they wear hats all the time. So it makes wonder if she'll grow hair wearing these knots all the time..lol

These pictures are adorable, and Jeremy is clearly besotted with his little girl. I can't see this same level of interest though for baby #5, or baby #10. I really think it's possible that Jinger and Jeremy will have a small family -- I still have hope for them.

On an unrelated note, Jeremy's shirt doesn't work with that jacket at all. He is so very careful about his appearance, and this fail surprises me a bit.

• Love 11

Damn, Jinger's got the Duggar hairline. Oof.

Jinger's got to be getting paid for posting picture of Felicity with those turbans. Like, I can understand her basic ass finding them cute and putting them on her once or twice, but not so much that she posts so many pictures of her in them. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Damn, Jinger's got the Duggar hairline. Oof.

Jinger's got to be getting paid for posting picture of Felicity with those turbans. Like, I can understand her basic ass finding them cute and putting them on her once or twice, but not so much that she posts so many pictures of her in them. 

Whatever she’s doing to her hair is causing breakage at her hairline.  She needs to take a break on the straightening. 

• Love 4

Jinger and Jeremy both have strong chins. I wonder whose chin Felicity's resembles?

Have you ever looked at a very common word and all of a sudden thought, that word is odd? It just happened with me and the word chin.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 18