Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 11/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Churchhoney said:

Sure sign of a happy heart, you know.

I'd guess that 'Kynzie's wearing the top of her mom's tee-shirt-style wedding dress, with a few tiers of her grandmother's tin-man costume tacked onto the bottom as a skirt. ... All held together by some sort of sequined belt they nabbed off a prom gown from the Goodwill that they've been looting for dress clothes. 

...and she’s the best dressed of all of them. 🙄

• Love 5

@Christina87 I read both of your posts. I'm not sure preaching isn't lucrative. Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, etc. make a lot of money as televangelists.  Jesse Duplantis is a televangelist who was trying grift 54 million for a new private jet.  So Jeremy could have ambitions that way (televangelist, not necessarily the 54 million dollar jet)

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

@Christina87 I read both of your posts. I'm not sure preaching isn't lucrative. Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, etc. make a lot of money as televangelists.  Jesse Duplantis is a televangelist who was trying grift 54 million for a new private jet.  So Jeremy could have ambitions that way (televangelist, not necessarily the 54 million dollar jet)

I hear you, but I certainly hope a failed soccer player would realize what a long shot being a successful televangelist is. Not saying Jeremy was a failure, for getting to minor league soccer status is nothing to scoff at, but he chose a career path that few succeed in, and didn't make it. He wanted to be a star soccer player, and now wants to be a star preacher. Like soccer, I predict he'll get somewhere, but not where he wants to be. And I think he has already gotten about as far as he's going to get, by marrying Jinger and becoming a D-list reality star. I personally don't think he has what it takes to be an Osteen, nor the message. Most people aren't going to be into his ultra-conservative, pseudo-intellectual, boring drivel. He's not relatable IMO. That's beside the point though, because so, so few people make it. What's he going to do if he fails to become a televangelist? Try to become a movie star? Start a band? He needs to be more realistic IMO. 

I can even see why pursuing soccer was a solid plan in his family. If a kid wants to shoot for the moon, most parents will support it, but also want them to have a backup plan. Jeremy's ambitions to be a professional soccer player didn't hurt his future income potential at all, since he was earning a college degree at the time. Now, I feel like things are different. He has two dependents now, and is going for pipe dream #2. There's still not a good career path for him making a comfortable living if he fails to become the next Osteen. If he wants to make comfortable money as a pastor, he needs to go with an established domination, such as Methodist or Lutheran. Established dominations have their own seminaries that offer pretty good job security if you graduate. As you progress through your career, your salary gets better and better. I attend one of my conference's best churches, and my pastor makes around 100K. Most start out around 30K. Jeremy would be able to embark on this path, since he has a bachelor's degree. Doing the school he's doing now is a bad idea IMO. Job security for a non-denominational pastor isn't necessarily good, nor is pay high unless you luck into the trendy mega church of the moment (and the moment will end...sooner than later). Most pastors of small churches make teacher's salaries if they're lucky (without teacher benefits), and the majority are the Pastor Caldwells of the world, also working as mechanics or coaching high school sports, like a coach I had.

Jeremy seems to want an upper class lifestyle, so his career choice doesn't seem to match that. He needs a GREAT deal of luck; in fact, he needs the luck to be in the luckiest 1% to achieve the lifestyle he wants on this path. If he went to school for finance, or even a seminary in an established denomination, the typical person in his program would have a great chance at that lifestyle, and would almost certainly be comfortable. He would never do that, though, because those denominations would be too liberal. That's exactly why he'll never make it as a televangelist, either. Modern audiences want a self-help type televangelist who is relatable, not a fire and brimstone type who forbids masturbation. 

51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I don’t think Jeremy was being celibate all these years after “finding the lord”. I firmly believe he had a fuck buddy during he and Jinger’s courtship. Now I can believe that he didn’t lie to that woman or lead her on, but he wasn’t twiddling his thumbs until the wedding night. 

Oh, I totally could believe that! I could see the woman not being into reality TV and agreeing to keep quiet, just looking for a hookup herself. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I don’t think Jeremy was being celibate all these years after “finding the lord”. I firmly believe he had a fuck buddy during he and Jinger’s courtship. Now I can believe that he didn’t lie to that woman or lead her on, but he wasn’t twiddling his thumbs until the wedding night. 

He thinks masturbation is a sin, so he had to do something, right?

😉

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

He thinks masturbation is a sin, so he had to do something, right?

😉

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Exactly. He had no choice. 

Wasn't that Smugger's excuse for Ashley Madison???  LOL.  And yes, I now need brain bleach for thinking that Jeremy and Smugger could have anything in common.   And Jeremy was in Laredo, far away from Jinger's family and his own family.  So no tattletails if he did decide to "take the edge off" during his courtship.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Oh, I think he clearly has ambitions that way. That's one of the reasons he deliberately married into a television family, I'd guess ..... But to me the question is whether he has the talent for it. You need delivery and charisma of some sort and you need to talk in language that reaches somebody -- one way or another -- in some style of emotional man-of-the-people kind of way. And at this point he has none of those things...Neither his delivery nor his messages would work for large crowds....And that goes for getting a gig in a big church, too, whether or not it's a television church.....If he isn't able to up his game considerably in those respects, the high-dollar posts aren't going to him....Because while they exist, there are very few of them. And fewer all the time. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

In my tiny church our preacher makes over $75,000 a year.   He has been there  for less than 2 years  and we have 45 people on a good Sunday.  I don't know what Jeremy's church pays, but it may be more than we think. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if Jinger knew about that!

Probably not.

But if she did know I don’t think she would be all that upset so long as he cut the woman off once they were married and she was living in Laredo with him (which I think he would do). 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I hear you, but I certainly hope a failed soccer player would realize what a long shot being a successful televangelist is. . . .  I think he has already gotten about as far as he's going to get, by marrying Jinger and becoming a D-list reality star. I personally don't think he has what it takes to be an Osteen, nor the message. Most people aren't going to be into his ultra-conservative, pseudo-intellectual, boring drivel. He's not relatable IMO. That's beside the point though, because so, so few people make it. What's he going to do if he fails to become a televangelist? Try to become a movie star? Start a band? He needs to be more realistic IMO. 

. . . 

Jeremy seems to want an upper class lifestyle, so his career choice doesn't seem to match that. He needs a GREAT deal of luck; in fact, he needs the luck to be in the luckiest 1% to achieve the lifestyle he wants on this path. If he went to school for finance, or even a seminary in an established denomination, the typical person in his program would have a great chance at that lifestyle, and would almost certainly be comfortable. He would never do that, though, because those denominations would be too liberal. That's exactly why he'll never make it as a televangelist, either. Modern audiences want a self-help type televangelist who is relatable, not a fire and brimstone type who forbids masturbation

43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, I think he clearly has ambitions that way. That's one of the reasons he deliberately married into a television family, I'd guess ..... But to me the question is whether he has the talent for it. You need delivery and charisma of some sort and you need to talk in language that reaches somebody -- one way or another -- in some style of emotional man-of-the-people kind of way. And at this point he has none of those things...Neither his delivery nor his messages would work for large crowds....And that goes for getting a gig in a big church, too, whether or not it's a television church.....If he isn't able to up his game considerably in those respects, the high-dollar posts aren't going to him....Because while they exist, there are very few of them. And fewer all the time. 

These posts have nailed it, IMO. Jeremy has always struck me as at least 80% poser, defined as a person who acts in an affected manner to impress others. Another synonym is "insincere," although I think our Jeremy is very sincere in his ambitions and egotism.

I don't see him as a minister, certainly not actually ministering to people. A definition of the verb "minister:" act as a minister of religion. synonyms: tend to, care for, take care of, look after, nurse, treat, attend to, see to, administer to, help, assist

That ministering thing involves a level of humility that I haven't seen from our Mr. Vuolo. He's just a preacher. Up there in front yakking at everyone else about what God is all about. And as @Christina87 and @Churchhoney have pointed out, he's not all that good at the preaching. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

In my tiny church our preacher makes over $75,000 a year.   He has been there  for less than 2 years  and we have 45 people on a good Sunday.  I don't know what Jeremy's church pays, but it may be more than we think. 

I know that that's a fairly typical salary for a pastor today, at least in some places and some denominations. But with church attendance at the levels you're describing-- and declining every year, according to stats I've seen, in literally every denomination -- what I wonder is just how many young aspiring ministers like Jer can expect to earn at that level over a long haul.

I mean, unless a lot of people are donating to the church but not attending, that salary implies that the average family in your congregation donates about $2,000 annually just for the preacher's salary. And obviously there are other expenses to be met, too, like heat and lights and building repairs, without even throwing a charitable use for some of the donations into the mix. Given declining church attendance and the plain fact that there are a lot of families in America that can't or simply won't donate that much to a church, I can't help but think jobs paying those pretty-normal-for-today pastor salaries are also going to dwindle significantly as time goes on. 

ETA: Here are the Department of Labor 2017 stats for ministerial salaries: 

https://www.bls.gov/oes/2017/may/oes212011.htm

Mean annual wage for ministers working in churches and similar institutions -- $49,220

Among the metro areas with the highest employment of pastors, currently, are LA, NY and Houston (all places of some relevance to Jer): 

In LA, the mean salary is $63,820. In the NYC area, it's $56,400. And in the Houston area, it's $54,990. 

The two top-paying metro areas are Kingston, NY, with a mean salary of $80,300; Santa Barbara and environs, $77,390. The 10th highest paying Metro area is Salinas, CA, where the mean salary is $66,200. 

Areas with the highest employment of pastors include Central Oregon, where the mean salary is $36,980, and upstate New York, where the mean salary is $37, 820. 

So maybe Jer's counting on his hypothetical family money. (which wouldn't surprise me -- after all, his two siblings both chose the arts as careers....So there may well be some expectation of family money in their clan.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

He's a hard-working grifter that got lucky. I'm glad he's sired mostly lazy grifters. Some reporter could find a lot if interesting financial stuff if they dug around.

Oh, and I think 'God' had nothing to do with their prosperity. 

The next generation is in for a RUDE awakening shortly. The TV show won’t last forever- and then what? I agree with you that JB’s offspring are far lazier than most, Austin is the only in law with any sort of drive it looks like. 

• Love 15

It may be that Jeremy had other business in Dallas that took care of their airfare, so he preached at the coffee shop church for free or a love offering. OR, the church is part of his umbrella church and they paid for the airfare as a way to drum up new attendees who want a "brush with greatness" aka Duggar celebrity.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

It may be that Jeremy had other business in Dallas that took care of their airfare, so he preached at the coffee shop church for free or a love offering. OR, the church is part of his umbrella church and they paid for the airfare as a way to drum up new attendees who want a "brush with greatness" aka Duggar celebrity.

It wasn't a GC church. I can't remember its full name offhand, but it had Trinity in it. There is a GCC in Dallas; Jeremy's preaching career began with his attendance there.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It wasn't a GC church. I can't remember its full name offhand, but it had Trinity in it. There is a GCC in Dallas; Jeremy's preaching career began with his attendance there.

I thought it started with the Grace Community Church in San Antonio where Tim Conway is. Wasn't San Antonio where Jer was riding the soccer bench? 

Edited by Churchhoney

I wonder if Jeremy's long term goal might be to get a Doctorate of Divinity and teach in a seminary. It would suit his speaking style, theological interests, and perceived desire to be seen as intellectual and upper class.

• Love 8
On 12/5/2018 at 6:41 PM, Churchhoney said:

I thought it started with the Grace Community Church in San Antonio where Tim Conway is. Wasn't San Antonio where Jer was riding the soccer bench? 

I'm assuming it's a different Tim Conway? 

download (2).jpeg

• Love 11
On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, RedheadZombie said:

There's a couple of posters over on the DuggarsSnark subreddit who claim to have known Jeremy, and talk of his history of prolific cheating.  One even says he had a side piece for sex leading up to his marriage to Jinger.  I'm not sure what to think on the matter, but thought I would mention it.

I saw that. I'm wondering if the tabloids are currently on the search for said women. I remember saying to someone that Jeremy was the most likely to end up as Joshley Madison 2.0 when the courtship was announced.

He was a North American playing in Finland for a bit. Even if the area he lived in was a decent trek from the Baltic States, I would eat my hat if he didn't spend a few boozy and sexy time weekends in Estonia and Latvia.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

He was a North American playing in Finland for a bit. Even if the area he lived in was a decent trek from the Baltic States, I would eat my hat if he didn't spend a few boozy and sexy time weekends in Estonia and Latvia.

I would eat my hat if he didn't spend a few boozy and sexy time weekends in the U.S.

• Love 17
55 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I saw that. I'm wondering if the tabloids are currently on the search for said women. I remember saying to someone that Jeremy was the most likely to end up as Joshley Madison 2.0 when the courtship was announced.

For some reason I can’t put my finger on, I do not think Jeremy would end up on an AshleyMadison type site. Not that I think he’s above infidelity, but I think if he wanted to go that route, he would chose a woman who also had something to lose (like an attractive married woman at a near by church) so that the “rules” would be followed. 

• Love 20
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

For some reason I can’t put my finger on, I do not think Jeremy would end up on an AshleyMadison type site. Not that I think he’s above infidelity, but I think if he wanted to go that route, he would chose a woman who also had something to lose (like an attractive married woman at a near by church) so that the “rules” would be followed. 

I also doubt this rumor, we would have likely heard about it by now. I think since he was able to go enjoy his youth in college he is probably less likely than the other fundies to have an affair or get involved in some sort of scandal. He knows what is out there already, so its less tempting. 

• Love 17
19 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I also doubt this rumor, we would have likely heard about it by now. I think since he was able to go enjoy his youth in college he is probably less likely than the other fundies to have an affair or get involved in some sort of scandal. He knows what is out there already, so its less tempting. 

That's never, in the history of the world, stopped a cheating man. I don't have a strong opinion in whether his cheated yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that he will in the future. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures 

I wonder how much she got paid for that ad. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's never, in the history of the world, stopped a cheating man. I don't have a strong opinion in whether his cheated yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that he will in the future. 

I wonder how much she got paid for that ad. 

I agree. I totally see him cheating one day. He'll want a challenge, because eventually it'll be hard to stomach having Jinger fawn over him all day and congratulate him for making a cup of coffee. Not that he'll tire of having his ego stoked, but he'll want to be with a witty, intellectual, professional woman, like his mother, sister, and every other woman he likely has ever known. Very similar to joshley; remember how he said he wanted a professional woman with short hair? There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, but you can still be a SAHM with an education and something to offer the world besides being godly and gazing adoringly at your headship. For instance, my mom is a housewife, but she also volunteers a lot and holds leadership positions with charities. I think that if she were single, any guy who liked career women would go for her. You can be interesting and driven without bringing home any money, but sadly, the duggar girls are not, because they were discouraged from becoming that way.  

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I agree with you. 

17 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree. I totally see him cheating one day. He'll want a challenge, because eventually it'll be hard to stomach having Jinger fawn over him all day and congratulate him for making a cup of coffee. Not that he'll tire of having his ego stoked, but he'll want to be with a witty, intellectual, professional woman, like his mother, sister, and every other woman he likely has ever known. Very similar to joshley; remember how he said he wanted a professional woman with short hair? There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, but you can still be a SAHM with an education and something to offer the world besides being godly and gazing adoringly at your headship. For instance, my mom is a housewife, but she also volunteers a lot and holds leadership positions with charities. I think that if she were single, any guy who liked career women would go for her. You can be interesting and driven without bringing home any money, but sadly, the duggar girls are not, because they were discouraged from becoming that way.  

This and I also think like a lot of people he will cheat just because he wants sexual variety. Given that most people cheat on their spouse (isn’t it like 50 something percent of women admit to being unfaithful and 75% of men) I think it is very likely for Jeremy. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t get why everyone thinks that Jeremy is a for sure future cheater? He does seem to be legit on his love for the lord  ... is it because he seems so vain in his appearance? I don’t see a Josh in him at all. 

I don’t think Jeremy is a Josh type by any stretch of the imagination. Josh is a gross, disgusting person who molested his own sisters and a hypocrite to the 100th Power. Even if we “just” look at the Ashley Madison stuff, I don’t think Jeremy would be that gross/tacky OR clumsy. 

However don’t think he loves the Lord as much as he claims. And if he and Jinger stay married any decent length of time, it’s not statistically unlikely one or both of them would cheat. I want to be clear, I’m not suggesting everyone cheats, or that monogamy is unnatural or anything like that- just that many many many people do, especially male people, to live in cultures steeped in patriarchy, there’s a double standard between men and women. 

• Love 15

The sisters with their stringed instruments on the back of the CD  are lovely ....bet they're friends of Mrs. V, the elder.

The Babes' furniture and throws, blankets, etc........they're the only Dugg fabrics I could ever touch without retching.

Babe is getting more exposure by hooking onto Jinge.....I mean, who gets their wedding televised in the normal world?  He wouldn't as a soccer player. He won't blow that opportunity by cheating.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t get why everyone thinks that Jeremy is a for sure future cheater? He does seem to be legit on his love for the lord  ... is it because he seems so vain in his appearance? I don’t see a Josh in him at all. 

I don't think he is, personally, but that's not why I think he'll cheat. I mean, religiosity has never prevented cheating.

I don't think he's like Josh, but cheaters come in all stripes. And the huge power imbalance between him and Jinger does not speak of a man who will ever truly respect his wife. I've said it from the beginning--an experienced man seeking out and marrying someone so sheltered and inexperienced that she's essentially a 13 years old is automatically a controlling, arrogant asshole. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Jinger's hairline looks like it was plucked. It sort of looks like she's wearing a bad wig. Also, Jeremy looks like a big douche whenever he wears a bowtie. 

I've never met a man under 50 in a bowtie (non-tuxedo) that wasn't a douche. 

I never, ever speculate on pregnancy, but Jinger's face? She has that washed out sickly look she did in early pregnancy with Felicity. Could be just lack of makeup, but since she always wears makeup when dressed up...maybe something's up?

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger's hairline looks like it was plucked. It sort of looks like she's wearing a bad wig. Also, Jeremy looks like a big douche whenever he wears a bowtie. 

I think Jinger is someone with a larger forehead (five head), with certain angles my head looks humungous. 

I love how Felicity and Jeremy match. I think it’s precious. 

• Love 7

I don’t think Jinger’s pregnant.  I think she’s losing a lot of her hair post-partum so she’s experimenting with highlights and different parts to compensate.  Unfortunately she has the Duggar hairline so it’s just magnifying the loss.

I also think she looks tired.  I wonder how much Jeremy is a proud papa at 3am?

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think he'll cheat, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a side piece on the sly before they got really serious.

Maybe. But I have to say that this would REALLY bother me.

Because when they were initially kinda sorta serious though I guess not yet fully declared, he made his giant sermon against masturbation to the Duggarling young males and Jim Bob's other young-Gothardy-guy "employees." And HOW he did go on about the evils of being unfaithful to God and your future godly wife by getting intimate with your fist.

And, of course, he not only gave the sermon to them but posted it online to alert the world to wicked consign-you-to-eternal-torment unfaithfulness that any and all masturbation entails -- even if it's done by utter singletons with no partner or hope of partner in sight. NO SEXUAL ACTIVITY except with your godly partner! To do otherwise is HELLISH! 

If he did that while in a fledgling relationship with a very innocent woman that he required to be a meek virgin, then he is a HUGE HUGE hypocrite. Maybe more so, to my mind, than he would be if he got a seven-year itch or something down the line when he's under the pressure of marital boredom and a bunch of kids and got drunk and fell off the fidelity wagon a few times.

Because that sermon was no impulsive act. It was a very big very conscious production. And, likewise, if he were at the time (or had been just previously) diddling somebody on the side -- just to take the edge off -- that TOO would have been a very conscious production, because he would have clearly been making a choice to do it, deliberately going behind Jingle's back, AND knowing that the fling with the other woman had a specific ending date and likely not letting HER know that either. Etc. ALl that would have made him WAY hypocritical, and consciously so, to my mind. And with him making the BIG SERMON, Jingle almost certainly would have believed he was being faithful -- because she believes him to be godly and NOT a giant hypocrite. 

At this point, I very much hope that he didn't do this. Because, as far as I'm concerned, doing the BIG SERMON at the same time would mark him out to be a truly major deliberate hypocrite right now this minute, rather than currently just being a kind of pompous dumb-ass. And I'd prefer Jingle not to be saddled with someone who already is a giant hypocrite, and this early in their relationship, too. Not a good kind of person to be married to. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe. But I have to say that this would REALLY bother me.

Because when they were initially serious, he made his giant sermon against masturbation to the Duggarling young males and Jim Bob's other young-Gothardy-guy "employees." And HOW he did go on about the evils of being unfaithful to God and your future godly wife by getting intimate with your fist.

And, of course, he not only gave the sermon to them but posted it online to alert the world to wicked consign-you-to-eternal-torment unfaithfulness that any and all masturbation entails -- even if it's done by utter singletons with no partner or hope of partner in sight. NO SEXUAL ACTIVITY except with your godly partner! To do otherwise is HELLISH! 

If he did that while in a fledgling relationship with a very innocent woman that he required to be a meek virgin, then he is a HUGE HUGE hypocrite. Maybe more so, to my mind, than he would be if he got a seven-year itch or something down the line when he's under the pressure of marital boredom and a bunch of kids and got drunk and fell off the fidelity wagon one night.

Because that sermon was no impulsive act. It was a very big very conscious production. And, likewise, if he were at the time diddling somebody on the side -- just to take the edge off -- that TOO would have been a very conscious production, because he would have clearly been making a choice to do it, deliberately going behind Jingle's back, AND knowing that the fling with the other woman had a specific ending date and likely not letting HER know that either. Etc. And with him making the BIG SERMON, Jingle almost certainly would have believed he was being faithful -- because she believes him to be godly and NOT a giant hypocrite.

At this point, I very much hope that he didn't do this. Because, as far as I'm concerned, doing the BIG SERMON at the same time would mark him out to be a truly major deliberate hypocrite right now this minute, rather than currently just begin a kind of pompous dumb-ass. And I'd prefer Jingle not to be saddled with a giant hypocrite. Not a good kind of person to be married to. 

His vehemence on that sermon is partly why I think he's the type to cheat. It's like how it's always the ones most vocal about homosexuality who get caught at some truck stop. 

I saw that sermon and knew that Jeremy is a chronic masturbator and will one day reach JFK levels of cheating on Jinger. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

His vehemence on that sermon is partly why I think he's the type to cheat. It's like how it's always the ones most vocal about homosexuality who get caught at some truck stop. 

I saw that sermon and knew that Jeremy is a chronic masturbator and will one day reach JFK levels of cheating on Jinger. 

Yeah, I agree....

But I'm hoping that during that exact time period it was JUST masturbation and not a piece on the side. .... Because, to me, if it were masturbation AND a piece on the side, as some suspect, then he's really a BIG jerk already..... Masturbation can happen pretty impulsively, like the drunken seven-year-itch fling, I think. And I can easily imagine somebody who really intends not to do it still doing it .... That happens all the time, obviously, and can come with guilt and even a guilt-induced passionate anti-masturbation sermon, I think. 

But if he was talking that way about masturbation and also had another woman at the time -- Then that's not just giving in to a very strong impulse. That was deliberate. And deliberately hypocritical. And just bad. I'd prefer him not to be bad. Especially so soon in their lives together.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

This was my thought process as well. 

• Love 8