Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Right now all is well in his domain, so I really don’t think he would cheat.

However...in ten years when his life isn’t the highly lucrative cake walk with Jesus he thinks he has coming and Jinger has five kids and is Over It (or possibly worse, has a case of Anna-itis and just wants more babies) I could see him having a big old midlife crisis involving a new young thing who will feed his ego.

Maybe not.

(Lose the bowtie. But points for that bow on Felicity instead of the Turban Bucket.)

• Love 8
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

That's never, in the history of the world, stopped a cheating man. I don't have a strong opinion in whether his cheated yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that he will in the future. 

I wonder how much she got paid for that ad. 

I meant it relative to the other fundie husbands. It is my opinion he is less likely to cheat or be involved in some sort of sexual scandal like Josh. I absolutely do not think he had a side piece before the wedding. WAY too risky. Their entire courtship wasn't all that long either, so I don't think he would have even bothered. 

I do think he is more likely to initiate and follow through with a divorce at some point, though.

Also regarding that recent pic- Holy helly Jinger looks like Mechelle's clone. Lissy could be experiencing the 4 month sleep regression, or maybe all the months of little sleep are catching up with Jinger. 

Edited by yogi2014L
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger's hairline looks like it was plucked. It sort of looks like she's wearing a bad wig. Also, Jeremy looks like a big douche whenever he wears a bowtie. 

Bowties can be fun!!!  I’m trying not to let a patriarchialist’s affinity for them affect my affection for them, and hope others will give them a similar break. 

Also, Jinger looks so different without a lot of eye makeup. I would not have recognized her immediately out of context. 

Also: lovely hair but gads! - that has to be uncomfortably hot in Laredo!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, not you again said:

I agree; that dress is just blah.  She also doesn't look as accessorized as usual. My guess is that she ran out of time and skipped bronzer (hence pale complexion) and finishing touches to her outfit.

Well she did have time to press in those Gothard Approved Banana Curls!  I know nothing about current fashion, but is that (to me) 1940's style old-lady dress a thing?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

His vehemence on that sermon is partly why I think he's the type to cheat. It's like how it's always the ones most vocal about homosexuality who get caught at some truck stop. 

I saw that sermon and knew that Jeremy is a chronic masturbator and will one day reach JFK levels of cheating on Jinger. 

It's interesting because there's been a lot of talk about the sheen with JinJer and people criticizing them online leads to pretty heated discussions. You get downvoted on Reddit quite a bit now if you say anything negative about Jinger or Jeremy. Yet when you criticize the Dullards, it's hur dur dur hilarious. Instant karma. I think people forget the general initial reaction to Jeremy when was introduced was not all that positive. Someone a few weeks ago pointed out that the Vuolos are the worst type of fundies because "they're just like us!" whereas the others aren't.

I don't necessarily believe the rumor but wouldn't be surprised either. I don't think he has this all consuming passion for the Lord. I think he only does when it is convenient for him.

I do hope that Jinger at least uses this freedom from the TTH to cultivate some sort of marketable skill to survive outside of being a prop to Jeremy and his family. Because let's be realistic, SWAN wouldn't have the social media reach without Jinger Duggar Vuolo promoting it.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Well she did have time to press in those Gothard Approved Banana Curls!  I know nothing about current fashion, but is that (to me) 1940's style old-lady dress a thing?

I would wear that dress at 38 years old.  It looks like Jinger is wearing a size too big with the extra fabric right under the belt.  There are many online retailers who offer vintage inspired dresses at the moment.  I even have a few from Target that have a vintage silhouette.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t get why everyone thinks that Jeremy is a for sure future cheater? He does seem to be legit on his love for the lord  ... is it because he seems so vain in his appearance? I don’t see a Josh in him at all. 

I am not sure either way but his love for the lord is not something to disqualify him.  I cannot even begin to count the evangelical men who have cheated on their spouses with men/women.  The more they denounce premarital sex/LGBTQ/whathaveyou, they seem to be guilty of it.  

• Love 13

I think it's the color/size of the dress that looks off.  I'm a light brunette with pale skin and gray eyes, and I look sick wearing muted greens/beige/mustard etc. If the dress was a size smaller and a brighter color she'd look adorable.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't think he is, personally, but that's not why I think he'll cheat. I mean, religiosity has never prevented cheating.

I don't think he's like Josh, but cheaters come in all stripes. And the huge power imbalance between him and Jinger does not speak of a man who will ever truly respect his wife. I've said it from the beginning--an experienced man seeking out and marrying someone so sheltered and inexperienced that she's essentially a 13 years old is automatically a controlling, arrogant asshole. 

Or maybe he was just an experienced man who met and fell madly in love with someone sheltered and inexperienced.  I 100% believe that he’s head-over-heels crazy about Jinger and would never cheat on her.  I’d go so far as to bet my life on it.

• Love 23

Jeremy's pretentious poses are what get me too. Anyone who puts that much effort into curating their social media image to cultivate their image as an "intellectual" and whatever else he's going for raises my eyebrows and makes me suspect a poser. 

I'd love to know how long it takes for him to pose for those damn pictures and how it compares with the effort he puts into his job. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking of which...

Yeah if my failed attempts to get my dog to pose with me in a Santa hat this weekend is any guide, there's no way that happened on the first try. :D 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Or maybe he was just an experienced man who met and fell madly in love with someone sheltered and inexperienced.  I 100% believe that he’s head-over-heels crazy about Jinger and would never cheat on her.  I’d go so far as to bet my life on it.

Wow. I prefer not to bet on anyone's virtue, personally. And plenty of people who believably were super in love once still end up cheating down the line. Life is super messy that way. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I would like to believe that too.  We have a lot of speculation and no facts.  I know we like to snark, and I find their views repulsive, as I have stated before, but I can't make the leap to because Jinger is sheltered and naive that Jeremy will get tired of her and cheat if he hasn't already.  Maybe he will, maybe he won't.  Who knows, maybe Jinger will grow up, outgrow Jeremy, and years from now, we will find out she has the side piece. 

God, I would take back every mean thing I've ever said about Jinger if she were the one to cheat. Imagine that scandal!

I don't think it's a matter of Jeremy getting tired of her because she's sheltered and naive...I think he wants a wife who's sheltered and naive above anything else. But having what you want in a wife has nothing to do with being faithful. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, McManda said:

We give Jeremy all the crap for being pretentious and posing pictures, but didn't Jinger have an interesting in photography even before meeting him? Didn't she take Jill and Derick's engagement photos or something?

I'm just saying, maybe the magazine-worthy photoshoots are something they both enjoy together. Jeremy might like posing for them, but maybe Jinger likes staging and shooting them. It's a win/win.

The photo with Felicity is cute. And I'd rather see Jeremy's posed photos that Jill's poorly composed, poorly lit photos.

I don't mind the posing and good quality pictures, but I hate when they're so I obvious in the image they try to sell. He's toned it down a bit, but I still judge him on those ridiculous pictures with books. And who can forget Jinger's embarrassing, "I love Jeremy. Jeremy loves books. Now I love books."

• Love 13

I don't criticize their pictures of Felicity either. She's a doll, and she looks very happy.  My kids were always very smiley when they saw a camera. Even when there was no camera. I took and continue to take tons of pics every day of my twin toddlers. My son less so now that he just turned 8 and is in school during the day. But Felicity seems like she's truly loved by Jeremy. Which I don't see with Jill and Derelicts kids. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, awaken said:

Omg these people are obsessed with themselves!  

It is a social media trend for people their age. I am 30 and you would be shocked at how many people around my age document every. single. thing. they do on instagram. I don't snapchat but that is another one that people use a lot. Everyone is obsessed with themselves! They also probably like the income they could get from ads so It kind of is part of their job. Which to me, makes it better than posting every single thing you do for funsies haha. At least there is a purpose and if I was good at instagram I would do the same. It is something you can easily do from home and plays to Jinger's strengths 

I don't find anything they post all that different than what I see from social media savvy peers. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

It is a social media trend for people their age. I am 30 and you would be shocked at how many people around my age document every. single. thing. they do on instagram.

I have no words for how horrifying I find that.

About Jinger and Jeremy, I don't think they are a bit more self-obsessed that the rest of the Duggar crew.  They are just better at making themselves attractive.  Jill seems to "share" more that they do, it's just all bad photography and bad content.

• Love 14

I'm 31, and I disagree that everyone is as obsessed with themselves as Jeremy and Jinger. People I know do post a lot, but it's usually not super hot, posed pictures of themselves. A lot of people post frequently about funny things that happened to them, or share memes, or ask for recommendations. If it's the frequency of the posting, okay, I agree with that. However, I don't know one person who seems as hung up on their image as Jeremy does, even the Regina Georges I went to school with. And I don't think I've ever seen anyone pose as pretentiously as he does on a daily basis. I'd say Jessa is more representative of the "average" poster my age; she likes to share well-done, but not ridiculously posed pictures of her boys, and she seems to want to show the world that she has a happy, but not perfect life. She also shares anecdotes and tries to be relatable (like her fail about cleanliness). That's more like the average person I'm friends with; I can't think of a soul whose entire social media account looks like they're trying to give GQ a run for their money. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

I have no words for how horrifying I find that.

About Jinger and Jeremy, I don't think they are a bit more self-obsessed that the rest of the Duggar crew.  They are just better at making themselves attractive.  Jill seems to "share" more that they do, it's just all bad photography and bad content.

Ditto to the finding it utterly horrifying.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I'm 31, and I disagree that everyone is as obsessed with themselves as Jeremy and Jinger. People I know do post a lot, but it's usually not super hot, posed pictures of themselves. A lot of people post frequently about funny things that happened to them, or share memes, or ask for recommendations. If it's the frequency of the posting, okay, I agree with that. However, I don't know one person who seems as hung up on their image as Jeremy does, even the Regina Georges I went to school with. And I don't think I've ever seen anyone pose as pretentiously as he does on a daily basis. I'd say Jessa is more representative of the "average" poster my age; she likes to share well-done, but not ridiculously posed pictures of her boys, and she seems to want to show the world that she has a happy, but not perfect life. She also shares anecdotes and tries to be relatable (like her fail about cleanliness). That's more like the average person I'm friends with; I can't think of a soul whose entire social media account looks like they're trying to give GQ a run for their money. 

Agree about Jessa - she doesn't post a billion selfies. 

So I guess this begs the question - is Jeremy narcissistic?

• Love 2

Right now on FB they're offering very short videos of a year-in-posts. All the videos are a series of pictures. For many folks, mostly under forty, their mini FB videos are all solo selfies. The videos of many moms (also under 40) are pics of their babies. The rest have a mix of selfies, family, outdoor shots and friends. The biggest difference I see between everyday SM posts and Jer & Jin is the posing and staging. But I'm not FB friends with anyone 'famous' with the exception of a couple of authors and they post their newest books. 

The Duggars, Vuolos, etc are their own brand and I'm guessing I might be more thoughtful in my photographs if I was selling myself. If we look at it at selling their brand the Vuolos win hands down. The Dillards fail miserably and the rest of the families are in the middle with their hits and misses.

In regard to cheating, I don't think one can guess who cheats any more accurately than one can guess who's a dangerous stranger.  

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars, Vuolos, etc are their own brand and I'm guessing I might be more thoughtful in my photographs if I was selling myself. If we look at it at selling their brand the Vuolos win hands down. The Dillards fail miserably and the rest of the families are in the middle with their hits and misses.

In regard to cheating, I don't think one can guess who cheats any more accurately than one can guess who's a dangerous stranger.  

I agree with both points.  I don't think that the Vuolos are doing anything very different than others of their generation, only that they are a little more thoughtful and skilled than some, particularly in contrast with the Dillard train wrecks.

As to the speculation about cheating - it seems to me to be wishful thinking in some cases.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I agree with both points.  I don't think that the Vuolos are doing anything very different than others of their generation, only that they are a little more thoughtful and skilled than some, particularly in contrast with the Dillard train wrecks.

As to the speculation about cheating - it seems to me to be wishful thinking in some cases.

I don't think anyone wishes for Jinger to get cheated on. Even people who really dislike the duggars don't want that! It's horrible for anyone, but especially someone so childlike and brainwashed. Some people just particularly find Jeremy repugnant, though. He reminds a lot of us of crappy people we have known, who may or may not have been cheaters. For me, he seems narcissistic, like my awful former boss. My boss to my knowledge hasn't cheated on his wife (being ugly is part of it I'm sure; he's put together, but sadly doesn't have the looks Jeremy does...and no, I don't feel bad about saying he's ugly, because he's the absolute worst person I've ever met 😜), but he blatantly thinks rules don't apply to him. For instance, he would say, "everyone responds differently to different styles of feedback; what works for some students will demoralize others." Yet, he routinely YELLED at me. I told him politely that the yelling did nothing to motivate me, and in fact just made me upset to the point where I couldn't think of anything else. He responded that he was the boss and could yell if he wanted to, and I didn't deserve respectful treatment. I asked why we needed to tailor our criticism to each student, but he was unwilling to do that for his staff, and again...I don't deserve respect, apparently. He said he would only be respectful to people he felt had earned it. He also got upset with me and gave me a horrible performance review because a crazy parent complained that I told the kids that as little as 100 years ago, people had to eat chickens from their own farm, which was "upsetting" to their twelve-year-old. He was mad at me for not "watching what I said," but then publicly goes around and constantly bashes people in front of others, and shares confidential information. His employees have to follow the rules to the letter, but he explicitly said he was giving me bad reviews when I was doing competent work because he was just generally unhappy with me. He is the type that feels entitled to the absolute BEST in his school; screw the fact that people had been teaching there successfully for years and didn't deserve for him to push them out. He even has admitted on occasion that the county office said we have to do something like xyz, but he is doing it his own way because he knows better. He seems SO CERTAIN he will never get caught, while realistically, all it would take is one person in power overhearing something nasty, disrespectful, or confidential fly out of his mouth one time. Not to make this about my boss...and I'm not projecting him onto Jeremy, as I really don't think Jeremy would behave like this in the professional world. What I DO see in both of them, and my point in sharing this is, that they think they're special, and the rules apply to most people...less smart and special people...but they're clearly different and deserve to do what they want to. I could totally see Jeremy telling his congregation not to cheat, and then justifying to himself that he's hotter than the average male / Jinger's been tired with their 5th child so he's doing her a favor / he's comforting a lonely woman, etc. I don't think he'd be stupid enough to go the Ashley Madison route, however. I don't even think he'd boldly plan to cheat; it would just happen one day, a kiss as the result of temptation, and he'd realize he liked it and could get away with it. I hope it doesn't happen, and I don't think 100% that it will. I just think a lot of us see Jeremy in a different light. Love him or hate him, we all have different reasons or life experiences that may make us feel the way we do. Sadly, I totally think he's a narcissist. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Agree about Jessa - she doesn't post a billion selfies. 

So I guess this begs the question - is Jeremy narcissistic?

I think Jeremy's a tad full of himself, but I don't think he's a narcissist. My late grandmother was a raging narcissist and she was a verbally and emotionally abusive person. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but I don't see any of the negative qualities in Jeremy that I experienced with her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jeremy's a tad full of himself, but I don't think he's a narcissist. My late grandmother was a raging narcissist and she was a verbally and emotionally abusive person. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but I don't see any of the negative qualities in Jeremy that I experienced with her.

Yes- having a big ego doesn’t make one a narcissist. 

• Love 17

I hope you guys are right that he's not a narcissist! I really do. I think he seems like a tolerable, okay guy, who isn't a total asshole all the time. I just have a hard time imagining someone with a big ego who isn't narcissistic. I'm going to trust your experiences with people like that and hope you're right!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Well, I am a yoga teacher and crossfitter, so I guess my circles def run crazy on self obsession. LOL! You guys wanna see pretentious, go follow #yogaeverydamnday on IG. Haha. or #fitnessmotivation. Some of the yoga 'influencers' ( think Kino or Beach Yoga Girl) post long ass rants about enlightenment every day all while wearing a bathing suit balancing on one hand. It is how they build their brand and promote themselves and make $$, but it totally makes me roll my eyes at all the pretentious word vomit from the IG yoga community. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I hope you guys are right that he's not a narcissist! I really do. I think he seems like a tolerable, okay guy, who isn't a total asshole all the time. I just have a hard time imagining someone with a big ego who isn't narcissistic. I'm going to trust your experiences with people like that and hope you're right!!!

He doesn't come off as a narcissist to me either. Just a kind of pompous guy of quite average abilities but big ambition who hopes to construct a social-media image that'll make big-time employers and "influencers" in his field of choice buddy up to him and hire him and so on. I really think his entire online persona is essentially a big resume.....

I also doubt that it'll have the hoped-for effect. But of course his targets are probably pretty darned anxious to win over the younger generations, don't know how they can do it, and are probably willing to try anything that strikes them as millennial-and-youngers-friendly, like social-media postings. So who knows. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

Not wishful thinking - we're not mean spirited (mostly) but some of us are older with more life personal experience and experience of the world. And a LOT of cheating happens, ESPECIALLY among those who flaunt their super special religious views throughout their lives. Again, just my opinion after several decades of observation.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes- having a big ego doesn’t make one a narcissist. 

He may not be, but he definitely has some narcissistic personality traits.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not wishful thinking - we're not mean spirited (mostly) but some of us are older with more life personal experience and experience of the world. And a LOT of cheating happens, ESPECIALLY among those who flaunt their super special religious views throughout their lives. Again, just my opinion after several decades of observation.

This. This thread has me feeling like the French audience in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel when she does her "My husband had an affair!" comedy routine. Oh, a publicly super religious man might cheat on his wife? Gee, ya don't say.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I obviously did not make my point correctly.  I have hardly lived a sheltered life and I know full well the prevalence of "cheating" nor was I defending Jeremy.  I was merely pointing out that there was a lot of baseless speculation.  I doubt than any of the posters know for a fact that Jeremy has cheated, much less can predict that he will.  I was not pointing at anyone for "wishful thinking", merely observing that a post or two sounded as if the poster relished the idea. YMMV.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

This. This thread has me feeling like the French audience in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel when she does her "My husband had an affair!" comedy routine. Oh, a publicly super religious man might cheat on his wife? Gee, ya don't say.

This and a reminder why the Vuolos are the most "dangerous" fundies. Jeremy is Jim Bob except dressed better and not obsessed with procreating an army for Jesus.

• Love 15