Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Bethenny is what - 45? Carole and Ramona are in their 50s. It's not LuAnn's responsibility to walk away from a work obligation because her middle-aged colleague is in the throes of a psychiatric meltdown and unable to control her latent rage to the extent that she's literally ferally screaming in a third party's house. Nor, in a purely social context, is the onus on LuAnn to exit the premises of a property to which she was expressly and explicitly invited just because Bethenny decides to have an epithet-heavy Tourette's episode.

If my presence at a gathering or social function caused that much discord and if I noticed the other guests were actively moving away from me every time I entered a room, I would probably leave...but that's just me. Surely LuAnn must have felt that she was not wanted there.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Even when she told the rest of the HWs in the bedroom about her dad in the hospital, none of them, Not. One, responded to her about her dads health crisis. Not even good friend Dorinda!

Damn, that was soooo unbearable to watch.  Oy.  Lu Ann ought to be ashamed (although I guffawed and snorted through the entire thing ;)  I hope Jules' dad is okay.

• Love 9
(edited)

What a pathetic episode.  So pathetic that I'm on Lu's side and I can't stand Lu.

THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME.

Particularly for me, because I loathe both Bethanny and Lu for different reasons..so watching them go at it was a double bonus!

10Wn9zKI38uVVu.gif

That nasty little personality disorder Beth has will just keep getting nastier and nastier....'aint no medication for that, ma.

#TeamSonja!

Edited by Jade Foxx
additional comment
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Well, that also applies to Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and her good friend Dorinda, as they too ignored her when she told them about her father/hospital in the bedroom

That is true. Somehow it seemed worse to me that Jules was telling Lu one on one, while on the phone, and that she was saying her father seemed incoherent.

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I never heard of the Berkshires prior to The Sopranos episode, so every time I hear it mentioned, I think there's still an incredibly resilient Russian running around with a massive head wound. I'd love it if he'd stumble upon these women. Who am I kidding? LuAnn probably dated him.

Wasn't that the Pine Barrens, in NJ?

I don't drive, so could someone tell me how long a trip time-wise it is from NYC to the Berkshires? On the map, it looks like quite a shlep, compared to the Hamptons, the other popular RHONY vacay spot.

35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I just want to know - did Dorinda's Mom bake or buy that cake?  First, Dorinda said her Mom bakes her a vanilla cake every year, then, when she was going off on Luann, she said her Mom bought the cake -- which was it?     ;-)

I was thinking the same thing!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I don't drive, so could someone tell me how long a trip time-wise it is from NYC to the Berkshires? On the map, it looks like quite a shlep, compared to the Hamptons, the other popular RHONY vacay spot.

It's at least a three hour drive, which is the only reason I would give LuAnn a pass for not taking her unwanted ass out of Dorinda's home.

• Love 2

Bethanny needs to decide why she doesn't like Luann. Is it because she said she named SkinnyGirl? Is it is because she is a hypocrite slut? Because she called herself Sonja's mentor? Because she wanted to come to the Hamptons when Kyle was there? Because she's a snob? Because she finds it hysterical that Bethanny has the same hair as her?

That said, when Luann went out to Jules to smoke, and Jules was upset about her dad, and Luann didn't even acknoledge her--- that was telling. Luann seems to think she is superior to others that she didn't even acknowledge what Jules said. It was pathological self-absorbed. I think maybe Luann was just so upset she couldn't focus on anything else. I hope.

Bethanny and Carole cozying up to Jules solely to keep her away from Luann. They can't stand her, yet Carole is being her best friend. What users.

Dorinda should have shut Bethanny down. But Luann did start to become obnoxious.

I figured it out with Dorinda. She can drink and be fine. But once she feels insulted, she goes mad. If Luann hadn't made the joke about the cake, Dorinda could have been fine. But that just took it to the top. Dorinda is very on or off. 

• Love 14

That said, when Luann went out to Jules to smoke, and Jules was upset about her dad, and Luann didn't even acknoledge her--- that was telling. Luann seems to think she is superior to others that she didn't even acknowledge what Jules said. It was pathological self-absorbed. I think maybe Luann was just so upset she couldn't focus on anything else. I hope.

BINGO.

• Love 9

Luann was pretty funny in the kitchen. I think she felt like she was in the twilight zone. Dorinda says it's not her birthday but here is a birthday cake spiel was hilarious. Then Dorinda misunderstands and rips her over the cake and her Mom which was totally random as Lou wasn't dissing her Mom.

It was kind of funny the first time Luann said it.  But then she kept saying it and she was mocking Dorinda, and got caught by Dorinda.  I'm sure Dorinda picked up on Luann's ill intent, even if she was off on who it was aimed at. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Speaking of Jules,  why the hellwas she at the Berks if her father so sick.   Reminded me of Lisa Rinna.   Like if your father is so ill just leave.   No one would be upset.   I'm sure the women and the production wouldn't be hurt.   It's a family emergency. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Poor Dorinda, she cooked, cleaned, made everything niiiiiice! Her Mom made a caaaaaaake! And all  these bitches do is fight! Loved. Every. Minute. And I am exhausted after watching this episode! 

I thought Bethenny went toe to toe equally with Lu. Did all they said need to be said? No. But this is a reality show and these women are serious about their airtime. So does everyone who dates an ex of Ramona's have to get permission from her first? She's so delusional. But it was funny how she was dictating to Lu the textes to send  to Carole and Bethenny who were right in the house. I felt bad for Jules. No one cared about her father in the hospital. There's a hint, these women are not your friends. 

I thought this was absolutely awful.  The scene where she was outside with Lucky Strikes Lu trying to console her about being called a slut and that horny narcissist did not hear a single word or give a shit that she was even talking at all - that was so totally cringeworthy.  

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Dorinda hosted a true "Festivus".

The "Airing of the Grievence " was epic, too bad the actual Festivus pole was back in NYC up SonJa's vagina.

I can't wait until my favorite blog is up.  The housekeeper does do a blog right?

• Love 14

For me, sorry, this was not scary island.  Not even close.  Not even top ten.  As much as Beth wanted it to be with her screaming rant, it just wasn't.  It was just another Beth purposeful screaming rant....because she's 'Bethenny Frankel'....yada yada yada...the woman who was raised by wolves, etc., etc. who needs attention.

• Love 18

Random thoughts-

The reason Jill et al, including Ramona were upset with Bethenny is she was all about Bethenny and her brand and promoting her brand. Just because she has owned it on several occasions including this year where she has said she will do no promos for the show with anyone else.  She used the others as her self-appointed role as a Greek chorus.  Sometimes people have bigger issues than promoting Bethenny Bakes or her defunct chef career.  She made a lot of pretty hurtful comments about Luann and the others.  So her saying she is going back ten years. . . think about what you said and did.  Luann was honest on Bethenny's show and said she was trying to keep her marriage together, while off-camera she was expressing her bad marriage.  No one has ever put a marriage back together while publicly decrying their husband's commitment. (Well maybe Shannon Beador.)

Ramona and Bethenny won't tell Luann who they are dating because in Bethenny's words, Luann is a " plastic fuck doll".  Have a little confidence why would you be concerned about Luann' sexual prowess?  Insecure much.   What happened to Bethenny and her truth?  Can't expect Luann to lay it all out there if you aren't. 

I think Bethenny is all upset because Luann was the one person who said she couldn't see Bethenny with Jason as would override him. 

Carole is ridiculous because contributed just as much to the social media wars.  Why is she so hung up on pedophile?  Obviously she isn't one, so why does she keep bringing it up?  For attention and sympathy.

As far as Sonja saying Luann brings guys home every night-the timeline does not support it.  Sonja will always use Luann as an excuse for camera time. You can't have it both ways that Luann is out with her friend (Tom) and have her out cruising with Sonja.

Most of all these women need to use their heads and calendars. 

• Love 14

Dorinda should have told them both (esp. Bethenny) to knock it off or leave. But then again, a sleepover where they'e all sipping tea and playing nice? No. I hate almost all of them so let them make ass-hole shrews out of themselves and tear flesh.  

I agree with post upthread that said Lu's doing pretty darn good. Kids good,  social good, money good, sex life good.  She's happy.    She's ...not.... BITTER.... like Bethenny.!  And THAT is what Beth is jealous of.   Lu dropped her baggage.   Beth lives her life in hateful,  bitter revenge of ALLL the wrongs life has done to her.  Beth doesn't have a life. She has sold it to her demons.   The best she can hope for is to drag others down with her.  It's lonely in that snake pit.   (this is also why she hates Sonja because overall, she's pretty cheerful.  I'm glad she pretended to step on Bitterneys brand -- it refueled her self-important misery.)

Why is it that I can't stand Carole?  Is it that she smells like Beth's butt?  Is it that she pretends to be 15?   Talk about Luann putting on airs.  At least her play act is  'classy" grown-up.  It's at least something to aspire to.  Not this regressive,   "I got a boyfriend and me and him got a puppy!' teen act.  

Ramona is an ignorant pig. She  100% knows that dog is shitting all over the place. (I don't blame the dog.. i have a slightly naughty one myself)  My fave moment would have been Doris telling Ramona to clean it up and take the dog for a walk or go home.  

• Love 23
(edited)

The clip they showed Sonja didn't even say she brought guys home every night. She said Luann was supposed to be staying with her but wasn't because she was shacking up with some guy. Ramona asked who and Sonja seemed vague and said their were a couple but it seemed her point that Lu wasn't actually staying with her because she was staying with the guy.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
Spoiler

Bethenny is terrible and nasty.  In terms of her complaints about Luann not being honest about her sex life or acting like a prude - I don't get it. Five or six years ago? Okay. But now? Luann is open about dating a lot and seeing a lot of different men. What does Bethenny expect? For Luann to explicitly talk about her sex life?  What's more, what a hypocrite!  Bethenny's personal life is not part of the show at all, yet Bethenny thinks that Luann's contribution to the show should include talking about and constantly showing her sex life? She is insane.

Carole is pathetic. All she has to talk about is the Adam crap. Also, for as much as she is indignant about the insults Luann aimed at her, does she think that all of her insults toward Luann this year and last are warranted?

It didn't matter what Luann put in those texts. Bethenny and Carole would mock and insult her regardless. They don't like her and no text will change that.

• Love 13

Beth's ex should get hazard pay for maintaining an erection long enough to impregnate that miserable banshee.

Dorinda and her birthday cake which wasn't a birthday cake...

900x900px-LL-0584bee2_mediumdownload.gif

The only thing missing from that freakshow of a party was a bottle of Tipsy Girl.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

The clip they showed Sonja didn't even sy she brought guys home every night. She said Luann was supposed to be staying with her but wasn't because she was shaking up with so guy. Ramona asked who and Sonja seemed vague and said their were a couple but it seemed her point that Lu wasn't actually staying with her because she was staying with the guy.

It was kind of like the bizarre story where Bethenny's "friend" claimed Luann rolled up on Ramona's ma, and Ramona claims Luann went home and slept with him that night.  I think they spend way too much time on Luann and her love life.  Sad women.  Much like Ramona's friend claiming John was outside spouting off about he and Dorinda.  These women are sometimes big old fools and nasty gossips. 

• Love 5

LOL what an enjoyable episode.  Luann is quite the sneak.  After sending off her apologies she was down stairs trying to rile Dorinda up on her side of the argument by throwing John's name into the mix who wasn't even there.  By next week they will be friends again and all will be forgiven.  I am so glad Beth is back.

• Love 9

I loved this episode. Everything worked for me, I like the variety of drama sources in terms of what they're arguing about (which is nothing, really). I like Ramona the rational, Bethenny the bulldozer, and Luann showing herself to be full of crap. 

I will confess though that I've had wine, enough that pretty much everything is enjoyable.

Also... I miss reaction shots from Kristen. Homegirl was surprised by literally everything, it was awesome and magical,and it would have enhanced the show for me. 

• Love 16
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Did I just watch a group of middle aged women slut shame another middle aged woman? Unbelievable! 

It appears these "girls'" lives are just an extended version of high school, amirite? (the cool club, the outsiders, mean girls, who stole whose boyfriend, gossip, rumors, etc.)

Edited by Jade Foxx
grammar
  • Love 10

I had read the first page of posts here before I saw the epi and totally expected to be disgusted by Bethenny and feel sorry for Lu. Nope, didn't happen. LuAnn is just as narcissistic as ever. And when Ramona has to be the voice of reason and explain to Lu why Beth and Carole are upset with her you know there is a problem. And poor Jules - I guess the countess never wrote a chapter in her book about how not to be self absorbed and be supportive of someone who is sitting a foot away from you and sharing a personal crisis. Sheesh.

I found the story that Ramona told of LuAnn meeting Tom when she was still dating him, and sleeping with him quite plausible. I find it much less likely that someone that Sonia has known for years and Ramona also dated has never crossed paths with LuAnn until they just happen to be introduced by Dorinda. I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance that the story Ramona told has some truth to it.

WTF were those creepy green statues on Dorinda's mantel? I am sure they will be giving me nightmares tonight. That and the horrible red outfit that LuAnn was wearing in the previews for next week. Yikes.

• Love 17

I lost it over LuAnn and Ramona conspiring over the text messages and how to spell pedophile.

I can't believe she spelled it "pedafile."  

I'm surprised they showed LuAnn and Jules smoking (they usually hide the ciggies better on these shows).  But that scene was priceless, so I guess that scene had to make it.  Poor Jules kept bringing the conversation back to her dad, but LuAnn kept bringing it back to the slut comment, with no acknowledgment what the other said.  

Either Carole was super tired or hadn't had a good meal since her boyfriend has been out of town, but she looked, not so great.  (Oh wait, part of me thinks he's already back because he made that radish thing-y).    

Damn Ramona's dog needs to go to the vet or something.  That was a lot of poop in a two-hour period.  Why didn't Ramona take him outside??   I wish Cookie and Baby made the trip too--I would have rather watched the dogs play than those other bitches fight!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I had read the first page of posts here before I saw the epi and totally expected to be disgusted by Bethenny and feel sorry for Lu. Nope, didn't happen. LuAnn is just as narcissistic as ever. And when Ramona has to be the voice of reason and explain to Lu why Beth and Carole are upset with her you know there is a problem. And poor Jules - I guess the countess never wrote a chapter in her book about how not to be self absorbed and be supportive of someone who is sitting a foot away from you and sharing a personal crisis. Sheesh.

I found the story that Ramona told of LuAnn meeting Tom when she was still dating him, and sleeping with him quite plausible. I find it much less likely that someone that Sonia has known for years and Ramona also dated has never crossed paths with LuAnn until they just happen to be introduced by Dorinda. I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance that the story Ramona told has some truth to it.

Ramona never said that meeting happened when she was dating Tom, it was just to illustrate that Lu knew that Ramona had previously dated him. A friend of Bethenny's story being filtered through Ramona and Bethanny just doesn't make sense because they also insist that they knew they went home that night and had sex and there is literally no way that Bethannys friend could no that.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

Damn Ramona's dog needs to go to the vet or something.  That was a lot of poop in a two-hour period.  Why didn't Ramona take him outside??   I wish Cookie and Baby made the trip too--I would have rather watched the dogs play than those other bitches fight!

No--no vet.  The poor dog was put in a car and driven three hours and probably not walked before they left because it is December and cold.  And of course Ramona couldn't take 5 minutes to let the dog go when they arrived .   The poor thing didn't feel comfortable taking one nice healthy shit in the house as he would have outside, so it came out when he couldn't hold it anymore.  

Sorry.. still annoys me ..so uncaring and ignorant. Is there even a bowl of water for the dog?  Maaaad at Ramona!!

• Love 10

OMG, why am I watching this horrible show??  I've just fast forwarded through the first 12 minutes of ugly Bethaney to clueless Luann to ugly Beth, Ramona, and Carole.

I'm out, what's the point? This show is gross!

• Love 2

Ramona went from being my old neurotic aunt to my little sister tonight. My sister does that ALL the time with her dog. She brings it to my parent's house and then my mom walks, feeds, and cleans it since my sister has so many control issues and loves waiting for someone else to take care of everything.

Jules had no place there tonight. She seemed out of her element, no one knows she exists, and they are all irritated she got on the show because they have to hang out with her. Jules seems really to  have a thing for Carole. She seemed to follow her around the whole time, I guess because she is a "skinny girl" too and maybe they could not eat together.

I'm going to say I think Dorinda is menopausal, the way her moods switch so fast. I was like that when I quit smoking--- I would be fine, and then my husband would not answer my question, and I'd become furious, demanding he pay attention and how dare he ignore me. I was right, but the fury was chemical.

• Love 2

The sacred cake? With the Easter egg colored cursive lettering frosting with shortening in it? Does Dorindas mom work at the deli in Shaws Supermarket? 

Kelly Bensimon was right. I've hated B since the first time she said she did not hv parents. She is a nasty girl. 

Now imagine you're Jason Hoppy married to that Crazy Biotch with her mouth. Andy has gone too far I've never seen a HW get so much power within the cast, even Dorinda is cozying up to her!

• Love 17

Amongst all the weirdness that was in this episode, the part that really gave me pause was when Jules and Carol sat down to internet shop and Jules pulls not only snacks out (in a house with more food than even possibly Tom D'Agostino has access to), but also plastic goblets from her big travel purse.  I get that she's a mom used to packing snacks for the kids but (a) surely she was aware her kids were not on this trip and (b) I highly doubt she serves the kids drinks out of even plastic goblets.

I did appreciate the wood paneled setting of overheard conversations and outrageous reactions; all was missing was actual humor for a good drawing room comedy.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm fine with getting upset and airing grievances but in real life I will not tolerate nasty shit, like screaming, mocking someone else's expressions or accents, name calling, and behaviour shaming. I also don't like the shout/express my side of the story to you but then walk away without giving you a chance to respond. Bethenny did both tonight, although Ramona also did the blast and run.

I get it that Bethenny has issues with Luanne, but to get SO crazy mad? That wasn't just someone bringing some drama for a reality tv show paycheck. She lost the plot....and gets to pass calm judgement on herself how many weeks later in her TH segment? Bethenny should be VERY concerned about the level to which she took that argument.

Being a closet bitch, I enjoyed seeing Bethenny's face when mid scream Luanne kept telling her to stop screaming! Being calm and saying that to Bethenny is so passive aggressive but would have driven Beth nuts inside!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 11
(edited)

Sonja talking about how tight her vagina is made me laugh!  Puh-leeze!!!  I imagine that thing is like Mammoth Cave; big, cold and clammy and everyone keeps going in and out of it all the time!

8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why was everyone mad at LuAnn?   Bethany came in guns and a blazing.

LuAnn set Bethany off when she mentioned that she helped Bethany come up with the Skinny Girl idea.  She reacted the same way when John accused her of stealing the name Skinny Girl from the guy who came up with Skinny Cow.  To be so successful, Bethenny's business is going to be the death of her.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, autumnh said:

I've watched since season one....I am a NY girl born and bred but Bethenny can just be so exhausting sometimes. Not that she doesn't have some valid points but she is so aggressive and in your face and gogogogogogogo...She cannot calm down...All I could think tonight was is she on adderall? (not saying she is) but c'mon...let it effin go...

Focus on Ramona...she is the biggest bullshit artist since the beginning.

Yes, that was an Adderall rage.  Beth had to make sure she didn't eat.

• Love 7

Bethenny, the Brandi Glanville of RHONY,  is just awful.  Talk about ruining a show.   

She had no reason to go after LuAnn like that - she can make all the excuses she wants, give all the "reasons" she wants, nothing justifies that kind of attack.  LuAnn was right when she said that everything was fine until Bethenny showed up.  It's that way all the time now. Bethenny comes in loaded for bear and starts shooting.  You can feel the tension coming out of the TV screen when she walks into a room.

But of course Dorinda, Carol, Jules and Ramona totally overlook Bethenny's behavior, and that's a huge part of what is wrong with this show. Bethenny is in Andy's back pocket, or he's up her butt (one or the other) and no one will take her on.  So she says whatever she wants and no one (other than LuAnn) calls her on any of it.  They know she's the "star", she'll get the most camera time, the most talking heads, and when she goes off, it will play out on TV for all to see, because she's Andy's million dollar baby and he probably does a happy dance every time she does that.  The other women don't want her guns turned on them, so they back off from any confrontation with her.  

Both Bethenny and Carol need to get over themselves.  And here's a hot tip for Carol - if you're wondering if LuAnn will be at the party, CALL Dorinda and ASK.  And then don't go if it's a problem.  Hiding in the closet is for 6 year olds.  (And I get that no one wants to be called a pedophile - but does anyone really think LuAnn was serious about that ?  Plus it would be over and forgotten if Carol didn't keep bringing it up.)

I think I'm done.  With the show (which leaves only RHOBH for me).  I used to love NY - but not the Bethenny Show. 

• Love 22

I get the annoyance with Bethenny, but she makes for great TV.  This season with all its insanity is at least fun to watch.

As for the slut shaming.  I agree that two single adults should be able to do what they want, but when did it become okay to sleep with married people?  Lu didn't deny it when it was thrown out there.  Why is that all of a sudden okay just because people hate Bethenny more?

• Love 20

I hated seeing Bethenny, Carole and Jules lying down in the bedroom like an Evil Anorexic Coven, cackling about the others, especially LuAnn's sexual peccadillos.  Who cares if Lu sleeps around?  Good for her that she's getting some!  Why bring up that tired Skinnygirl name argument from 2009?  Again, WHO CARES?  Bethenny was like a rabid dog sinking her fangs into LuAnn's lamb shank and it was not enjoyable to watch.  LuAnn is not that bad to warrant that type of crazy-ass meltdown.

Truth is: LuAnn has always been a good comic foil for Bethenny.  It's easy to mock her pretension, deep voice, flirty ways -- she's like a cartoon character drag queen with the statement jewelry, exaggerated airs and fur vests.  But at the end of day, Lu wins at life.  She's still gorgeous and vibrant, her marriage ended amicably, her kids seem fine, her life is good.  Unlike the rest of those train wrecks (Yes, Ramona, I'm looking at you. Oh and Dee Snider from Twisted Sister called and he wants his wig back.)

I also think it is weird for Dorinda to make these ladies drive three hours each way for a one-night sleepover. Who does that?  You may people drive six hours to spend one night at Dorinda's Christmas Tree Shoppe manor that looks like it was decorated by the producers of MTV's The Real World?  Yuck. Sonja has better of staying in the city, avoiding the traffic and the drama.

LOL to Alonso Mosely about the birthday cake looking like it came from Shaw's Supermarket deli -- I died laughing at that because I thought the same thing. Dorinda thinks she's so fabulous Upper East Side and yet she thinks an old-school sheet cake covered in Crisco frosting is the bees knees. I think that birthday cake needs to go back to Queens!  Actually, Queens can do much better.

• Love 13

This show is officially balls-to-the-wall batshit and I LOVE IT. This is even more fun than Scary Island, because all these bitches can stand for themselves and not be spirited away when it gets too real because "they're fragile." 

I could watch them battle it out over and over and eat popcorn doing it, because

• nobody is getting physically attacked
  • they are all fairly equally heinous and so I don't care who gets verbally shanked, or how, and
  • all their dancing monkey asses could stop anytime they wanted to (see: Heather) but they don't want to. So no reason for me to worry more about them than they do themselves. Dance, monkeys, dance!

UO: "You fuck everyone" = slut shaming? I see the naming ... not so much the shaming. Can't a spade be called a spade anymore? If it's all good then it shouldn't be any different than "you're tall." "your hair is red." "you fuck everyone you date." Just the facts, ma'ams. I mean, sure, that whole "movement" annoys the shit out of me, but I'm uncool enough to believe it's kinda nasty to be all run up and through in the name of "sexual agency." If I were all vag-empowered and shit though, I would *think* I wouldn't care about someone commenting on it.     

*Belated props to whoever called it out in last week's thread; I wanted to say something then but the dead horse-ification of Luann's poor maligned virtue drove me away. 

• Love 21