Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

Luann never took credit for Skinnygirl marg she did say she was "there". I wonder if that's a veiled production insinuation that she, Luann when she had the Countess popularity Pre planned to film with B in a scene where they highlighted her drink to HELP Bethenny at a time when Luann had some advantage with producers. 

That is what I think is going down there. 

• Love 23

@ghoulina Adumb  BEST NICKNAME EVER and yes I did notice Ramona was all emphatic going to "make some tea" and then asked the house keeper. LOL

That went further downhill when Bethenny laughed at the calming tea the housekeeper brought then talked about said housekeeper like she wasn't even in the room. "Your housekeeper" .... "She" brought me this. SHE is standing right there and she has a name you are not the Dowager Countess nor Lady Grantham, Bethenny. 

• Love 17

They're all a bunch of hypocrites - Bethenny included.

Luann didn't even remember calling Carole a pedophile and then laughed and said she probably did. Please let's not pretend that someone saying something offensive out of irrational anger (and then completely forgetting they said it) is somehow so egregiously worse than someone who repeatedly insults and shames someone for being a slut AND taking joy in hearing others say the same. I'm assuming that Luann made the pedophile comment to Carole but didn't go around town calling her a pedophile to people. If she did do that, then at best, her accusation is just as bad as Carole's and Bethenny's. Let's be completely honest here - if someone went  told you about a 50 year old dating a 30 year old and called them a pedophile, would you give them any credence? Now if someone and their friends told you that someone is a slut and a whore and sleeps with everyone's man, wouldn't that be more likely to believed that the former situation posed? People need to stop hanging on to the word Luann used and completely ignore the context, circumstances and the intention behind the words. What indications do we have that Luann wanted to truly convince people that Carole is a pedophile? On the flip side, hasn't Carole been more invested and convincing when talking about Luann being unable to keep her legs closed? All of these women have said harsh things out of anger, and many of them say harsh things not only in fits of anger but because those are the judgments they truly hold against the others. It is no more hypocritical of Luann than it is for any of the women because they've all been hypocrites, Ms. Frankel included.

Luann claims she apologized for the pedophile comment, and I believe Carole said she hasn't. Maybe Luann 'apologized' without using the words 'I"m sorry' and that is the reason for the differing accounts or may be Luann is lying...either way, Luann's claim of having apologized at least indicates an awareness that she was in fact wrong for what she said. .Has Carole indicated any wrong doing in her treatment of Luann? Because I seem to recall her spending all the time either insulting Luann, complaining about Luann's presence or talking about being Luann's victim. Bethenny can ignore her own hypocrisies and own fucked up life but her new bestie Carole is proving to be no more hypocritical than the same Luann she zeroed in on the moment she walked in Dorinda's home.

Luann was giving me vibes of LVP when she needed to be coached into her apology. Luann certainly seems dense in her ability to make her point clearly and concisely. As annoying as Romana is, I could totally get her frustration trying to explain to Luann that her comments are said in a way that suggests something different than what you mean and for that you need to apologize to make it better.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JenFromCincy said:

I get the annoyance with Bethenny, but she makes for great TV.  This season with all its insanity is at least fun to watch.

As for the slut shaming.  I agree that two single adults should be able to do what they want, but when did it become okay to sleep with married people?  Lu didn't deny it when it was thrown out there.  Why is that all of a sudden okay just because people hate Bethenny more?

I really like Bethenny, but there was nothing fun about this episode to me.  I was happy when it was over.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I see your point and the other girls were probably being insensitive as well. But I do see the two situations as different. When she walked into the room she was walking into THEIR situation and she simply relayed info in a matter-of-fact way. With Lu, Jules was outside on the phone, actively involved in the situation, when Lu went out there. She got teary explaining it to Lu. And Lu acted as if she hadn't even spoken and just kept going on about HER issues. 

Isn't it possible to have more than one reason that you dislike someone? I think the overall theme, though, is the hypocrisy and the fakery. Lu acts like she had something to do with SG when she didn't. She gives people advice about not giving her number out to a bunch of different men, when....um....She claims to be worried about Sonja and trying to mentor her, but they go out partying together and Lu just really wants somewhere to stay in the city. She doesn't hang out with B or talk to her much, but then when Kyle is there (and therefore cameras), she's all up her ass to hang out. 

Yea, I'm not sure what to think about all this business with Tom, but I definitely think Ramona's story could be plausible. When asked how many dates they went on, she said "seven" immediately. It seemed genuine. But I can totally see Lu saying to a guy, "You dated ___, now it's my term". That just smacks of her aggressive style. And I remember how nonchalant she was about banging the married guy on vacation last year, all shrugs and "whaddya gonna do about it?"  I don't know that she necessarily owes Ramona anything, but it just seems like another thing she's not being forthright about. 

Luann was caught up in her feelings and didn't hear a word Jules said, much like the others were caught up in their feelings and they also never heard a word Jules said either. No one heard a word Jules said about her father, not 1 word.

Bethenny acknowledged that Luann did have a small part in the naming of SKG herself and that is how that whole thing got started.  Also, Bethenny said that she went to 2 parties at Luann's house during the summer, so they were "hanging out" during the summer, more so than Bethenny did Dorinda/John even though Bethenny seemed to feel she/D/J were around each other enough for her to pronounce John a nasty piece of shit.

All of Bethenny's info on Luann/Tom is second hand knowledge/gossip at best. Why was it wrong of Luann to date Tom after he/Ramona were no longer dating but ok for Ramona to date Tom without getting the ok from Sonja who dated him first? LOL

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

They're all a bunch of hypocrites - Bethenny included.

Luann didn't even remember calling Carole a pedophile and then laughed and said she probably did. Please let's not pretend that someone saying something offensive out of irrational anger (and then completely forgetting they said it) is somehow so egregiously worse than someone who repeatedly insults and shames someone for being a slut AND taking joy in hearing others say the same. I'm assuming that Luann made the pedophile comment to Carole but didn't go around town calling her a pedophile to people. If she did do that, then at best, her accusation is just as bad as Carole's and Bethenny's. Let's be completely honest here - if someone went  told you about a 50 year old dating a 30 year old and called them a pedophile, would you give them any credence? Now if someone and their friends told you that someone is a slut and a whore and sleeps with everyone's man, wouldn't that be more likely to believed that the former situation posed? People need to stop hanging on to the word Luann used and completely ignore the context, circumstances and the intention behind the words. What indications do we have that Luann wanted to truly convince people that Carole is a pedophile? On the flip side, hasn't Carole been more invested and convincing when talking about Luann being unable to keep her legs closed? All of these women have said harsh things out of anger, and many of them say harsh things not only in fits of anger but because those are the judgments they truly hold against the others. It is no more hypocritical of Luann than it is for any of the women because they've all been hypocrites, Ms. Frankel included.

Luann claims she apologized for the pedophile comment, and I believe Carole said she hasn't. Maybe Luann 'apologized' without using the words 'I"m sorry' and that is the reason for the differing accounts or may be Luann is lying...either way, Luann's claim of having apologized at least indicates an awareness that she was in fact wrong for what she said. .Has Carole indicated any wrong doing in her treatment of Luann? Because I seem to recall her spending all the time either insulting Luann, complaining about Luann's presence or talking about being Luann's victim. Bethenny can ignore her own hypocrisies and own fucked up life but her new bestie Carole is proving to be no more hypocritical than the same Luann she zeroed in on the moment she walked in Dorinda's home.

Luann was giving me vibes of LVP when she needed to be coached into her apology. Luann certainly seems dense in her ability to make her point clearly and concisely. As annoying as Romana is, I could totally get her frustration trying to explain to Luann that her comments are said in a way that suggests something different than what you mean and for that you need to apologize to make it better.

I think I heard Ramona said something about Luann making that comment about Carole at a children's party!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SnarkKitty said:

This show is officially balls-to-the-wall batshit and I LOVE IT. This is even more fun than Scary Island, because all these bitches can stand for themselves and not be spirited away when it gets too real because "they're fragile." 

I could watch them battle it out over and over and eat popcorn doing it, because

• nobody is getting physically attacked
  • they are all fairly equally heinous and so I don't care who gets verbally shanked, or how, and
  • all their dancing monkey asses could stop anytime they wanted to (see: Heather) but they don't want to. So no reason for me to worry more about them than they do themselves. Dance, monkeys, dance!

UO: "You fuck everyone" = slut shaming? I see the naming ... not so much the shaming. Can't a spade be called a spade anymore? If it's all good then it shouldn't be any different than "you're tall." "your hair is red." "you fuck everyone you date." Just the facts, ma'ams. I mean, sure, that whole "movement" annoys the shit out of me, but I'm uncool enough to believe it's kinda nasty to be all run up and through in the name of "sexual agency." If I were all vag-empowered and shit though, I would *think* I wouldn't care about someone commenting on it.     

*Belated props to whoever called it out in last week's thread; I wanted to say something then but the dead horse-ification of Luann's poor maligned virtue drove me away. 

Telling Luann that she sleeps with a lot of people is stating the facts. That is like saying her hair is short, her voice is deep. Telling her that she fucks everyone is an extreme fabrication meant to shame her. Calling her a whore is definitely shaming. What's worse is that after all of the comments about Luann sleeping around and being a slut, Carole and Bethenny are seen talking about sleeping with a lot of people and about one night stands as if it's some important passage in life. They've obviously created a line in the sand of what constitutes slutty and they've conveniently drawn that line to ensure that they and Luann are standing on opposite sides of it.

But I do agree that they all have horrible elements to their personality so it's hard to feel bad for any of them for too long, if at all. I sometimes feel like a flip flopper because I can't be consistent with saying I like anyone. I agree or disagree based on the situation. They're all far too inconsistent for me to use the term 'like'.

• Love 18
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Telling Luann that she sleeps with a lot of people is stating the facts. That is like saying her hair is short, her voice is deep. Telling her that she fucks everyone is an extreme fabrication meant to shame her. Calling her a whore is definitely shaming. What's worse is that after all of the comments about Luann sleeping around and being a slut, Carole and Bethenny are seen talking about sleeping with a lot of people and about one night stands as if it's some important passage in life. They've obviously created a line in the sand of what constitutes slutty and they've conveniently drawn that line to ensure that they and Luann are standing on opposite sides of it.

But I do agree that they all have horrible elements to their personality so it's hard to feel bad for any of them for too long, if at all. I sometimes feel like a flip flopper because I can't be consistent with saying I like anyone. I agree or disagree based on the situation. They're all far too inconsistent for me to use the term 'like'.

There was a LOT of screaming, so I missed the whore part. She could have done without that. And yes you fuck everyone could either be an exaggeration, or bad grammar (i.e., you'll fuck anyone.)  But mostly I can't get all up in arms about it. She went in mercilessly on Carole on social media for a good while before Carole ever even answered back. IMO "slut" or "whore" isn't worse than "pedophile" or any other insults Luann has used. You either is or you ain't, and who cares anyway? Besides, Luann is a stone bitch when she wants to be. She can act all pearl-clutchy and catch the "well I nevah!" vapors now, but somewhere in Australia, Alex and Simon are giggling their asses off. 

Edited by SnarkKitty
Needed to talk more shit about Luann.
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Yes, that was an Adderall rage.  Beth had to make sure she didn't eat.

Nailed it .....  During certain parts of tonight's episode Bethenny was talking faster than I think I've ever seen her talk before.  Adderall indeed.  

• Love 9

Scary Island happened over a period of days, and Kelly really is crazy!  This seemed so forced, disjointed and so unnecessary.  

Since Tom is single, I don't think Lu needed to ask anyone's permission to date him.

• Love 12
(edited)

I was prescribed Adderall once to help with my energy level, and it made me talk non-stop, not eat, and I was a mean dog with a bone.  I gave that shit up ASAP.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

There was a LOT of screaming, so I missed the whore part. She could have done without that. And yes you fuck everyone could either be an exaggeration, or bad grammar (i.e., you'll fuck anyone.)  But mostly I can't get all up in arms about it. Luann is a stone bitch when she wants to be. She can act all pearl-clutchy now, but somewhere in Australia Alex and Simon are giggling their asses off. 

Yeah a lot happened so that's understandable. I read someone else mention that Ramona told Luann that she was dating and sleeping with Tom when Luann started dating him. I don't recall Ramona mention that she slept with him. And from their story I understood it as Luann had met Tom for a period of time before they started dating. When he went on his first date with Luann, he was still dating other people and up until that episode it seems like they were both still dating other people but liked each other best. The interesting bit is what Beth's friend told her about what she overheard between Luann and Tom. Important to note - before Luann made the comment, did Tom tell her he was dating Ramona or he had dated Ramona. Because if it was past tense, it's understandable that Luann would make that comment in a manner that suggests that she's not bothered so Ramona can be his past but Luann is his present.

The whole slut shaming thing is such a sensitive topic now because the bottom line is that someone's sex life is only the business of the people they're sleeping with. End of story. When you make it a point of argument to refer to someone's sexual preferences or practices as a dig, it's unneeded and says a lot more about the person slinging the mud than the person receiving it. As I said, every single one of them is hypocritical and that's understood but there's nothing more annoying than seeing one hypocrite cry hypocrisy to another hypocrite. Neither Bethenny or Carole think they're a hypocrite despite having episodes where all of their behaviour is of them engaging in hypocritical behaviour. Annoying.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think I heard Ramona said something about Luann making that comment about Carole at a children's party!

I went back to the recording because I had a question about this.  On this ep, when Jules and Carol are sitting on the floor having their weird purse picnic, Carol explains to Jules that Luann screamed at Carol that she was a pedophile at a children's charity event.  Is this new information?  I really thought the "pedophile" label was lobbed via twitter.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

The whole slut shaming thing is such a sensitive topic now because the bottom line is that someone's sex life is only the business of the people they're sleeping with. End of story. When you make it a point of argument to refer to someone's sexual preferences or practices as a dig, it's unneeded and says a lot more about the person slinging the mud than the person receiving it. As I said, every single one of them is hypocritical and that's understood but there's nothing more annoying than seeing one hypocrite cry hypocrisy to another hypocrite. Neither Bethenny or Carole think they're a hypocrite despite having episodes where all of their behaviour is of them engaging in hypocritical behaviour. Annoying.

Okay - then that would equally apply to Luann's commentary on Bethenny needing to get laid or Carole sleeping with a child. Because if a full and boisterous sex life is off limits, age of partners (if legal) and a dry spell (if it is one) should be off limits also, under the "not your sex life/not your business" code. Yet there isn't an equal outcry when Ramona is called frigid or says Bethenny needs to get laid, so ... yeah. 

And I see you do call them all hypocrites, but not sure if it's because of that reason. (Lord knows there are so many to choose from!)

• Love 17

So did Dorinda actually get to watch Law & Order??

I LOVED learning that about her. I can't explain why. 

I don't blame Dorinda for blowing up in the kitchen. LuAnn was pretty snotty about the cake. I got her point, but she went on about it for too long, and surely The Countess would have given someone else a lecture for how to behave in a hostess' home. I think Dorinda's frustrations were more about the fact that she opened up her home, tried to make it warm and welcoming for everyone, deliberately excluded Sonja to try to keep the vibe cool, and these women were already at each other before they'd unpacked.

• Love 15
(edited)

Jules is trying to call her sick father in the hospital, who could possibly die, and LuAnn could not give two fucks. "He sounds incoherent, he's dying and I'm not there" - "Did you hear those things she said to me? It was just so cruel". Wow. I don't know if I've seen worse narcissism on this show. Jules was just a warm body to vent to and try to get sympathy from. She could have been anyone. Her little life didn't matter at all. 

I thought the same thing - how insensitive, but now I think it may have been the infamous editing monkeys at work.  The scene seemed choppy to me to begin with.

Blogs are still not up (Queen Bethenny hasn't blogged since May 18), but I found this

The Real Housewives of NY Bus Tour

Seriously? $49.00?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I was prescribed Adderall once to help with my energy level, and it made me talk non-stop, not eat, and I was a mean dog with a bone.  I gave that shit up ASAP.

Yaaas!  This.  When one of my best friends was prescribed Adderall for a short period she used to come over to my apartment and clean furiously, non-stop.  With rage a la Mommie Dearest.  That kind of cleaning.  I used to joke whisper to her "Shhhh.  Less talking, more cleaning ...  No you cannot have a cup of coffee".  

• Love 13

Luann was a complete utter mess.  What set the whole thing off was her claiming she was responsible for the Skinny Girl brand - then back pedaling and saying she never said that.  She piss off Dordina - by mocking her birthday cake - after telling her it was her fault as the hostess for not shutting Bethenny down.  The worst of it was when she totally ignored Jules, who was upset about her dad.  In as far as her breaking the Girl Code with Ramona, I can totally see Luann doing that. After all, this is someone who obviously has no moral conscience about hooking up with other wives' husbands.

• Love 9

Luann puts herself above everyone else. She also only thinks about herself. Perfect example is jules trying to tell luann about her dad dying and Luann not hearing one word.

What i dont understand is why luann thinks everyone is out to get her. What does anyone gain catching luann with a man, or having her hairstyle

Im starting to think Luann needs a good therapy session

• Love 9
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

What's funny to me is I feel like LuAnn is finally being her true self -- the one who enjoys a good romp, a few drinks, and a bawdy good time.  Before they were all over her for her Countess bullshit (which I agree with).  Now she's enjoying her life and doesn't put up a pretense and she's a slut!

See this exactly. So what? Now she's being the way she's being and it contradicts the haughty version she gave us in seasons past so it's okay  to go after her because her current behavior doesn't match her past stances? I mean I don't get it. This is what happens when children fight. The problem is whenever anyone has an issue with Lu and lets say gets into a minor back and forth all of a sudden this parade of offenses gets thrown out as some dueling tactic and it's sooooo out of context I want to scream.

Lu and Beth's conversation included a well toned comment from Lu about the Skinny Girl name but at the same time Beths words aren't correct either. She sits backs and snarkily counters with yeah, and you told everybody you came up with the name. Ummmmm when? Are they talking about the book inscription from last season where in the book I think Beth was good naturedly acknowledging that Lu was present during one of the break through moments or lets say milestone moments of Skinnygirl which was that Lu was the first one to enjoy it in a public setting AND on camera with Beth while attaching the name to the product.

The inscription seemed like a nice gesture, Heather made her tongue and cheek comment about Lu getting a car which by the way, is amazing how ALL OF THAT gained momentum since it was pretty obvious that Heather was joking. It was Beth's reaction to Heather joking about it that even made the whole "Lu is taking credit for the name" come to life. This is a beef out there that Beth actually created. Now it continues and Beth presents it like Lu has been going around town claiming the name when at this point, and this is key, I think Lu likes to let the idea float just enough in order to piss Beth off. And I think she only does it when Beth decides to go after her about like last night. If Beth wants to pick a fight with her about the name thing yet AGAIN then it seems like Lu likes to give it back. I ain't mad at her cause it's always Beth that likes to pick THAT particular fight. For no reason.

Look,I don't think she even had any interest in claiming it at all but since Beth had such a coronary when Heather joked about it and continues to blame Lu for a joke Heather made Lu likes "point out" that she was there with her when the name came up. And from that moment she ran with her brand and all that. Not once does she say she came up with it she just stresses the fact and it is a fact that she was present when it was all coming together between her having the same drink, using the name and being filmed. That was the very very beginning of Skinnygirl margarita and THAT's the point she's making. Which is that she was there when it took its first steps as a witness and I kinda think Lu does want to be able to hold on to that detail. A lot of people take pride and are excited to be a part of history in the making even if it is just as a witness or participant.

So I think if Lu does come across as if she is a bit serious about being a part of the humble begininngs of skinny girl, you know, when she's in the middle of pushing Beth's buttons, then I think that vibe comes from not giving in about that detail which is that she was there for one of Skinnygirls first milestone moments and she doesn't feel like she should have to downplay it. I mean most people celebrate not only the milestone but who is was shared with and I think underneath Lu resents the fact that Beth's so eager to take the moment away from Lu because she can't take a joke. Not only that but Beth can't change what happened and needs to stop trying to put in the context she wants to put it in just because she's mad at Lu. I think Lu's point is be mad all you want but you can't change what happened.

So now we have a corny little spat at the table that I feel Lu deescalated at the end of the last episode so now, here I'm thinking there moving on but now Beth only moves seats and then proceeds to slam Lu to Ramona? Dorinda? not sure while Lu is sitting right there. What kind of punk as move is that. Like bitch Lu is sitting right there. Say that shit to her. I was completely amazed that Beth was actually doing that. Ummmmm what? Oh so you just want to keep fighting. I love how Lu stood up and took the one step that was seperating them and she asked Beth what gives. I mean seriously. They just finished they little spat right? So now you're still pumped, the anger hasn't completely subsided, I get it but then the conversation gets launched into just a Lu bashing rant. How the hell did that start? I mean shit. Lu wasn't just gonna sit there and hear you tell the next chick that you want to bash her over the head with something and that she's so freaking annoying... So then Lu steps up and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and that's all she did. Then the bullets fly and it's open season yet again on Lu and claims that are ridiculous AND OLD.

Even the flashbacks were lame. Okay so they show her giving advice. One was the bitchy moment about who pays the check whatever. The others honestly look to me like a women talking about dating and offering up how she goes about it and what she thinks would work for other women. Sure she used to use the etiquette thing as a vehicle to get her displeasure about something across no doubt but the other instances of her giving advice were usually not mean spirited but just corny and eye roll worthy. Regardless the woman said in last nights episode that she's been out and about having fun, having a good time and she's not denying it but this is what really bugs me it seems she's not owning it cause she's what? Not giving details. "Oh yeah, I banged Joe shmoo last night, did the reverse cowgirl then sat on his face", "Two nights ago it was his brother James who was way hotter so HE got anal as well as a blow job" Like I'm not understanding what the fuck they want from this women. She's doing things in the present and then it seems people are grabbing shit from the past to call her out on.

It's like oh okay so I'm fucking a lot now and that contradicts my prudish front from the past and somehow I need to answer for what again? So everyone's mad that she's no longer acting the way she used to act that nobody liked but somehow it's still pissing people off cause what? She hasn't put out some public announcement about how she's always been a slut and she's ashamed that she spent all those years Countessing and pissing people off while having a freak flag of her own? I am so very fucking confused on what the fuck Lu is supposed to be declaring and why the fuck she should have to. Move on already.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I thought the same thing - how insensitive, but now I think it may have been the infamous editing monkeys at work.  The scene seemed choppy to me to begin with.

Blogs are still not up, but I found this

The Real Housewives of NY Bus Tour

Seriously? $49.00?

O'rlly??

• See the restaurant where Bethenny's "Get off my jock" was coined (What's it called, 1980?)
  • Pass by Le Cirque, home of the "leg toss heard around the world"
  • Check out the shop where Bethenny invited the girls to let loose and decorate some cupcakes
  • See the hotel where Ramona renewed her vows
  • Drive past the Watch What Happens Live studios
  • Shop at Kelly’s favorite place to buy jewelry
  • Visit the Russian Tea Room where the first season reunion show was filmed

This has to be the weakest tour with the most bullshit reasons to drive by something ever. And I say this as a person who took the TMZ Hollywood tour past the spot where the sign hit Kanye in the head. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm assuming that Luann made the pedophile comment to Carole but didn't go around town calling her a pedophile to people

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Carole said that LuAnn shouted it, or said it loudly, when they were at the same event. I don't think the fact that Lu doesn't remember it means it was inconsequential. She just doesn't care about anything other than herself. Also, she might very well remember it, but be playing it off like it's not big deal. Also, while I do not think Bethenny or Carole should be calling Lu a "slut" or "whore", I do think the pedophile thing is worse. A lot of women don't care about those derogatory terms. They own it, they're proud of it. Women call their friends "slut" and "whore" in a fun, flippant way. Pedophile is never used that way. No one is going to proudly own that they like molesting little kids. No one is going to call their friend a "pedophile" in jest. It's just not the same to me. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Luann never took credit for Skinnygirl marg she did say she was "there". I wonder if that's a veiled production insinuation that she, Luann when she had the Countess popularity Pre planned to film with B in a scene where they highlighted her drink to HELP Bethenny at a time when Luann had some advantage with producers. 

That is what I think is going down there. 

This was the most bizarre part of Bethenny's anger for me. In the last episode, Luann was giving Bethenny credit for creating her brand on her own, high-fiving her, when B snarked about how Luann tried to say she came up with the name. Luann just said she was there, which she was.  

B seems so insecure about everything in her life - maybe it's because she's afraid she's going to lose it, and maybe that explains drawing out her divorce (which will cost her the same amount in legal fees as the apartment she's fighting over is worth). She is so afraid she's going to lose what she has that she is in constant fight mode, and can never just relax.  She's such a miserable person.  

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It was kind of like the bizarre story where Bethenny's "friend" claimed Luann rolled up on Ramona's ma, and Ramona claims Luann went home and slept with him that night.  I think they spend way too much time on Luann and her love life.  Sad women.  Much like Ramona's friend claiming John was outside spouting off about he and Dorinda.  These women are sometimes big old fools and nasty gossips. 

I loved when Luann was questioning Ramona about where Ramona heard the story of Luann saying to Tom "You dated Ramona, now I'm next".  Ramona was stammering and falling all over herself to not reveal the "source" - which turned out to be a friend of Bethenny's??  You know that Bethenny was the one who said that to Ramona.  I don't know if the conversation between Tom and Luann ever happened, but even if it did, it could have been something said in jest, after Tom expressed interest in dating Luann.  Either way, what difference does it make?  We've all seen how the dating pool on the UES is smaller than a baby's wading pool, so I would assume that all the eligible women of the UES know and date all the available men.  

Ramona, herself, admitted last night that she dated Tom a few times, and "he wasn't for her", so what's the big friggin' deal?  

Not only that, but didn't Dorinda originally introduce Tom and Luann?  If Dorinda and Ramona are such good friends, wouldn't Dorinda have known that Ramona had dated Tom?  Or, did Ramona not mention Tom's name to her good friends?  

And lastly, if no one in this group knew that Ramona had dated Tom until after the fact, why did Luann have to ask permission to date him?  I mean, I could see if Ramona had been in a long term relationship with him, but a few dates that didn't amount to anything?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If Ramona wants to keep her hair longer, I wish she'd go back to this style. The hair extensions/length are dragging her face down.dd3553ce507a25aa9ae62a2499ccac6f.jpg

What's funny to me is I feel like LuAnn is finally being her true self -- the one who enjoys a good romp, a few drinks, and a bawdy good time.  Before they were all over her for her Countess bullshit (which I agree with).  Now she's enjoying her life and doesn't put up a pretense and she's a slut!

Yes - agree on both points.  I couldn't help but think how Moaner got those extensions and funbags because she thought they'd make her look younger. When, in reality, they're doing the opposite. She looks ridiculous.

11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone notice whether or not Bethenny apologized to Dorinda?  I think I recall Luann apologizing, but I don't recall Bethenny acting anything but self-righteous

I'm slowly losing any kind of like I may have had for her.  She is a perfect example of someone who believes their own press.  She got popular being the one who was spunky and snarky, but now, she's just shrill and rude.  Bethenny is really becoming a legend in her own mind.

Whatever her reasons for disliking Luann, she's entitled to them, but to offensively strike out in the manner she has been doing, well, I'm thinking she's more of a snake than Luann ever was or will be.  

I think repeatedly screaming "You're a whore!!!" at another woman is really low.  

It's doubtful. Have we ever seen BF apologize to anybody, on any of her shows, ever?  I can't recall a one.

10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jules is like one of those girls in high school who is on the periphery of the cool girls because she's good at math or something they can use her for, but, not really part of the group because she's a dork. On the outside looking in.

Maybe. But if that meant I could stay out of the fray of snarling, vicious attacks, hey, I'd be thrilled to be the "nerd" of the group. 

10 hours ago, escape said:

Bethenny's anger towards Luann really has more to do with unresolved issues from earlier seasons of the show.  Back then, Bethenny was the outsider of the group - the struggling single girl.  And Luann was in her snotty Countess glory - who treated Bethenny as if she was below her.  She completely took Jill Zarin's side when Jill and Bethenny had their fallout and dismissed Bethenny altogether.   Payback's a bitch

I think you are definitely onto something here.  BF is delighting in the fact that she has the "upper hand" on the show now and will use any teeny-tiny "infraction" that Lu commits to go after her hard and fast.  As evidenced last night during this shitshow.

10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What a pathetic episode.  So pathetic that I'm on Lu's side and I can't stand Lu.  Lower your voice Beth.  Who the heck cares that Lu likes to take men home and doesn't own it.  How does that affect you?  Oh wait.  You didn't have a problem in Turks.  Heather did because it did affect her.  What a hypocrite. 

Beth couldn't finish anything she was saying?  What?  She was on a manic diatribe.  And yeah, your hair cut 'does' look like Lu's except Lu's highlights are nicer (JMO).   And she did owe Doris an apology.

Dorinda went off about her mother.  What?  Lu was right.  At least it wasn't a close up shot of Doris with something in her teeth.  I guess she doesn't need the dirty martinis to set her off.

Ro is an instigator.  And the extensions look really bad.  Leave your dog home if he can't behave in someone's home.

That house must have been really cold.  Everyone is wearing jackets or sweaters.  My house can get chilly in the wintertime but I push up the thermostat for company.

Oh Carole, being team Beth may be good for the TPTB but it's not for the viewers. 

Lastly,  Beth claims she's never gone off on someone like that.  I highly doubt it.  That's your style - know it all and bitch till the end. 

I nodded throughout your entire post -- yes to all of this! Your first paragraph especially.  I generally can't stand Lu, but dammit if Beth didn't make me take her side last night.  Damn you to hell, Frankel!

10 hours ago, Pepperminty said:

When are they going to call out Dorinda for being a sloppy, old drunk?
They make a big deal over Sonja's drinking so why not Dorinda? Even her tag line is sad -- something about margheritas...

Bethenny was just ugly tonight. I've always been a fan but I saw tonight just how much of a shrew she is and actually felt sorry for Jason.

Oh, did you not Bethenny Getting Married or Bethenny Ever After? My hatred of her was firmly solidified watching those shows (and I had been a semi-fan of her up until that point from her stint on the first 3 seasons of Real Housewives!)  They way she treated Jason and his parents was beyond the pale. And that's what she did IN FRONT of the cameras.  Can you imagine the shit she did and said when the cameras weren't there? I was telling him to "Run, Jason, runnnnnnn" long before they separated.  

10 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

All I could think the whole time was that could have been better with Heather Thompson telling a motherfucker not to mess with her.

Right???!  I am so missing Heather, and last night especially. 

Beth's ex should get hazard pay for maintaining an erection long enough to impregnate that miserable banshee.

Annnnd the coffee has hit the keyboard. Can we get this engraved on a pillow or something? It reads like poetry!!

• Love 16

Unless the Skinnygirl brand is about to launch new products like Adderall Martinis, Anorexic Bitch Snack Mix or Screaming Psycho Smores, I don't see how this episode will help the brand or Miss Frankel's personal brand at that.  And I say this as a huge and loyal Bethenny fan.  Look I love her humor and directness, but this attack on LuAnn was over the top and just too much.  Especially to lay into LuAnn for the Skinnygirl naming brouhaha that occurred seven years ago and for shaming her for sleeping with multiple men. Who cares?  LuAnn is a single, 51 year old woman with grown children who no longer live at home-- she can do as she damn pleases.  

And Carole, I love you too but an embalmed skeletal corpse wearing baggy 1999's clothes from the Urban Outfitters post-grunge collection is not a great look for you.  You normally look so pretty.

As much as I am addicted to this show, I don't want to see Sonja get beat up next week. Clearly the battle lines are drawn for the Reunion.  In one corner, we have the Evil Anorexic Coven and the hanger-on (Bethenny, Carole and Jules). In the other, we have the Menopausal Scapegoats (LuAnn, Sonja) who seem to be the objects of everyone's wrath.  And in the third corner, we have the Switzerland Switch Hitters (Ramona, Dorinda) who seem neutral by actually stir shit up by playing the teams against one another.  Lets not forget the Reunion Male Special Guest Stars The Blob (John) who will be there so Dorinda can have another martini-fueled meltdown and The Hottie (Tom) who will start trouble between LuAnn and Ramona.

• Love 22

As much as I've always liked and - to some extent - defended Carole, I have to admit that even I am getting reallllly annoyed by her this season.  Acting like she didn't like Lu was going to be at the house when Dorinda plainly told her that she would be was ridiculous.

And, let's be real, the fact that she has cozied up to Bethenny isn't doing her any favors (in my book).   

And while I was (and still am!) still very much on her side regarding why she dislikes Lu - after how Lu treated her regarding Adam - I feel like she's acting very childish in the situations where she is forced to interact with her. To keep physically running away from her blatantly ignoring her makes you look just as bad as her!

And Carole, I love you too but an embalmed skeletal corpse wearing baggy 1999's clothes from the Urban Outfitters post-grunge collection is not a great look for you.  You normally look so pretty.

Ooh and this. WTH happened to her last night? She looked like she aged 10 years in one episode! Terrible hairstyle and outfit choice.

• Love 10

Obviously, Bravo casts narcissists and other personality disordered women for a reason, but this show has so few emotionally healthy people that it's just become an idiotic screamfest. imo Bethenny needs a whole lot of help, but she's probably the least likely to seek it.

• Love 8

This may have been the best hour of housewives ever. So much to delight in.

In case no one told y'all, Dorinda cleaned and put out decorations and made things nice and her mother made a cake! I am not sure why she never said that. And the dog shit... why was everyone else picking it up and Ramona just left and went upstairs? 

I will leave the rest to you more prolific posters.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

I get the annoyance with Bethenny, but she makes for great TV.  This season with all its insanity is at least fun to watch.

As for the slut shaming.  I agree that two single adults should be able to do what they want, but when did it become okay to sleep with married people?  Lu didn't deny it when it was thrown out there.  Why is that all of a sudden okay just because people hate Bethenny more?

Bethenny threw that out there because during last season's Turks and Caicos trip, Luann and Ramona brought some guys back to the house, and supposedly, Luann slept with one of the guys, who, they later found out was married.  All of this occurred off camera, and Luann claimed that she had no idea the guy was married.  To Luann, the guy was a "one and done, vacation fun" hook-up.  

As far as I can remember, that was the only time that Luann hooked up with a married guy.  Not that I'm excusing Luann, but if the guy didn't tell Luann he was married, how was she to know?  Yes, that was morally loose behavior, but that's for Luann to deal with, not for Bethenny to throw stones at.  What's next, Bethenny - will Luann be required to wear a bright scarlet letter "A" attached to all her clothing??  

• Love 7
(edited)

Jules, honey, these people have shown you who they are. Friends who sit there with no interest as you say your father has been hospitalized are not your friends at all.

I found the argument between Luann and Bethenny hysterical. Bethenny is huffing and puffing and Luann looks halfway amused. Okay, so Luann is a bit of a hypocrite - she sleeps around, but was highly critical of everyone else for several seasons. I get why she's hard to deal with. But Bethenny's list of grievances were eye-roll inducing.

On a shallow note, I adore Dorinda's house. It's big, but it's lived in. I love homes like that.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 9

Where to begin....first I was raised on the TWOP rules of reading the entire thread before posting - there were too many good posts to risk losing my spot.  Here's a couple of my favorite dots points....all previously mentioned

The hiding in the closet.  Carole was hilarious "mark of a rich person, wallpaper in the closet".  10 bucks, Jules is wallpapering her closets as we speak.

Carole again:  "you wouldn't make a good spy"

Jules:  with the mom bag of goblets

Dorinda:  making everything niiiice

Dorinda:  watching L&O.  A woman after my own heart.  I do that all the time.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Bethenny's blog is up.  I didn't read it because once again the title is how she has "zero tolerance for bs".

I have zero tolerance for Bethenny.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12

20100402_rhwnyc_6_560x315.jpg

Lu, seriously....stay on Bethenny's good side.....mention how you named Skinnygirl Margarita's...Are you listening?  Lu??

Sorry....just had to.... don't know why ....  :D

• Love 9

It certainly sounds like Bethany & Luann spent time together over the Summer, so I understand why Luann is surprised by Bethany's reactions to her now that they're filming (Ramona's birthday party another example).  

If Bethany has decided that she doesn't like Luann for whatever reason, that's fine.  However, the vitriol she spewed said way more about her and her unhappiness than it said about Luann.  Especially considering the way she's gone at others this season.  Totally over top and quite ugly.  It was hard to watch.  I applaud Luann for keeping her cool as much as she did.  Other than the muttered piece of shit comment, she refrained from hitting Bethany below the belt and tried many times to diffuse the situation.  

How can anyone talk about potential eating disorder with Jules while skeletor Carole is around?  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

s far as I can remember, that was the only time that Luann hooked up with a married guy.  Not that I'm excusing Luann, but if the guy didn't tell Luann he was married, how was she to know?  Yes, that was morally loose behavior, but that's for Luann to deal with, not for Bethenny to throw stones at.  What's next, Bethenny - will Luann be required to wear a bright scarlet letter "A" attached to all her clothing??  

I totally agree that men hide their marriages all the time and it's not a woman's fault if she sleeps with him unawares. However, it was Lu's response that really grated, for me. She was all, "Eh" and shrugging her shoulders. It gave the appearance that it wasn't the first time, and probably wouldn't be the last time. I don't know, but if it were me, I'd feel pretty shitty if I found that out. I'd know it wasn't my fault, but I think I'd still feel some empathy for the wife, some remorse, something. 

• Love 10

All I could think the whole time was that could have been better with Heather Thompson telling a motherfucker not to mess with her.

Since Heather also has a place in the Berkshires, I was soo hoping for her to pop up. I know that would have never happened, especially given the falling-out Dorinda had with her last season, but I would have LOVED seeing Heather come in the front door, all teeth and cheerfulness, whooping "HOLLA bitches!"

Plus, we would have gotten to see the blood completely disappear from B's face.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Totally OT but a few days ago, I saw it spelled as "pettifile".  True.

maybe it *should* be spelled like that.  the first time I saw it written, I mistakenly thought that the definition was "one with a foot fetish."  (as in, I said, who cares if they're showing a Mapplethorpe exhibit?  how offensive are *feet*?)

• Love 2

Seeing Dorinda's housekeeper just casually going about her business while Luann and Bethenny were fighting and while Dorinda was melting down over the cake was the best part of this episode. 

• Love 17

Luann's friend in T&C went home and the houseboy said he and Luann had been making out on the deck. Luann said they had talked about their divorces.  Since no one was around to hear the conversation why would this not be true?  The man left, Ramona's man of the evening stayed and had nothing to do with Luann.  Luann, who would be the only person to know, stated in her blog the man left with his marriage vows intact.  Just because Carole, Heather, Ramona and Bethenny dislike someone doesn't make their account true and Luann's false.  Do we automatically discount Ramona's claim that she did not sleep with Tom because she has been such a arbiter of truth?  I think Ramona has been dishonest on several occasions.   I don't really believe Ramona had seven dates with Tom.  In her blog she said six and Luann relayed that Tom said Ramona and Tom had been out to dinner.

I guess Luann is a bad person for making out with a separated guy but Bethenny a still married woman, can sleep and date whoever she wants?  These women should not be setting standards and they tend to fall short and are contradictory.   Adult relationships get complicated.  Last season Ramona was on the prowl, while married and in fact reunited with Mario after dating.  The legal definition of married and the social definition of married can vary wildly.  To me, these women use married when it is convenient to disparage another, if they are friendly with the person the issue doesn't come up. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Bethenny threw that out there because during last season's Turks and Caicos trip, Luann and Ramona brought some guys back to the house, and supposedly, Luann slept with one of the guys, who, they later found out was married.  All of this occurred off camera, and Luann claimed that she had no idea the guy was married.  To Luann, the guy was a "one and done, vacation fun" hook-up.  

As far as I can remember, that was the only time that Luann hooked up with a married guy.  Not that I'm excusing Luann, but if the guy didn't tell Luann he was married, how was she to know?  Yes, that was morally loose behavior, but that's for Luann to deal with, not for Bethenny to throw stones at.  What's next, Bethenny - will Luann be required to wear a bright scarlet letter "A" attached to all her clothing??  

You're willing to give Luann the benefit of the doubt, but based on her reaction (a "whatever" shrug and laughing when Sonja said s*** happens), I'm not.  Also, the guy had no problem telling whoever told Kristen, but it didn't come up with Luann?  Possible, but for me, doubtful.

• Love 7

I think Bethenny was definitely on something, as some have suggested Adderall.  Plus, it's like she opened up a vein of deep seated hate, which I don't think had a thing to do with Luann.  I'm wondering if something in Luann's personality or behavior reminds Bethenny of her mother.  It's like this long suppressed hatred came out, nothing that would be warranted of a co-worker, someone she sees and films with for a short time, who is not really part of her life that much.  This is long term hate that came spewing forth.  The whole you're a whore, you sleep with everyone - why would she even care about Luann?  Even if Luann is being two faced, the whole cast is two faced at one time or another.  There is something much deeper going on with Bethenny.  She needs to get into therapy sooner than later, no joke.  

• Love 8