Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, charmed1 said:

God, Bethenny is like Estelle Costanza without the funny. What an insufferable woman.

Hoochie Mama! HOOCHIE MAAMAAAAAAA!!

11 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

All I could think the whole time was that could have been better if Heather Thompson had been there like you wanna mess with me motherfucker

Did anyone else catch how completely they cut around Heather in the confrontation between her and Bethenny at last year's  Berkshirefest? I feel like that's a new extreme -- I know they've showed Alex's face in old footage, and I think Kelly's, but here you just saw that weird patterned dress Heather was wearing. Either she's entirely persona non grata with Bravo, and/or she's much better at maintaining control over her own image rights than the others (I hope it's the latter). 

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm sure that Lady Morgan was gleefully watching this episode while sipping some prosecco surrounded by a gaggle of interns.

In my imagined version of this scene, said interns look and are dressed like Chippendales dancers. 

8 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I'm surprised they showed LuAnn and Jules smoking (they usually hide the ciggies better on these shows).  But that scene was priceless, so I guess that scene had to make it.  Poor Jules kept bringing the conversation back to her dad, but LuAnn kept bringing it back to the slut comment, with no acknowledgment what the other said.  

I couldn't BELIEVE they finally showed them smoking. Is this the first time? I feel like that's been the subject of years of speculation. 

1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

I went back to the recording because I had a question about this.  On this ep, when Jules and Carol are sitting on the floor having their weird purse picnic, Carol explains to Jules that Luann screamed at Carol that she was a pedophile at a children's charity event.  Is this new information?  I really thought the "pedophile" label was lobbed via twitter.

I  think it is new information, and now I'm DYING to know more. 

1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

So did Dorinda actually get to watch Law & Order??

I LOVED learning that about her. I can't explain why. 

I would 100% have put on pajamas and gone upstairs to watch Law & Order with Dorinda. Get away from the crazies, have a cup of tea, and get your Jack McCoy on, lady. 

• Love 16

I'm wondering if all the women's day to day lives are so boring that they have to resort to such petty drama and screaming?

I'm hoping the OC has a better balance then what I've seen of NY.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I wish Cookie and Baby made the trip too--I would have rather watched the dogs play than those other bitches fight!

So true. Remember how Cookie used to lunge at, attack people and try to bite them? She seems better behaved now and B is doing the lunging, attacking and biting. B may need a trainer...

• Love 12

I usually don't like comments about the state of the show vs discussing what's on the show, but this cast has jumped the shark for me.  I'd be willing to bet that there are going to be big changes for next season.  I don't see how the current women can continue.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann's friend in T&C went home and the houseboy said he and Luann had been making out on the deck. Luann said they had talked about their divorces.  Since no one was around to hear the conversation why would this not be true?  The man left, Ramona's man of the evening stayed and had nothing to do with Luann.  Luann, who would be the only person to know, stated in her blog the man left with his marriage vows intact.  Just because Carole, Heather, Ramona and Bethenny dislike someone doesn't make their account true and Luann's false.  Do we automatically discount Ramona's claim that she did not sleep with Tom because she has been such a arbiter of truth?  I think Ramona has been dishonest on several occasions.   I don't really believe Ramona had seven dates with Tom.  In her blog she said six and Luann relayed that Tom said Ramona and Tom had been out to dinner.

I guess Luann is a bad person for making out with a separated guy but Bethenny a still married woman, can sleep and date whoever she wants?  These women should not be setting standards and they tend to fall short and are contradictory.   Adult relationships get complicated.  Last season Ramona was on the prowl, while married and in fact reunited with Mario after dating.  The legal definition of married and the social definition of married can vary wildly.  To me, these women use married when it is convenient to disparage another, if they are friendly with the person the issue doesn't come up. 

I agree!

• Love 2

Just a few random thoughts - trying not to repeat what everyone has said!

Bethenny and Luann's hairstyles -- really different, but the color and length make it look the same. Luann's hairstyle is in a 90's rut (like Lisa Rinna's) and Bethenny's is the current LOB like Kelly Ripa's hair.

Luann's apology texts - she wasn't really sincere when writing them, she was just following what Ramona was telling her to do and that's why they "read funny", as Carole pointed out. Carole can tell the words were not Luann's. Luann had a smirk when she sent the texts, she didn't really care. Part for fun, part mean-spirited. I think she liked that Bethenny went off on her, made her look like the better person. 

Ramona - too rehearsed, as the tweet said. Even the way she smiled in her TH's, blinking of eyes, jerking of her shoulders, etc. 

Jules - typical quiet person in the group who does not get heard when she has something important to say. Does not really like conflict, not a threat to anyone. 

Sonja should have been invited!!!! 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm wondering if all the women's day to day lives are so boring that they have to resort to such petty drama and screaming?

LOL with crazy-eyed banshee Vicki, Megan PI, and ratchet Tamra? My sources say NOPE. 

• Love 15
(edited)
55 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

You're willing to give Luann the benefit of the doubt, but based on her reaction (a "whatever" shrug and laughing when Sonja said s*** happens), I'm not.  Also, the guy had no problem telling whoever told Kristen, but it didn't come up with Luann?  Possible, but for me, doubtful.

I'm giving Luann the benefit of the doubt based on what was said after the fact.  As I mentioned, if the guy was away from his wife (whether separated or not), and looking for a good time, of course, he's not going to discuss his marital status with the good time girl he's trying to pick up.  And, if Luann was looking for a one night stand with someone she's never going to see again, she's not all that worried about marital status, either, especially if it wasn't brought up and the guy wasn't wearing a wedding band (or wedding band tanline).

The point is, that these women talk out of both sides of their mouths when it comes to this type of stuff.  Bethenny is technically still married, but yet, it's okay for her to date and sleep around.  Ramona was also technically still married when she was looking for love last season.  What's worse?  Sleeping with someone who didn't disclose they were married, or technically being married and knowingly sleep with someone?  

As far as Luann's reaction to the "he was married" comment and not seeming that worried about it - well, Luann was very hungover at that point, and I think she really was more concerned about that then some random guy's marital status.  Also, what's even more hypocritical is that Bethenny really had no problem with the situation at that time, but now, she's shouting it from the rooftops in the Berkshires.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I get what you are saying, it was insensitive of Luann, big time. But....LOL....Jules goes into the room with all the other women and tells them that Luann ignored her concerns/worries about her fathers ill health/hospitalization and not 1 of the 4 women there ask or say anything comforting to her, they just keep on bashing Luann without missing a beat!

I see your point and the other girls were probably being insensitive as well. But I do see the two situations as different. When she walked into the room she was walking into THEIR situation and she simply relayed info in a matter-of-fact way. With Lu, Jules was outside on the phone, actively involved in the situation, when Lu went out there. She got teary explaining it to Lu. And Lu acted as if she hadn't even spoken and just kept going on about HER issues. 

Since this episode was so good I watched again this morning and what Jules told Luann about her father was much different than what she told the other 4. With Luann, Jules said, "My father is dying and I'm not even there", "He has pneumonia and he doesn't sound right".  When she was in the bedroom with everyone else,  she said "I was outside calling my Dad", "I'm like you know what I am on the phone with my Dad, this is life". I know the scene was edited, but at least from what we saw she didn't mention that her Dad was in the hospital or that he is dying.

I agree that, as a single woman, Luann can date and sleep with whomever she wants (as long as he is unmarried) including a guy that was recently dating Ramona. But Luann loses me because she was so upset that Carole started dating Adam because he had recently dated Luann's niece. How is that different? Yes, Adam is much younger than Carole but he is well into adulthood and can date an older woman if he chooses. Pot meet kettle.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

And why now discount Luann has having any involvement when you put pen to paper to thank her in your book for helping you with the creation of Skinny Girl?

We will get a million flashbacks that back up Bethenny's story but Minion Andy will not flash to the Heather/Bethenny conversation about owing Lu a car or pull out the book inscription. So frustrating.

I don't believe for a minute that Dorinda didn't hear Bethenny yelling at the top of her lungs calling Lu a whore and a slut. As a hostess she has a duty to make sure all her guests are comfortable and feel welcomed. She failed miserably and worse of all acted a plum fool about a cake.

What about Dorinda saying John sees a wedding and babies? She says I don't know if I want that. Um... don't know if you want babies Doris? Ye of 50 years of age don't know if you want babies? Reminds me of the Golden Girls episode where Blanche is dating a younger dude and pretending her daughter's baby is her own. 

Blanche:
I don't know what I'm gonna do about Jason. He's reached a point in his life where he's anxious to settle down, he wants us to have another child right away. Well frankly, I don't know if I want another baby.

Dorothy:
I understand. Wait a couple of years and... [starts to laugh] Medicare will pay for it.

Sophia:
Why wait? Have it now and the Enquirer will pay for it!

What was interesting was B being shaken by her own psychotic break. She sits in the dining room with Carol and laments how she reached a point in her life where she doesn't want to hang around with people she doesn't like. I really think she was realizing that she had peddled backwards in a way by coming back on the show. She seemed to be wondering if the Bravo check and SK promotion was worth it. That moment to me seemed the realist all episode.

B's no BS mantra is bullshit.  The gag is she won't tolerate BS from those she deems below her from a socioeconomic, societal or business standpoint. If you are down here and she is up there, your BS won't be tolerate. But you are up there, well ... I bet your bullshit smells like hyacinth and jasmine to B. Reminds me of a conversation from the Newsroom I love so much: I am not fearless, I just knows who to fear

Speaking of hypocrites, didn't B write a book entitled "A Place of Yes"? That is only not hypocritical if the address of such place of yes is bitchville. 

I will pray a silent pray for any woman who subsequently marries Jason and become Brynn's stepmom. That is gonna be some ugly, fugly shit!!

The whole hairstyle thing was ridiculous and at one point I thought the Countess was just trolling B. I mean didn't Ramona say the same thing to Sonja at her own b-day party. Sonja just shrugged it off, because yeah, Ramona invented and owns the long scraggly, barrel curled, dyed blond locks with extensions look. 

Jebus, did the dog shit again or was the sam shit sitting there for hours? Whichever way you slice it, there must've been dog shit tracks all up and down Dorinda's house. 

Carol actually blew a raspberry in her TH when talking about Lu. Immature much?!?

Carol brought a cashmere coat for Adam huh? He doesn't strike me as the cashmere type. He is making out like a bandit. I want to know who paid for the camera he was looking to buy in that episode when she had the cup full of dog shit.

I never thought I would want Kristen back but if the alternative is Jules, than yes please. I don't dislike Jules or anything and it would be nice to have some diversity on this show (who didn't feel the need to mention it every day) but she is just such a non-MF factor. Also, who the hell describes themselves as submissive? She really loves playing and mentioning how she fulfills stereotypes and she has got a plethora to choose from given that she is Asian and Jewish.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

That's doubtful....OC seemed to thrive on petty dramas way before the RHNY did, and as for screaming - well, I don't think that Tamra and Vicki know how to speak any other way.

• Love 6

Jesus, Carole and Bethenny make bitter, jealous old hags look like fucking saints.  

I wouldn't invite either one of them to my event. All they do is bitch and moan.  Carole wants a medal for being in the same atmosphere as LuAnn and Bethenny assumes everyone wants to be Skinnygirl.  Just STFU already. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Okay - then that would equally apply to Luann's commentary on Bethenny needing to get laid or Carole sleeping with a child. Because if a full and boisterous sex life is off limits, age of partners (if legal) and a dry spell (if it is one) should be off limits also, under the "not your sex life/not your business" code. Yet there isn't an equal outcry when Ramona is called frigid or says Bethenny needs to get laid, so ... yeah. 

And I see you do call them all hypocrites, but not sure if it's because of that reason. (Lord knows there are so many to choose from!)

Well that's one of many reasons...there's a lot to choose from you can remember all of the stupid things they've said and gotten angry at each other for! haha.

For me, it was something to point out in Bethenny and Carole's case this episode/season because it's such a pet peeve of mine when people bring the 'hypocrisy' word into play. I think it's easy for all of us to fall into moments of 'do as I say not as I do' and often times it can be harmless. Sometimes it's not, so if you're going to put down the silly string and start slinging shit instead, you better be sure that you have a pretty harmless slate.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

it is her usual contradictory bullshit about not tolerating bullshit.  A summer is three months long, Bethenny claims she saw Luann twice and then goes on to say Luann was with dozens of men over the summer.  If she only saw her twice-how would she know?  Pick a lane Bethenny.  Luann has said she dated over the summer but that does not equate to having sex and I doubt in a three month period or even a six month period, Luann was with dozens of men.  Does Bethenny perhaps mean Luann frequented places with men?  It is just a shitty shady reference. 

Bethenny is still upset about the hair.  You don't have to admire someone to have the same hair. If Bethenny paid attention it has been a running joke between Sonja and Ramona about copying hairstyles.  Who cares?  I have a very serious CPA friend, who once commented she follows stories about Paris Hilton to check out her shoes because they have the same size feet  (size11) and see what she wearing and where she gets them.   She doesn't admire Paris Hilton.

Bethenny tells her assistant she goes out with a man and brings him home and stays up until 4 am but Luann staying up to 5 am with a man is worthy of mention? Is it the difference between 4 and 5 am that makes Luann's behavior inappropriate?  Glass houses.

One thing I'm noticing is that Beth's way of dispensing information is through exaggerations. Reminds me of how much shit Yo got for her exaggerated way of speaking but it's all taken in stride when Beth does it. Lu was with dozens of men????

Also, how the fuck does she know? Because of gossip? That's verifiable data? Also, AND? You're mad about the skinnygirl thing and I get that Lu was pushing buttons about the hair just to wind her up. The fact that Beth doesn't GET IT that Lu isn't even serious half the time she's just responding and countering the cattiness in the moment is one of the things that annoy me about Beth and this bunch! Sure she's giving it back when she finds herself in it but when these women take her in the moment rebuttals to SERIOUS heart that they are mulling over it a million years after the fact is what I find so ridiculous. She threw that out about the hair cause you guys ended up in an argument and she knew it was a sore spot for you so she kept jabbing you with it and I thought it was hilarious. Hey, you know what its better than her maybe saying some shit like "My God, Bless that husband of yours for being able to put up your shit long enough to give you Brynn". I mean, now THAT'S something to be sitting in a group, clutching pearls over. Something that I could understand would be lingering for seasons even but hair? An exaggerated claim of Lu trying to take ownership of the name which isn't even the case? Hell half the shit Beth was screaming at Lu in one episode would be enough for me to be kicking ass and taking names FO' SURE! But Lu's the nasty, mean girl saying mean things. Where the hell is Alice cause we MUST be  through the looking Glass for Real!

Lu shows classic signs of what most of us do in what I would expect to be considered petty spats. Her go to method is to just throw barbs which I honestly think is a whole lot better than trying to really get into some below the belt territory. The closest she got to that territory was with Carole I admit but I really saw that as not at all common for Lu. Look, she does throw barbs but she doesn't ever truly go for the jugular and when she has it's usually cause shit as a whole has gotten ridiculously out of hand and not by her alone. One thing about Lu, when shit starts to go down she'll take a couple of jabs but at the same time you can tell she has no real interest in actually putting the gloves on. Every other expression from her is usually one of disbelief, or oh come on, type of vibe. She's not going to completely concede hence the showdowns but I don't ever see her as the one that's invested in prolonging the encounter. She'll take her shots of course cause, well yeah, why the fuck shouldn't she if someone's coming for her but she's not the one that keeps the stress level pumping higher and higher cause SHE wants to go on a rant.

Oh and I took a look at Carole's twitter from last night and the way she is so nasty and condescending to anyone that is telling her about herself.. now granted, she's responding to negative tweets but it's how she does it that really just seals the deal for me. She's oh so above it, everyone is immature, she wants to lump everyone together in the nonsense citing the reality show aspect as if she's trying to say please don't come at me for being corny or lame or ridiculous when you sit at home watching such "drivel" your damn self. That's always been her defense. "It's a show and also if you have something to say about how "pitiful" I am on the show what does that say about the fact that you watch the show?". It's such a lazy response that doesn't even try because that's the message. There's this "It's not even worth an actual response" vibe but HONEY you ARE responding. What's maddening for me is that she really doesn't get how ridiculous she is. Like sure she can laugh at herself but I think that's an IDEA she puts out and tries to force on everyone. Not that she actually knows how to not take herself too seriously cause she does take herself too seriously while trying desperately and unsuccessfully to show us otherwise. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Dorinda hosted a true "Festivus".

The "Airing of the Grievence " was epic, too bad the actual Festivus pole was back in NYC up SonJa's vagina.

Yes, Sonja's vagina was the Festivus for the Rest-of-Us. #tbtseinfeld

• Love 7
(edited)

A summer is three months long, Bethenny claims she saw Luann twice and then goes on to say Luann was with dozens of men over the summer.  If she only saw her twice-how would she know? 

She didn't say she'd only seen Luann twice this summer, she said she'd only been to her house twice (after Luann said she'd spent the entire summer in her home). 

I completely understand WHY Bethenny is pissed off at Luann, but I think she's going about it the wrong way and I thought she was a little bit smarter than that. Screaming slut and whore is just making people feel sorry for Lu, even though she's the worst. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

So did Dorinda actually get to watch Law & Order??

I LOVED learning that about her. I can't explain why. 

I don't blame Dorinda for blowing up in the kitchen. LuAnn was pretty snotty about the cake. I got her point, but she went on about it for too long, and surely The Countess would have given someone else a lecture for how to behave in a hostess' home. I think Dorinda's frustrations were more about the fact that she opened up her home, tried to make it warm and welcoming for everyone, deliberately excluded Sonja to try to keep the vibe cool, and these women were already at each other before they'd unpacked.

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Dorinda, all her major faults not withstanding. She is a curious mix of the blue collar girl she grew up as and the now well off woman. She has great stylish taste in clothes and Best Buy taste in home decor. She watches Law and Order and House Hunters. She fondly remembers Pu Pu Platters (earlier episode). She goes from zero to 60, and back again, in a nanosecond. She makes things nice, damnit! 

For all these reasons, and more, she tickles me and out of all of them, I think she would be a good friend......as long as I remembered not to criticize her cake. 

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Since this episode was so good I watched again this morning and what Jules told Luann about her father was much different than what she told the other 4. With Luann, Jules said, "My father is dying and I'm not even there", "He has pneumonia and he doesn't sound right".  When she was in the bedroom with everyone else,  she said "I was outside calling my Dad", "I'm like you know what I am on the phone with my Dad, this is life". I know the scene was edited, but at least from what we saw she didn't mention that her Dad was in the hospital or that he is dying.

I agree that, as a single woman, Luann can date and sleep with whomever she wants (as long as he is unmarried) including a guy that was recently dating Ramona. But Luann loses me because she was so upset that Carole started dating Adam because he had recently dated Luann's niece. How is that different? Yes, Adam is much younger than Carole but he is well into adulthood and can date an older woman if he chooses. 

Didn't Jules and Luann ride up together? If they did perhaps Luann had just heard about the dad during the three hour ride.  It would seem in a five hour period that Jules dad either had a drastic change or Jules was more likely trying to divert the attention from what was happening in the house.  None of the women seemed to be all the empathetic towards her and with Jules she doesn't read a situation very well.  It would seem her hospitalized father went from having pneumonia to dying in a relatively short period of time.  Sad, but I would be getting back in the SUV and headed to see him. 

• Love 6

Bethenny tells her assistant she goes out with a man and brings him home and stays up until 4 am but Luann staying up to 5 am with a man is worthy of mention? Is it the difference between 4 and 5 am that makes Luann's behavior inappropriate?  Glass houses.

As far as I know Bethenny has never pretended that she's above that kind of thing. Luann of season two and three was pretty horrible and patronizing on those same subjects, while acting completely different behind the scenes not only now but also back then. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I went back to the recording because I had a question about this.  On this ep, when Jules and Carol are sitting on the floor having their weird purse picnic, Carol explains to Jules that Luann screamed at Carol that she was a pedophile at a children's charity event.  Is this new information?  I really thought the "pedophile" label was lobbed via twitter.

Thanks, I knew I heard Ramona say something about a kids event and Luann loudly saying Carole was a pedophile.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Dorinda introduced Tom to Luann. So if we are going to blame someone, shouldn't it be Dorinda? 

And, if Dorinda and Ramona are such good, good friends, wouldn't Dorinda know that Ramona was dating Tom either from Ramona or Tom?

I haven't got to watch the show again....when Dorinda and LuLu were talking about Ramona, Tom made an interesting face.  Lol, I'm hoping T. Kyle pulls off a gif of it so you all can see what I think I'm seeing.  :D

• Love 6

I'm little lost on the B/L battle. Bethany is really pissed at Lu but why, really? It's not because she's slutty. It's not because she's a hypocrite because Bethanny has called her on that before. It's not Tom, Bethanny doesn't give a crap about Ramona's sloppy seconds. The naming of skinny girl came up again after Bethanny was already on a rant. I wondering if something happened that we are not privy to. Something that they are not talking about on camera. Whatever it is, seems like Lu doesn't really care. She was giggly about the apology texts and wasn't so upset that she would leave and miss any screen time. Anyone have an idea?

• Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Atwood said:

As far as I know Bethenny has never pretended that she's above that kind of thing. Luann of season two and three was pretty horrible and patronizing on those same subjects, while acting completely different behind the scenes not only now but also back then. 

This is the thing for me. Lu of seasons two and three. That says it all for me. It's so disjointed when they try to come after Lu based on how she presented herself how many seasons back vs. how much more carefree she is now. So now is the time to start ripping Lu to shreds? Ok sure but by what provocation? That's what I don't get. Lu comes in and.... lets go crazy and say that she comes in and has something harsh to say about a new design of packaging Beth's showing the women. So it's a slight towards Beth.. Now cue the the diatribe about how she was screwing this that and the other behind the scenes while spouting off about class... It's just not making any sense. Address the rude criticism of your packaging and how you don't appreciate how negatively she presented it. SURE GO FOR IT but I'm not understanding how every time there's a conflict with Lu that it's absolutely expected that they address the Countess of old. About 80% of the time that detail holds no baring on what the fuck is actually the cause for the current dust up and I'm completely sick of them using every tense situation as an excuse to go down that road with Lu. Even if I didn't like Lu it is just so disconnected and interrupts the flow of each episode. It's like the scenery has changed but it's the same scene being played out over and over again which involves a hell of a lot of women screaming about what they don't like about someone else's choices in their lives. 

The reason WHY I do like Lu is that dismissive or not she's among the quickest to shrug something away and be done with it. Yeah, yeah even if she's wrong about it there really is no reason to stretch it out as long as these women want to drag shit out. If you don't want Lu to get away with something, I know I would handle that in 2 seconds flat and considering how Lu operates I feel like her appreciation of swift resolutions would work well with my need to nip shit in the bud. I would be like "Uh-uh, not so fast. What the hell was that little quip you just made about XYZ?"... (response, yada yada) "Yeah okay well that shit doesn't fly with me, I thought we were cool and I didn't appreciate that shit, if we are gonna continue to hang you need not to be throwing shade ya feel me?" I feel like Lu can roll with that sort of up front to the point not nasty or loaded for bear way of managing a conflict. Or at the very least drink it in and come away with more of an understanding of what will and will not be tolerated from her.

I think she would rather put forth the having fun, being cool Lu for the show and has no interest in taking on the negative roles that we have see other HW castmembers sell out to. I mean they are all sell outs when they agree to be on the show but the extra mile comes when they agree to disrupt each others lives with deliberate and exaggerated hateful behavior for the sake of a storyline or ratings or a locked spot next season. She may be trying to hold on to her spot on the show but I never believed she pushed the "conflict" with Carole for a storyline. I never believed that. She was way too all over the place and there were too many instances where she was just off throughout the season where I do believe there were some authentic uneasiness during the filming of that season. So to me I don't believe that she saved the outrage for when it aired. To me it seemed like it was building over time and then it bubbled over. Timeline actually makes sense to back it up but that's old news now. Or at least I wish it would be.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I thought the same thing - how insensitive, but now I think it may have been the infamous editing monkeys at work.  The scene seemed choppy to me to begin with.

Blogs are still not up (Queen Bethenny hasn't blogged since May 18), but I found this

The Real Housewives of NY Bus Tour

Seriously? $49.00?

Yes, this was an oddly edited bit.  We rarely saw either Lu or Jules from the front, speaking when those words were actually said.  It came off as voiceovers, to some extent, where they show the video but the sound came from a different time and place.  Most of the words could have been spliced in.  I'm not buying that's how that conversation went. at. all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So now we have a corny little spat at the table that I feel Lu deescalated at the end of the last episode so now, here I'm thinking there moving on but now Beth only moves seats and then proceeds to slam Lu to Ramona? Dorinda? not sure while Lu is sitting right there. What kind of punk as move is that. Like bitch Lu is sitting right there. Say that shit to her. I was completely amazed that Beth was actually doing that. Ummmmm what? Oh so you just want to keep fighting. I love how Lu stood up and took the one step that was seperating them and she asked Beth what gives. I mean seriously. They just finished they little spat right? So now you're still pumped, the anger hasn't completely subsided, I get it but then the conversation gets launched into just a Lu bashing rant. How the hell did that start? I mean shit. Lu wasn't just gonna sit there and hear you tell the next chick that you want to bash her over the head with something and that she's so freaking annoying... So then Lu steps up and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and that's all she did. Then the bullets fly and it's open season yet again on Lu and claims that are ridiculous AND OLD.

DRUGS.  The only way this makes any sense is Bethy was flying high as a kite and could not bring herself back to earth so she just kept going and going and going.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Atwood said:

That wasn't what Bethenny said though.  She said she wasn't like Luann who stayed up to 5 am.  Luann has not said she doesn't do this.  bethenny said she didn't do it and I pointed out she had just said she was up until 4 am with a guy. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann's blog is up. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-de-lesseps-lets-talk-about

And she is brining up a not so distant gossip/rumor about Bethenny and a married guy. LOL

Somewhere in NYC or wherever B currently is, is a giant smoking hole in the ground which marks the spot of where she imploded upon reading this blog. 

I just know that B is gonna say that article recently in the paper about her dating some married guy has Lu's grubby little hands all over it. 

This reunion.... hah.. this reunion !!!!! I already need a bib because I am already drooling about how off the charts it is gonna be. 

• Love 11

What a bombastic shit-storm of overwrought hysteria. Bethenny needs to get a grip on herself or she's going to have a mental breakdown. Luann should cut down on the cancer sticks before she ends up either sounding like Louis Armstrong or getting lung and throat cancer.

Jules dear.....you will absolutely not get any attention from any of these women, even if your dad was on his deathbed phoning in to say 'bye-bye'. You knew he was in the hospital with pneumonia before you got driven up to the place that you can't find on a map, so why didn't you just go be with your father instead?  You should know better by now that sitting outside on a concrete slab in the back of Dorinda's house with Luann is not going to get you any sympathetic back pats, hugs or kind words. You dummy, you will never learn. Did you seriously question about which is more important, Luann or Dad? For most normal people, the choice would be very simple, GO TO DAD!

146488662410558?5878568487

I do feel badly for Dorinda because she really went out of her way to make it a nice overnight with the 'girls'. But, next time she shouldn't be so stupid as to invite Luann. Just let her hang out with Sonja and keep herself busy screwing all kinds of men in the upstairs bedroom at Sonja's chilly townhouse. I would have worked for free as Dorinda's housekeeper/cook/cleaner for two days just to be hidden in the recesses of the kitchen during the fracas and laugh at all those hysterical women. What's up with that bedroom with the shiny red walls? Ew, not my style but she must have been going for some kind of look. A person could get murdered in there and it would take police a week to find the bloody body.

Carole should have just stayed home and babysat for Ramona's dog. At least the poor dog would have been walked outside for a daily poop and not mess up the entire first floor of Dorinda's home with smeared feces. All Carole did was put on her mopey face, not that anyone could tell much of a difference between that and her normal face.

And Sonja, dear thing she is. She had nothing else to do since she wasn't invited for the nice pre-Christmas party at Dorinda's so she gets her vagina lasered. Maybe she and Kim Kardashian can get together some day with their mirrors in hand and compare the beauty of their labia minora and majora. What's next, ovarian waxing?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm thinking that Bethenny is actually jealous of Luann, and the life Luann is living right now.  

Luann has it pretty good - she has some money in the bank, she's HAPPILY and AMICABLY divorced from her husband, her kids are doing well, and she's living a free and single life, dating, having sex when and with whom she pleases.  Plus, and this is a big one - Luann actually seems to be in a very happy place in her life right now - so far away from where Bethenny is.

And you forgot that little tidbit of info that everyone laughed at......Luann is more fun than a waterpark - she is portable.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I think Bethenny was definitely on something, as some have suggested Adderall.  Plus, it's like she opened up a vein of deep seated hate, which I don't think had a thing to do with Luann.  I'm wondering if something in Luann's personality or behavior reminds Bethenny of her mother.  It's like this long suppressed hatred came out, nothing that would be warranted of a co-worker, someone she sees and films with for a short time, who is not really part of her life that much.  This is long term hate that came spewing forth.  The whole you're a whore, you sleep with everyone - why would she even care about Luann?  Even if Luann is being two faced, the whole cast is two faced at one time or another.  There is something much deeper going on with Bethenny.  She needs to get into therapy sooner than later, no joke.  

It's Jason.  Bethy's OTT reaction to her belief that Luann was trying to steal credit for skinny girl was related to her bitter battle with Jason claiming he was part of her rise to the top and deserves credit and money....she pretty much said that she was super-sensitive about that.  But that self awareness came later and didn't stop her from unhinging her jaw and trying to breathe fire at Luann, nor did it cause her to apologize for turning into a raging lunatic.

• Love 11

My favorite part was Dorinda waving a bottle of wine while screaming, "I cooked! I decorated!"  Sometimes I feel that way with my family.  Nobody appreciates me, damn it.

It never occurs to me that anyone on TV is a smoker, so I'm always surprised when the cigs come out.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, prettybird said:

I'm little lost on the B/L battle. Bethany is really pissed at Lu but why, really? It's not because she's slutty. It's not because she's a hypocrite because Bethanny has called her on that before. It's not Tom, Bethanny doesn't give a crap about Ramona's sloppy seconds. The naming of skinny girl came up again after Bethanny was already on a rant. I wondering if something happened that we are not privy to. Something that they are not talking about on camera. Whatever it is, seems like Lu doesn't really care. She was giggly about the apology texts and wasn't so upset that she would leave and miss any screen time. Anyone have an idea?

Apparently, Bethenny doesn't like Luann staying with Sonja.  She said something bizarre about rehab.  I believe Bethenny truly feels it is a bit of a rip off of her staying with Jill during Season 2.   Bethenny knows that type of arrangement leads to lots of camera time.  She doesn't care about Sonja, has said she wants nothing to do with her so why the protective mode over Sonja?  The underlying argument is that Luann wanted to be part of the BH shoot and Bethenny (as usual) didn't want to share the spotlight so it makes Luann a bad person for asking.  Bethenny already let this rip and Luann said she didn't like feeling excluded. 

So Bethenny saying she doesn't tolerate bullshit pretty much hinges on the story at the Mark Hotel. Has it ever dawned on Bethenny maybe her friend is  full of shit?  Because Ramona's account, which was greatly broadened and included her being there on a date with Tom, and Luann rolling in and picking him up and taking him home and fucking him doesn't seem to jive with Bethenny's account.  The rest of the stuff as far as Adam and Carole was pretty much put to rest last year with Luann saying her piece.  Bethenny just doesn't have a firm grip on things she is mad at Luann about and none of them really concern her.  Bethenny is now saying she is the only one who says it to Luann's face-not really, Ramon and Carole have had plenty to say to her.

There is also this weird Luann should have told Ramona she was dating Tom.  Ramona then jumps on the Bethenny bandwagon of no date is safe if in the proximity to Luann and so they won't tell Luann who they are dating.  Nuts. 

Just now, izabella said:

It's Jason.  Bethy's OTT reaction to her belief that Luann was trying to steal credit for skinny girl was related to her bitter battle with Jason claiming he was part of her rise to the top and deserves credit and money....she pretty much said that she was super-sensitive about that.  But that self awareness came later and didn't stop her from unhinging her jaw and trying to breathe fire at Luann, nor did it cause her to apologize for turning into a raging lunatic.

Maybe Methenny should stop and think how absolutely ignorant and damaging to her cocktail brand it is to say she doesn't go to cocktail parties because they are all bullshit.  What a great spokesperson for her cocktail brand that uses cocktail parties as a vehicle in their ads.  Same with all women on the UES who go to lunch being full of bullshit. 

I am not certain what Bethenny considers a non-bullshit conversation, but I am quite certain there aren't many people socially who want to sit around and listen to Bethenny talk about all her business endeavors.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Juneau Gal said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Dorinda, all her major faults not withstanding. She is a curious mix of the blue collar girl she grew up as and the now well off woman. She has great stylish taste in clothes and Best Buy taste in home decor. She watches Law and Order and House Hunters. She fondly remembers Pu Pu Platters (earlier episode). She goes from zero to 60, and back again, in a nanosecond. She makes things nice, damnit! 

For all these reasons, and more, she tickles me and out of all of them, I think she would be a good friend......as long as I remembered not to criticize her cake. 

Exactly.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I do feel badly for Dorinda because she really went out of her way to make it a nice overnight with the 'girls'. But, next time she shouldn't be so stupid as to invite Luann.

Seems like Dorinda would have been better off if she hadn't invited Bethy.  Bethy was the source and instigator and energizer godzilla of all the fighting.

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, izabella said:

Yes, this was an oddly edited bit.  We rarely saw either Lu or Jules from the front, speaking when those words were actually said.  It came off as voiceovers, to some extent, where they show the video but the sound came from a different time and place.  Most of the words could have been spliced in.  I'm not buying that's how that conversation went. at. all.

I didn't really see that but the cigarettes tell a story.  Those cigarettes were freshly lit when we saw them from the front.  And then they were gone when Dorinda appears.  I'm sure they took more than a couple of drags and put them out.  There's a chunk of conversation missing and my experience with Jules is that she not all that accurate when repeating what she heard or saw.

• Love 6
(edited)

This episode was kay-razzi, to quote Ron Swanson.  Wow.  My thoughts are as discombobulated as Bethenny's ricocheting pinball of an argument!

I feel sorry for Dorinda, and for Jules.  Dorinda's house I flove, I love the decadent room colors, the wallpapered closets, the kitchen, the thousands of dollars in kitschy decorations.  She done fucked up good etiquette-wise in letting Bethenny be a supercooze to LuAnn, but eh.  (Oh, and in flipping out over the cake).  But I do think she's warmer and nicer most of the time than are the majority of these beasts.  Jules seems pretty nice and kind and generous, and it's HARD to break into any group, let alone a group of judgy narcissists.  I assume she felt major regret at being at Dorinda's when her dad was suffering.

Carole's such a coward.  Her soft-voiced, innocent filler-faced protestations about how much LuAnn sucks and smirking about Beth's attack - ugh.  I was rooting for her in her first season.  She's just...lame.

Bethenny v. LuAnn, rounds A-Z.  Well.  What to say?  I actually admire LuAnn for coming back at her in a soft and passive-aggressive way, because to quote Sexy J, Bethenny lost the run of herself and I think it's very telling.  No doubt early seasons Lu could be a giant judgy asshole - just like a certain scrappy Bethenny (the van Kempen's 'crawling through air ducts' to get to events, very edgy and harsh comments on Jill's aesthetic and accent when her own is distinctive, blah and on and on and on).  But she's just out of fucking control and I'm one of those not down for all her 'whore' and 'slut' talk.  Have some dignity, ho.  To badly paraphrase lunastartron: all of Lu's haters could maybe memorize the Kama Sutra and up their fuck games and get their good time girl/courtesan on.  When you are loved, when you are rubbed up on a la Johnny Gill's song, you don't get that het up over other people 'fucking everyone' so B can miss me with her tales of being okay.  LIARFACE.    I'm a nerd and conservative and it's still fucking baffling to me that anyone gives a Hot Pocket about who other people sleep with, if they aren't with you, or sleeping with one of your married parents or something connected to you.  Bethenny lied her narrow ass off in her 'quest for love' last season when she was fucking her college-expellee-for-rape dirty motherfucker of a long-term boyfriend.  For SHAME.  See who and what's up in your own canyon before you scream about the parade in someone else's, bitch!  I also don't think Lu needed to launch a Meghan PI worthy investigation about whatever dirtbag she was with in T&C about his status. 

Ramona, LuAnn and Tom: I got a good impression of Tom during the dinner scene last week.  I'm sure he thinks Ramona is just fine.  But Ramona: I'm guessing he wasn't that into you.  Sorry, and ha.  Order some biodegradable bags and PICK UP after your dog, crazy bitch!  Oh, I wish I knew how to insert images because she is SO Bill the Cat in the gotdamn face.  I really think she's a pile of shit, not just a piece of shit but I don't see her beauty and see no need to excuse it. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 24
17 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

My favorite part was Dorinda waving a bottle of wine while screaming, "I cooked! I decorated!"  Sometimes I feel that way with my family.  Nobody appreciates me, damn it.

It never occurs to me that anyone on TV is a smoker, so I'm always surprised when the cigs come out.

Lol, I would have loved it more if Dorinda waving a bottle of wine screamed "My housekeeper cooked!  She decorated!" 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Perhaps Ramona, Bethenny, and company should, I don't know, learn to fuck better or something if the mad skills that Lu lays down in the bedroom are so world-rocking that they totally override the personal autonomy of any man in the group's orbit. Because these formulations really position LuAnn as the only one with any latitude vis-à-vis instigating and/or participating in sexual contact.

LOLOLOLOL, right on target - but even if they learned to fuck better, you'd still have to spend a few minutes in bed afterwards....just to be nice?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I didn't really see that but the cigarettes tell a story.  Those cigarettes were freshly lit when we saw them from the front.  And then they were gone when Dorinda appears.  I'm sure they took more than a couple of drags and put them out.  There's a chunk of conversation missing and my experience with Jules is that she not all that accurate when repeating what she heard or saw.

Yes, that's it exactly.  Jules may have talked about her father, but maybe they cut out what Luann said in direct response to her.  Lu may have talked about Bethy calling her a slut and a whore and how upset she was, but it may not have been said in direct response to when Jules said her father was incoherent.  Sure, they said the words in some fashion, but not the way that conversation was pieced together, and they clearly left out a lot of it.  I see Andy's producers hard at work there crafting that story.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think that is more indicative of LuAnn and perhaps Jules being aware of the cameras.  When LuAnn lit one up, the camera was inside out of view.  As soon as they were shot from the front, meaning the camera was outside with them, poof, that freshly lit ciggie is gone. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, izabella said:

Seems like Dorinda would have been better off if she hadn't invited Bethy.  Bethy was the source and instigator and energizer godzilla of all the fighting.

Better off for Dorinda maybe but certainly not better off for me!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Bethenny v. LuAnn, rounds A-Z.  Well.  What to say?  I actually admire LuAnn for coming back at her in a soft and passive-aggressive way, because to quote Sexy J, Bethenny lost the run of herself and I think it's very telling.  No doubt early seasons Lu could be a giant judgy asshole - just like a certain scrappy Bethenny (the van Kempen's 'crawling through air ducts' to get to events, very edgy and harsh comments on Jill's aesthetic and accent when her own is distinctive, blah and on and on and on).  But she's just out of fucking control and I'm one of those not down for all her 'whore' and 'slut' talk.  Have some dignity, ho.  To badly paraphrase lunastartron: all of Lu's haters could maybe memorize the Kama Sutra and up their fuck games and get their good time girl/courtesan on.  When you are loved, when you are rubbed up on a la Johnny Gill's song, you don't get that het up over other people 'fucking everyone' so B can miss me with her tales of being okay.  LIARFACE.    I'm a nerd and conservative and it's still fucking baffling to me that anyone gives a Hot Pocket about who other people sleep with, if they aren't with you, or sleeping with one of your married parents or something connected to you.  Bethenny lied her narrow ass off in her 'quest for love' last season when she was fucking her college-expellee-for-rape dirty motherfucker of a long-term boyfriend.  For SHAME.  See who and what's up in your own canyon before you scream about the parade in someone else's, bitch!  I also don't think Lu needed to launch a Meghan PI worthy investigation about whatever dirtbag she was with in T&C about his status. 

Haven't seen a paragraph that made me laugh that much, in a long time.

• Love 8