Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, izabella said:

Yes, that's it exactly.  Jules may have talked about her father, but maybe they cut out what Luann said in direct response to her.  Lu may have talked about Bethy calling her a slut and a whore and how upset she was, but it may not have been said in direct response to when Jules said her father was incoherent.  Sure, they said the words in some fashion, but not the way that conversation was pieced together, and they clearly left out a lot of it.  I see Andy's producers hard at work there crafting that story.

Well, Jules referenced it in her TH, that she was trying to express her fears over her father's health and LuAnn just wanted to talk about being called a slut, so I don't think the editing portrayed the conversation in a way that didn't happen.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The sacred cake? With the Easter egg colored cursive lettering frosting with shortening in it? Does Dorindas mom work at the deli in Shaws Supermarket? 

Kelly Bensimon was right. I've hated B since the first time she said she did not hv parents. She is a nasty girl. 

Now imagine you're Jason Hoppy married to that Crazy Biotch with her mouth. Andy has gone too far I've never seen a HW get so much power within the cast, even Dorinda is cozying up to her!

Well, it has been said the 'crazy ones' are the best in bed, so even with that? I cannot see giving Jason his Man Card back, yet.

Methenny is upset that Luann's boy friends are still alive after the mating ritual.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm going to say I think Dorinda is menopausal, the way her moods switch so fast. I was like that when I quit smoking--- I would be fine, and then my husband would not answer my question, and I'd become furious, demanding he pay attention and how dare he ignore me. I was right, but the fury was chemical.

But, did you stop smoking and did your husband pay more attention to you?

• Love 3
(edited)

Oy.  This episode.  I only pop into this section/forum to comment maybe once or twice every season (per city), but I watch all of the Housewives shows religiously.  I can't get enough of them, with the exception of New Jersey.   New York has always been one of my favorites, and I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. 

I have said in the past that I go through phases where I alternately like and dislike every single Housewife on every version of the series, in every city.  I have never consistently liked or disliked any one of them.  Sometimes I think they are making sense and being fairly reasonable.  Sometimes I just find them very entertaining.  Other times, I cringe when they are onscreen because they seem to be going out of their way to be obnoxious.

Ultimately, as I get older, I like it more when the ladies all get along and have fun together.  I don't like the fighting as much anymore, because it often gets too mean-spirited and petty, and ALL of them have skeletons in their closets and have no business calling anyone else out on theirs.  I would rather see them all taking a trip somewhere and laughing, acting silly, and having a great time.

This season Bethenny is reallllllly rubbing me the wrong way.  Yes, she is smart, quick and funny.  But she is also mean-spirited and unnecessarily nasty.  She can't rein it in.  Somehow she has become the self-appointed truth teller, deciding that she needs to be the one to call everyone out on their BS -- just because she can. 

The truth is, no one else is quite as cutting and harsh as she is, which is why no one ever seems to be able to knock her down a few pegs.  Bethenny always has to get the upper hand and have the last word, but that is because she has not yet met her match.  She is someone who hides a lot of pain and anguish on the inside -- more than she has admitted to -- and she is a very flawed person.  She thinks that all she has to do is admit she is a flawed person and that will excuse her bad behavior.  

All Bethenny needs is to run into someone else who can actually successfully stand up to her and give it back to her better than she dishes it out, and she will be sobbing in a heap somewhere in the corner.  She wins the verbal battles because she is quicker and meaner.  Eventually she will mess with the wrong person and they will say something that she can't deal with.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 21

Luann is a bit of a hypocrite - she sleeps around, but was highly critical of everyone else for several seasons. I get why she's hard to deal with. But Bethenny's list of grievances were eye-roll inducing.

I'm having a hard time remembering who Luann critized for sleeping around?  The only single woman for the first few seasons was Betthany and then Kelly B (who she was good friends with) and that bikini wax chick, followed by divorcees and widows Sonja, Dorinda, now Ramona and Carole.  We know her issues with Carol and she mentioned Sonja's drinking but  I don't think she ever accused any of these women of sleeping around like whores.

Oh, and after being yelled at, called a whore, adulterer, and a hypocrite, I would be pretty rattled too and it would be a bad time for me to listen to anyone else's problems, especially Jules who was clearly only there to get info so she could run back to her mean girl anorexic club.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

You're willing to give Luann the benefit of the doubt, but based on her reaction (a "whatever" shrug and laughing when Sonja said s*** happens), I'm not.  Also, the guy had no problem telling whoever told Kristen, but it didn't come up with Luann?  Possible, but for me, doubtful.

She was drunk, on vacation and SINGLE. If I were in her situation and not of sober mind and then confronted the next day with what I may or may not have done, I would have had the same reaction as her, partly because I'm not going to entertain comments that are inviting others to shame and judge me. Just because the guy isn't a part of the show doesn't mean that judgement should be redirected at Luann (or any woman in her position). He is the one that broke his wedding vows and not a single one of them called out his behaviour - it was all directed at Luann. If you're in a monogamous relationship and you cheat on your partner, that's an asshole move. If you are sober and you know you're hooking up with someone who is supposed to be in a monogamous relationship, it's shady and lacks empathy for the other partner, but if we're going to judge, the onus lies with the person who is doing the cheating. If you drunk hook up with someone who has a partner, shit happens. Cheating is far too common nowadays and I know a few people who were on Luann's side of the coin. A couple of them felt bad, a couple of them didn't beat themselves over it but that experience was not a testament to their character or their ability to have a healthy, monogamous relationship. It's easy to judge the world black and white but there's a saying 'don't judge me because I sin differently than you'. At the end of the day, we're all imperfect and if we aren't harming others, then we shouldn't be made to feel bad for things that are not our responsibility to own.

• Love 19

Well, gosh. I really wanted to hate Bethenny in this episode the way she went for LuAnn like a bat out of hell just because *gasp* LuAnn sleeps around. The trouble is I couldn't hate her for two reasons. One, she has self awareness, so even after she makes a fool of herself she realises it and feels ashamed. How long did it take for Jill Zarin to realise she was in the wrong way back when? At least Beth can own it when she takes it too far. Contrast Beth's shame after the fight to LuAnn's insensitive prattling at Jules as she worries about her sick dad. Even though Bethenny was in the wrong she always managed to come best off.

Secondly I think I know where all this anger is coming from. In season 1-3 of Rhony LuAnn looked down on Bethenny and treated her like dirt. Now Bethenny has ascended higher than LuAnn she just can't help but dish out some payback. Think about how you'd feel if you were forced to hang out with the kids at school that used to bully you, or perhaps an ex boss that treated you badly but no longer has any power over you. I for one would do exactly what Bethenny is doing to LuAnn and I'd love every moment of it.

• Love 15
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Verbeen said:

I'm having a hard time remembering who Luann critized for sleeping around?  The only single woman for the first few seasons was Betthany and then Kelly B (who she was good friends with) and that bikini wax chick, followed by divorcees and widows Sonja, Dorinda, now Ramona and Carole.  We know her issues with Carol and she mentioned Sonja's drinking but  I don't think she ever accused any of these women of sleeping around like whores.

Oh, and after being yelled at, called a whore, adulterer, and a hypocrite, I would be pretty rattled too and it would be a bad time for me to listen to anyone else's problems, especially Jules who was clearly only there to get info so she could run back to her mean girl anorexic club.

I agree!  If someone just called me all of those things -- someone that I had known for years, who I thought I was on reasonably decent terms with, but who just lashed out at me in front of other people as though she hated me -- I would damn sure be very rattled and upset.  I would either go off to a corner and sob, or a switch would flip and I would go off on Bethenny.  But I wouldn't be open and receptive to hearing about what anyone else was dealing with at that moment, quite frankly.  I think that's a human reaction, even if it's not the "right" reaction.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Verbeen said:

I think they may have meant that Luann was highly critical of everyone else in a general sense.

I do think it's funny that they should the flashback clip of Bethenny awkwardly laughing at Luann's dating advice. Turns out maybe she could use it. Luann amicably divorced, and in between her spurts of serial dating, she had one long term relationship and now a romance that put a ring on her finger. Relatively speaking, Luann's love life is probably the most successful of the ladies and maybe it's because she's willing to date a lot so that she knows what she wants and who she's attracted to.

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I think that is more indicative of LuAnn and perhaps Jules being aware of the cameras.  When LuAnn lit one up, the camera was inside out of view.  As soon as they were shot from the front, meaning the camera was outside with them, poof, that freshly lit ciggie is gone. 

Even if that is so, there still has to be dialogue missing between the time the camera got out there or another camera getting there.  There was just something wonky about that scene.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Verbeen said:

You and me both buddy and it seems that this little rift in details always gets blown off with no real answer..... <sigh>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Seems like Dorinda would have been better off if she hadn't invited Bethy.  Bethy was the source and instigator and energizer godzilla of all the fighting.

Andy was gonna have none of that.  If Andy weren't gay, he and Bethenny would be married.  He's not gonna pi$$ her off.  That is all.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

At the end of the day, we're all imperfect and if we aren't harming others, then we shouldn't be made to feel bad for things that are not our responsibility to own.

That's the thing.  The unwitting spouse gets harmed.  Subject to humiliation,  their world being rocked, and everything else that comes with it. 

No one ever said the man didn't hold culpability, and I agree he holds most of the culpability.  However, it is in poor taste on Luann's part and Bethenny's right in that Luann is anything but a girls' girl and if she were in my circle, I wouldn't want her near my husband.

As for the everyone is imperfect thing, yeah we're all imperfect and make mistakes.  There's a huge difference between that and making conscious choices to disregard personal responsibility.

It does truly boggle my mind that as viewers we have gone from rallying around NeNe's "Close your legs to married men" battle cry to "S happens." 

• Love 7

I thought Carole's face looked odd when she was sitting on the bed with Dorinda. Maybe it was the fillers? Her complexion looked uneven.

Bethenny has so much bottled up rage. I would think a lot is spilling over from Jason, but she seems to be the type of person who always needs someone to rag on. Last night was just brutal. She settled down some eventually, but it looks like she is ready for round two kicking off next week's episode. I do agree that Luann further enraged Bethenny by not reacting enough. Lol.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Seems like Dorinda would have been better off if she hadn't invited Bethy.  Bethy was the source and instigator and energizer godzilla of all the fighting.

As much as I'm usually team Bethenny, she really was the source of all antagonism. Carole is much less confrontational. Even if she was put off by Lu, she would have just ignored her. If Sonja came and B stayed home, it probably would have been a pretty nice time. 

Although, I bet Ramona might have shoved her foot in her mouth a couple dozen times. I'm sure she was loving all the discord since it didn't involve her, and she actually got to play peacemaker. 

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I thought Carole's face looked odd when she was sitting on the bed with Dorinda. Maybe it was the fillers? Her complexion looked uneven.

Bethenny has so much bottled up rage. I would think a lot is spilling over from Jason, but she seems to be the type of person who always needs someone to rag on. Last night was just brutal. She settled down some eventually, but it looks like she is ready for round two kicking off next week's episode. I do agree that Luann further enraged Bethenny by not reacting enough. Lol.

You read my mind.  I was just coming back here to say a similar thing.  We don't have to be Psychology majors to see that Bethenny's attack on Lu was not really all about Lu.  It really wasn't.  Bethenny seems like a ticking time bomb.  She is angry about the Jason thing and whatever else, and Lu just happened to be the one to trigger something.  Lu was the one in the direct line of fire at that moment, when Bethenny decided to unleash her anger with laser-like focus.  On another night it could have been Ramona, or Jules, or whoever, to bring out the rage in her.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 12

When they are throwing around marriage and cheating, there was a scene, that Kelly called Ramona out on a few years ago when a drunk Ramona kissed on the mouth a stranger, one of the owners of the Hooters' boat. 

Tomorrow, RHNY Season 1 runs on Bravo (except the Reunion) I believe in the first episode Ramona is kissing one of her girlfriends much to her daughter's chagrin. 

I also question Bethenny who speaks of the one night stand, how certain can she be she never slept with a married man?  Right now, we have Luann who made out with a married man but did not have sex with him.  I am guessing some of these women's one night stands might just involved a married man. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Even if that is so, there still has to be dialogue missing between the time the camera got out there or another camera getting there.  There was just something wonky about that scene.

There was something wonky about the video/camera, but the audio would be one stream.  I think switching up the camera position or maybe different camera's account for the wonkiness, but I believe the audio, based on the retelling of the conversation by Jules, she confirms this.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Amongst all the weirdness that was in this episode, the part that really gave me pause was when Jules and Carol sat down to internet shop and Jules pulls not only snacks out (in a house with more food than even possibly Tom D'Agostino has access to), but also plastic goblets from her big travel purse.  I get that she's a mom used to packing snacks for the kids but (a) surely she was aware her kids were not on this trip and (b) I highly doubt she serves the kids drinks out of even plastic goblets.

Just shooting in the dark here - If she keeps kosher she has to make sure that a glass has not had milk in it.  The kosher folks I know have complete different sets of dinnerware/glassware just for this reason.  They even have 2 sinks space apart with their own counters.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, beesknees said:

Bethenny's constant screeching woke my kid up who was sleeping one floor up and a few rooms down.  My elderly mother didn't even have the living room TV blasting.  Hee.  My middle-schooler stomped down the stairs and said "What in the heck's going ON.  You're killing me".  Annnd turned around dramatically and stormed back up the stairs.

LMAO!!  The image hasn't stopped tickling.

14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Scary Island took some time to escalate and erupt into batshit hysteria. This nonsense literally took 45 minutes to get catastrophic. Bethenny and LuAnn get into their fight at 3:40pm. By 5:20pm they've already screamed at each other, regrouped, bitched about each other, opened presents, and riled up Dorinda about the cake. By 6:40pm Bethenny's in her PJs and they're talking about LuAnn, John, and Ramona gets LuAnn to send the apology text to Bethenny. At 7:30pm LuAnn and Dorinda were setting up for dinner and Bethenny and LuAnn are fighting again.

It's so clear that production was shocked by how quickly this escalated into a shitnado that they had to put the time chyrons on the screen to convey how crazy this was.

Listen to me lol, we were all born way after our time.  This shit here?  Every single one of you has collectively put the Warren Commission to posthumous shame.

5 hours ago, beesknees said:

Yaaas!  This.  When one of my best friends was prescribed Adderall for a short period she used to come over to my apartment and clean furiously, non-stop.  With rage a la Mommie Dearest.  That kind of cleaning.  I used to joke whisper to her "Shhhh.  Less talking, more cleaning ...  No you cannot have a cup of coffee".  

LOL!!   I have a bachelorette party shirt that says Pimpstress on the back.  It's yours if you want it.

4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

No I think her reaction was one off guard cause how is one supposed to act to such news? Why fake it? I've reacted the same way a couple of times too when I've shared with friends that I've slept with a married man without knowing til after the fact and they react in some offended or shocked way with some of those vibes aimed at me. I was all, whattaya gonna do <shrug>. I was extra non chalant on purpose cause I didn't appreciate the immediate vibe of judgement and side eye I was getting when right in the declaration I mention that I didn't know before hand so why the fuck am I still getting this undertone of disapproval as well as that little pause as if to say "well? what do you have to say for yourself?" Me: Ummmmm it was good and I came twice, one during intercourse and the other when he gave me oral".  I'm not going to apologize because I assumed a man that was hitting on me and who was flirting and presenting himself as available actually wasn't however I didn't get verifiable proof that he was single before hooking up with him so now I'm in the wrong. No sorry. Too much work and I'm not the one responsible for honoring the union between two other people especially if I have no knowledge of it. I am responsible for NOT going after men who I KNOW are married.

I felt like Lu was embarrassed with the info but tried to recover quickly by downplaying it and not really getting to into it knowing that it was such a touchy subject. I think that was her way of ending the conversation about the married dude. Sure it was abrupt and did seem a bit callous but I think it was the right move cause had she had a more in deepth reaction or tried to express some regret about him being married all that does is open the door on that TYPE of conversation and I think it was smart that Lu didn't walk through that door. Better to bury the subject and move on instead of open a bigger can of worms with that particular subject.

It's a subtle difference but you went on the offensive so it couldn't be used against you.  Pre-emptive {taps temple}.  What's curious about Lu's reaction is even if she didn't know he was married, when (Kristen?) dropped that bomb, it's perfectly fine that she was unmoved, what was noticeable to me was in what she didn't say.  Anything along the lines of I didn't know he was married and/or so what? we didn't do anything that would break a vow.   She kanyeshrugged and went about the business of breakfast.  The *he left with his vows intact* statement came later.   I'm not saying she should be hung up by the fingernails about her reaction but I am saying that the first thing a man who's accused and not guilty typically thinks to say is I'm not guilty.      

3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

We will get a million flashbacks that back up Bethenny's story but Minion Andy will not flash to the Heather/Bethenny conversation about owing Lu a car or pull out the book inscription. So frustrating.

I don't believe for a minute that Dorinda didn't hear Bethenny yelling at the top of her lungs calling Lu a whore and a slut. As a hostess she has a duty to make sure all her guests are comfortable and feel welcomed. She failed miserably and worse of all acted a plum fool about a cake.

What about Dorinda saying John sees a wedding and babies? She says I don't know if I want that. Um... don't know if you want babies Doris? Ye of 50 years of age don't know if you want babies? Reminds me of the Golden Girls episode where Blanche is dating a younger dude and pretending her daughter's baby is her own. 

What was interesting was B being shaken by her own psychotic break. She sits in the dining room with Carol and laments how she reached a point in her life where she doesn't want to hang around with people she doesn't like. I really think she was realizing that she had peddled backwards in a way by coming back on the show. She seemed to be wondering if the Bravo check and SK promotion was worth it. That moment to me seemed the realist all episode.

B's no BS mantra is bullshit.  The gag is she won't tolerate BS from those she deems below her from a socioeconomic, societal or business standpoint. If you are down here and she is up there, your BS won't be tolerate. But you are up there, well ... I bet your bullshit smells like hyacinth and jasmine to B. Reminds me of a conversation from the Newsroom I love so much: I am not fearless, I just knows who to fear

Speaking of hypocrites, didn't B write a book entitled "A Place of Yes"? That is only not hypocritical if the address of such place of yes is bitchville. 

I will pray a silent pray for any woman who subsequently marries Jason and become Brynn's stepmom. That is gonna be some ugly, fugly shit!!

The whole hairstyle thing was ridiculous and at one point I thought the Countess was just trolling B. I mean didn't Ramona say the same thing to Sonja at her own b-day party. Sonja just shrugged it off, because yeah, Ramona invented and owns the long scraggly, barrel curled, dyed blond locks with extensions look. 

Jebus, did the dog shit again or was the sam shit sitting there for hours? Whichever way you slice it, there must've been dog shit tracks all up and down Dorinda's house. 

Carol actually blew a raspberry in her TH when talking about Lu. Immature much?!?

Carol brought a cashmere coat for Adam huh? He doesn't strike me as the cashmere type. He is making out like a bandit. I want to know who paid for the camera he was looking to buy in that episode when she had the cup full of dog shit.

I never thought I would want Kristen back but if the alternative is Jules, than yes please. I don't dislike Jules or anything and it would be nice to have some diversity on this show (who didn't feel the need to mention it every day) but she is just such a non-MF factor. Also, who the hell describes themselves as submissive? She really loves playing and mentioning how she fulfills stereotypes and she has got a plethora to choose from given that she is Asian and Jewish.

bwahaaaaa!  I love Dorinda for the cake rant, she has a completely irrational Tyler Perry movie character quality to her personality that makes me wanna get the car'mel corn out and keep shouting yeah gul get em up offa you (even though they're not on you) and tell em nobody bet not say n'air word about your mama!   That was a lot of fun, she's a kook, that girl. 

Ah.  This was not fun and maybe if she were introspective at all, it would've been a realization she'd had before this.   The volume, the losing her shit-ness, the inability to self soothe in the moment? 3 of the main ingredients in a lunatic gluten free muffin.  Especially in the face of Lu remaining so calm.  It's definitely time for a nap but it may also be time to take your bow, B.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Didn't Jules and Luann ride up together? If they did perhaps Luann had just heard about the dad during the three hour ride.  It would seem in a five hour period that Jules dad either had a drastic change or Jules was more likely trying to divert the attention from what was happening in the house.  None of the women seemed to be all the empathetic towards her and with Jules she doesn't read a situation very well.  It would seem her hospitalized father went from having pneumonia to dying in a relatively short period of time.  Sad, but I would be getting back in the SUV and headed to see him. 

As much I do not like to defend Luann.  I thought they walked in together?  and Lu said how's your dad doing, I know you said he was sick.  Then Jules said yeah, he is, I don't want to talk about it.   This doesn't change my nodding at whomever said that was some self absorption made of pathology but on the front stoop she might just have thought well I asked before and she didn't wanna talk about it then so.....we're onto the fucked up thing that just happened to me now. 

2 hours ago, prettybird said:

I'm little lost on the B/L battle. Bethany is really pissed at Lu but why, really? It's not because she's slutty. It's not because she's a hypocrite because Bethanny has called her on that before. It's not Tom, Bethanny doesn't give a crap about Ramona's sloppy seconds. The naming of skinny girl came up again after Bethanny was already on a rant. I wondering if something happened that we are not privy to. Something that they are not talking about on camera. Whatever it is, seems like Lu doesn't really care. She was giggly about the apology texts and wasn't so upset that she would leave and miss any screen time. Anyone have an idea?

Ok, you dated all the other posters in the thread, I'm next.   Puzzle pieces of different things Beth has said:

propriety cheerleader (for the other women's behavior) on one hand vs. bathroom stall shags on the other

unqualified (iho) "mentorship" vs. freeloading

skinnygirl thing - I can't even spend any more words on the technicalities of it but suffice it to say that company is the representation of her efforts and hers alone.  Anybody who suggests she built her *empire* off their shine or who tries doing the same thing to her is about to catch one.

patronizing corrections of how she is to be addressed vs. the real Lu.   In my head this is like being scolded for not properly curtsying to HRH QE then finding out she rolls fatties and doesn't wear any draws.

Basically Lu is and always was a condescending contradiction who now wants to be on her jock because B is now the Bravo appointed center stone.

Giggleworthy noteables:

Dorinda's housekeeper in the background - it is bloods vs. crips up in that piece and your girl is in the kitchen on #TeamUnbothered.  Lol.  She was like shit, this ain't nothing but a Tuesday night where I'm from.

Easy Now tea.   Yeah, please bring her the pot.

Jules? Carole?  told Beth she was the new Jennifer Aniston.  I died.

I lost the post where it was mentioned but Dorinda can miss me denying she heard the row.  I love her house but it has the acoustics of Harrison's Cavern for fuck's sake.  Just say you don't wanna be involved because you made things nice!

Carole needs to not pay anymore tribute to her beef with Lu.  It's over babe, cast it out. 

Jules needs to say stuff in a more shocking manner to be heard.   My dad's dying.  And I have great hair.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I loved watching Bethenny ranting while Luann sat there, for the most part calm, with a smile on her face.  The more Luann didn't react and scream back at Bethenny, the more loud and screechy Bethenny got, until she practically had smoke coming out of her ears.  She's not use to someone not being intimidated by her.  Luann isn't my favorite by far, but I enjoyed seeing her get Bethenny to lose her shit on such a grand scale.

And I think THAT is why Bethenny got quiet and reflective afterwards.  Because she knew she couldn't throw her weight around and keep that from being aired and Luann sat through it all with a smile.  Luann won that tirade and Bethenny knew it.  I suspect Bravo did Bethenny a lot of favours with the editing to try to limit the damage, and to some extent it worked judging by what I read online.  But I think the worst was probably a lot worse than what we saw and Bethenny was protected.  And if she is an "uncredited producer" next season i suspect this incident had as much a hand in her making that happen.  

I know my own Bethenny in real life.  That type will never admit they are wrong, even if they say some words to that extent they don't really believe it AND it will be brought up all over again the next time they get angry.  You can't win with people like that, you have to check out at some point to keep your sanity.  And that type of person, when they are miserable with themselves and their own lives (that divorce of hers) they get dirty and nasty and try to hit their opponent with all they got.  So if the best Bethenny can do is shout fake, whore and slut at a grown ass woman then I think Luann is doing OK in life.  If Bethenny ever got in a scuffle with her type they would have so much more to work with.  Oh wait, she did meet her type when John came at her.  What he did to her is no different to what she did to Luann. 

All of these women are fake to some degree just by being on this show.  They put themselves in manufactured events and situations to get attention and use that to sell us something we don't really want or need.   

Can't even get into the ridiculousness with the Tom situation.  Dorinda sat there at that dinner saying she put the two of them together as she thought they were perfect for each other.  In this episode Dorinda says he "dates a lot".  I think with Ramona it's bruised ego that he was clearly more interested in Luann then he was her, enough that he apparently wants to put a ring on it. 

Carol really needs to slap herself.  If her life is so great and that relationship is so strong then she really should get over this.  I suspect she has insecurities and that prevents her from moving past the tiff she had with Luann over it.  I think she knows they are having fun now but a part of her knows he is young and wants kids and this won't last forever.  It's easier to stay made at Luann for calling you a pedophile then it is to admit this relationship has a time limit and that is because of the age difference (because who would take that seriously that it would damage her reputation, come on).  Not that May-December relationships don't work but based on his lifestyle and what she herself said (about kids) I think she knows there will come a time when they will take different paths. 

• Love 9

I have always believed that Bethenny used Jason for her own selfish ends, she used him for her "brand."  

I've always thought she used him too. But for another word beginning with "b."  As in baby.  Or Brynn - that works too!

But the branding idea holds weight too.

• Love 7

I bought Bethenny's book, "A Place Of Yes" on CD...it is narrated by Bethenny, so I thought it might be funny.  I believe there are 10 discs, and halfway through disc 3 on Tuesday, I had to eject it and turn on my radio.  She is so angry, just beats her point to death, and many things she talks about proves she was not a poor child.  No way am I finishing it.  I really saw that Bethenny last night.  

I do not agree with how Lu has treated Carole, but Bethenny went too far last night.  Carole even acknowledged that in a TH.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I really like Bethenny, but there was nothing fun about this episode to me.  I was happy when it was over.  

I like her too but I don't know why.  Maybe because I'm scared of her.  I'd rather have her in my tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in. 

It's hard to like LuAnn.  She's not that bright or interesting or articulate or funny.  The rest of the women have at least one of those qualities.  The hair comments were ridiculous.  Lu and Beth have the same hair color and a similar length -- that's all.  She showed her ass with that accusation.  "You want to be just like me!" 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I have always believed that Bethenny used Jason for her own selfish ends, she used him for her "brand."  I doubt Bravo would have given Bethenny her own show if not for her husband and baby.  I mean what would her show have been, a reality version of "Sex in the City?"  How long would people have wanted to watch that, watch Bethenny go on dates and insult the guys in her TH's?  Might have been fun at first, but boring later.

But Bravo did give Bethenny her own show without Jason, and yes, it was going to be a reality version similar to Sex and the City.  Bravo changed the whole concept when Jason and Bethenny began dating, got pregnant and engaged during Season 3 of RHONY. 

Just now, AuntiePam said:

It's hard to like LuAnn.  She's not that bright or interesting or articulate or funny.  The rest of the women have at least one of those qualities. 

Well, to give her credit, apparently she fucks really well.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Castina said:

Carol really needs to slap herself.  If her life is so great and that relationship is so strong then she really should get over this.  I suspect she has insecurities and that prevents her from moving past the tiff she had with Luann over it.  I think she knows they are having fun now but a part of her knows he is young and wants kids and this won't last forever.  It's easier to stay made at Luann for calling you a pedophile then it is to admit this relationship has a time limit and that is because of the age difference (because who would take that seriously that it would damage her reputation, come on).  Not that May-December relationships don't work but based on his lifestyle and what she herself said (about kids) I think she knows there will come a time when they will take different paths. 

Oh, yes, this.  Carole is deeply, deeply anxious about her relationship with Adam.  Secure people don't get so bent out of shape, and don't need other people to "protect" her from Luann (such as asking Dorinda not to invite Lu so she wouldn't have to face her anxieties about Adam).  From the first TH Carole did about having only "five good summers left" and all the fishing for compliments on Skype, it was very, very clear how insecure Carole is and that's why she has such a hate-on for Luann now.  And Lu having her own man just makes it worse for her since she knows that will never be her and Adam.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I don't drive, so could someone tell me how long a trip time-wise it is from NYC to the Berkshires? On the map, it looks like quite a shlep, compared to the Hamptons, the other popular RHONY vacay spot.

The Hamptons is more of a shlep than it appears, as the Long Island Expressway (LIE) is the longest parking lot in the world.  It can easily take three or more hours.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, shoegal said:

But Bravo did give Bethenny her own show without Jason, and yes, it was going to be a reality version similar to Sex and the City.  Bravo changed the whole concept when Jason and Bethenny began dating, got pregnant and engaged during Season 3 of RHONY. 

And I'm sure Bravo was damn happy about that.  I could never have sat through watching Bethenny date around and go slowly insane because she can't deal with the bullshit of small talk, or something like that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Dorinda, all her major faults not withstanding. She is a curious mix of the blue collar girl she grew up as and the now well off woman. She has great stylish taste in clothes and Best Buy taste in home decor. She watches Law and Order and House Hunters. She fondly remembers Pu Pu Platters (earlier episode). She goes from zero to 60, and back again, in a nanosecond. She makes things nice, damnit! 

For all these reasons, and more, she tickles me and out of all of them, I think she would be a good friend......as long as I remembered not to criticize her cake. 

I like Dorinda as well. I think she's funny. I wish she'd put the drinks down though.

• Love 7

Carole's comment to Ramona about how Luann wasn't really dating Tom (implying they were just banging) is a bit a comical seeing as they got engaged a couple months later.   It's not like Carole had even met Tom at that point.  Further, she was talking about someone who was married for 15+ years and in at least one other longer term relationship.  I don't like when women shade other relationships, it just makes them look petty and jealous.  Carole doesn't need any help in that area.  Her "too cool for school" attitude is wearing thin.  Plus, she was trying to slut shame, piggybacking on her BFF Bethany.  Always lame, IMO.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Castina said:

And I think THAT is why Bethenny got quiet and reflective afterwards.  Because she knew she couldn't throw her weight around and keep that from being aired and Luann sat through it all with a smile.  Luann won that tirade and Bethenny knew it.  I suspect Bravo did Bethenny a lot of favours with the editing to try to limit the damage, and to some extent it worked judging by what I read online.  But I think the worst was probably a lot worse than what we saw and Bethenny was protected.

She was in damage control mode in the bedroom with the two other members of her Rush cover band. "I should'nt have called her a whore, I'm a whore too" yadiyada.  Or something like that. Like she didn't mean it as a insult because she's one too but being better at life, at least she owns it unlike LuAnn. As if I'm gonna believe that wasn't a bullshit scene...

She realized quickly how the slut shaming would look like with a large portion of the fanbase of the show (women like me who think empowering women isn't just telling them to hire a white guy to be the face of their company while talking shit about my other female co-workers) and voilà, here come 5 minutes of her spining the shit out of her "epic" rant. Thanks Bravo. 

• Love 15
(edited)
58 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

That's the thing.  The unwitting spouse gets harmed.  Subject to humiliation,  their world being rocked, and everything else that comes with it. 

No one ever said the man didn't hold culpability, and I agree he holds most of the culpability.  However, it is in poor taste on Luann's part and Bethenny's right in that Luann is anything but a girls' girl and if she were in my circle, I wouldn't want her near my husband.

As for the everyone is imperfect thing, yeah we're all imperfect and make mistakes.  There's a huge difference between that and making conscious choices to disregard personal responsibility.

It does truly boggle my mind that as viewers we have gone from rallying around NeNe's "Close your legs to married men" battle cry to "S happens." 

Does this other woman even know that she was cheated on? Because no one outed the guy, right? Secondly, the humiliation felt is not caused by the physical infidelity but by broken trust - that is between the couple, not the 'other person'. If you call someone fat, ugly or call them a whore, you can also bring emotional harm and humiliation to them, correct? Let's not draw lines in the sand here for the matter of convenience. It's not black and white. Luann took responsibility for the pirate dude that she cheated on Jacques with, sober or not when it happened, she took personal responsibility for that. Does it somehow make her a better person in life if you saw her emotionally lament over what happened?

Nene's comment was toward someone who was having a longstanding relationship with someone who was supposedly married (I say supposedly because I can't remember if that was confirmed or not). We're talking about a drunken one night stand on vacation. They generalize that Luann likes to sleep with married men but they only reference the Turks And Caicos guy. That's hugely misleading if that is the only guy they can provide example of and they are simply taking one instance and running with it in order to validate their slut and whore labels.

There is a difference between imperfection and conscious choices and while that terminology was used for the convenience of your argument, it works against you here because impaired judgment (in this case that comes along with being drunk) doesn't constitute making a 'conscious choice'. Now if a sober Luann slept with a married man and didn't feel the least bit bad about it, in that case I would certainly also consider that as not a 'girls girl' type of mentality. And maybe there are other things about Luann that would justify such a claim (and it's even understandable if the women find her shady overall based on the things they've seen), but using Turks and Caicos and the Tom situation as the backbone to that argument of her being a slut and whore is weak.

Your parting sentiment sounds a bit judgmental (whether intentional or not), but to clarify, Luann is most certainly culpable for her actions but why does she have to be made answerable to any of those women? Does she owe them any explanation or apology for what happened? No, if there's anyone to apologize to, it certainly isn't anyone that was on that trip with her. I can only speak for myself but I didn't like Nene's comments back then and I don't like Bethenny/Carole's comments right now. It's not that I lack morals or agree with infidelity, etc. It's that everyone should simply mind their own damn business rather than waste energy in reserving judgment for others. Take that negative energy and turn into something positive by focusing on bettering yourself rather than putting someone else down (generally speaking, I'm not directing that comment specifically to you). Bethenny claims that Luann isn't a girl's girl and frankly that's subjective because based on what I see, I wouldn't have any of them in my inner circle.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12

This franchise has women who are all in very similar places in their lives, way moreso than the other RH shows.  They are pretty much hanging out in the same places, fighting the same battle against time and potentially dating the same, small group of men.  Ramona and Beth are more resentful of Luanne than jealous of her: Why was her divorce so amicable?  Why was her settlement so rich?  Why do so many men like her?  But, more than anything, why is she so teflon?  

Carole called Lu "superficial" and, yeah, I guess.  Or you could say Lu just doesn't let you see her sweat.  How is hiding in a bedroom, talking shit all night during an overnight party preferable to putting a smile on your face and trying to act nice for one night?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Somewhere in NYC or wherever B currently is, is a giant smoking hole in the ground which marks the spot of where she imploded upon reading this blog. 

I just know that B is gonna say that article recently in the paper about her dating some married guy has Lu's grubby little hands all over it. 

This reunion.... hah.. this reunion !!!!! I already need a bib because I am already drooling about how off the charts it is gonna be. 

She will point out that although he was still married, he was separated from his wife at the time. That said, she can still stuff it because maybe the guy in T&C with Luann was separated from his wife as well.

2 hours ago, HumblePi said:

What a bombastic shit-storm of overwrought hysteria. Bethenny needs to get a grip on herself or she's going to have a mental breakdown. Luann should cut down on the cancer sticks before she ends up either sounding like Louis Armstrong or getting lung and throat cancer.

Jules dear.....you will absolutely not get any attention from any of these women, even if your dad was on his deathbed phoning in to say 'bye-bye'. You knew he was in the hospital with pneumonia before you got driven up to the place that you can't find on a map, so why didn't you just go be with your father instead?  You should know better by now that sitting outside on a concrete slab in the back of Dorinda's house with Luann is not going to get you any sympathetic back pats, hugs or kind words. You dummy, you will never learn. Did you seriously question about which is more important, Luann or Dad? For most normal people, the choice would be very simple, GO TO DAD!

146488662410558?5878568487

I do feel badly for Dorinda because she really went out of her way to make it a nice overnight with the 'girls'. But, next time she shouldn't be so stupid as to invite Luann. Just let her hang out with Sonja and keep herself busy screwing all kinds of men in the upstairs bedroom at Sonja's chilly townhouse. I would have worked for free as Dorinda's housekeeper/cook/cleaner for two days just to be hidden in the recesses of the kitchen during the fracas and laugh at all those hysterical women. What's up with that bedroom with the shiny red walls? Ew, not my style but she must have been going for some kind of look. A person could get murdered in there and it would take police a week to find the bloody body.

Carole should have just stayed home and babysat for Ramona's dog. At least the poor dog would have been walked outside for a daily poop and not mess up the entire first floor of Dorinda's home with smeared feces. All Carole did was put on her mopey face, not that anyone could tell much of a difference between that and her normal face.

And Sonja, dear thing she is. She had nothing else to do since she wasn't invited for the nice pre-Christmas party at Dorinda's so she gets her vagina lasered. Maybe she and Kim Kardashian can get together some day with their mirrors in hand and compare the beauty of their labia minora and majora. What's next, ovarian waxing?

This is the second time that Bethenny has ruined a party at Dorinda's house, last season with Heather, and the third event overall, so IMO, she should have invited Sonja with the rest of the crew and let Bethenny stew at home with Carole. But, she knows that without Bethenny there, who by her own admission would not have gone if Sonja was there, her event would have been edited down to all of 5 minutes in 1 episode no matter how crazy it got. Dorinda put camera time before her relationship with Sonja, she was not protecting anyone other than herself. LOL

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Pollock said:

She was in damage control mode in the bedroom with the two other members of her Rush cover band. "I should'nt have called her a whore, I'm a whore too" yadiyada.  Or something like that. Like she didn't mean it as a insult because she's one too but being better at life, at least she owns it unlike LuAnn. As if I'm gonna believe that wasn't a bullshit scene...

She realized quickly how the slut shaming would look like with a large portion of the fanbase of the show (women like me who think empowering women isn't just telling them to hire a white guy to be the face of their company while talking shit about my other female co-workers) and voilà, here come 5 minutes of her spining the shit out of her "epic" rant. Thanks Bravo. 

And she's not owning anything since she didn't actually apologize to Luann, nor to her hostess Dorinda (who made her housekeeper make everything nice for them) for ruining everything with her out-of-control rage.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, snarts said:

Carole's comment to Ramona about how Luann wasn't really dating Tom (implying they were just banging) is a bit a comical seeing as they got engaged a couple months later.   It's not like Carole had even met Tom at that point.  Further, she was talking about someone who was married for 15+ years and in at least one other longer term relationship.  I don't like when women shade other relationships, it just makes them look petty and jealous.  Carole doesn't need any help in that area.  Her "too cool for school" attitude is wearing thin.  Plus, she was trying to slut shame, piggybacking on her BFF Bethany.  Always lame, IMO.

What's more comical is that Luann shared the same sentiment to Carole about Adam, something along the lines of 'I thought you were just banging him' and Carole was offended by that. I wouldn't mind Carole shading Luann like that if she hadn't spent so much time complaining and seeking an apology from Luann when Carole is now so effortlessly engaging in the same kind of behaviour that she has been condemning of Luann.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, snarts said:

Carole also remarked earlier this season that Luann's men don't usually stay around for breakfast.  Meow.  Bethenny also made comments about Tom.

Given Bethenny met her soon to be ex-husband at 3 am, and Carole met her current love interest, who was her hostesss' niece's recent boyfriend should they really be commenting on Luann and how she meets men?  There was a fair amount of hypocrisy floating around the Berkshires. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny tells her assistant she goes out with a man and brings him home and stays up until 4 am but Luann staying up to 5 am with a man is worthy of mention? Is it the difference between 4 and 5 am that makes Luann's behavior inappropriate?  Glass houses.

The difference is the streetlights go off at 5, in some areas.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Your parting sentiment sounds a bit judgmental (whether intentional or not),

My parting sentiment meant exactly what I said...I am confused by the acceptance of sleeping with married men.  Maybe I live a sheltered puritanical life in comparison to people here, but it in my world we don't do backbends with a list of clauses and subclauses on when or when not it's okay to sleep with another woman's husband.  It is fairly black and white to me, you don't.  If that makes me judgmental in your eyes, so be it.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Ellee said:

The above is from Bsideblog.  There are a lot more pictures and captions.  I've missed these.

http://www.bsideblog.com/2016/06/real-housewives-photocap-season-8-so-far/

B: "It's like I'm talking to a wall." 

J : "Great Wall or Wailing Wall?" 

I'm dying. Oh man, I've never seen these before and they're just amazing. I owe you my firstborn son. (He was born 8 years ago, you can seriously have him.)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I like her too but I don't know why.  Maybe because I'm scared of her.  I'd rather have her in my tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in. 

Pay the extra money for a good tent and you never have to worry about THAT?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, prettybird said:

I'm little lost on the B/L battle. Bethany is really pissed at Lu but why, really? It's not because she's slutty. It's not because she's a hypocrite because Bethanny has called her on that before. It's not Tom, Bethanny doesn't give a crap about Ramona's sloppy seconds. The naming of skinny girl came up again after Bethanny was already on a rant. I wondering if something happened that we are not privy to. Something that they are not talking about on camera. Whatever it is, seems like Lu doesn't really care. She was giggly about the apology texts and wasn't so upset that she would leave and miss any screen time. Anyone have an idea?

From the Jezebel website;http://jezebel.com/put-last-nights-real-housewives-of-new-york-episode-in-1780102849

The impetus for the fight is LuAnn’s ongoing joke about helping Bethenny invent the Skinnygirl margarita because she happened to be there when Bethenny ordered the drink one time. The suggestion being that Bethenny owes her multimillion dollar skinny food empire to her. That is annoying but also, nobody believes this to be true. People of relevance and sense don’t actually think LuAnn had anything to do with Bethenny’s success BUT WHEN YOU ATTACK BETHENNY’S BUSINESS, she’s is completely unable to behave like a mentally balanced person.

There's a very good reason why Luann tolerated the verbal assault from Bethenny, it's because she got the opportunity to mention her own dress line at least twice and also the 'song' that she recorded. The main reason that the majority of these women put up with this nastiness is because they all have something to pander to the public. Luann has the garment line, Ramona has her Pinot Grigio, Carole has her books, Bethenny has her line of Skinny Girl products, Sonja has her toaster ovens, clothing, mixers, Tipsy Girl wine and who knows what else, and Dorinda and Jules are just there for the giggles and camera time.

Being in the same house and following up the verbal altercations with texting just kills me. Luann even apologized to Carole for calling her a "pedafile".  LMAO

pjph779atml3e8taefam.png

Edited by HumblePi

Did Jules mention why she wasn't with her father? According to her, he was dying. I mean I get that she has two small children, but if my loved one was on their deathbed, the last place I'd be is in that house with those idiots.

Speaking of idiots, I howled when Ramona ran pawing at and tackling LuAnn in the kitchen like Mr. Peepers while Dorinda was having another one of her slurred meltdowns. What the hell? I thought she was doing some type of bizarre mime theater.

• Love 7

What's more comical is that Luann shared the same sentiment to Carole about Adam, something along the lines of 'I thought you were just banging him' and Carole was offended by that. I wouldn't mind Carole shading Luann like that if she hadn't spent so much time complaining and seeking an apology from Luann when Carole is now so effortlessly engaging in the same kind of behaviour that she has been condemning of Luann.

So true.  What's worse is that Luann wasn't shading Carole with that comment.  She was truly surprised that Carole viewed Adam as any more than a fuckboy considering their age/position in life differences.  She said as much to her.   In Luann's eyes, he wasn't someone she would date seriously.

Whereas Carole's comments were purposely meant to be catty/slut shame Luann.  Which I find super amusing seeing as Luann now has that 8 carat ring on her finger while Carole waits for Bethany to call... 

• Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

B: "It's like I'm talking to a wall." 

J : "Great Wall or Wailing Wall?" 

I'm dying. Oh man, I've never seen these before and they're just amazing. I owe you my firstborn son. (He was born 8 years ago, you can seriously have him.)

ghoulina, if you look at the Real Housewives link on the right on the bside site, there are more of these recaps for all the RH shows.  I'd get more giggles out of them.  

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 4