Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E03: The Circle Of Life

• Start Topic

Hate Debbie so much because of her real life behavior, I don't care if she pulls the smartest move ever. I will continue to want to see her gone. However conceited FauxBama is, he spends his life helping people instead of risking their lives for a few bucks. I don't think I have ever despised anyone more than Debbie. Not even Hantz.

Poor Alecia. I hope the swap is soon.

• Love 3

I honestly can't decide if I despise Jason or Peter more.

Jason... ugh. Everything about him sucks. Then that whole hunt for the idol display was just ugly. I only hope that Brawn survives if only so that Alecia can make it to a swap. The other 3 Brawn just suck. If Cydney hadn't told Jason about the clue, he'd have no idea. Cydney doesn't seem to understand that Jason and Scot are tight and will cut her out fast.

Peter... what an arrogant douche. First I heard him say "Liz and I are good looking people but we will go for the kill" or something like that. 1). You're not that good looking. 2). Good looking people can't be aggressive? Then I heard him say at tribal that he and Liz are very intelligent people. He is full of himself. I can't believe Debbie and Joe wouldn't take the opportunity to get rid of Peter. Aargh.

• Love 9
(edited)

I too wish they'd just cut Fauxbama down with the first chop of the axe but I'd bet they feel they can keep him in check now that he's the only one without a "pair" and his physical ability will help them more in challenges than would Liz so they chopped off his right arm and allowed him to continue. Fair enough.

EDIT: scowl Exactly why I referred to her as the wicked witch! She'll get that Fauxbama and his little Liz too!!! *cackle*

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 13
I dislike people like Nick who are robotic and unemotional...

There's something really off about that guy.  He can't be gone fast enough.

Strong social skills is not a description I would use for any physicians I've come across in the ER before.

The clueless award tonight goes to Peter! And that was with some tough competition. Sorry if there are any ER docs posting here, but, yeah, not the most sensitive folks I've come across.  I'm sure there's good reason for that, but for him to actually present his profession as evidence of great emotional intelligence?  I bet he's a hit with the nurses.

Debbie continues to amuse, and to nobody's surprise reveals a well-developed sense of the devious.

• Love 12

If Alecia makes the merge, she can hopefully make herself valuable to her new allies by teling everyone that Bounty hunter has an idol.

Debbie is a strange mixture of obtuseness and perspicacity.

Liz and Cydney are to me two of the most naturally beautiful women to be on the island. Too bad they'll look horrible at the reunion, with the makeup gun set to whore.

• Love 9
(edited)

Exactly.  

I hope Debbie sticks around for a long, long, long time.  Her edit started with how she's socially awkward and an outsider, but in this episode she sussed out the Peter/Liz plan, arranged the 2-2-2 tie so that only she and Joe and Neal could vote in the tiebreaker, and then viola, Liz is gone.  Beautiful.  

Also I keep thinking that Brains lost the challenge on purpose so they could get to the voting, but they hid it well.  Oh, well.  I'm just glad that Brawns was spared from three losses in a row.  I always root for the underdog.  I loved that Macho Man Jason's emotional item was a green teddy bear.  

ETA -- Debbie's 49, but still in very good shape physically.  I'm 51, so I can still have my delusion of someday...  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 13

"I don't think the numbers lied to me, I think the people on my tribe lied to me"

Really Liz? My goodness, no wonder you were on the brains tribe.

• Love 10

Heh, was anyone else thinking Caleb was going to lose the last part of that challenge? It was eerily similar to a Big Brother challenge he lost at a critical point in the game.

Yes, it was very similar to a Big Brother challenge that Caleb strategically refused to do. His partner had to do it alone and nailed it.
  • Love 1

I thought it was a good episode and good sign that things are starting to pick up. The only person I like so far though is Alecia. 

Keeping Peter around is probably a bad idea. He seems like the type to not take a blindside well and try to cause more trouble down the line for the rest of the Brains tribe.

If Jason and Scot spent all their time getting the key and Alecia just took the box it would have been an all-time great Survivor moment. They probably make her give it back but still. 

I'd like Becky better if we didn't know about her past falsifying water reports. I usually love the crazy players, but the whole Flint situation is just way too raw to enjoy her from a comedic standpoint. All I can think is that this person had an effect on the public welfare. 

• Love 3

I thought that Alecia didn't know about the box. Am I wrong? I remember her walking off, Cydney finding the box, and then Cydney covering it back up in a hurry when Alecia came back. If that's the case, she wouldn't have had any clue to go hide the box, because she had no idea there was one...she'd have likely thought that what was under the tree was a clue to what Jason and Scott found.

If she knew about the box and knew there was no way she could hide it in time, hell, why not just take it out and throw it in the ocean?? Better no immunity idol in the tribe than to have it in the hands of someone who clearly hates you and would be thrilled to idol you out. I don't think she'd be able to work out any kind of deal with Jason...he's such an arrogant tool.

• Love 10

I thought that Alecia didn't know about the box. Am I wrong? I remember her walking off, Cydney finding the box, and then Cydney covering it back up in a hurry when Alecia came back. If that's the case, she wouldn't have had any clue to go hide the box, because she had no idea there was one...she'd have likely thought that what was under the tree was a clue to what Jason and Scott found.

If she knew about the box and knew there was no way she could hide it in time, hell, why not just take it out and throw it in the ocean?? Better no immunity idol in the tribe than to have it in the hands of someone who clearly hates you and would be thrilled to idol you out. I don't think she'd be able to work out any kind of deal with Jason...he's such an arrogant tool.

I actually don't hate Jason that much, but am thinking that that box couldn't be moved, and if it could - great play!  But of course the best thought of the night was - where did Tai actually hide the idol?  hehe

Caleb sure got more TV savvy, or is getting a great, great edit. This guy is an asshat. I'm glad they saved Pete, I want to see him squirm in the aftermath. Jason is just gross. Everyone knows he has the idol. That should work against him at some point.

I too am tiring of the animal cruelty. 

• Love 2

I think it was an ok episode. It seem to add at least more information to the tribes and how they stand. The past episodes we just saw how chaotic the brawn tribe was and is.

My opinion on the tribes!

Brawn: The brawn tribe has a major issue with the immunity idol. Alicia didn't really play smart on revealing her clue to Cydney. Unfortunately for Alicia, She lost the idol to Kyle because Cydney is playing the, "I'm totally working with you game." (honestly probably the best idea in her situation) If I was part of the brawn team, I would vote Alicia off as quick as possible! This is mostly because if the first team split up happens Alicia has TOO much information against your group. She knows you have an idol and she doesn't trust anyone in your group. Why would she work with any one on the brawn's tribe? She is on the bottom and is treated impolitely. (not saying Alicia will make this move but I have faith she will at least turn on the brawns if she makes the first team split)

Brains: I feel like Debbie played really well tonight with minor bias towards Liz (not shocking). She oddly had a good social game with the other team members or everyone just saw how awful Peter and Liz were. (I try to not care about whether I dislike or like the player....although Debbie is annoying). Any how....I feel like Peter and Liz fell for a good pitfall that prideful/smart (obviously more prideful than smart) players fall into. They plan too much without building a social game. Not only that! Peter pointed fingers at two people who were on completely other fractions in his tribe. Of course, These people wouldn't agree with you. I do question whether Liz was the right choice but I feel she could of had a better social game later on compare to Peter. Either way, I hope Peter can't worm his way out of his predicament....if so congrats for him. (honestly, I would find it amazing if he makes it to the end)

Beauty: At the moment the most stable tribe in the game! I just think the girl fraction (Anna, Michele, and Julia) is not the smartest move. Hmmmm, unless some how they make the first team split all together. I like Tia because he's a character. It just feels like he has no game strategy....positive note- he has an idol and the girls love him. Caleb is too strong to keep around....maybe not the smartest but he can win the challenges that are not puzzles. Nick is on the bottom for not being able to act human enough...too bad beauty seems to rock at the challenges.  

So far the best player in my opinion:

Brawns: 1st place:  Cydney- Mostly she has left her choices open....She could flip on the brawns or stay with them. Also, Cydney is not completely in the bottom of the brawns tribe. other places?: Alicia or Kyle- Depends how the game goes....Kyle has an idol and Alicia has knowledge against him.

Brains: this episode: Debbie- she setup the plain and knew what to do. Game Wise- Anyone except Petter (too many possibilities) 

Beauty: 1st place: Tia- He has an idol and is liked by the majority of his tribe. I wish he had more of a strategy but being liked is good too.

2nd place: the girls- They at least have a strategy....

If Alecia makes the merge, she can hopefully make herself valuable to her new allies by teling everyone that Bounty hunter has an idol.

Liz and Cydney are to me two of the most naturally beautiful women to be on the island. Too bad they'll look horrible at the reunion, with the makeup gun set to whore.

The only problem with the idol is, now that it is a super idol, I'm worried Bounty might be more of an asset to someone, instead of being a threat because of the idol.  I'm hoping he gets voted off before he even has a chance to use the idol (either on himself or with the new superidol).  Regardless, I do hope Alecia finds greener pastures without her brawn tribe mates.

Lol to your last line, though I agree.  I think most of these people look better on the island, with scruff, dirt, and greasy hair vs what the make up and wardrobe people do to them.

• Love 3

Well, I hate to say it, but wow was that predictable.  As soon as Liz said those magic words, "it might be a good thing we lost", I knew she was toast.  Too bad; I liked her--though of course they hit me with plenty of cringeworthy "ironic because she loses! haha we're amazing at our jobs, editor high five!" quotes, I am never too concerned about those.  I am sure most people, even the humblest, have some "I feel OK tonight going into tribal, everything is going according to plan" interviews, which the editors only pull out when they get voted out.  I feel like Liz could have recovered from her overly-cerebral presentation and assumption that Debbie is a pawn with the scare that a near-miss would have given her, to be a good player; the good doctor Pete, on the other hand, is worthy of the original Brain tribe.  Useless, stupid, and amazingly arrogant in his useless stupidity.  He just could not wait to rub it in Neal's face.  I don't really grasp why people dislike the Ice Cream Man, he's not the most electrifying personality out there (sorry Neal, but the bow tie and pants don't make up for it) but he seems reasonably sane and clever, I guess.  Aubry is Best Brain, obviously, and she's got Neal as her #2, so I'm OK with Neal for now.

I agree that Debbie did interestingly well tonight and she is a strange mix of clueless and savvy.  I have my Survivor Goggles on so I cannot see her (despicable) water fraud, nor Caleb's gross behavior on BB; I'm just going to think of them as game players, and Debbie did OK.  I think Caleb did too; if the three Beauty Gals are unbreakably tight, as indeed they seem to be, joining them is the best thing for him for now.  The best he could do otherwise (before any swappings) is a tie, which is pointless boat-rocking which will hurt his chances of going BEAUTY STRONG when they are up in numbers at the merge.  (If I get on Survivor in a 3-tribe season, put me on the yellowy-shaded tribe please.  Tandang, the orangeish Brawn of Tony and Trish, and this new Beauty tribe, all unstoppable.)  His time to break up the three will come, and they're not even targeting his odd-couple buddy Tai, but rather the somehow spooky and apparently close-to-nobody Nick.

Brawn tribe sure is a pack of dopes.  I guess Alecia stumbled on that clue in full view of Cydney and was hoping to draw her in as an ally (as Cydney said, she trusted her more after the vote...you need to vote with someone, so I don't really blame Alecia for reaching out to Cydney despite the latter's disdain--more likely than the two meatheads) but still, she should have tried to conceal that clue, and why give up so quickly when spotted by Southeast Michigan's Third-Best Bounty Hunter?  Cydney did better pretending she hadn't found it, but then goes and blabs the whole damn thing to Earrings, why?  It's like when whatsisface--Tyler?--told Mike the whole clue in the Collars season for no reason.  She could have said anything, and she chose to tell it all for no reason.  Then we have The Sunburned Asshole, so pleased with himself for his hustle, but an idol everybody knows about is not that great a thing to have.  I don't subscribe to the "never tell anyone about it, ever" school, but strategically doling out the information is a far cry from getting it in full view of your tribe, indeed knocking them down to get it.  And frankly since Scott is the one to push the thing out of the tube, is 9 feet tall, and presumably has the experience to box out in the paint, he should have grabbed that idol for himself.  But, everyone is dumb, and so the worst of all people has the idol.  Bah.

I'm hoping for big things from the Beauty Gals, who got a good edit tonight, although they are so undifferentiated still that I'm not sure any of them is the winner.  Somehow I get the best vibe from Michele, though Julia got a highlight reel moment at the challenge.  Anyway: so far so good, not anything spectacular so far this season, but it's not actively horrible, at least not yet, so that's an improvement on several recent ones.  After the amazingness of last season I can accept a solid boring season.  I just hope, not to run afoul of the bizarre spoiler rules of this forum I hope, that the "most brutal season ever" stuff is not as bad as it could be.

• Love 11

I'm done with them giving these people chickens for food. Give them a box of veggies or pizza....anything besides handing inept people a live chicken and a machete. This coming from someone who grew up eating whatever we grew in the garden or what roamed in the pasture.

• Love 16

I have the worst feeling that Peter and Liz are going to mimic Spencer and Shirin's fate in Second Chance, with a horrible outcome of Peter making it deep into the game. Peter is no Spencer, imo he's been insufferable since episode 1, but he'll probably be around for challenges and then have a chance to gain new allies at the merge. Shudder.

I'm waiting for Caleb to be voted out before I stop watching this season :(. I think so far he's come across as very likeable, and I'm not sure why he's being condemned for things that happened on Big Brother? Completely different show which I believe happened 2 years ago - I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's grown some self-awareness, at least until he proves me wrong. As for the rest of the cast, I can't think of anyone to root for. Aubrey, I guess?

• Love 4
(edited)

I liked the challenge.  Didn't seem to bang them up as much, nice mix of talents and strengths needed.    I must of missed it, did they tell them they had to switch out?  Sometimes they don't have to they just do, I lose track.  Seems like some were much better than others and if they didn't have to switch would have been better off.

Take back anything bad I said about Caleb.  Loved how sweet he was to Tai about the chicken.  Hope those 2 go far. 

Loved that Tai held the chicken, very brave to be there for the chicken even if you hate whats happening.  Very hard, indicates a lot of straight and narrow logic with tons follow through.

Still don't understand how everyone just seems to hand Jason head gorilla role.  He can go home anytime.  NBA player - I hope Jason takes care of me?  Really?  Is that what you did on the court?  Hope the opposing team would pass you the ball?

Alecia, shouldn't have trusted Cyndy after Jenny.  Cyndy, quick on her feet with hiding that she found that box right in front of Alecia.  What were they, like 2 feet apart?

Would rather have seen Dr. Bag o nuts go home.  Slighty boring tribal.  Still like Debbie.  Somehow walking with tigers bothers me more than another human screwing over other humans. 

Forgot to add, Has Probst been talking to Aubry?  I heard the phrase "emotional intelligence twice tonight". 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1

Liz. In 32 seasons, it has not been a good idea to lose. Why she felt the need to give the editors those quotes to work with I have no idea. If I ever make it on the show, whether I think it or not, I would never ever say I wanted to lose or was happy to lose because you know they'll use it and more than likely it will be a portent of doom.

Not that I'll get on the show because the elements and stuff and also, it doesn't matter if you have dead weight or not I would never want to lose. Who wants to lose? I can't even conceive that I would ever be happy about losing.

Because regardless what you think the plan is, if you are sitting at TC, there is always a chance that YOU could go home and I don't know why anyone would risk that, ever.

Oh Burton. Still so pretty, still so foolish 25 seasons later.

(edited)

Did Nick actually admit on national TV to being a sociopath? I mean killing a chicken? Big deal. But the way he explains himself "simulating emotions"? Warning bells.

Cydney pulling one over on Alecia was funny. Actually more like pulling ten over on her, not one. What was the purpose of that damn tool by the way if people could just use extra sticks anyway?

Hate Debbie so much because of her real life behavior, I don't care if she pulls the smartest move ever. I will continue to want to see her gone. However conceited FauxBama is, he spends his life helping people instead of risking their lives for a few bucks. I don't think I have ever despised anyone more than Debbie. Not even Hantz.

Right. There's a difference between acting like a villain for a reality show and being one in real life. Debbie can go fuck herself. A hundred times over. Flint, Michigan has shown us that water management fraud is serious business. Even if Debbie's misdeeds weren't on that level... they were bad enough.

In other news, Stephen Fishbach LOVES Debbie and awarded her his "Fishy" award thing: http://www.people.com/article/survivor-kaoh-rong-stephen-fishbach-blogs-episode-3

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

I love the ice cream pants. And the bow tie. Fantastic.

I just want Alecia to stay around longer than Jason. I hope something awful happens to his teddy bear.

Heyyyy noowwwwww. 

Jason's mean, but let's not be hostile to Wish-Bear Care Bear. She's innocent in all of this 

• Love 9

Wow, Debbie looks and sounds like a mad woman... she is really scaring me. When she's got her TH about Joe she reminds me of the wicked witch... seriously people

I know, right?  I think she's Margaret Hamilton's granddaughter the resemblance is eerie.  And Debbie is only 49????  That's a hard 49.  I just turned 50 and I asked my husband to guess how old Debbie looks.  He said 65.  Made me feel almost as smug as Dr. Fauxbama!

• Love 11

According to an interview with Jeff Probst, the idol box is considered a fixed item, part of the set, so to speak, and cannot be moved or taken by a contestant. So Alecia couldn't have taken it.  If she had only kept her mouth shut she might have found the idol on her own, though it seemed really difficult to get that key out of the tree. So now it's a "team" idol, though as Jason surely knows, there is no I-dol in "team."

I had thought that Tai took part in the chicken killing so that he could make sure it died a "merciful" and quick death, but apparently not, since the chicken did suffer  bit, which is why it brought on Tai's emotions. It's funny, how we all wondered at his being included on the beauty tribe. But he is truly a beautiful person. 

Debbie keeps talking about flying under the radar and observing, while we all wonder how exactly that works, when she never shuts up. But the thing is, her constant yammering about nothing is actually a very effective way of keeping under the radar, since everybody dismisses her as a kook. Maybe she is as smart as she claims to be, since she certainly engineered Liz's ouster.

Nobama is quite an arrogant tool.  Thank goodness, I've never come upon an ER doctor like him. It's always a good episode when arrogance is taken by surprise at tribal council. i highly recommend Dalton Ross's Survivor recaps on EW.com. He awarded Peter the 2016 Douchebag award. 

I am always comforted in the fact that Survivor is filmed quite a bit in advance, and we would surely hear if anyone was actually killed or seriously injured during filming. That's the only thing that gets me through medical evac episodes like next week's.

• Love 6
(edited)

Good point. Too bad this was Alecia we're talking about. I wanted Peter's smirk to get slapped clear off his face and land back at the hospital in Minnesota where he works.

Does Liz not realize those numbers are people? The numbers lied to you, Liz, because you got voted out.

I liked Liz, but she was rather clueless last night. When you are analyzing the "numbers" in Survivor, you need to account for the fact people lie.

When she seemed shocked that people lied to her I was thinking of the GEICO ads. "When you are on Survivor, you lie...it's what you do."

Fauxbama really is an arrogant, condescending jackass, but the entire brains tribe with the exception of Aubry all seem to be the same. I don't think I have ever disliked an entire tribe this much.

Alecia better pray a tribe shuffle comes soon or she is finished.

I know, right? I think she's Margaret Hamilton's granddaughter the resemblance is eerie. And Debbie is only 49???? That's a hard 49. I just turned 50 and I asked my husband to guess how old Debbie looks. He said 65. Made me feel almost as smug as Dr. Fauxbama!

I also assumed Debbie was in her 60s when I first saw her. Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7
(edited)

I never stop loving this show!

Debbie is quite wacky, but I can tolerate her. Especially after she devised the plan last night. I wish they got rid of Peter instead of Liz. I wonder why they chose Liz over him? He is intolerable. My son is an ER nurse and I'd cringe if he had to work with him!

I don't ever remember disliking a tribe as much as I do the Brawn tribe. I wish they'd all self implode.

And opposite of that, I really like the Brain tribe. I hope the winner comes from there.

I never watched BB, so I have no idea about Caleb and his history. As it stands, he is now one of my favorites.

I agree with getting PETA involved in this.....enough killing chickens. I am waiting for them to do something despicable like skin a cat or dog. If they did that, I'd personally fly out to boycott CBS! I could never personally be involved in killing a chicken.

As far as the Super Idol....I wonder if it wouldn't be better to use your 2 idols separately, especially if it was closer to the end. Or if someone knew a player they wanted out had it, I'd vote him out to flush the super idol out. I am still on the fence about how it will work to a player's advantage.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 5

I just want Alecia to stay around longer than Jason. I hope something awful happens to his teddy bear.

She should kidnap the bear and demand the idol as ransom.

• Love 6

I don't think PETA has to get involved. Even if they didn't provide chickens - sometimes the island has the random chickens running around (unless that's placed by the show, I dunno)... just don't show it. (Or - show them as part of survival training how to ethically kill a chicken). and I say this as a vegan. 

again. please y'all. 
hate the player - don't hate Wishbear Carebear. she's awesome. 

• Love 6

Damn, they're really making people work for those Idols this year, aren't they? Good. Not only are they harder to physically get, but all the extra components also makes it harder to keep it from your tribe. I was really really hoping Alecia would lock down that Idol on the Brawn tribe, but she was kind of screwed in finding the clue when Cydney was right there. I think Cydney would have kept quiet if they had actually found the Idol and the guys hadn't seen them out there. But once Jason and Lurch knew what they were doing, she kind of had to say something. Then I was hoping that Alecia would catch the key when it fell, but no luck. 

Normally I am VERY against going into someone's personal stuff (pants, bag, etc.) but I would love if Alecia stole that Idol from Jason in the dark of the night. He just bugs so bad. Even worse now that I saw him commit the cardinal sin of wearing two different plaids at once. 

Then you have Tai who did the whole thing without being discovered. I have to wonder how that is. His tribemates suspected he was looking for Idols very early on. Why do they not go out there with him? Are they just content to let him get the Idol? Whatever then....

So far Beauty Tribe has been the most boring, because they win everything and they also seem to get along pretty well. I still know little and less about the girls, but no one on that tribe seems overly offensive, except for Nick. He just really rubs me the wrong way. He comes across as very cocky, and doesn't seem to be able to empathize with other people. 

I know some people may think Tai was a bit over dramatic about the chickens, but I didn't have any issue with it. He wasn't trying to stop them, he realized they needed to eat. He just personally had a hard time with it. I'd be the same way. I eat meat, I get the whole circle of life thing. But I have always told my husband that I don't think I'd be able to raise our own food. I get WAY too attached to animals. Very quickly. I think Tai is just a sensitive person like that. And I don't expect Nick to run up and hug him and make a big deal about it or anything. But everyone else seemed to feel a little bit sympathetic and Nick was just shrugging his shoulders in this DGAF way, it just made me think that he doesn't ever really care about other people's feelings. And probably doesn't have any himself. 

I mean, this is a game about relationships, so good luck to you, sir. 

So, is Brain the only tribe who hasn't found an Idol? That would be kind of interesting. I wonder if they've even looked. I know they usually don't show searching unless it leads to something, but I always wonder. 

It was so fun seeing Pete and Liz acting so smug about their control over the other duos, only to turn around and be targeted. Smug looks GONE. It was even more hilarious considering Pete declared himself an expert on social interaction, given his job as an ER doc. What now? Shouldn't you be paying attention to....I don't know....the people bleeding out in front of you, instead of the "social interactions" going on in a freaking hospital? 

Ass. I wish he would have gone home over Liz, but I'm guess they wanted to break up that duo and still keep some strength on the tribe. 

I got a giggle out of seeing Joe working out on the raft. It's like, you're on Survivor. You're barely eating and you're exerting tons of energy at challenges and around camp. But you go on and get those crunches in. I know he snapped at Liz last week, but I'm still not certain if I like the guy or not. I tend to have a soft spot for the old curmudgeon types. Maybe he was having a bad day. I will reserve judgment for a while longer. 

Debbie....ah, I just can't like Debbie as a person, knowing about her water scandal. But as a player, she can be sort of entertaining. But then five minutes later she annoys the crap out of you. Five more minutes later, she terrifies you. When she had her hair down during her interviews and was yelling at the camera, she looked exactly like that girl that crawled out of the well in The Ring.....forty years later. 

• Love 11

I'm not sure how well the super idol will work.  Will someone give up their half to rescue an ally?  Maybe.  But most players are loathe to give up a one shot immunity.  

TPTB spend so much time with Brawn, there are still many players that we don't know.  I couldn't tell you one thing about Neal other than he owns an ice cream business.  I couldn't tell you who the Beauty girls are.  (There's an Anna??)  Hope Beauty does something interesting before they start getting voted out.

Best part though?

When asked for feedback from Jeff on Peter's big plan reveal, her only comment was "Good for him for throwing it all out there", accompanied by her big shit-eating grin, as well as not losing her grin and KEEPING HER BIG MOUTH SHUT while Jeff purposefully draws the silence out.

I know!  Debbie, of all people, not over sharing information at TC?  Not ruining the plan by gloating?  That was a surprise.  She may have more game than we think.

According to an interview with Jeff Probst, the idol box is considered a fixed item, part of the set, so to speak, and cannot be moved or taken by a contestant. So Alecia couldn't have taken it.  If she had only kept her mouth shut she might have found the idol on her own, though it seemed really difficult to get that key out of the tree. 

Ha!  The only way the mental giant would have found it herself is if a storm had simultaneously ripped the key out of the tree and lifted the box out of the ground and deposited both at her feet.  That whole sequence of chasing each other and stealing items made them all look bad.  I can't warm up to Alecia no matter how mean the guys are to her.  She's a worthless teammate.  During the IC she dropped over the wall to Cydney's side then stood there not helping.  She puts no effort into challenges.  They should have kept Jenny or the guy they voted out in the first episode.

• Love 6

I want Alecia to kidnap the bear and give it back covered in tattoos made from berries with both its ears gauged.

Every time Jason utters the words "southeast Michigan," I wilt a little bit inside.  The Detroit area does not need to be represented by this tool.

Loved how Alecia found the clue while the two tattooed morons sat there proclaiming that she was far too stupid to find it.  I was then enraged when they retrieved the idol and refused to look Alecia in the eyes while she stood there watching.  I want Bounty gone and I want Alecia to be the mastermind behind it.  And I don't even want to hear one word from that guy about how that teddy bear reminds him of his sweet daughters back home.  Don't.  EVEN.

I have worked in healthcare for years.  Nobama reminds me strongly of some of the biggest egos I have ever dealt with.  I too wish he'd been voted out because I have the feeling that Liz might not be quite so hard to handle, come the merge.  I can see Peter and Nick teaming up and doing damage, 'cause they are both so handsome and all.

I didn't realize until last night how truly awful Scot's back tattoo is.

Debbie wouldn't scare me so much if she didn't yell at the cameraperson in her talking heads.  The. TIME! TO! ACT! IS! NOW!  Yikes!!

• Love 3

Cydney doesn't seem to understand that Jason and Scot are tight and will cut her out fast.

I'm not a fan of hers, but I really REALLY hate those guys more, and I can't believe how clueless she is about her true position.  Wake up and smell the testosterone!  Did it not even occur to her how FAST those boys made sure one of them had "their" idol, and not her?  

I want Alecia to kidnap the bear and give it back covered in tattoos made from berries with both its ears gauged.

Yes, please.  YES, PLEASE!  (Except I'd feel bad for the bear, who doesn't deserve to match her douchebag.)

• Love 4

I am also wondering about the super idol...are there two idols buried at each camp?  Or will each tribe have one idol and be forced to find out post-merge who has the other idols to make that super-idol?  It's interesting, because it could force people to align that might not have otherwise done so, but it's a bit confusing.

• Love 5

I told Khaleesi last week how Jason wants everyone to believe he's really tough, and she can't stand him because he's "so rude" to Alecia... so she's nicknamed him Cupcake. 

And I couldn't find a way to frame this because Peter didn't actually compare himself to Obama last night, and she said it post-show so I wasn't Note-ing, but she commented that looking like someone 20 years older than you isn't very good bragging material.  Amens. 

Cupcake Kyle grabs his teddy bear from the Reward shelf

Khaleesi:  That poor teddy bear.  Soon Cupcake's going to tell him how useless he is and try to vote him out.

Peter Fauxbama:  "Liz and I are good-looking people, we have great smiles.."

Khaleesi:  No, but this guy, really? 

Idol worship at Brawn camp

Khaleesi:  Sydney basically just handed those guys the idol.. she likes them more than they like her.   

Cupcake Kyle:  I'm one of the best bounty hunters in Southeast Michigan. 

Khaleesi:  I don't even believe he's the best bounty hunter on that island.

Poultry execution, Caleb assures Tai that he's dead and out of pain

Khaleesi:  Caleb's being really sweet.  Maybe he just needs to be outdoors to be a good person. 

Nick's friends would call him "cold-blooded" like a robot

Khaleesi:  I refuse to believe he has friends. 

Tai mourns chicken

Beauty Girls:  "He's so sad..."

Nick:  "Yeah."  

Nick (20 seconds later):  "Oh you mean Tai?"

Beauty Girls:  "Yeah." 

Nick:  "Oh..  Yeah." 

Khaleesi:  You know he totally wasn't paying attention to anything they were saying. 

Anna to Caleb:  I don't trust Nick.

Khaleesi:  You should have more trust issues with your boobs right now; this is why a bandana is not a shirt. 

Neil:  Yeah but which plan?

Peter:  Not your plan!

Khaleesi:  Go ahead, Peter, jump up on the tree log so they know you're serious.   

• Love 19
(edited)
Yes, it was very similar to a Big Brother challenge that Caleb strategically refused to do. His partner had to do it alone and nailed it.

Thank you! I'm glad someone confirmed this. As soon as I saw that challenge, I thought - "Wait, isn't this almost exactly like the one he sat out so they could vote out Frankie?" I wonder how intentional that was.

I liked Liz, but she was rather clueless last night. When you are analyzing the "numbers" in Survivor, you need to account for the fact people lie.

Right? I was really stunned by her naivety, just thinking that whatever people told her she could 100% count on.

I found it interesting that she said Aubry wasn't interested in talking game, but she seemed to have no trouble talking game with Debbie. It's quite possible Aubry just didn't want to work with Liz. But Liz incorrectly assumed that meant she didn't have her head in the game at all.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how well the super idol will work. Will someone give up their half to rescue an ally? Maybe. But most players are loathe to give up a one shot immunity.

TPTB spend so much time with Brawn, there are still many players that we don't know. I couldn't tell you one thing about Neal other than he owns an ice cream business. I couldn't tell you who the Beauty girls are. (There's an Anna??) Hope Beauty does something interesting before they start getting voted out.

I know! Debbie, of all people, not over sharing information at TC? Not ruining the plan by gloating? That was a surprise. She may have more game than we think.

Ha! The only way the mental giant would have found it herself is if a storm had simultaneously ripped the key out of the tree and lifted the box out of the ground and deposited both at her feet. That whole sequence of chasing each other and stealing items made them all look bad. I can't warm up to Alecia no matter how mean the guys are to her. She's a worthless teammate. During the IC she dropped over the wall to Cydney's side then stood there not helping. She puts no effort into challenges. They should have kept Jenny or the guy they voted out in the first episode.

Yes, no matter how much of a jerk Jason is (and he is), I still do not find myself warming up to Alecia. She just seems to walk around dazed half the time like she doesn't know which way is up. As a blonde, I hate the "Blondie" nickname and how they are reducing her to the color of her hair, but try as I might, I just do not like her. I think the best thing that could happen for me is both of them going home.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but his palling around Jason notwithstanding, I don't have a huge problem with Scot. I am guessing without his pal Jason around, he would probably come off better. Right now, the whole Brawn tribe just seems to be a vacuum of suck for me.

The Brains tribe is not much better what with Fauxbama thinking he is as all-powerful as the real Obama. Since Liz didn't come off that bad before this episode, I'm wondering if she was receiving good editing or hanging around Fauxbama convinced her she was this special little snowflake. I think what bothered me most about the both of them is that they treated Joe and Debbie like they were mental defectives because they were "old." Like, we have to speak slowly and give them easy instructions because they might not understand. I am not a big fan of Debbie, but the ageism just pisses me off. I don't know what bothered me more about this episode, their inflated egos or the fact that their inflated egos was actually making me root for Debbie. Ugh.

• Love 14

Khaleesi:  Caleb's being really sweet.  Maybe he just needs to be outdoors to be a good person. 

Aww, I think Khaleesi is right!  Having watched him on BB, I can't yet decide if he's getting a good edit on Survivor or perhaps he's done some growing up during the break between the shows.  I hope it's the latter.  I can't help but feel like he is a good person at heart.  Time will tell.

• Love 5
Cupcake Kyle:  I'm one of the best bounty hunters in Southeast Michigan.

Khaleesi:  I don't even believe he's the best bounty hunter on that island.

Right??? Alecia did all the leg work, and then he steps in and claims the idol at the last second. 

This is such an endearing comment. Never change, Khaleesi. 

Anna to Caleb:  I don't trust Nick.

Khaleesi:  You should have more trust issues with your boobs right now; this is why a bandana is not a shirt.

See, I didn't even know her name was Anna! I just keep getting so distracted by the seemingly impossible way her boobs are staying put in that thing. 

• Love 6

I continue to be fascinated by Debbie...much though she has been shown so far as being a total space cadet, and I have been equally both totally outraged and totally entertained, she showed some really good game skills tonight. She refused to be cowed by the Golden Couple, she made a counter-attack plan, acted on it right away and stuck to her guns, and she actually showed a really good emotional iq by not only realizing what all her tribemates wanted to hear but picking up the subtle cues and clues in what they were saying back to her.

Which made her tribal comments about analytical thinking and emotion being a waste of time and energy absolutely hilarious!! (She wins my award for trying to Out-Spock-Mr. Spock.)

Best part though?

When asked for feedback from Jeff on Peter's big plan reveal, her only comment was "Good for him for throwing it all out there", accompanied by her big shit-eating grin, as well as not losing her grin and KEEPING HER BIG MOUTH SHUT while Jeff purposefully draws the silence out.

Last week I was prepared to write her off as a whackadoodle, but that was some masterful play, right there. I broke up with Survivor during the Russell Hantz era, but this season has reminded me why I loved it once. Sigh. Maybe we can get back together!

• Love 4

Normally I am VERY against going into someone's personal stuff (pants, bag, etc.) but I would love if Alecia stole that Idol from Jason in the dark of the night.

I'm gonna assume you know that's explicitly against the rules and that you're joking, yes?
  • Love 3

I think so far he's come across as very likeable, and I'm not sure why he's being condemned for things that happened on Big Brother? Completely different show which I believe happened 2 years ago - I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's grown some self-awareness, at least until he proves me wrong.

He was just recently being a homophobic idiot on twitter so I don't think he's grown. IMO Caleb is just getting a good edit, but I've decided to just accept it and enjoy it because I'm tired of being angry about CBS reality shows casting horrible people. I mean I keep watching them so really I'm no better!

This episode was, yet again, hilarious. These people are so stupid. Although I have to say I had to watch a good portion of this with my eyes behind my hands because there was just too much second-hand embarrassment.

Nick may be a robot, but I'm telling you Neal is a sociopath. He seriously gives me really creepy vibes. But I do love Aubry and he seems to be really close with her, so I guess I hope he lasts.

Cydney is stupid and awful. I look forward to the day when she gets voted out.

• Love 1
(edited)

some of you all are questioning about whether or not the brains tribe has looked for an idol: the brains tribe has been looking for the idol~Liz & fauxbama thought Neal had it; also all the split votes to flush the idol

chickens still can move after their heads are cut off....they are dead it the head/brain had been cut off even if the body still moves for a while. Regardless, I'd prefer them sticking to rice/beans and not animals

not smart of the beauty girl (don't know their names) to tell Caleb that the girls have a tight alliance. I don't think it will hurt her but it was still stupid to tell him or anyone that.

Is Nick trying to be like Dr. Will from BB---all circuity and machine on the inside (joking about being a sociopath or unemotional). Dr. Will was awesome but Nick is not. Nick needs to get voted off.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1
(edited)

TC:  That TC!  The editors had a field day showing us all the smirks and eye rolls at Pete and Liz’s ridiculous statements.  I loved, especially, the condescending (and faux “respectful”) bit about how Joe, being a police officer, wouldn’t lie because he’s older and it’s a generational thing.  Cue Joe’s self-satisfied smirk.

Pete: It was just so sweet, so sweet!, that Pete got outsmarted by Debbie of all people!  I kind of wished Pete had gotten the vote, but as someone says, it’ll be sweet to see him have to live with these people who hate him, without any port in the storm, for the next few days. 

“As an ER doctor, I have strong social skills” – because, you know, it’s hard deciding which residents to assign to actually treat the patients.

Liz: You know Liz is just the kind of person to go from smug arrogance to weepy in 5 seconds flat when things don’t go her way.  Her exit interview was pretty deluded.  All affronted that people lied to you while herself lying, but, thank God, the numbers, ever reliable, did not lie to her! Sheesh.

Debbie: What a great episode for her.  Given her wackiness so far, it is refreshing and exciting to see that she knows when to keep her mouth shut.  She is both OTT and playing it cool, each at its own time, which is kind of rare.

Brawn Assholes: OMG, that immunity challenge afforded me my first full, complete view of the back tattoos of Scot and Jason and they are even uglier than I could ever have imagined.  And now one of them has an idol.  Sigh.

I was laughing pretty hard at Jason’s brag:  “I’m one of the best bounty hunters in southeast Michigan.”  Uh, ok.

Tai: I love that he got the idol.  He was made for this game, he is the scrappiest, smartest, most resilient and creative person out there.  If I were stuck in the wild, I would want Tai with me.

Caleb:  is getting better looking.

Disturbing things:  That poor chicken.  Seriously, they need to stop giving them animals.  Also, the massive waste of rice in the IC.  Couldn’t they use something else?  Stones? Sand?

Edited by Special K
  • Love 18
(edited)

I am apparently watching a different show than everyone else. I came away from this episode with a newfound love for Debbie, feeling ambivalent about Jason, and thinking that the only reason anyone thinks they like Alecia is because she's an underdog...but that she deserves that status given the fact that she seems to have no idea what is going on around her 90% of the time.

Debbie said she wanted to play like Coach, and I now kind of see it. It's hard to say if it was the editing, or if she really was the power player this episode. She certainly seemed to be the one who was underestimated completely by Peter and Liz, and who managed to bring together the other three. Back when Coach (and Phillip) played, everyone always wondered: How much of the crazy is real and how much is designed to give the appearance of cluelessness to seem attractive as someone to be manipulated/a goat and take to the end? I'm wondering the same thing with Debbie, except I think with her it's less of a persona she's adopting and more an understanding of how the quirks of her personality can be used to her best advantage. She has some arrogance in confessionals, but it seems like a fairly self aware arrogance thus far. She's annoying, loud, weird... But kind of shrewd. And she certainly seems to be reading people better than either Peter or Liz.

Alecia, on the other hand, seems to have no ability to read people at all. While she recognizes that she's on the bottom, she keeps trusting Cydney. The minute she shared the idol hunt with her, she was sunk. While Jason was the most obviously aggressive, it was a 3 on 1 battle that Alecia had no chance of ever winning. On the other hand, While Tai seems to have developed friendships on Beauty, he was smart enough to TELL NO ONE, and succeed in getting his idol all on his own. Alecia has done nothing to impress me, and all I can think is people like her just because she's not her teammates? And because they call her Blondie and recognize that she is useless? That's enough to make me feel a little sorry for her, but not to root for her. She just doesn't have the gameplay to go far and, quite frankly, the fact she's still in the game is a testament to how NOT strategic the whole tribe seems to be.

Jason seems aggressive, arrogant, and probably kind of a dick to be around. But I don't get Dan Foley levels of asshole from him. Instead, he just seems like someone who is used to a rough and tumble environment without a lot of nuance. He's almost stereotypically ex-military grunt who hangs out in the southeast Michigan biker scene, has a certain cunning and sense, but sees little value in "book learning" etc. He's on a mission on Survivor which is to win, and he's not going to let anyone or anything get in his way, but he doesn't have the subtly to be sneaky about it. It's like a big dog off leash just barreling through the park. I don't like him, but I think he's actually fairly easy to understand, and it's Alecia's complete lack of social intelligence that has made it impossible for her to deal with her team as a whole -- and he's the one least able to be subtle about how she has alienated herself and his feelings toward her. I wish they were showing us more of the other interactions at that camp, because it's hard for me to judge how big a jerk he is when it's seen only in the context of Alecia. Show us how he, Scot, and Cydney get along because there's clearly a dynamic there and it's not one we're being shown. From Cyd's comments, it seems like Scot is the center of that alliance...

Edited by kakiphony
  • Love 13

I'm not sure how well the super idol will work.  Will someone give up their half to rescue an ally?  Maybe.  But most players are loathe to give up a one shot immunity.  

TPTB spend so much time with Brawn, there are still many players that we don't know.  I couldn't tell you one thing about Neal other than he owns an ice cream business.  I couldn't tell you who the Beauty girls are.  (There's an Anna??)  Hope Beauty does something interesting before they start getting voted out.

I know!  Debbie, of all people, not over sharing information at TC?  Not ruining the plan by gloating?  That was a surprise.  She may have more game than we think.

Re the Super Idol, I can see a few scenarios where it plays out.  It's possible that the holder of one-half of the Super Idol finds a second, regular HII as well.  I mean, they're literally growing on trees this season.  He or she could then offer their half of the SII to the player who has the other half (assuming knowledge of that, of course).  Additionally, since the SII can be used after the votes are read, The two people who are holding it can agree to combine it for the use of whomever gets the most elimination votes (at least during a TC where their future security beyond that TC would be relatively solid from there on out).

Yes, there's an Anna.  Actually, there are two.  And they're spectacular.

Debbie struck me as another Special Agent Phil.  But she apparently knows how to keep her pie-hole shut.  There are a lot of superficial things about her that turn me off, but she does seem to have a decent read on the situation.  I'm sure that ER Doc just assumes that if he believes it, it must be true.  But he failed to grasp the fact that just because he doesn't like a particular player doesn't mean everyone else views her as a goat.  And, in fact, in this instance, if other players do write Debbie off as a goat and keep her around, I think she could give folks a good run at FTC.

• Love 2